BLT vs DRR

Ok, so here’s another concern of mine...

mid I was to make an offer in a resale VGF, it will take a while to hear back from Disney about ROFR. By that time, my window of opportunity for purchasing RR with the incentives is gone. For example, I putan offer in 150 VGF points last night for $156pp. It’s a different use year, but that doesn’t bother me too much. But even if the person accepts today, Disney is backlogged and will drag their feet with letting it go or exercising ROFR. If the exercise, in **** out of luck on the RR incentives. Thoughts on that?

mid I was to make an offer in a resale VGF, it will take a while to hear back from Disney about ROFR. By that time, my window of opportunity for purchasing RR with the incentives is gone. For example, I putan offer in 150 VGF points last night for $156pp. It’s a different use year, but that doesn’t bother me too much. But even if the person accepts today, Disney is backlogged and will drag their feet with letting it go or exercising ROFR. If the exercise, in **** out of luck on the RR incentives. Thoughts on that?
I wouldn’t worry about that too much. A lot of people here seem to agree that Disney will replace the current incentives with a similar incentive.

No one knows for sure, but since the current incentives are the best yet (even better than during construction which is rare, if not unheard of!)... I would think good incentives will be around for awhile.

& good luck with your VGF bid!!!

point required for one week per season relative to RVA, 2020

I have looked at VGF at times for possibly buying and one thing that you need to account for though is that they actually have more Standard than Lake views in the resort. While a place like RIV and BWV have like 20% standard you have VGF with like 70% of the rooms.

VGF should be the most expensive place on site even though I like other resorts more from my personal view.

Last edited:

I don't imagine incentives will be terrible but you could always put a deposit down a few days before the incentives change and if they are better in Sept, the guides can apply the new incentives: if they are worse, you got a good deal. Riviera pricing is looking very attractive right now.

Congrats on the offer for VGF. You're right, it's a lengthy process right now. I recently added on and it feels like it drags. VGF is a good price resale too now though.

RR has a really high point chart which I tend to shy away from and the MF's are going to be high. But the extra years will be nice for your family. but if you want to be closer to MK I would purchase either BLT, GF or CCV.

It’s a gamble to miss the current incentives on RIV, but if I had to put money on it, I’d say incentives are going to get better, not get worse or go away. WDW has a massive decrease in foot traffic right now, and I don’t see that changing until Covid is under control. Foot traffic in the parks and resorts is what drives their direct sales.

annual dues high in the future?

Bring this up literally every time but your chart shows that resorts are high stay high in comparison.

You can see OKW stays dramatically lower than BWV and while BWV has slowly been coming down it really hasn't its just the percentage has been changing with higher cost resorts.

You will notice VGF doesn't "drop" it just happens POLY joined to make it look like it dropped. Followed by more recently RIV joining making it look like VGF/POLY get cheaper. Those below average OKW/SSR had a increase likely based on CM pay increases impacting those resorts more being stand alone DVC.

Really the only outliers are in negative fashion of BLT/BRV spiking after CCV joined (maybe has to do with transportation, not sure).

Nothing in your data shows to me that RIV will catch any other resort in the long run that already exists. I agree MFs might be more though on future resorts. (Exception CCV but that is a single wing of a hotel and caught up to everyone by year 3 and then follows in line.

EDIT: To be clear talking about the point chart adjusted chart as RAW I had not come across from you posting before. It does look like it has the same visual flaw which makes it seem like resorts are moving much more than they are its just new resorts joining that readjust the %.

Last edited:
If you buy 150 Bay Lake Tower points, you’ll probably pay closer to $135 to $140.

We own BLT, VGF and RIV. We have our own reasons for hanging on to all 3 resorts, and VGF and RIV are almost tied for favorite resort right now, with a slight edge to VGF.

We were making the same decision re: adding on more BLT points or buying RIV. All our prior points were unrestricted and we already had blue card benefits. Since you will still have blue card benefits for quite a long time, I wouldn't worry about keeping blue card benefits past 2057 right now. It probably boils down to whether you want your guaranteed near-park resort to be at EP/HS or MK. We bought BLT first, and then VGF, because my kids' favorite park, hands-down, has been MK *for years,* even though my DD8's favorite rides are at HS and AK now (ROTR, MF: SR, FOP).

Actually, that’s not a bad idea. We love GF...never stayed there, but I’m sure we would love it. Especially with the new walkway and monorail. I guess I’ve let it get to my head because it’s so expensive, but comparatively, not really more than what I’m looking at.

I was to make an offer in a resale VGF, it will take a while to hear back from Disney about ROFR. By that time, my window of opportunity for purchasing RR with the incentives is gone. For example, I put an offer in 150 VGF points last night for $156pp. It’s a different use year, but that doesn’t bother me too much. But even if the person accepts today, Disney is backlogged and will drag their feet with letting it go or exercising ROFR. If the exercise, in **** out of luck on the RR incentives. Thoughts on that?
@RoseGold makes a good point here about VGF.

I think the RR incentives will be around for a while, so you can wait and pounce on the resale contract you really want. With kids as young as yours are, it is invaluable to be "guaranteed" a room so close to MK. Back when I bought in 2017/2018 I consistently felt like BLT was undervalued, so it made sense for our first contract to be at BLT. Since then, I think the "market" has come to value BLT more and the gap between VGF and BLT has narrowed.

But once we had a DVC contract in hand, we had the luxury of waiting to see what would be good for more points - and we decided our BLT points would be "sleep around" points and what resort did we really, really want assured access to? VGF - which was small enough to be hard-ish to get in a studio at any time of year.

Buy RR or VGF or BLT if you really want to be sure you can get it at high-demand times, but otherwise, I think your OKW points would be fine for the time being.

*also - if you get BLT, I would get enough points to stay in a 1BR - I have now stayed in all sizes (except the GV) at BLT and while staying in a studio there is better than not going at all, I would pony up the extra points (or shorten my trip) not to have the sofa bed pulled out in the small-ish studio.

ETA: when we first bought, we were looking at BLT, BCV and BWV. I had set threshold prices in my head for the contracts at each resort, and the first one that "hit" (offer accepted) turned out to be BLT.

Well, my offer was accepted for VGF. Now I’m just scared that Disney will ROFR it. It’s a fair price (at least I think so) $156 for 150 points. Really hoping it will go through.

I am concerned about RR incentives disappearing, but I can‘t see how they would do away with them for good. I mean, the advisor I spoke to said that RR was only 21% sold, so they need to entice people to buy.

Havent signed paperwork yet, scared about losing RR incentives. It would suck losing blue card benefits for those last 7 years, but I could always buy something else in the future direct. Right now, VGF seems like it would suit my needs better than BLT. Ugh, why so many freaking choices Disney?!?! Life was simpler when you had to choose between OKW and OKW

You won't regret that choice--VGF is amazing!

Reading the entire thread, I feel you found your perfect 2nd resort! Congrats!

Well, my offer was accepted for VGF. Now I’m just scared that Disney will ROFR it. It’s a fair price (at least I think so) $156 for 150 points. Really hoping it will go through.

Congrats! That's about the same as mine, and mine just passed last week.

I am concerned about RR incentives disappearing, but I can‘t see how they would do away with them for good. I mean, the advisor I spoke to said that RR was only 21% sold, so they need to entice people to buy.

Havent signed paperwork yet, scared about losing RR incentives. It would suck losing blue card benefits for those last 7 years, but I could always buy something else in the future direct. Right now, VGF seems like it would suit my needs better than BLT. Ugh, why so many freaking choices Disney?!?! Life was simpler when you had to choose between OKW and OKW

So, I like Riviera and VGF and so I bought both. Now I dont have to worry about dilemmas anymore :D

Thank you for all the information everyone! My indecisiveness can be haunting sometimes and I’m so happy I found a place to bounce ideas off of others with more experience than me. I have a tad more research to do before I sign the paperwork, but I’m 99% sure I’m sending signed paperwork back tomorrow.

Our contact ended up going over to Disney on 8/25 and we found out it passed yesterday! So excited to have a home resort so close to MK! Can’t wait to stay there and hopefully be able to use the new walkway!

I’m so happy I posted in this thread and that Rose Gold gave me the VGF suggestion. Frankly, I would’ve never looked into it otherwise because in my head it was just too expensive. But, I got VGF for $14 less per point than I would’ve gotten Riviera (150 pts for $156pp). Don’t get me wrong, I would’ve LOVED Riviera or BLT, but I’m psyched to be at VGF. I think it just makes more sense for me right now with a 7 month old and 3 year old. Thank you again to everyone who helped me think through this purchase!

I think that’s a great choice-and if you need to sell, VGF will be better for that, too.

I assume that the restrictions on resale will only increase over time. There will always be a demand for BLT with walk to Magic Kingdom. I think there is more people that wouldn't mind being "stuck" with only BLT if that ever happens. Hence, the resale value will be least effective. I bought BLT at 99 and sold out at 130's as my son grew up and we switched to travel hockey. So, life events will alter plans. Now, looking to buy back in and will probably buy direct for at least some of the points. At 230 it's nuts...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter