Blacklight Markers

Uncle Coaster

DIS Veteran
Here’s an oddly specific request…

Has anybody used markers that look normal in bright light but glow under blacklight? Do they look like normal marker when under bright light?

I’m looking to create a puzzle where I have a bunch of numbers without a noticeable pattern when looked at in normal light but when you look at it under blacklight a code appears, so I would need both blacklight and normal markers that look identical under normal lighting but one of them glows under blacklight.

Any thoughts or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Here’s an oddly specific request…

Has anybody used markers that look normal in bright light but glow under blacklight? Do they look like normal marker when under bright light?

I’m looking to create a puzzle where I have a bunch of numbers without a noticeable pattern when looked at in normal light but when you look at it under blacklight a code appears, so I would need both blacklight and normal markers that look identical under normal lighting but one of them glows under blacklight.

Any thoughts or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I am not sure about ones that look normal, however highlighters usually glow brightly under blacklight. Also, I have used glow-in-the-dark paint that is basically invisible (not completely though) unless glowing or under black light. There may be a marker with a similar ink.

Thank you both.

I went ahead and bought a set. My hope is to have a piece of paper with random numbers written on it in multiple colors. Then I hope that the reader can’t tell which is the blacklight markers until they turn off the lights and use blacklight to see it. Sort of a hidden code.

Thank you both.

I went ahead and bought a set. My hope is to have a piece of paper with random numbers written on it in multiple colors. Then I hope that the reader can’t tell which is the blacklight markers until they turn off the lights and use blacklight to see it. Sort of a hidden code.

Sounds fun - like something that might be in an escape room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter