BlueZoo??? YES!!!

RE: The Cantonese Lobster. That was my first runner up this trip but I decided to wait for a visit when I REALLY felt like lobster. Our server said the Miso Sea Bass and Cantonese Lobster were, IHO, the two best items - but hoenstly the Simply Fish is soooo good too I think it depends on what you're feeling like at the moment.
pirate:

Another thumbs WAAAAY up for the Miso Sea Bas. I had this entree back in May and about licked my plate clean. I even enjoyed the spinach (but I eat spinache anyway :rolleyes1 ).

Dang - - now I'm CRAVING that dish!

Tracie

We've always had great meals at the Zoo. I'll never forget the time they were out of Lavosh. I said something to the server about missing it. Near the end of our meal, some came fresh from the oven & he brought us a whole basket of it & packed us up some for our trip home. All because I said I really like the Lavosh. :thumbsup2 We are always pampered like that when we go.

TigerKat - my DH has gotten the Lobster Cantonese 3 or 4 times so far. He just goes crazy for it, talks about it for monthes. I'm a New England Lobster gal, so it's not my thing. But every time he gets it, I have a couple bites. It's always perfectly cooked. Very, very rich. IMHO, it's more than enough for 2 people to split.

W

TigerKat - my DH has gotten the Lobster Cantonese 3 or 4 times so far. He just goes crazy for it, talks about it for monthes. I'm a New England Lobster gal, so it's not my thing. But every time he gets it, I have a couple bites. It's always perfectly cooked. Very, very rich. IMHO, it's more than enough for 2 people to split.

Thanks Leota, it sounds amazing!:love:

Enjoyed the review!! Blue Zoo is one of our favotite spots. IF the right group of conventioneers is at the Swan/Dolphin, it can be packed. Other times, hardly a soul. Two trips ago there was a computer software convention at the hotels--the Zoo was completely full, the private room in the back was jammed with people and it was loud as well. Last trip there were but a few couples in the place.
Hate to say so Pirate but I actually like that spinach that comes with the Sea Bass--

That sea bass is excellent...I've had it a few times. They also have some very good specialty martini drinks. The only thing that keeps us from going more often is no DDE accepted.

Anyone tried the shellfish selection platter? If so, would it be a good selection for an entree or for two to split as an appetizer?

I had it and it was fantastic!

lobster.jpg

OMG, how did I miss this post??? That looks amazing!!!!!:love:

Hate to say so Pirate but I actually like that spinach that comes with the Sea Bass--

That's OK Uncle, I'm admitttedly no spinach eater and as I said both my daughter and I thought it tasted quite good but the presentation and (for me) texture was just 'too much' ... But in no way should my lack of approval for this item be construed a negative, there was nothing "wrong"' with it, it's just my personal taste.
pirate:

Understood.
Actually it's the sesame dressing they use that gives their spinach the flavor I like.

OMG, how did I miss this post??? That looks amazing!!!!!:love:

It was outstanding. I tend to be a lobster purist so I wasn't sure how much I'd like this. Of course it's lobster so I knew I'd like it but I was amazed at how great it was done this way.

It was outstanding. I tend to be a lobster purist so I wasn't sure how much I'd like this. Of course it's lobster so I knew I'd like it but I was amazed at how great it was done this way.

I'm happy to hear this. I've been wanting to try this but I've been nervous. It looks great...Mmmmmm, maybe tonight.

Whenever we are at the vacinity of BlueZoo, we always peek in and hardly a soul....this gave us a feeling of either, too expensive, or not so good. Think we will give it a shot this time around. Also, it seems such an intimate place for two to eat, and were were hesitant if our family with three kids would be ok there :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter