BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Hi All,

We have ressies for the end of Sept thru Early Oct - I've called into DVC twice to ask for North Tower/Even room #/ High floor and both time was told they don't take requests anymore and the options online are it. Has anyone else had the same response? Is there another way to make the request ?

Any other time we;'ve stayed we just took whatever was given to us- just curious cause it sound like people still manage to make the requests...

Michelle
use Touring Plans to make room request

Planning on going 10/16-23/2021; 12 of us reserved 2 lake view 2 bedroom units.
First time my niece has done the reservations since my sister ( DVC Member) was ill and unable to. I don't think my niece made any special requests. I just requested the units be close to one another, but I'm not sure that's possible.
Any suggestions? Myself & 3 of our nieces are Associate DVC Members. Should we just take our chances or are their certain LV 2 bedroom units we should try to get? I looked at the map and am totally clueless. Is it better to have a unit/units on an upper floor? We will have 4 children in one unit ages 5-12. ( with their parents & grandparents)
Not enough points for a MK view and to many of us for the Grand Villa this trip so opted for the LV 2 bedroom units ( 2 units under 2 separate names)

As a side note my sister passed away after reservations had been made due to complications from Covid19.😥 Disney was kind enough to allow us to use the points as she had willed them over to 3 of our nieces. This trip is being made in her memory. She was a member since 2010 and we made at least 3 memorable vacations after she joined. It would give her such joy that our great nephew, age 10 has displayed a great interest in the planning. Another " Mickey" lover in the making.😉😍
So sorry about your sister. Too sad. I’m glad you are taking this family trip....
My suggestion would be to send an email to member services through the DVC website. Give the background, supply them with both reservation numbers and explain exactly what you are seeking. Perhaps the rooms could be across the hall from each other instead of side by side. I always like to put complicated requests is writing because they will always respond...although these days it takes over a week so don’t delay. They will put your requests in writing on your reservation info that, in the past, goes to the room schedulers. When you go to check in (definitely do this in person and not the direct to room thing) ask the CM behind the counter to check and see if your request was fulfilled. The earlier you get to the resort the better, as then there are less people already checked in. I have found that they can sometimes make miracles happen. Also, print out the maps and room number locations, they are on this thread somewhere, and write down or circle the room numbers/location you desire. If you happen to get a room ready text before you arrive (that has NEVER happened to us) you can check it against the map. Then you won’t have to visit the front desk if you got what you wanted. It may be hard to get your wish, as they will be busy with all the hoopla around the 50th.

Good luck.....let us know how it turns out.

use Touring Plans to make room request

Many thanks! Lol - I just went ahead last month and paid for a membership with them since I've been using the dining finder so much:) Didn't know/realize they could do room requests too !
Does this mean as a BLT owner I cannot call MS and make a room request, but if I purchase Touring Plans (which I do not believe is affiliated with Disney) I can make a room request?

Does this mean as a BLT owner I cannot call MS and make a room request, but if I purchase Touring Plans (which I do not believe is affiliated with Disney) I can make a room request?
Can someone explain this please? I’m happy to get a membership with touring plans for all their great help but I dont understand how they would be able to put in a request for us if we can’t do it ourselves through DVC as an owner. Won’t DVC say no one can add a request?

we are doing 1bedroom standard and I have no idea what to request. Would like a bigger room since there are four of us staying. Would that mean” outer” room request or does it not matter? Wouldn’t mind a marina view. Any suggestions??? Thank you!

Can someone explain this please? I’m happy to get a membership with touring plans for all their great help but I dont understand how they would be able to put in a request for us if we can’t do it ourselves through DVC as an owner. Won’t DVC say no one can add a request?

we are doing 1bedroom standard and I have no idea what to request. Would like a bigger room since there are four of us staying. Would that mean” outer” room request or does it not matter? Wouldn’t mind a marina view. Any suggestions??? Thank you!

This is not true! You can absolutely make a room request with MS without being a member of Touring Plans. I do it every trip. I even give them specific room number ranges. Just do it well in advance. I believe they do room assignments 4-5 days in advance of your trip. BTW... I don't see how Touring Plans has any ability to get you a specific room as they are not part of Disney and MS is only allowed to speak to the DVC Member. I think someone is spreading wrong information here.

I can only report my experience - which involved calling MS twice - and both CMs I spoke with said they could not take room requests outside of what was offered online, definitely could not make specific room requests. I thought that should not be the case - hence my asking here on the boards how to make a room request and then followed the suggestion of using Tourning Plans.

At least at that point - no one else offered up anything to say the CMs were in the wrong and to try calling again, the only suggention was use Touring Plans. So not sure how my actual experience is "spreading wrong information".

BTW - Touring Plans requst process came thru, we got room 8210 , 12th floor MK & Lakeview; just as requested.

If MS is willing to take room requests - wonderful! That is not the scenario I ran into tho.

I can only report my experience - which involved calling MS twice - and both CMs I spoke with said they could not take room requests outside of what was offered online, definitely could not make specific room requests. I thought that should not be the case - hence my asking here on the boards how to make a room request and then followed the suggestion of using Tourning Plans.

At least at that point - no one else offered up anything to say the CMs were in the wrong and to try calling again, the only suggention was use Touring Plans. So not sure how my actual experience is "spreading wrong information".

BTW - Touring Plans requst process came thru, we got room 8210 , 12th floor MK & Lakeview; just as requested.

If MS is willing to take room requests - wonderful! That is not the scenario I ran into tho.

We just had a trip at the end of May. I had no issues with MS taking my room request. I put in specific room numbers for BLT and got my first choice. I still do not see how Touring Plans has the ability to do this unless they have someone at Disney they are working with behind the scenes.

I would personally, if all else fails, put the request for a room in online and then call MS to confirm the notes. You absolutely do not need to purchase Touring Plans to make a DVC room request under your reservation.

I’m so glad you got your request!! But this is what I want to understand. How does TP have magical access to getting peoples request? Are they sending the request somewhere other than to MS? Directly to BLT manager? That’s what I’m trying to understand. Once again it’s frustrating to have paid so much money to be an owner but you feel as if people who buy a service such as TP (and might not be a fellow owner if they are renting) have more options to get requests.

How does TP have magical access to getting peoples request? Are they sending the request somewhere other than to MS? Directly to BLT manager? That’s what I’m trying to understand.
My understanding is that requests through TP go to the room assigners at the resort.

I’m so glad you got your request!! But this is what I want to understand. How does TP have magical access to getting peoples request? Are they sending the request somewhere other than to MS? Directly to BLT manager? That’s what I’m trying to understand. Once again it’s frustrating to have paid so much money to be an owner but you feel as if people who buy a service such as TP (and might not be a fellow owner if they are renting) have more options to get requests.

I want to understand this myself. I just tried to call MS and got a busy signal.

It's been several years since I tried this, but I used to simply email MS with my room requests in the form of a ranked list of preferred room numbers. All three times I did this, I received an email in response that they had added my request to the reservation. And all three times, I was given a room in my top three. More recently, I didn't really care that much and just made whatever requests were available when checking in online.

I’ve had my best luck with MS through chat so I’ll try today. NOW. What do I request?? 🤣🤣

any suggestions? 1bedroom standard. Bigger room(outside)? Can I request marina view? I don’t care what floor or need to see MK. Just dont want first floor parking lot or over the lobby!! Thanks for any suggestions. Once I figure that out I can decide whether I will use TP!

I just chatted with Member Services. The agent I interacted with said you can call Member Services to request a specific room and to her knowledge Disney does not have a partnership with Touring Plans to provide this service. I have also sent an email to Member Services.

I was able to chat with MS this morning and she added my specific room requests. Easy! I’m so sorry that Fletchette got bad info from two different cast members. Must be so frustrating to wait online or on phone just to get bad info.
So I decided to see if my request for 7242 or 7142 or even number room comes through! I’ll skip TP this time and see what happens!! Thanks for suggestions!!

I was able to chat with MS this morning and she added my specific room requests. Easy! I’m so sorry that Fletchette got bad info from two different cast members. Must be so frustrating to wait online or on phone just to get bad info.
So I decided to see if my request for 7242 or 7142 or even number room comes through! I’ll skip TP this time and see what happens!! Thanks for suggestions!!
I swear the inconsistency with MS is astounding. In the case of Fletchette she was unable to place room request via MS, I had no problem via the chat function. But I also was able to ask my rep last week to check on my dining reservations because my MDE was screwing up the new Steakhouse 71 reservations. Most of that has resolved (cancelled one disappearing finally) but I do have a wrong time on My MDE so instead of waiting on the phone with Disney Dining for 2+ hours I chatted back with a MS rep but he was "unable" to see my dining reservations and said MS doesn't have access to that. So who the heck did I chat with last week that was able to read off to me my entire dining reservations? It is so frustrating! Im just going to check at the restaurant when I arrive because it is insane that wait time is so long. Disney/DVC needs to get some consistency with their reps. sometimes I don't know if its bad training or just laziness on the part of some of the reps.

Hello BLT owners - a fellow CCV owner here!

Quick question - my plan is to book a trip to Disney next October 16th at CCV when my 11 month window opens but at 7 months I'd like move to BLT - what's the probability of being able to get a standard view room or a lake view room?

We stayed at BLT for our homecoming visit in Oct 2020 and LOVED IT and I'd love to go back. We had a ton of points to use with the mess of the shutdown so DH and I stayed in 2 br by ourselves - it was fabulous!

thanks!!

Hello BLT owners - a fellow CCV owner here!

Quick question - my plan is to book a trip to Disney next October 16th at CCV when my 11 month window opens but at 7 months I'd like move to BLT - what's the probability of being able to get a standard view room or a lake view room?

We stayed at BLT for our homecoming visit in Oct 2020 and LOVED IT and I'd love to go back. We had a ton of points to use with the mess of the shutdown so DH and I stayed in 2 br by ourselves - it was fabulous!

thanks!!
Standard view will be difficult especially studio. Lake view should be available without too much problems!! Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter