Blended O'HANA: lights, water fountains, and characters OH MY!

(Continued Some Mo’)

Then we took a big group picture for Gia’s Ohana!

VUHuKX3dK9MmGD25wOP7VenvRhRhtwj28AHfwpY8foQOQnm9IUGipH0h7bOOz4Co5f4U_-7U0CaC2B-y5NMC0_ffzlEubswPnBNGWtbG6O6CDXDnUUsKxxYNqVTkikeCG8Zo3Z62

Then of course I yell, “NOW A SILLY ONE!” ...because that’s what Moms do.

0TG-WW63D6sKpptzBrbUMCdJtUkgINg3V1t0xplBgOOWPqJ9r9E1D4d370MHP3hb1EhQkGyCmlcHhtjgQ9BKyJem-szHjQCeJYtATqK8AJi678I-IUw3iIjG99t2K8xUELrstEDc

This string of pictures really captures what our trip was like. It was fun, we had our separate moments, but we all came together AND ENJOYED IT because we love this little girl. Who cares about the rest.

After this fun little bit, we all went and did the Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor together. I’m not sure about Christian, but I want to say JP fell asleep in there. Gotta love “that guy” in those shows!

Then we split again. There were a few things they wanted to go play on and we were taking things more slowly and were hungry again. Another thing i’ve learned in large groups… if your eating schedule is off, you’ll spend a lot of time leaving the group to eat, and then when you’re playing, other parts of your group will need to leave to eat. So basically if you WANT to be together, like, ALL the time then plan your days around roughly the same schedule. But this worked for us.

It being Valentine’s Day and us being back where we got married on top of how well things were going, we were just on a love-fest high. Naturally we needed a “kiss in front of the castle” pic.

S9oj9iPpUb6Z8QyncWCLsABuzf3o-GA5BT-c0EpNGw6019i3a-Ayu_yX0A5-6AqiX94_1vu7XsjFzi2llCXUCIQZzo_kuyciAO95mBvOCMHOTl5iRgxb9kxSLDp1S09AN8XmXO5t

JP uninterested.

We made our way back to FantasyLand for grab a bite at (can’t remember the name) the Pinocchio place. Bathroom break, late lunch/snack time. This was the last thing my in laws participated in, too. We had dinner plans later and they wanted to rest up before flying home in the morning. So they got some quality time in with JP… in another fountain at the restaurant. This time, someone actually came up and tried to politely (and passive aggressively) get us to stop. The lady was like, “umm are you sure you want to let him play in that? That’s sure some dirty water!” My FIL was like, “well, he’s happy.”

Wmo_MEn5T4Pnv2VLngUFdB8cwLA56eSMTVD63Y1m1jYs_bjSBRfXJuzuRorAqw01yj_QB_TSLpRcWx3oiae7KIchwoJv5Ti1mLxDjgzlxEhL-EzJA240Xi2uPSEHeUZH4F7r2dg3

kTjHbqsY7YlPOMm2PdVjJQbMX59SbHs_lAkI-ssVySqEZOabDI3pzpK29krSumnkkwvrIidqriEiMiwVoeQYJ0HL9GiJJkI4u3k9RqoD91NvqBEm84bj4xCqHhevwi-bezJByCy9

After my in laws left, I want to say we just kind of took our time heading back to the front of the park. We had reservations at Crystal Palace at 6. We actually had a little bit of time, so we caught the Move It Shake It parade. JP loved it of course! My friend Katelyn was working in Magic Kingdom that night and was going to come meet up with us, too. YAY!

EIkIuSWd_4Xs2gkDZyvlyRQIwy-OCLzpk-HfJ0SGaLR_xhvmg9bC_p_h06bipDPwYHFcr9CmTAVTADPU7BROZsueul7zuDXb-eXdHwDlzvj9uErT-oqm8kLZlxS1S_WkjOQUIyqO

pe3OU95R-vZcbeUIrrh081DgccmFdm-dQZxDZHCZG1FQqHWbrRl_cjm8N0HJL1eQPHlmgdTh2Q0L0sGTJw__uKyibsHfRUI0fBkX7j4BUOVTFlx33wujvz7_1jFGpFkdOTSZUHPA

Next up: The most interesting, fun, and exhausting dinner of my life! SO WORTH IT and GREAT way to end our trip!

Also remember they are retired and they take things slower, so they were in no rush.

This is my life goal. Someday I want to be retired and for a hobby, I want to drive around during rush hour... but really slowly.
People love that.

So she took off to rides some things in Adventure/FrontierLand and Jimmy and I went to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern.

mmmm... love LTT.

At this point, it was Ash Wednesday and we weren’t SUPPOSED to eat meat… but I’m pretty sure we both had a bit of bacon already that morning, not thinking about it. So I was intent on getting my lobster roll!

Oh? Wasn't aware of that. Plus... vacation. All rules go out the window.

Before we split, we got a chance to see the Muppets in Liberty Square. If you are ever passing by, stick around. It’s a really cute little side show!

Thanks for the tip! :)

I remember being worried about crowds because it was Ash Wednesday.

Wait... you just said you're not supposed to eat meat but you thought it'd be crowded? Confused.

I didn’t even know these places HAD the applesauce pouches, but he GAVE it to us. I was so excited. You know, it’s the little things.

::yes::

JP just couldn’t stop “showing his muscles”.

GAJrBXKFTNg9rEQ91DhfQasYPBWmhtQqzpxZO_G-ZfhRGJfaBWrRsLUVUGgcvRLyrbPh2uIWysJO9KYvO1fN9x0JsU_EhRSwgBkO8dBtOeJmnNcSn1Z9HDm9gJ6FSkorUpy5OgOP

Dude's got muscles.

So we asked Gia what she wanted to do, and in her mind, it had to be something the babies could do. She wanted us ALL to ride Small World because JP just loved it and she hoped Christian would, too.

As much as I don't like IASW, I do like how she's thinking about the little ones. :)

Now this meant that Mom was the only one to use the Big Thunder Mountain fastpass. She also went on to ride Pirates and take a few pics solo. She’s brave, I don’t know if I would do that, but I know it’s a thing a lot of people enjoy!

Also, Mom wanted some space to do what SHE wanted after having been my right hand man all week.

Yep. Need some freedom.

I didn’t like Mom being gone, but she deserved to do what she wanted for a while.

cQufoaeHASAWr5fnPT0X9NSONKqL2uOzi8mRUs46hbDeXdH6nnd-H5VQ97alwEbf9z803cSXxViR9IIUKicjAm_TH1u_8ZVH_LtkR6-EvqjVTtJq3zcKv6CbKc0lc3GPVEgsfGTU

She certainly looks happy! :goodvibes

And yes, we were THOSE people.

:laughing: If you want to cut in front of me at IASW... you go right ahead!

The good thing about when we do stuff with Gia’s mom is that we have each other to take pictures for the other family!

Your own personal photography assistant!

I could not for the life of me figure out what your shirt was until I looked at Jimmy's. Then the nickel dropped.

Both babies loved Small World. Like I’ve said before, it’s now our family favorite just because everyone can enjoy it.

And... that's okay! :)

So not only had we now vacationed together, on Valentine’s Day… but Small World thinks we are besties. It was just too funny. Had to take a picture.

:laughing:

So it looks like Ashley is going to be having a slumber party with me. I must admit… words I’d never thought I’d say!

Whoa...
Yeah I can see how you'd think that. I think most people would feel the same?

My husband is my real life Gaston and it was Valentine’s Day after all. (I realize I just said I married a villain. He’s a complicated man.)

:rotfl:

If you don’t get the souvenir cup, did you really even go?

Uh, oh. I'm not one for souvenirs very much... guess I didn't go!

Which begs the question... where did I get that brew from, then?

First, we did a test run on Gaston’s fountain.

So that's what it's for!

Then we were finally headed where we were supposed to go an hour ago…

:rolleyes:

We were in our Lady and the Tramp shirts.

Now you tell me!

My husband is Italian, so the L&T spaghetti kiss was what we decided on for Vday in Disney!

Appropriate. :)

I can now add “or in case he needs someone to help him play at the splash pad” to that list of emergencies. #Proud2Bmom

Attagirl.

;)

Love this shot! :thumbsup2

Pictures don’t do it justice. He had a freaking blast!!!

Yay! :goodvibes

This was kind of JP’s first parade! HE WAS MESMERIZED!

Don't blame him. It's a really good parade. :)

:) Cute shot.

I can’t remember where Jimmy was during this. I think I sent him on a coffee run and he got lost in the parade. HA! Whoops.

Whoopsie! Then again... coffee must not've been overly hot.

Nice family shot. :)

Nice shot of the whole group.
Kinda like the incidental photobomb, too.

Then of course I yell, “NOW A SILLY ONE!” ...because that’s what Moms do.

Of course!

:laughing: I think you and Jimmy win this one.

This string of pictures really captures what our trip was like. It was fun, we had our separate moments, but we all came together AND ENJOYED IT because we love this little girl. Who cares about the rest.

::yes:: Good for you. All of you.

Naturally we needed a “kiss in front of the castle” pic.

S9oj9iPpUb6Z8QyncWCLsABuzf3o-GA5BT-c0EpNGw6019i3a-Ayu_yX0A5-6AqiX94_1vu7XsjFzi2llCXUCIQZzo_kuyciAO95mBvOCMHOTl5iRgxb9kxSLDp1S09AN8XmXO5t

awwww...

JP uninterested.

:lmao:

So they got some quality time in with JP… in another fountain at the restaurant. This time, someone actually came up and tried to politely (and passive aggressively) get us to stop. The lady was like, “umm are you sure you want to let him play in that? That’s sure some dirty water!” My FIL was like, “well, he’s happy.”

:sad2:
Mind your own business lady. I'm almost positive he's not hurting anything or anyone. Brother.

we caught the Move It Shake It parade.

Now that parade, I can take or leave... mostly leave. But glad JP liked it. :)

This is my life goal. Someday I want to be retired and for a hobby, I want to drive around during rush hour... but really slowly.
People love that.
:P HAHAH! Yes!

Oh? Wasn't aware of that. Plus... vacation. All rules go out the window.
That's what we ended up deciding the rest of the day. Yeah we're Catholic, but we agreed to make a deal with God to trade that day for another day to not eat meat. LOL.

Wait... you just said you're not supposed to eat meat but you thought it'd be crowded? Confused.
They had a few yummy non-meat options. Thought that would be popular. Especially since most of Disney during that time is other Mardi Gras leavers.

As much as I don't like IASW, I do like how she's thinking about the little ones. :)
:love:

Your own personal photography assistant!
It doesn't hurt!

And... that's okay! :)
:hug:

Uh, oh. I'm not one for souvenirs very much... guess I didn't go!
I'm usually not. But Beauty and the Beast is my weakness. Normally, I'm the "you don't need that" parent.

So that's what it's for!
Now you know!

::yes:: Good for you. All of you.
:grouphug:

Now that parade, I can take or leave... mostly leave. But glad JP liked it. :)
Same here. It was just a time filler while we waited for everyone to get to us to check in for dinner at CP. We saw it while waiting for dinner at Tony's back in 2015. But it's short and sweet. Nice and fun!

only able to type with one hand so excuse typos & shortcuts

That's what we ended up deciding the rest of the day. Yeah we're Catholic, but we agreed to make a deal with God to trade that day for another day to not eat meat. LOL.

ah!
thought we abandoned that due to food allergies and requirements?

They had a few yummy non-meat options. Thought that would be popular. Especially since most of Disney during that time is other Mardi Gras leavers.

Ohhhh... okay, gotcha.

I'm usually not. But Beauty and the Beast is my weakness. Normally, I'm the "you don't need that" parent.

i'm the "you want it? you pay for it" parent. :rolleyes2

Same here. It was just a time filler while we waited for everyone to get to us to check in for dinner at CP. We saw it while waiting for dinner at Tony's back in 2015. But it's short and sweet. Nice and fun!

I can see watching it while waiting for something else

Great updates. Love that Gia is so thoughtful towards her wee brothers:love: What a gorgeous girl she is and you guys are a fantastic example for her to follow (regardless of the eye-rolling, hormone surging years that are fast approaching:rotfl:).
JP has the most infectious smile and looks like he had a blast playing at Caseys. Love that you joined in too! Sometimes it’s those moments that make for the best memories :goodvibes
I used to love Ash Wednesday as a kid because it meant golden cod and fried potatoes for dinner plus the whole fasting element meant we had dinner an hour later than usual (we didn’t have supper at 9pm so dinner moved from 5 to 6pm so we weren’t hungry going to bed/work depending on shifts) so I got to play outside with my friends for longer :)
Mind you I’ve also accidentally eaten meat on more than one occasion so you’re definitely not alone there :thumbsup2 My kids live for Shrove (pancake) Tuesday even though I make them pancakes every single Sunday! This year it falls on my grandson’s 1st birthday so I guess it’s going to be a pancake party
You have managed this trip so well. Everyone seems to be doing the things that are important to them and you all seem to be getting along awesomely! Well done you!!:worship:

What a fun last park day! Sounds like everyone got a little of something that they wanted (especially your mom who needed a bit of solo time). Seemed to be plenty of eating in there as well! LOL!! I love all the photos of the kids playing in water and enjoying the parades. Just all kinds of fun going on! :goodvibes

Love that Gia is so thoughtful towards her wee brothers:love: What a gorgeous girl she is and you guys are a fantastic example for her to follow (regardless of the eye-rolling, hormone surging years that are fast approaching:rotfl:
She really can be just the BEST big sister. And as spoiled and awful as she can be, she has a responsible heart of a leader. Still working on that thinking of others thing, but that girl cares very deeply for her brothers. And i sure HOPE we can be a good examples. I know having kids... specifically her, being my step child, and being a girl... has humbled me. It really puts me in my place when I think about being an example for her to follow.

JP has the most infectious smile and looks like he had a blast playing at Caseys. Love that you joined in too! Sometimes it’s those moments that make for the best memories :goodvibes
That might've been some of my favorite moments this trip.

Mind you I’ve also accidentally eaten meat on more than one occasion so you’re definitely not alone there :thumbsup2
Eh. It happens!

My kids live for Shrove (pancake) Tuesday even though I make them pancakes every single Sunday! This year it falls on my grandson’s 1st birthday so I guess it’s going to be a pancake party
WE LOVE PANCAKE PARTIES! My husband is in a mickey pancake kick lately. Every sunday it's Mickey pancakes. And he's working each week to perfect his craft.

You have managed this trip so well. Everyone seems to be doing the things that are important to them and you all seem to be getting along awesomely! Well done you!!:worship:
:thanks: Means a lot. I worked really hard and stressed more than needed to make this trip as easy and seamless as possible, and it has wound up being some of my favorite Disney moments to date.

What a fun last park day! Sounds like everyone got a little of something that they wanted (especially your mom who needed a bit of solo time). Seemed to be plenty of eating in there as well! LOL!! I love all the photos of the kids playing in water and enjoying the parades. Just all kinds of fun going on! :goodvibes
SO MUCH FUN! It really was!!! And looking back, I am sort of shocked that our smorgasbord of a blended family gave everyone a chance to do what they wanted without too much compromise.

...Our Crystal Palace Experience (and more)…

I cannot stress enough how important it is to meal plan WELL when you go to Disney with small children. Our dinner was at 6:05pm. Not that this was a late time, but as the day progresses, it’s more of a toss-up how your little one is going to be when Dinner rolls around.

When we made this reservation, it was my attempt to make as many character dining experiences as possible for the little ones. So far, both babies had done really well with characters, so we had no reason to believe it wouldn’t be a pleasant experience. And no offense to Crystal Palace, but Pooh isn’t the first Disney shows I’m showing my baby. Since they were so little and might not know or care for the Pooh characters, this wasn’t our first choice for a dinner. But it was the best option with a decent time that would fit us all. We all met up and checked in, and did not wait very long at all. I had been texting my friend from college to meet up. She was working that day in MK.

Sidenote: my friend did the Disney College Program while we were juniors. My sister just dropped her application to do DCP this fall. We haven’t heard back yet but as just sitting on pins and needles hoping to hear from Disney soon. My sister really needs and deserves this experience! But my point is that Katelyn did it when we were in college, came home, finished her degree, and then went back… and hasn’t left since. So anytime I visit Disney, I get to visit my friend and we share so much more than a love of Disney. So it’s really exciting when I get to see her! And i hope my sister gets to experience some of the same things she did.

So Kaitlyn had said she was making her way towards Main Street and would come find us in Crystal Palace. We were seated pretty quickly! I have to say, the food was not on the top of my list. But I just love the setting. The building is gorgeous, I like the way they have the seating set up. I like it, a lot.

But here’s the thing. It’s like once we walked in the door the babies just went nuts. Was it something in the air? I’m not really sure. It wasn’t that they were hungry… it was a buffet. We never had to wait for food. It wasn’t that they were tired. I mean, Disney is exhausting, but they napped. Maybe they napped too much or were just too cooped up and needed to stretch their (not walking yet) legs.

(Before…)

G6R3BAADpDuXhRgZYZ4OSOi-deXE5lDuSu6XMuK-deOMDxgISkgFAZxSNNGocSD_X-1krNGlsb6fhMtz564CAXkGbVrZyg7P5xh8Q1XGnldFgK9DAuPI7Jb_R3ZmMb3vnR-D1MlN

AZgTAWp_3PWDlPcV2N70_TbvACbNzgBlJFFerQxru8e1iBFuieW26-aWZgIKWjeaS5jR8TcW7A5dfc8bhn7RXa9VbnvsUFw7xZx32o4avkSLnhXTAfnAgCn0ywf_6YlFX_J2id1G

We sat. We got babies set up with juices, food from buffet, etc. We took turns getting ourselves food and ordering our drinks, etc. Everything was fine. Until JP decided he wasn’t going to sit in a highchair anymore. But holding him? Nah. That wasn’t good enough either. He opted for a floor routine… in the middle of the dining room walkways… as the characters were heading our way. And no, I don’t have pictures of this because I was too busy trying to wrangle him. HERDING CATS, I TELL YA!

So he is crawling (very fast I might add) and just rolling around and making snow angels in the carpet at Crystal Palace and screeching anytime I try to pick him up. Luckily Disney is full of people that look lovingly at how cute he is instead of the “you let him out in public like that?” look. However… everyone thought he was cute. Only fueling the fire.

In fact, the CM in charge of the characters just hung by our table for the next half hour or so wanting to play with JP and saying how cute he was.

Right before the characters got to us, Katelyn came to see us! She had one of those sticks to pick up trash as you walk. She had it decorated for the holiday. My kinda girl! JP LOVED her stick. But really just wanted to show off for her. And Chrsitian is a little sweetheart, so he was being good but I think JP brings out the crazy in him as well, so then he wanted up and out, too.

This is Katelyn! If you ever see her, hug her. She is magical and amazing!

S7JQ-cVLcNoGQov0g5h8Omk6pst9HwzBwi7nBAh3GpBnvIhnvqzTO6Ppb9whzLyo4Kp8Enh2nbxYexInz_PXrGdkKg24E-dkYdcLb-iWOgmIoF73aBlGGigOQBUJX2zNR3iu6GB2
oxMwQXiNsSDnyLW31CwYdaVRo7POO2m0OrOlcJGqb7V_jeSsDJ_xCc7RzP8fctI9K5Cr1pEl8nzJrHtwcM3YYysv5Le__Wyp73ImdK-dPpKWqcI7sH20Zj6kbeRlkNnDbnSbjRaV

This was us in college

j2pPNefXuRmW9Z6RGxp7jqLUjN7Wwa8DcsDS400Ym-OlWG2OB8b0dSa8MU82FDwyvDZLpbS5vELeRpNQ2ptUDzRSFgjTzRsPSgAQNjeC0Q6aFoQs10FJz1TkFK7yArS-bWiBRPit

9ImCcy_23le5NRYGQMJqZRlPjs3ereWfxcTLNe03IyPXjqvodnpvPrfkNPqJ4Qq-Qb_K1uAcJgu9Ibmik_9NSMYL1u4t8e-6gsfib35KShF8KZBHso0w4D4U0JNz9ILIeb1NDRX7

Back to the story. So we had eaten, and eaten, and eaten. The babies were going crazy and everyone was restless. The characters were “almost coming”... for the better part of an hour and a half. That’s not right! We must’ve been seated at a weird part of the rotation. It was so loud and chaotic with the little ones that we considered just paying and leaving. We had even asked Gia at this point if she cared. She said we could leave, but looked a little dissappointed. I think she wanted the babies to see the characters. So Mom went and talked to a cast member and the characters headed our way. And thank God, because we all looked like this…

NlsI3CezbrCxLb40ZsPwZOIZShATt-7L1eQIh4InmNOAd7Q6ez-2510fhGYtAKh7IW7ReN51ToJH0KWu6na7WY8fdadse_G3ibV_55oiipnYEQFPTJvYsvCsB0f-bF4EGGEOYoGQ

Notice: other people do not look like us. We are all up, ready to go, and the table next to us just got their drinks and they’re getting their food. But, ALAS, I do see Eeyore in there somewhere.

First up: Tigger! We are LSU fans, so JP knows Tigers. Thus, Tigger was a hit!

Tp3-hCEVRn9cepbMP_V6coawZjR6SUDurhOtdFUSs3VRiw2IFJ46S3MIwyh0meN-X2TUh27KRga_2sHCsJG-4MI2LEUY5xdD8y7VCBI_Xoc4mOj6Xhskb_x2A4BITp7FMrcYgjuK

aGTEjl6KXamzhG6t8uD5x90MSQn-xkhMa0gbooc64-ZTwrIza9AYmkfxKja0KjPYLBIRc_-C0flcSmJaQ10eJgr1wJ1H20B3IrJs0I6cKzCVVFr0000DImbljSD-6xQrn4wrH0S7

Tigger got down on their level… Thank God. Because right before this, my son was doing crawl-donuts in the aisle. But here’s the better version of that picture..

ZFFzpS--r_0SLB6TptM42XOp1AMNbXRza2_Rl2HwHRu18ru3s8FDFP9lccxqT31Y08hN1bLi4MifUvZfysyUPQHgjk-6obdU47x-w_gKyBv8nQc2hkdqmJHtNjrz3dVgSQH208op

Crazy I tell you!

Continued...

CkV-KnPEA9ehCnibd6tesMmbZLASP0Rs7R_O-X-44xRrYVTHqq4uq8LNp3nWzblAn0TQ5TWop8UPT-DyoXQC8zUpV-jTwbdAUzi-5BbZTc3eua2kYMvLhfhja78suCkSrCrwj-4l

He LOVED Tigger. Tigger really paid attention to him. They played, tickled, etc. Then when Tigger pulled away to move on, this is what we got…

uL94m9WdOjCECkwTgVMaq6xas5jDfUOVA4X9jHXV4g9cUZLUzUhYVOXztddKsAIx41aYWjZ_YYXicpNMWekrhbf-ezZbogMbjaDGeFtdmsV0D5fz9Sze1WmJffCTUSNd8eYgIFTr

Next up, Piglet.

JP Really wanted Piglet to hold him. Obviously that was not part of the package. And he was willing to move any objects in the way of Piglet holding him.

y1q7labwNblkP__vJ_-vcmDGFeQrbYrlvKWCdXqJbmZ4Tm1HQ3-axSOV0r0UmsZZouBogxcIRq5xRX0Awzh5nbX2VO5VfvFcg4gwJtAqrbzO15aqs3iXtaGm9WoVNgxFoND70SOD

-DUBsy2kLZbLfPSESliQKNGVngaFFfEZ369lqdu6D0eWYCKoCMym5qu3k9dGaQifkEgmOL4mLpPp9VbRrP8-N53th867-ZKhv0DflLZedkiVZ6P4MJhzkie0bZsf_xlTUpcQejpA

5tqRpS2t3GXCfc6KDJkA_lbFVLDAFx3HO5zyrAW-gwWN4_x3ExSyYHyePjXbVXWq62lxXwqTYF24DcU1F5oR3jnGb9JSnTGzcM9IVPdOEZZcxrWkydMhQ8D6heXYBGLLrV8jn33y

UsnqomSL301VQSpfE07wnxHvl8MmsNqVbcb9qUrKUY1XpzF6i5YpMOiW6JKjsmszVHD6J4M-ZWjrYkj_qURKnjnd8m17Mq5ae1AQS8KQ4t3i8Bct_-EKJMWocxkGEDdeVxO3Ag4C

GMrqIyz-pLRz2kxwZI-SCCynOwW0fynL955FAJBk7oquZmncZj-f00eM4LA4PBbR8_9JWfoGpYuGXakDbq9YJix5VA1JpSxcevf1F0DQV6X6B4mFA0BEBnwhTGKK8KvOz8neguLA

This is Annie. Annie hung with us through the chaos. But I have to admit. It was the most fun, interesting, thrilling kind of chaos.

Then came Pooh. To this day, my son still LOVES Pooh. Doesn’t really sit through any Pooh movies, but any apparel, stuff, pictures, etc. He Loves it.

dl8sPr1_IIN8oTn60plxHX1l6tYokM_s6vRMC1f2dB9YBVWw8ClwGXnUpbXGUxfEfzSR16djzxaeU5hjPWChZ8_kQblenEFvmGZGoTW-trAjtGCCkNWLdYahGaOhYr2yW-FJNgQW

Notice: People staring. Annie having too much fun.

Er2g8xJ5odUQ0UqFvCHeNhT2uwkDHp-kNsDJH25c80ViCLzK0YlnABkN68DoE4tkKXPXFXgQjm2EvdF8ApuikcOHRdcoMGhFYqYPQfd5Pdc1sJObSMKA0FlmsTMh9dqxQAvFsQbt

LotDEheRcadCqD0WSIuUMm9GfaqKhMJPBThP5T4pxCS_f9W6E1jU5-BHpiiATxeyv4Ap6NDHJa-_GV6c6MMM2olFCOJiXSH0z7WYZOTk_Wuin8kWKcj55PHO2wMOH42jyruIbQ2u

Continued again...

HFlBJQFGBmdxBE1p0EFL24pOsooS4FZ5LgfnKxliYjmDodci7wISnyRCgC3GQ_MT_m2bnSu5ce4guSVWk6v1PuglpmCOZ2eQlI1LE4YApOyBorr1WsToFFcrWhGUPEys-Z0lIFNp

oym4Vy-ciLJ3rrAiQoLKzob3QD08Hh5cfWhYeW-GJZCWTH2-iuoCmzXqN5zMAo-GfFxCXuKpWUfkaRPWb5AOy1fDUDf_3WxdBuJK7E3FNVl5X9RpvCoOPblKvyXJKTm-xdiYFZzM

And this is me having to PEEL HIM OFF of Winnie the Pooh so that Christian can have a turn.

sTFQkuAIzOtPbDYiDbTnwutHKbVkRPXoYLQEdVTWS0AlAHnQzk_O2gB0qq5JEN1ub7skCy3ybY59FWQa5v6OBRLiUZamuZEP4sFTlnpeEvSmzoIk2VO2kCFWP0nYXRF58ehzpfIT

Christian loved the characters, too. I think they liked that they were giant stuffed animals that wanted to HUG them!

After that, I think we were done. I don’t think we stuck around for Eeyore. Like I said, I think we got in a weird rotation and it just wasn’t worth waiting around. Gia and the babies all got their fun in. We did want to catch a ride or 2 before heading out.

We headed towards fantasyland to see what had the shortest line and we would ride it! Oddly enough, Peter Pan was the winner! I couldn’t believe it was so empty!!!

You know why it was empty? Because it was time for the fireworks (our dinner was at 6. Just to give you an idea of how long that dining experience was and why our babies were so nuts). But did you know that they blast the fireworks from atop the fantasyland rides? We found that out the hard way! We wizzed through the line quickly but it was like being in the middle of a war. We were screaming at each other and the building was shaking. Disturbing, but not really scary. As long as no one was crying, then we are RIDING THIS RIDE!

I wasn’t sure how Jimmy would be. I still don’t understand his fear of rides, so I didn’t know if being suspended in the air would be a problem. All was well. We enjoyed it. And JP fell asleep. Yes, even in the fireworks. Guess he wore himself out at dinner. After that, Mom still wanted to do some rides.

When mom rode around earlier, BTMRR was actually down, so I think they decided to ride it. And Mom always says she prefers it at night. Ashley wanted to ride, too. So Mom and Ashley went ride Thunder Mountain while David and Christian stood nearby. But Jimmy, Gia, JP, and I hung back to get our floating lantern picture in Rapunzel’s bathroom area. Funny story, you’re not supposed to light floating lanterns within so many miles of airports. Well we didn’t know that at first and had been lighting and floating a few on special occasions at the lake in our neighborhood. I cannot tell you the anxiety it would give me every time I saw it hit a TREE or better yet a POWER LINE… luckily nothing bad happened, but I just couldn't stand it and told Jimmy no more. The last one we did went up in flames at the boat launch, anyway. So I guess that was a good enough reason to stop. Regardless, we wanted the floating lantern picture because it was pretty, but also because it’s just hilarious to us. JP was sleeping. So he’s in it.. Just in the papoose.

First, Gia wanted one by herself.

CgfICBo0yX2X5Pk4XQX5qFy0qWDQ2d6TF-wJOZnNyXGA2LO5Mlu7aHtlUT_iQhDZEJD0I3kxOGFB-uxW03T2ZSZOd0_t5Ub-uZXRQj-cHqhCvQr4NIY3s3GGV1BrfJQZ5i3c21Ns

65kMyk1u4DyBjYnyd7F8hD2eqaRAtAAHbQUPyQ_qnoK8W7PdA3IfDKHdiLyRGdlXfp4RNwVop8kFGg7ZVzWBCAmeB564BK0mE5sHkq6M1brIWeoo0lsAb1zj3hc49IbxLdgjBbeu

Then a family pic.

Xu4XdQSn7e1QQzaKVturV8wNYQ4Ai1kRdlkTgzP8qWe_d09L1pTj1bs5KaoW5RzMjYlp-xyiEFnVui7N0uljlpx4c-h8avMnMFzzuZZ1oisiRBpUz1l6h8xtQOVZuF0JTj2fNuVv

NXzOgM2yRbXz39VnEq1gXewZF79yS3Z5TU_5XcmDxj9Ox05g_XSrqVxn9tyL4WlIGBr0zfT1EmBLBHog6MrMXzjVgfwSdVIVBqyVtCDNyzohSquTwHt9CWR4hX7pm87H9EEEeu3j

Then the “couple”... since it was Valentine’s Day. But JP was strapped to me, so he got in, too.

43p-DYd6DFGpfyoiBXYT5ySYLIdVmWMew6cNaPxzAOTTjlUvqt7PrrXZlpVrTgpnBqLjBcPc4moXJsKe-8D-cHFr_fFB4T1DOiKttv2C8kBQxrLr5vShdHKlNrTi3WXKFUIyX4JK

Then, we decided we really wanted to see Cinderella’s carriage since it was a special day. AND BOY WAS THERE A LINE!

Jimmy had joked throughout the day how I would make him wait in something like that. But I was like, no. I don’t care. It’s special, I saw it, move on. But he kept saying it. Finally I realized HE wanted to go see it up close and take cute pictures since it was Valentine’s Day. Of course he’s all “well if you’re going to make me.” Oh please. But we had a good opportunity while the others went to ride. Plus, I think we were a good “out” for Gia when she didn’t want to ride. And since we all worked so well together, everyone kinda got to do what they wanted. It was really nice.

Last continuance today, I promise…

We were nearing the front of our line as Mom and them came up to meet us. We were tired and had been waiting a while! So we had some fun with it.

Gia up first.

K7ywqSg1xPpUPZghEqIoVZ9S7yYVNEXvEntP5QT337wtSRNglqP-ZiRKUkeWuiMEJIcQ5zFZxb5IT1dGOJqGEg1LQRxz08V0hSg1Zpuq5Lto4iLbNMN50Cql1H_laBB1Zfu7o4jl

With the Valentine’s Day sign they gave her to hold.

KrOTTiabucnXkjBodNMQkY8MLBJ8J16GkXUZ1nB_dFP2liENkwfBkrjls6np5w6ml6rxHBcdKpItnCijNjTv5oeIdfxaEBNbvIM9MGe0uuYGLpylg77METd5yYLvUJzoO622bxnF

Family pic

gCwOEVW8-hXxmZZveX5AM2ge2AKWds6l3tgK0J0KtPBg2UOl7C7kT5JuymDQFx1WRUi92p7xHS_655ghhaIV7L4fUSlWFz7s7JbogYKt66PIFzWEpjFX73Dp9KjeCV9PeBRPNodW

Then, I was like “Jimmy get on one knee! Come on, now, Prince Charming!”

pieRt7NBeIFpfxQiV4Yc7AW9kbjiV5g3nLOPSQ4a7SlH_XHgZpdQ65HC1efPZ-XMP6Lh7Imz9WFRVoZqpwXAgrndwEl_VYPXhtkW_5aT97K-PvkK2S-C3hi71lR6qVhJeaxQJo3H

Llt0ueZuJ-L-MtbedXRc0kdY3c7A4AECwPHHqZ3kX0PpbD9APx8vcJ_SjPKxT8Asl2dUuEm2Dpz4NETySwRR9fr0WlwO4JrUfgmSk7MP1FqNR3xC9lVtSUzlCBXayOZIJLBtXB6l

We had our fun. After that we headed out. We were tired. But WOW what a great day, right?! Our flight wasn’t until early evening the next day so we could take our time and REST. I don’t know how much longer Gia stayed in the park with her mom, but they sent us a picture of Gia asleep on the bus and then a video of her getting off the bus and following the wrong family once they got to the resort. Tired kids are just as inebriated as drunk adults are. And this girl was tired!

Next: Our travel day home... but mostly our adventure over to Art of Animation!

I cannot stress enough how important it is to meal plan WELL when you go to Disney with small children.

I hear you. I went when youngest DD was 4, but... yeah, I hear you.

but Pooh isn’t the first Disney shows I’m showing my baby.

Why not? Poo will be the first thing your baby shows you!

But my point is that Katelyn did it when we were in college, came home, finished her degree, and then went back… and hasn’t left since.

Good for her! :)

But here’s the thing. It’s like once we walked in the door the babies just went nuts.

Oh, dear.

HERDING CATS, I TELL YA!

Luckily Disney is full of people that look lovingly at how cute he is instead of the “you let him out in public like that?” look.

This is Katelyn! If you ever see her, hug her. She is magical and amazing!

Where does she work?

This was us in college

So... what is the secret to eternal youth, please?

The characters were “almost coming”... for the better part of an hour and a half.

Oy. :sad2: That's... a bit much.

Sorry... shouldn't laugh...

Sorry

cute shot! :)

But here’s the better version of that picture..

ZFFzpS--r_0SLB6TptM42XOp1AMNbXRza2_Rl2HwHRu18ru3s8FDFP9lccxqT31Y08hN1bLi4MifUvZfysyUPQHgjk-6obdU47x-w_gKyBv8nQc2hkdqmJHtNjrz3dVgSQH208op

Crazy I tell you!

:laughing: Herding Cats!

:rotfl: These shots are hysterical!

And this is me having to PEEL HIM OFF of Winnie the Pooh so that Christian can have a turn.

We headed towards fantasyland to see what had the shortest line and we would ride it! Oddly enough, Peter Pan was the winner! I couldn’t believe it was so empty!!!

Wow! I didn't think that ever happened!

But did you know that they blast the fireworks from atop the fantasyland rides? We found that out the hard way! We wizzed through the line quickly but it was like being in the middle of a war. We were screaming at each other and the building was shaking.

Holy smokes! Did you duck?

When mom rode around earlier, BTMRR was actually down, so I think they decided to ride it. And Mom always says she prefers it at night.

I want to do that. I've done it once at night. And need to again.

you’re not supposed to light floating lanterns within so many miles of airports.

Correct. Or launch model rockets or fly radio control planes or drones.

I cannot tell you the anxiety it would give me every time I saw it hit a TREE or better yet a POWER LINE…

eep! :eek:

The last one we did went up in flames at the boat launch, anyway.

But I bet it was really spectacular!
(For a very short time.)

Cute shot. :)

Very nice family, photo. :)

Awwwww... :love:

Finally I realized HE wanted to go see it up close and take cute pictures since it was Valentine’s Day.

Awww... the big softy. :)

Love this!

I didn't even know of this. Thanks for showing us!

I hear you. I went when youngest DD was 4, but... yeah, I hear you.
It amazes me how moody my nearly 2 year old gets when he hasn't eaten breakfast now. And you can watch his mood fade just like you'd be watching sand fall in an hour glass. Eats a pop tart and the world is right again.

Why not? Poo will be the first thing your baby shows you!
:rotfl:

Where does she work?
I'm not sure right now. This past summer she was in cast member services at DHS. She's done a lot of different areas.

So... what is the secret to eternal youth, please?
well, we are both still under 30. so there's that. But I credit my lack of wrinkles to the excessive amount of grease my skin holds. pros and cons, right?

Oy. :sad2: That's... a bit much.
I think they messed up our seating time and they missed us or something. I'm sure it was a mistake, but we definitely got an experience out of it!

:rotfl: These shots are hysterical!
pictures don't even do it justice.

Holy smokes! Did you duck?
IT WAS CRAZY! Loud, thunderous booming. Then pause for a song. Then more booming. Couldn't hear the person next to you.

AH! This still gives me anxiety to even think about. Jimmy laughs. I don't.

But I bet it was really spectacular!
(For a very short time.)
Very short while. Lighting what is basically tissue paper doesn't go far.

Awww... the big softy. :)
He is a complex man. He is as vain as Gaston, as stubborn as Beast, but just as big hearted as Mickey!

Love this!

I didn't even know of this. Thanks for showing us!
This was a special treat they had out for Valentine's Day. I saw recently they had it for another special day, but I can't remember which one. It might have been around Chrsitmas. It's a good crowd pleaser (and diverter) for busy times.

It amazes me how moody my nearly 2 year old gets when he hasn't eaten breakfast now. And you can watch his mood fade just like you'd be watching sand fall in an hour glass.

Whoa. Thats actually kinda cool.

Eats a pop tart and the world is right again.

well, we are both still under 30. so there's that. But I credit my lack of wrinkles to the excessive amount of grease my skin holds. pros and cons, right?

Umm.... sure?
You remember I’m a guy, right?
You’re talking in riddles.

pictures don't even do it justice.

IT WAS CRAZY! Loud, thunderous booming. Then pause for a song. Then more booming. Couldn't hear the person next to you.

Holy cow!

AH! This still gives me anxiety to even think about. Jimmy laughs. I don't.

:hug:

He is a complex man. He is as vain as Gaston, as stubborn as Beast, but just as big hearted as Mickey!

I’m similar. Well, just the jerk part of Gaston.

I read your post yesterday but forgot to add my comments. I had more. But these will have to do.

So cute!!! He does look so excitied! And cute. And you can totally tell the CMs are totally eating him up!

I love Gia showing her little brother Pooh! Melts my heart.

I love it. That carriage is beautiful.

Sounds like a great day! Sad that the trip is coming to an end.

Lots of good things happening that evening... and some odd ones too. Seems like far too long to wait for characters at ANY meal, but on the bright side everyone was having a pretty good time. I love the photos of character snuggling going on. :)

Sweet photos of the lanterns and carriage. :love: You are so incredibly photogenic!

I'll watch for Kaitlyn on my next couple of trips. :sail:

I'm finally back! Not that I really went anywhere just haven't been on the boards. This past fall was really busy. I can't really get on at work so I have to get on at night. I use a very old desktop. Although Danielle has a laptop she prefers the desktop for doing homework and she had lots last semester. Since she needed it for college I let her needs take priority. It paid off, she had straight As. Once you get behind it's very daunting to try to get caught up. I really want to help Michelle finish this since we're planning our next trip. I'm going to try to get caught on everyone else's reports too.

I'm going to get some more updates done but first I want to get caught up on replies.

I get that. I don't ride it first, but... I have to ride HM for the same reason.

I think everyone has there "have toos" even if they aren't the newest or greatest.

Not sure if I've caught them.

If not you really should try to catch them. I'm so far behind in your reports you have done it by now.

That's got to be the best themed character meet. It's just... so well done.

It really is, it just seems more personal.

It's worth it just for the french onion soup.

And I have yet to get the french onion soup.

Love those windows. Even if I get enough snow as it is.

When I see lots of snow I always think of you.

Yep, I'm sure that's just what face I made.

Meh. It's Florida. It's hot. It's all good.

I think he looked very comfortable in just his diaper in the heat.

So are you glad he didn't take a poo dump in the pooh dump shop?

:sad2:

Huh. I've never thought of that. I think you're right!

I think I am too.

This is as it should be.

:thumbsup2

Really???

But... not floats, I guess.

Since I like the Dole Whip more than the float I really didn't pay attention. Sorry.

Absolutely. The skipper makes or breaks that ride.

I wouldn't mind trying that some day.
Not sure if it's a priority, though.
I just don't think I'd eat enough to justify it.

I don't think I ate enough either, but we really enjoyed having the not crowded seating area.

:laughing: Atta girl!

Had to try to get my money's worth.

Definitely a great shot. :)

Thank you!

Intersting... Probably because they load you in first?
And your skipper makes a huge difference on the ride. I do think the people in the boat do as well. If the other people think the skipper is funny, it is contagious.

I think you're right about all of this.

I booked the After Dessert Party for us for February. And I am SUPER excitied about it.

Not sure if you've done this yet. If you have I hope you enjoyed it, if not please eat some chocolate covered strawberries for me.

Perfect shot!

Thank you!

It gets dark so quickly down there! I always notice that being from Oregon.

It does seem to get darker faster than Louisiana. I think part of it is that you're having so much fun it just sneaks up on you.

You're right... unexpected magic is the very best kind!

It paid off, she had straight As.

Hey, that's great! Congrats!

Once you get behind it's very daunting to try to get caught up.

Oh, don't I know it!

I think everyone has there "have toos" even if they aren't the newest or greatest.

If not you really should try to catch them. I'm so far behind in your reports you have done it by now.

Nope!

And I have yet to get the french onion soup.

Well, since you posted this:

we're planning our next trip

That gives you the perfect opportunity, don't you think?

When I see lots of snow I always think of you.

Ugh. It's about 4-5 feet high piled up by the driveway. My back hurts.

Yep, I'm sure that's just what face I made.

I don't think I ate enough either, but we really enjoyed having the not crowded seating area.

Guess what I booked for DD and I? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter