Blurriness on FOP

emily nicole

DIS Veteran
I think Flight of Passage is incredible and it's one of my favorite WDW experiences. I have ridden it probably around 10 times so far without issue. This last trip (last week) my son and I both experienced the ride being blurry, almost with that look you get when you don't have your 3D glasses on. It really put a damper on our ride. I was sitting on the end and he was sitting next to me, but I think I've sat on the end before without issues.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I think Flight of Passage is incredible and it's one of my favorite WDW experiences. I have ridden it probably around 10 times so far without issue. This last trip (last week) my son and I both experienced the ride being blurry, almost with that look you get when you don't have your 3D glasses on. It really put a damper on our ride. I was sitting on the end and he was sitting next to me, but I think I've sat on the end before without issues.

It's possible that your particular "location" on the domed OmniMax screen
(possibly positioned near an edge) was a factor.

Maybe the 3D glasses were dirty, as in smudged with fingerprints or something. I would hope they clean them between guests, but maybe yours were worn by some kids who kept pushing them back into their faces and got fingerprints all over them. As I recall, it's pretty dark in there when they hand you your glasses, so maybe the smudges couldn't be seen in that dimly lit room. Edited my typo.

Last edited:
I had a ride once where, as far as I could tell, we were in a far/all the way to the right position in the theatre/room and the image felt a touch blurry.

Never really figured out if it was just me or if it was in fact due to our particular position.

My daughter was there in March, when she came home complained of it being blurry. Needless to say this being her favorite ride she was very disappointed.

I've ridden it twice now. Last summer and 2 weeks ago. Blurry both times. The glasses were clean. I checked before the ride started.

I was farthest to the left a week ago and it was super blurry if I had both eyes opened so I closed one the rest of the ride.

Blurry for me too, I have an astigmatism so I thought maybe it was that? 3D never is clear for me either.

For me, it’s always been crystal clear and incredibly immersive, so this was a new thing for me. I don’t think it was my 3D glasses because my 15 year old also saw the blurriness... also his first time to have the issue.

I wonder if there is a particular section that should be avoided. I can’t remember which room we were put into.

Rode it for the first time last week. It was blurry for both of us too, but was worse when the glasses slipped at all on my nose so I kept pushing them up.

I have noticed blurriness sometimes. I can get it in focus, but it takes effort, especially in the dark cave part.

Rode it twice this past NYE trip and I found it a bit blurry both times.

It has always appeared a bit blurry for me, not enough to really bother me, or really take away from the experience, but enough that I am aware of it.

Rode this today and it was blurry. Very blurry actually. When I first rode in 2017 it was unbelievable and crystal clear. Not so this time. I was disappointed. It does not have the impact without the clarity.

This is weird, I’ve been on it more than ten times and I’ve never experienced that. I would wager it has something to do with screen position because I’ve been fortunate enough to never sit on the far sides.

Is it possible the projector is out of whack somehow?

I doubt, just saw it today and it was fine. I was near the middle though.

Plus if it’s just the projector that has to be easy enough to fix for AKs flagship attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter