Black Friday 2006 Buddies Needed for the Best Bargins Yet!!HOME FROM THE TRENCHES!

TENIA66

<font color=red>Does the tag fairy post things you
Do you strategically plan your christmas shopping the day after thanksgiving, placing shoppers at all the choice stores, networked with walkie talkies or cell phones???? are you up at midnight the night after thanksgiving, getting ready to stand in line for the best bargins??? were you in the furby line of 1999??? did you get injured over a 300 laptop from walmart last year??? we need to unite!!!! keep your eyes peeled, post all the thanksgiving day and day after thanksgiving day bargins here....the stores are already listing and pricing these finds for us.............this will be the best bargins on black friday yet....:cool1:

OK A LITTLE UPDATE: HERE ARE THE DIRECT LINKS TO THE PAGE WITH THE STORE SPECIFIC DEALS OR STORE SPECIFIC RUMORED DEALS:RED MEANS COMPLETE OFFICAL LIST

WALMART NONDOORBUSTERS
BASS PRO
WAL MART
KMART THANKSGIVING
KMART
KMART SATURDAY ONLY
KMART FRIDAY AND SATURDAY ONLY
SEARS
TOYS R US
ACE HARDWARE
RITE AIDE
BEST BUY
BIG LOTS THANKSGIVING DAY
BIG LOTS
SAMS CLUB
TARGET
LINEN N THINGS
RADIOSHACK
STAPLES
MACYS
LOWES
VALUE CITY
HOME DEPOT
COSTCO
BATH AND BODY WORKS
office max
WALGREENS
GAP
LANE BRYANT
BJS WHOLESALE CLUB
FRYS
harbour freight
FREDS
COMPUSA
KOHLS
CIRCUIT CITY
OLD NAVY
CVS
KB TOYS
EB GAMES
OFFICE DEPOT
JCPENNY
GAME STOP
MEIJER
AAES
MILITARY BX
CIRCUIT CITY
TRACTOR SUPPLY
DISNEY STORE:mickeyjum
SHOP KO

DEAL COMPARISONS

ALL PORTABLE DVDS LISTED
ALL MP3 PLAYERS LISTED
ALL CAMCORDERS LISTED
ALL LCD TVS LISTED
ALL NINTENDO ITEMS LISTED
ALL LAPTOP ITEMS LISTED
ALL BICYCLES LISTED NOT MANY
ALL LCD MONITORS LISTED
ALL BRATZ ITEMS LISTED
ALL DISNEY ITEMS LISTED

ALL TOYS LISTED
ALL DESKTOP COMPUTER PRODUCTS LISTED
ALL DVDS LISTED-UPDATED
ALL TV DEALS LISTED
ALL CAMERA DEALS LISTED
ALL VIDEO GAMES/EQUIPMENT LISTED

Can't wait for this years Black Friday. Last year, my sister and I were in line at Brandsmart USA at 3am for the 5am opening to get cheap portable dvd players & vaccums & dvd players and a few other things. We were like 20th in line so got all we went there for.

Can't wait to see where i'll be starting out this year!

I was just thinking about Black Friday the other day. My sisters DD is an adult now but she goes shopping with me to help score those deals. I was in a massive stampede a couple of years ago at Meijers for a $20 DVD player. People were running each other over and stealing items out of carts, it was bad, but I came out with two. You could only buy one, even though people were grabbing many more. I got two and when I was clear of the mob I gave the other to a lady with little kids that couln't fight her way in. :thumbsup2

TENIA66 said:
are you up at midnight the night after thanksgiving, getting ready to stand in line for the best bargins???
Yes, every single year for many, many years. Me, 2 DSis, and our DDs (and DMom until 2004. Miss you, Mom :love: )
TENIA66 said:
were you in the furby line of 1999???
Scored 2 apiece from K-BToys for a total of 8. Some of them still work! :rotfl:
TENIA66 said:
did you get injured over a 300 laptop from walmart last year???
No, but DSis got squeezed hard and was just out of the running for the laptop. I was in an almost-equally dangerous line for the GameBoy Advance SPs and MP3 players. Scored 2 players and 1 GameBoy.

Lead on!! Let the bargain hunting games begin!

I'm not that good yet. My girls are my tag alongs (dh always has to work) but we get up at 4 and get going, one or two places at the most, and then have donuts for breakfast on the way home and go back to sleep. My girls are 3, 5, and 7 years old.

Can' wait for this years deals! :goodvibes

ShellyBelly said:
I am so ready!! We need a new computer...I am hoping for another good laptop deal this year!!

Why wait, there are some really good deals going on right now with Back-to-School. My DH is shopping around hard trying to find a great deal now and not wait to put away for the girls for Christmas.

We got out but really only for the Mickey Snowglobe at JcPenny and any other "freebies" that we can find. Unfortunetly those are very few these days.

I start looking for ads in October :rotfl: The past few years I map out my "wants" from the ad previews days before and I get to the 24 hour Walmart 2 hours before it opens. I get the items on sale at the other stores first (Walmart price matches that day too!!!) and then stand in line for the Walmart deals. It has worked great for me!

My DS24 goes with me and we got two of the snowglobes! I have been going for the last 20 years and it seems to get more dangerous every year! Last year a lady got knocked down and her wig came off and people were stepping on her and she laid there and put her wig back on and then got up out of the doorway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will still go but I am very careful not to wear wigs!!!!!

gottadeal.com has some good black friday forums, they usually get the ads way in advance too so you can plan better...

what's the other site for blackfriday ads? I had it under favorites on my old computer and can't remember. any help?

I do a recon mission at most stores the night prior to Thanksgiving. Around 9-10 pm the Black Friday merchandise is mostly out or being set.

I then sketch a map so I know EXACTLY where to go.

I have my ads ready, the price matching fliers and such like that.

I've been doing Black Friday since about 1994 or so. I've been noticing that more and more stores only have ho-hum things or sub quality offerings (anyone remember the $29 DVD players from two years ago?). I've also noticed that the doorbusters freebies aren't that great anymore either.

I'll only go to about two-three stores this year.

I ned a computer for my kids too. Although I'd take a laptop for me for $300. I ned something to upload my photo's on when on vacation. Does anyone remmerb if it had a CD burner?

I finish most of my Christmas shopping at the sales right after Christmas (it is always much less busy than black Friday!) I did really well at Target last year at 75% off.

My mom HATES shopping but somehow, this has become a tradition for us. Just me and her....no husbands or kids.

We stratagize some and tend to split up in the stores...we use our phones to call each other when we're ready to leave or meet back up. (of course, that didn't work the one time I left mine in the buggy she was pushing...we like to never found each other).

My Walmart is open 24 hours and I think we got there about 15 min after the official start time. I have to say, I got everything I wanted...at least mostly. It was kind of crazy around the center asile that had most of doorbuster merchandise. There were care bears FLYING over head. I wanted four and someone was nice enough to hand me four...but they were identical and I wanted different ones. Anyways...after the mad rush was over...the aisle was dead (20 min later)!! And there was still some of everything left!! So now I know to check out other areas of the store and come back about 30min after it starts. There were several bins of toy bb items over in the toy section and most of them were empty. I missed out on the jedi laser swords.

We went to target after that and I had to wait for them to unpack several items I wanted (restock). And some of the others that were all gone...I walked down several aisles surrounding that area and found them...dumped!! So don't give up if you can't find something...ppl tend to grab everything they *might* want and then dump it about 10 sec later. (let me mention also that if one more employee asked if I wanted a target cc...I was going to choke someone....the SAME girl asked us three times! Can't I get a sticker that says, already beed asked and I decline!??)

After that we went over to Best buy. That store was DEMOLISHED. BUT all I really wanted were some video games and movies. Remember..movies were $3.44 last year??!! There weren't any of the $10 GBA games left (but I got several at Toys R Us a few days ago for $10 and put them in the closet for christmas....now thats thinking ahead!) and there were only about half the original dvd selection but my mom and I went nuts. Just about everyone we knew got dvds for christmas last year.

We also go shopping for the after christmas clearance every year!

$29 dvd players? I picked up one for my daughter for her birthday last Oct. and thats all I paid at walmart....regular price. Of course, a few years ago, I guess that could have been considered a steal!

I caught the Black Friday bug when I was 20 and my sister and I went to Kmart and got a $200 diamond tennis bracelet for our mom for $25!!!! It was a mad house people were buying 10-20 of them and they were down to there last 50 and they did a lottery!! My sister and i got a winning ticket :cool1: and now we go every year. It is usually my mom, sister and I and absolutly no kids!!!My husbend knows now he has to take that morning off :rotfl: We split up and we talk on the cell. Each one of us has a list. My sister has 2 kids and I have 4 with numerous nefews and nieces. We are always together at Thanksgiving and so no mater at whose house we do this!!!

DW 33 :earsgirl:
DH 30 :earsboy:
DD 9 princess: Jasmine
DD 8 princess: Ariel
DS 5 pirate: Capt Jack
DD 2 princess: Belle

Last year, I took DD3 to Circuit City about when it opened for the morning. It was so packed I could hardly get the stroller through the crowds of people. Half of the items I purchased had to be returned because it was all not worth the cheap price I paid for it. I had a Polaroid camera and dvd player that both went back. The two things that worked were a Panasonic phone (took lots of effort & time to get the rebate), and a Nexxtech portable dvd player. I did manage to get a new scanner for DH from Radio Shack that worked out well. Unless their are some pretty good deals this year, or something I really need, I'll probably only go out if I get the day off, and not at the crack of dawn. Besides, I stocked up during the year on Yankee Candles and Body Shop stuff. I just need to figure out what new "toy" to get DH and teenage DD's. DD3 has a closetful of surprises from this year's clearances!

Count me in! I've been going to gottadeal.com and getting up at 3am for YEARS! I almost always go by myself! lol No one will go with me!

Yep got the furby, yep got the 99 cent barbies at KayB toys, yep got the laptop, yep got the mp3 last year. hahahahahah

this year I need: digi camera and tv :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter