Blue Bayou to begin selling alcohol

I'm classified as a heavy drinker. I'm opposed to this..... ish. I don't want DL to become DCA. I think BB is fine, but I still don't like Olga's.

Oga’s is one of my favorite places! There is plenty of age appropriate knockout Star Wars things there so having one for adults isn’t taking away anything. It is themed fantastic, the drinks are pretty dang good, the music fits with Star Wars so well, the staff have been excellent (perfectly fit their characters but also still very customer focused). It’s just been so much fun.... and probably great for Disney. I easily dropped $100 there by visiting once a day almost every day of my week long trip. I don’t consider one drink a day an issue, especially since I hardly drink outside vacations, but it was so much fun solo or with my friends.

I think it will be nice to have a glass of wine with dinner.

People that overindulge already have plenty of opportunity to do that in DCA or Downtown Disney, and then they can just walk into Disneyland. I don't see how having alcoholic beverages at a table service restaurant is going to significantly increase that. The ubiquitous Disney security is capable of handling any issues that arise.

In years past I would have said “no way!” I think it would enrich the experience in BB to be able to have a special cocktail or a nice glass of wine. I am against having alcohol in the rest of the park.

In years past I would have said “no way!” I think it would enrich the experience in BB to be able to have a special cocktail or a nice glass of wine. I am against having alcohol in the rest of the park.
This pretty much expresses how I feel as well.

The ubiquitous Disney security is capable of handling any issues that arise.

Except when it's in ToonTown in 2019.
Or in front of Tower of Terror in 2012.

Overall I they do a decent job, it's just these incidents that stick out.

This will make it that much harder to get into Blue Bayou. Remember the Cove Bar at DCA? A perpetual hour-long line to get in every moment of the day. For what? Lobster nachos??? Please. People who want alcohol will go get alcohol at the nearest spot.

Hypothetical: This is the first step for BB and the area. The demand will grow so much, they'll need to start putting real liquor into the Mint Juleps one street over. Then we'll see that line get forever long and the Mickey beignets eliminated. Then they'll have to start carding people to eat at the French Market.... Yeah, I don't see the end result going well for the average family consumer. For Disney? Yeah, the alcohol profits will be huge. If I thought for a moment that would help drop ticket prices, I'd be all for it. But it's a cash grab. That's all.

This will make it that much harder to get into Blue Bayou. Remember the Cove Bar at DCA? A perpetual hour-long line to get in every moment of the day. For what? Lobster nachos??? Please. People who want alcohol will go get alcohol at the nearest spot.

Hypothetical: This is the first step for BB and the area. The demand will grow so much, they'll need to start putting real liquor into the Mint Juleps one street over. Then we'll see that line get forever long and the Mickey beignets eliminated. Then they'll have to start carding people to eat at the French Market.... Yeah, I don't see the end result going well for the average family consumer. For Disney? Yeah, the alcohol profits will be huge. If I thought for a moment that would help drop ticket prices, I'd be all for it. But it's a cash grab. That's all.

That doesn't make too much sense though - the Cove Bar is just one of many establishments in DCA that serve liquor, it's not like the long lines were because Cove started serving liquor in an otherwise 'dry' park. It became a popular place because of the location and the food/drinks served. A small change to a menu generates long lines and increased interest, especially by the local visitors who are hungry (pun intended) for any changes to restaurants or menus. A similar thing happened to Alfresco's tasting terrace which used to be a quiet little spot but when word got out long lines abounded, which were made worse once it became exclusive to AP holders. As for what may happen in the rest of the Park, let's not get hung up about whatifs.

Keeping alcohol sales to sit-down restaurants and limiting it to 2 drinks p.p. seems like a sensible, measured approach. I don't want it to spread to walking around with plastic cups etc like in DCA and I'm a big fan of adult beverages, especially on vacation.

That doesn't make too much sense though - the Cove Bar is just one of many establishments in DCA that serve liquor, it's not like the long lines were because Cove started serving liquor in an otherwise 'dry' park. It became a popular place because of the location and the food/drinks served. A small change to a menu generates long lines and increased interest, especially by the local visitors who are hungry (pun intended) for any changes to restaurants or menus. A similar thing happened to Alfresco's tasting terrace which used to be a quiet little spot but when word got out long lines abounded, which were made worse once it became exclusive to AP holders. As for what may happen in the rest of the Park, let's not get hung up about whatifs.

Keeping alcohol sales to sit-down restaurants and limiting it to 2 drinks p.p. seems like a sensible, measured approach. I don't want it to spread to walking around with plastic cups etc like in DCA and I'm a big fan of adult beverages, especially on vacation.

The popularity of Cove Bar is directly related to the secret drink menu and Instagram.

Have you ever had a Fun Wheel? One of those will mess you up. Two will have you stumbing around the parks afterwards.
I did but it wasn't super buzzy to my recollection. But its okay I had an old fashioned at the Cathay Circle Lounge after :p

I did but it wasn't super buzzy to my recollection. But its okay I had an old fashioned at the Cathay Circle Lounge after :p

My recent favorite from Lamplight is the mimosa sampler at brunch. Holy cow...they give you like 4 FULL glasses of champagne with just a hint of juice. My friend and I had that and then rode Incredicoaster and it was...an experience. LOL.

I've been thinking about this for a few days. Im fine with it. many times DH and I have gone to LLL or Carthay and had cocktails and dinner. I don't think it's a big deal. Honestly, the people who want to get trashed at the DLR resort are already doing it. Will I be drinking a hurricane at BB? Probably not. I'm just not keen on high priced novelty cocktails. But, maybe a glass of wine would be nice.

Frankly, I'm ready for alcohol all over Disneyland. It has yet to be a serious issue over at DCA and it's been 20 years. Make that money, Disney!

Agreed, in part, as I wouldn't want alcohol sold outside of the restaurants in DL. Would hate to see beers getting spilled on little kids in fantasy land on crowded days as people move through there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter