• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayou Fantasmic Questions

What was in place of the gumbo? I want the jambalaya for my entree, hopefully that is there.

I can’t rmember, I actually think nothing replaced it. It was salad or an upgrade to a premium starter. Could be wrong tho. For what it’s worth they still brought me gumbo because I asked.

The jambalaya was there.

I can’t rmember, I actually think nothing replaced it. It was salad or an upgrade to a premium starter. Could be wrong tho. For what it’s worth they still brought me gumbo because I asked.

The jambalaya was there.
I hope they change it again till December...or that is just kind of a “mistake” of some sorts or whatever...
I am not going to do a lunch package if I can “just” get a salad... (and I don’t wanna rely on pixie dust for a gumbo option...)
I already have a hard time justifying the lunch package so I don’t know if I can do dinner which is even more expensive... :guilty:
I’ll keep my fingers crossed and hope for some pre trip pixie dust...

The jambalaya was there.
I hope they change it again till December...or that is just kind of a “mistake” of some sorts or whatever...
I am not going to do a lunch package if I can “just” get a salad... (and I don’t wanna rely on pixie dust for a gumbo option...)
I already have a hard time justifying the lunch package so I don’t know if I can do dinner which is even more expensive... :guilty:
I’ll keep my fingers crossed and hope for some pre trip pixie dust...
I'm going to see if they do the whole pixie dust thing when I go next week for the gumbo. I'll even ask if I pay extra for it, if they will let me have it. I'm willing to pay extra for it. My friend who I am going with is very health conscious, so I was trying to find an accurate menu for her so she knows what food options are available. She said she eats seafood and fish so thankfully those seem like they are around.

For lunch, my favorite is the monte cristo. I know you can get it at Cafe Orleans, but when I'm at BB, that's my go-to. The gumbo is pretty good, though- as is the lamb. I'm a sucker for a good rack of lamb. Just give me the creme brulee, and I'm happy!

Anyway, I digress: I have a question I'm sure I could find the answer to elsewhere, but it would take me a lot of digging. If you get the Fantasmic lunch package, can you go to the later showing, or are you stuck with the first show?

For lunch, my favorite is the monte cristo. I know you can get it at Cafe Orleans, but when I'm at BB, that's my go-to. The gumbo is pretty good, though- as is the lamb. I'm a sucker for a good rack of lamb. Just give me the creme brulee, and I'm happy!

Anyway, I digress: I have a question I'm sure I could find the answer to elsewhere, but it would take me a lot of digging. If you get the Fantasmic lunch package, can you go to the later showing, or are you stuck with the first show?
The first half of lunch is the 1st showing and the 2nd half- I think staring around 130-2 is the later showing.

I had a 1.30pm reservation on Tuesday 2 July and I got the second show. I checked in with the host at 1.15pm and requested a waterside table. I was brought to my table at 1.30pm, my original reservation time. All the waterside tables are 4 top, so if you are a party of 4 or less you will have a shorter wait time, as for parties of 5 or more, they have to wait for 2 tables near each other to clear. This is the lunch menu and photos of my food

fantasmic lunch menu.jpg

bread.jpg

Bread service

house salad.jpg

House Salad, I asked for Ranch Dressing instead of Blue Cheese Crumbles

monte cristo.jpg

Monte Cristo - Turkey, ham and cheese sandwich, deep fried in batter

sorcer mickey.jpg

Sorcerer Mickey desert

Wanted to give an update: We LOVED the Blue Bayou package!! We had an amazing time. Our reservation was at 12:40, and we checked in a little after 12 to requesrt a waterside table. They delivered and we got seated near the water at 12:35 yay! We loved everything we ate, and service was great as well. No issues there. I def think it was worth the money. The only hard part I found is if you don't eat a lot, you will waste your food. I only finished the gumbo (which was offered as the seasonal soup), but couldn't finish the Jambalaya and Creme Brulee.

Did I see correctly on the menu pic that there is a MSEP add on to the Fantasmic package????!

I have a Fantasmic package booked, but it's for the second show, so I'm thinking that would conflict! I booked online and didn't have a choice of which Fantasmic showing (or I missed it).

Wanted to give an update: We LOVED the Blue Bayou package!! We had an amazing time...
So glad you both enjoyed it! We love the BB F! package -- especially when we get to take friends who've never dined in the bayou before. :) Sometimes, when we really don't want to waste any food or carry around any leftovers, we'll ask our server about sharing one meal, but paying for two. It's expensive, but sometimes worth the convenience. When we're with friends, often they'll eat the extra food; but when it's just the two of us without anywhere to safely store the leftovers, sharing and paying extra can be easier sometimes.

Last edited:
I had the same questions about timing - I ended up booking three reservations because I'm an insane person, and settled on 4:40 PM so I can have the dinner menu, settle into my spot for the first show early (as opposed to a rushed 7:30 seating), and stay put to enjoy the fireworks...hopefully, if all goes according to plan :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter