• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue's Road Trip - Voyage Down The Sassagoula River - pg. 184

blue_river

<font color=coral>I do believe in fairies!<br><fon
GAT out of the way, Canadians coming through!!

For those of you who have followed me during my planning process – Welcome Back!
And a big welcome to any newcomers or lurkers!

1a6e7295.gif

If anyone is interested in the jibber jabber of our pre-planning you can read it here in my pre-trip report:

Although I can’t imagine why you’d want to read through 30 something pages of NOTHINGNESS and look at pictures of tires and stuff – just sayin :rolleyes1

b45a9f7a.jpg

Trip Report Links

Jibber Jabber

Introduction
Our Special Plans
Richard Petty Driving Experience
Pictures - Ranchero & Grendade Launcher
Stitch's Great Escape
We've Arrived!!! - Stitch Misbehaving Already
Back Home :-(

---------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Trip Chapters

Chapter #1 (part a) Driving My Travel Agent Crazy
Chapter #1 (part b) We're Staying at a Moderate
Chapter #2 Dinner With The Grandparents

Day One

Chapter #3 On Our Way For Reals
Chapter #4 The Terminator
Chapter #5 Feeling Like Rednecks
Chapter #6 Half Way There!

Day Two

Chapter #7 Three Shopping Stops
Videos Goofing Around on The Way
Chapter #8 A Night By The Ocean

Day Three

Chapter #9 The Morning of Arrival
Chapter #10 Building #26
Chapter #11 The Resort: Do They Love It Like I Do?
Chapter #12 The Canadian Ponchos
Chapter #14 The CM Cat Fight
Chapter #15 Tree Frogs - Yes, Spiders - No

Day Four

Chapter #16 DH's Richard Petty Experience - Part A
Chapter #16 Richard Petty Experience - Part B
Chapter #16 Richard Petty Experience - Part B Continued
Chapter #17 A Carriage Ride Around POR

Day Five

Chapter #18 Mission Rope Drop
Chapter #19 Signature T-Shirts
Chapter #20 A Ride To Remember
Chapter #21 The Kiss
Chapter #22 A Little Romance Goes A Long Way
Chapter #22 Continued
Chapter #23 Drenched Canadians Without Ponchos
Chapter #24 The Hidden Mickey Pins

Day Six

Chapter #25 A Peaceful Morning at the Resort
Chapter #26 Voyage Down The Sassagoula River
Chapter #26 Continued

b45a9f7a.jpg

INTRODUCTION

Last year at this time, if you had asked me about returning to WDW for a second year in a row, I’d have laughed in your face. I would never have imagined that I’d be able to convince DH to agree on returning to Walt Disney World so soon. Yet somehow, I find myself trying to talk him into taking us next year as well. That part remains to be seen.

The important thing is, he did consent and we’ll be on our way in just a few short days!!!! The big difference being, we’re not flying this year. DH never complained about our flight last summer but I’m guessing it obviously wasn’t an experience he’d like to relive which is why we’re driving. Yes…driving. From Ontario, Canada. Twenty-four hours in the car people. :eek:

At first I thought it was the cost of the flight for the four of us that bothered him but after checking into it and learning that we could fly from Rochester, NY for almost the same cost as driving, I was still unable to convince him.

I didn’t press the issue because frankly, I was so excited he accepted my idea of returning this summer!!!! :cheer2: :yay: :cheer2:

How do you entertain two teen daughters for 24 hours in a car and prevent them from fighting? :confused3 If you have the answer to that, please share the knowledge.

We will be leaving on August 22, after DH makes a quick appearance at work (enough time to pick up his pay check in other words). I’ve made no advance reservations for hotels on the way down (or back). Who knows where we’ll end up? Probably some truckers stop full of lot lizards. :scared:

We hope to arrive in Cocoa Beach on the evening of the 23rd and stay for one night. Then on the 24th we are going to spend the day at the beach before heading to our resort at WDW where we’ll be staying for nine glorious nights! :woohoo:

I’m now going to give you a quick, shortened version of the cast (if you prefer the longer version, please refer to my PTR):

Blue: That’s me! The DIS-addicted writer of this trip report.

Grumpy: My DH. Smart, sexy, charming, brilliant, special, loving, perfect, sweet, wonderful, darling man (As you can see, I’m laying it on thick here. That’s part of my plan to butter him up for next years trip)

JoJo: DD16 – The chatterbox who you can’t help but love.

Goofy: DD13 – My hot-tempered redhead with a heart of gold.

aa1f7939.jpg

I see no point in telling you all the wonderful details about the cast because really…it’s not as if I’m going to write anything nasty or something and I don’t want to repeat too much of what has already been written previously.

Like I said, we’re leaving next week and I hope to post a few live installments during our trip this time around. :3dglasses

Stay tuned for the next installment where I will mention some of the special plans I have made for our trip. *cough* Lisa *cough*

A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust, and a hearty 'Hi-yo Silver! Blues on her way again.....

Well almost on her way.

Can't wait Blue

I'm IN! I need some Disney fix since our trip is so far away!!! Have an awesome time and GOOD LUCK with the driving!

I'm first! I'm first! Woo-hoo, Woo-hoo, I'm first!! :cool1:

Let the road trip begin!!

Kathy

MSN-Emoticon-028.gif

Flowers for you, for being the first. So glad to see you here :hug:

Goofster said:
A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust, and a hearty 'Hi-yo Silver! Blues on her way again.....

Well almost on her way.

Can't wait Blue

I'd give you flowers also Goofster but I'm thinking you'd prefer something else, like a beer perhaps?
drinking-17.gif

Thanks for jumping on board also, ya big lug :goodvibes

If anyone is interested in the jibber jabber of our pre-planning you can read it here in my pre-trip report:

Although I can’t imagine why you’d want to read through 30 something pages of NOTHINGNESS and look at pictures of tires and stuff – just sayin :rolleyes1
Um, this is what I said to you in the past and got slapped down for it! But now that the real thing is actually here (or soon will be), I'll be following you with baited breath!

-- Rob

How do you entertain two teen daughters for 24 hours in a car and prevent them from fighting? :confused3 If you have the answer to that, please share the knowledge.
I believe I suggested duct tape, hand cuffs, earplugs..........

Probably some truckers stop full of lot lizards. :scared:
NOW, I know the girls have a fascination with lizards, but do not, I repeat DO NOT let them bring one of those home. Don't even let them look!

I'm IN! I need some Disney fix since our trip is so far away!!! Have an awesome time and GOOD LUCK with the driving!

Thanks Kat!!!

You don't have that long - 5 months will go by very quickly :yay:

LBelle said:
Yes, yes...you MAY be first BUT I am MENTIONED!!!!!!!

Some more mentioning will be posted today :rolleyes:

Dreamer said:
I'm here! Great start Blue, can't wait for you guys to go and then get back so we can hear all about it.

So wonderful to see you here :flower3:

Even if you're only "half" Canadian ;)

Rob said:
Um, this is what I said to you in the past and got slapped down for it! But now that the real thing is actually here (or soon will be), I'll be following you with baited breath!

That's more like it! :upsidedow

ILMICKEY said:
I believe I suggested duct tape, hand cuffs, earplugs..........

Don't get Goofster started again :sad2:

ILMICKEY said:
NOW, I know the girls have a fascination with lizards, but do not, I repeat DO NOT let them bring one of those home. Don't even let them look!

:rotfl:

I wondered who would pick up on that!!!! Just kinda surprised it came from you :rolleyes1

Great to have you back :goodvibes

:confused3 .....:rotfl2:

I thought about it but decided I would wait until page two so it appeared to be a “Normal Trip Report” before the gremlins started showing up

Just kidding I will be on my best behavior………:)

:rotfl:

Gremlins are soooo cute though (for the most part) :rolleyes1

Goofster said:
OH LOOK Page Two.......:banana:

Talkin' bout bananas.....where is my favourite banana man? :scratchin

I'm beginning to think he doesn't want to play with me anymore :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter