BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Ya, parking lot view is also more acceptable on higher floors but there is 1 floor difference there between MK view and standard on those lower floors. I think dropping the extra points for the nicer views and possibly ending up with a dumpster / lake view would annoy me lol.
I consider the Lake View category to be the "higher floor" and the "7-month tax." It seems like the extra points for the lake view keep some rooms available for later booking. If I can book a standard view, I will (and my next two trips are in standard views). I guess there's a risk of "dumpster view," but those are also the "partial theme park view for standard points" rooms.

I consider the Lake View category to be the "higher floor" and the "7-month tax." It seems like the extra points for the lake view keep some rooms available for later booking. If I can book a standard view, I will (and my next two trips are in standard views). I guess there's a risk of "dumpster view," but those are also the "partial theme park view for standard points" rooms.
For standard view, do you prefer full on parking lot/monorail/MK view or those partial lake/theme park/dumpster views? I feel the shuffleboard court view would be last on my list.

For standard view, do you prefer full on parking lot/monorail/MK view or those partial lake/theme park/dumpster views? I feel the shuffleboard court view would be last on my list.
Honestly, I don't put in any requests. I take what they give me and make the best of it. I've never really had any reason to complain.

For standard view, I prefer to just be on the first floor at that point. No wait for elevators for the pool or walk to MK.
Does the balcony door double as an entrance door to your room, so you can lock it when leaving? Or do you go through the hallways to the main entrance? Apologies if this is a silly question, never been to any of the DVC Resorts (yet).

Does the balcony door double as an entrance door to your room, so you can lock it when leaving? Or do you go through the hallways to the main entrance? Apologies if this is a silly question, never been to any of the DVC Resorts (yet).
This question has me quite perplexed.

This question has me quite perplexed.
I think they’re asking whether the sliders that open to the ground floor patio (“balcony”) can be locked and then unlocked from outside and thereby used as an additional entry to the villa.

The answer is no, they don’t lock from the outside.

I think they’re asking whether the sliders that open to the ground floor patio (“balcony”) can be locked and then unlocked from outside and thereby used as an additional entry to the villa.

I agree it makes sense if they meant first floor patio specifically. I've seen that question asked about other resorts as well. As asked, it brought a strange image to mind.

I agree it makes sense if they meant first floor patio specifically. I've seen that question asked about other resorts as well. As asked, it brought a strange image to mind.
Since they were replying to someone talking about staying on the ground floor, I figured they meant patio as opposed to upper-floor balcony.

Yes, that was my question, all clear now. Thanks.

Do BLT studios have K-cup coffee makers? Haven't been in a couple of years and wonder if they have made the switch yet.

Do BLT studios have K-cup coffee makers? Haven't been in a couple of years and wonder if they have made the switch yet.

Just back from a week in a BLT 1 bedroom and it had the regular coffeemaker. I can’t say for the studios. BLT full refurbishment is on the list for 2024 so they may be waiting to do everything at once.

Our studio still had the regular coffee maker at the end of February. Perhaps after the refurb (2024??) we’ll get the new machines.

Hi All, my wife 1 year old and a friend are all staying in December. This will be our first time staying at BLT and our friends first time at Disney!!! I've cursed myself by finding this thread and not am anxious to get the perfect room haha! Any recommendations I get in order to *attempt* securing a wonderful view? We have a standard view studio :D

P.S My wife is obsessed with the contemporary lobby smell, anyone else feel the same way haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter