Blue Skies and Sunshine - from Pregnant to (Princess) Half Marathon 2023

You'll definitely get some energy back during the last month or so when the nesting phase starts. Like @Herding_Cats, I quit working out at 20 weeks or so with both of mine so you're killing it in my book.

I think my problem is that I don’t really feel like I’m “working out” if that makes sense, because I quit running so early and I gave up cycling like a month ago, the strength training and yoga just don’t mentally make me feel like I’ve done much. Which I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not lol

But I am hopeful for that little bit of extra energy to get a couple last things done around the house!

I think my problem is that I don’t really feel like I’m “working out” if that makes sense, because I quit running so early and I gave up cycling like a month ago, the strength training and yoga just don’t mentally make me feel like I’ve done much.

Anything is better than sitting around doing nothing.

March 8 - 14, 2021
I don't know if my saying last week that I was tired caused me to be more exhausted, or whether I just was, but I tried to practice self-kindness again this week and not push myself/let myself rest when I felt I needed it. Which meant that I didn't have a particularly exciting week:

Monday - 2km walk
Tuesday - strength training + 20 minutes of yoga
Wednesday - rest*
Thursday - rest*
Friday - 40 minutes of yoga
Saturday - 2km walk + strength training
Sunday - 20 minutes of yoga

*As much as I say I "rested" Wednesday/Thursday, it was absolutely gorgeous outside so we took the long-walk for the dog, both days (twice on Thursday!). I don't use my GPS when walking the dog (I really should at least map it out, because I'm kind of curious how long it is), but this was actually really draining and some of the most walking I've done in a while, even when I compare to days with two short walks + a treadmill walk.

I really appreciate everyone's comments about their pregnancies too, knowing that I'm not alone in feeling this way. I don't know if it's because my fitness journey is still so new to me, or if it's because I always have a bit of a tendency to be hard on myself, but it is nice to have a reminder that I can take a break and that I probably should. You're all too kind, so thank you.

March 15 - 21, 2021
Overall a good week. Felt better than the previous two weeks at least. Today is a different story, I'm super emotional, and it's because it's bright and sunny and warm! I just wish I could be doing more to enjoy the weather, I'm envious of my husband going for long runs on the weekend. I'm tired of being cooped up in the house, and frustrated with the number of neighbours who had guests over this weekend, clearly ignoring the local rules against gatherings. Like I want to see people too, but I want the world to be safe more, why can you not follow simple instructions??

Monday - 2km walk (in lieu of morning walk because of ice) + strength training
Tuesday - 1.6km walk + yoga
Wednesday - 2km walk
Thursday - 2km walk
Friday - rest
Saturday - rest - but beautiful weather so two long walks with the dog
Sunday - prenatal yoga DVD + two long walks with the dog

After last week I was curious about the long walks, so according to MapMyRun, it's about 3km. I'm pleased with myself for getting those in for sure.

I'm kind of hoping that we get our next cold spell really soon, because it made me feel better about not being able to get out for runs or just "out" in general. There's something about the cold that you don't feel bad curling up on the couch with a book or a movie. The sun and warmth are just taunting me right now.

March 22 - 28, 2021
Not what I was planning or expecting for the week, but I kind of "embraced the lazy". I probably should've done a bit more yoga because I'm sore from doing nothing, but with (hopefully) less than a month until Little One arrives, that's not unexpected.
We did have decent weather most of the week - it's been an unusually early Spring here - no guarantees it stays though! So several long walks with the dog that I didn't keep track of.

Monday - rest
Tuesday - Strength Training
Wednesday - Yoga (20 minutes)
Thursday - rest
Friday - rest
Saturday - rest
Sunday - rest

Like I said, a lazy week. Goal for this week is to aim for 4 days of 20+ minutes of yoga, just to try and manage some of this soreness.

That last month can be soooooo uncomfortable. Do what you can and don't sweat it if you have days where you embrace what we like to call the "serious sloth" and just relax.

That last month can be soooooo uncomfortable. Do what you can and don't sweat it if you have days where you embrace what we like to call the "serious sloth" and just relax.

I was oddly proud of myself for being a sloth this week. It is difficult to accept it when the natural response is to feel guilty for doing nothing, but somehow I think I’ve finally accepted it!

March 29 - April 4, 2021
Late on the update because of Easter (I got the Monday off too). Another lazy week, but I met my goal of yoga four times!

Monday - rest
Tuesday - 20 minutes of yoga
Wednesday- rest
Thursday - Strength Training + 20 minutes of yoga
Friday - rest
Saturday - 20 minutes of yoga
Sunday - prenatal yoga DVD

Yoga goal was good and I want to try it again for this week. I think it really helped with some of my “discomfort” (for lack of a better word) and it mentally helps that I did something. Forecast looks gorgeous this week, so several long walks are in the plans for sure!

April 5 - 11, 2021
Another gorgeous week with lots of long walks! I’m so stunned that we’re having such a warm and beautiful early spring, this is just so unusual. Last year we were still having lots of snow at this point (NOT that I’m complaining!!!!)

Monday - rest
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - 25 minutes of yoga
Thursday - rest
Friday - strength training + 15 minutes of yoga
Saturday - 30 minutes of yoga
Sunday - rest

I did spend some time (15-ish minutes) on the yoga ball most days, just in front of the tv, even if I did nothing else. My hips are quite sore these days and that seems to help a bit.

the yoga ball is the best (also great post-partum ;) ) I know a lot of mamas that have spent many hours gently bouncing their babies while sitting on a yoga ball.

April 12 - 18, 2021
More of the same... I sound like a broken record! But we're in the home stretch now. I'm off work, just waiting. And we're still having a fantastic early spring, so lots and lots of long walks.

Monday - rest
Tuesday - 15 minutes of yoga
Wednesday - 20 minutes of yoga
Thursday - 20 minutes of yoga
Friday - rest
Saturday - rest
Sunday - rest

Hospital bags are all packed, baby clothes are all washed, and I'm not really sure what to do with myself :confused3

Postpartum recovery is tough! Every day I think I get a bit stronger/back to “normal” and then I throw out my back by sitting down somehow?!?

Been able to take little missy* out for a few walks, actually managed the ”long” 3km walk with her in the stroller, so I was super happy about that. And then yesterday I spent the day on the couch with the heating pad. Today seems better so hoping it was just a minor setback.

Really trying to practice self-kindness and tell myself it’s only been three weeks, there is no reason I should be back to normal yet or even back to what I was doing at 38 weeks pregnant. But it’s gorgeous outside and I’m eager to spend more time walking and I cannot wait to try running again - I have promised myself not to start too soon though.

More updates to follow. Hoping to start creating some routines or consistency soon

* also still trying to decide what to call little miss on here. Suggestions welcome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter