Black Friday 2006 Buddies Needed for the Best Bargins Yet!!HOME FROM THE TRENCHES!

As I sit here I am almost too tired to reply. Thanksgiving day itself was exhausting... 3 families to go visit and they all live over an hour away from the others, so there was lots of driving too. My mom agreed to keep my kids over night so I go shopping with the crazys.

I was at MicroCenter at 3 am for my 32" LCD HDTV for $369. Actually, I should say my boyfriends. How on earth he managed to talk me into getting up that early and standing in line for his TV is beyond me. When I got there I found about 125 people already lined up. By the time they started handing out vouchers there must have been about 800 people in line. I kid you not. Our MicroCenter is at the atart of a long strip mall, in the end the line was downto the end. My wait was not in vain though. I did manage to get one of the last vouchers for the 32" handed out (they had 2 other sizes too). I then drove to get the voucher to my boyfriend so that he could go pay for it. It was about 5:30 by then.

My next stop was Walmart for the Easy Bake Oven ($10), the Cars Slumber set($15), Dora ABC game (price matched at $3.99), and 24 season 1 (price matched at $16). I was out of there by 6:30 and on to the mall where I basically killed an hour and got nothing. On To Best Buy where I picked up Crash (4.99). Over to Circuit City I go (did not find anything here). I run back home and get there by 9:30 because I realized I forgot an ad that I was going to have Walmart price match. Go back to Walmart pick up High School musical DVD game (price matched 9.99). Head to Old Navy, find 2 camis for $10, these are for me, I've been wanting some to put under sweaters for quite a while. I get a beige and pink one they should match anything. They also give me free gift labels, yay!, one less thing to buy. Over to Kohls I go. They win the award for the worst line of the day, it goes all the way around the store! I get my daughter Big sister Dora (she has been wanting this one forever), a pair of deep turquoise cords, and some Doar hair accessories for her stocking. Grand total 21.54. By this time it's about 12:30and I feel like I'm going to fall over from lack of sleep, so I go to pick my kids up. I took a short nap and visited more with family.

I left my moms at about 3:00 stopped by CVS and Gordmans (both dissapointing). Went over to Target got some Hello Kitty stocking stuffers from the dollar spot, Hello Kitty electric toothbush and toothpaste gift set (4.99), Uno, Go Fishing game (3.99), Jr. Monopoly (7.00), and a pack of 2 blanket sleepers (6.99). I finish the day at Bed Bath and Beyond. I got a pizza stone 4 peice gift set, a euroseal, a little hourglass timer, and a set of 3 silicone basting brushes for 21.00! I finally got home at 7pm and I crashed hard...

This is my first black friday ever and what a day it was. I am now almost done Christmas shopping. I actually should get done today!

Wow! I got tired just reading everywhere you went!

I got up and hit Fred Meyer first. B1G1 socks, books on sale, Mega Blocks princess $14.99, and a shirt for me. I was way to hot and had to change in my car. Imagine at 5 am wearing a short sleeved shirt outside!

Off to Target, nothing there. Pretty disapointed.

Headed to the Disney store and didn't buy a thing! I needed the esmerelda doll that they no longer carry at the store, so I picked that up online along with a $40 fleece through, personalized for $4.99

Sears, flannal sheets for $30 (qeen size), holiday hand towels for $3
Kohls - Huge lines as well here. Candle sticks, Barbie Mermadia for %50 off and little people

Children's place: sweaters, shirts, head bands, purse

Build a Bear, no sale but I had a coupon and some of their bear dollars

Cost Plus - 4 stockings

I know there is more but I am still to tired to think. I need to go to BBaB - I hope they still have a sale going today. Old Navy and JoAnns would be good to go to as well.

Happy weekend!

I just got back - and I went to Ulta for the OPI nail polish, (free with $15 purchase, they gave it to me with the $12.95 4piece stocking stuffer) and I had the $3.50 coupon!

Stopped at Target, most everything was restocked last night, no lines, no mad rush, same pricing.

Same for Sports Authority, and our WalMart - still plenty of Bratz, Ezbakes, etc...

Went to Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics to use the 50% off one item, as well as their 20% of everything!!!

I guess you could say between this and online (Best Buy $12.95 memory Stick 1GB for computer - DS need it for college!) I dont see any reason to get up early!!

(oh and the Best Buy said I could only buy 1 stick - the next night I tried, successfully to buy the 2nd one!!)

I didn't get the mp3 player for my daughter but I did get an extra item. I spent the night at my sisters and we were out around 4 am, drove past best buy and there was no way we were getting in that line! It was the length of best buy, Michaels, a mattress store and office depot and around the corner. Insane I tell ya! So we nixed the Best Buy items which ment my dd didn't get the mp3 player. We had timet o get to walmart and find out where everything was. This store had a map like our usual BF walmart but they had recently remodeled so it really came in handy. Sister went for the digital camera for my dd, which she said she wanted more than an mp3 player anyway, and I went for the gameboy micro, which wasn't a hot item as there were only a few of us in line for it and we didn't even get our own associate to unwrap the plastic so we did it ourselves. Saw a lady get fiesty about the $50 portable dvd players and when I later saw the associate in charge of that aisle he said some lady busted him in the mouth trying to get one. Wonder if it was her?! After getting my gb micro I decided to see if there were any of the portable dvd players left and a lady had grabbed too many so she handed me one. That's the way I like it! No fighting or pushing required! Picked up a few more things and headed to Best Buy, didn't have anything available that I wanted and I wasn't standing in that line for the few dvd's I saw. We stopped a few more places and otehr than an mp3 player I am pretty much done except for the little items.

I got up at 4:30 and had a pot of coffee. Luckily, I was sick with a head cold and went to bed at 5pm on Thanksgiving night (with a little help from nyquil). So I was very well rested for a shopping spree.

I started off my morning by logging onto Gymboree.com for some clothes.

I went over to my organized and non-crazy Wal-mart and got: a crock pot, vacuum, 2 Barbies, Play Doh table, 2 Easy bake Ovens, 2 iDogs, Cabbage Patch beanie, and a Walker/Activity toy. (Grand total $135)

I headed off to TRU, the lines were ENORMOUS, a tv crew was there and I left because I was crunched for time. (I had to be at work by 8:30)

Off I went to the mall. I hit the Childrens Place where I got 2 pair of jeans, a sweater with matching hat, gloves and a stuffed puppy dog, and 5 shirts for $45. No wait at the registers there.

Popped into the Disney Store and bought the Princess popup tent, Little Einstein stuffed animal and Marie stuffed animal, Princess walkie talkies, a tin of puzzles, and 2 little princess dolls. ($70) Thirty minute wait in line and all the Mickey ears were gone by my arrival at 7:45.

Went back to TRU and it was much calmer this visit. I got a Dora Christmas movie, Doll furniture, Playdoh set, and Polly Pocket pack. ($70) There were no free shopping carts at the store even though it wasnt as crowded as earlier, so I did have to lug my load around and the checkout line was maybe 15 minutes long.

Thanks for posting all the great deals. I know it helped me stay more organized. :cheer2:

thanks to all my black friday buddies for all your help with keep this tread up!!! looks like we all did ourselves some financial damage......all retailers reported excellent sales, except for walmart...does that surprise you? not me, crowd was less at walmart this year...

TENIA66 said:
thanks to all my black friday buddies for all your help with keep this tread up!!! looks like we all did ourselves some financial damage......all retailers reported excellent sales, except for walmart...does that surprise you? not me, crowd was less at walmart this year...
I was incredibly surprised by how slow Wal-Mart was. Overall, I think they had some of the better, well rounded discounts for everyone on my shopping list. :confused3 :confused3

CYBER MONDAY DEALS AT WALMART:

We don't know yet exactly what time these will be made available on Monday, but here is the list:

Cashmere Scarf - $16.88
Baby Einstein Caterpillar Gym - $18.68
Baby Einstein Music Bundle - $25.00 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $25.00!
Visco 37" LCD HDTV - $798.00
Hitachi 42" Plasma HDTV Monitor - $1,198.00
Hannspree 15" NBA Basket Ball TV - $168.00
Acer Laptop (Sempron/512/60 GB/DVD Burner) - $498.00
Philips 3 MP Dig Camera w/3x - $49.00
Kodak V570 5MP 5x optical - $218.00
Hitachi DVD Camcorder - $299.00
IC Power 19" LCD - $149.00
RCA Lyra Portable Media Player - $149.00
Phillips 6 GB MP3 w/ Bonus Dock ($50 dock) - $139.52
Emerson 7" Dual Screen Portable DVD Player - $149.00
Nextar 1 GB MP3 - $39.88
JBL OnStage II - $88.00
Garmin I-5 (Monday Only) - $289.00
PS2 Video Games - 3 for $25 - $25.00 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $25.00!
Xbox Video Games - 3 for $25 - $25.00 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $25.00!
Virgin Mobile Switchback w/bonus - $69.00
Starbucks Favorites Gift Basket - $18.22 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $18.22!
Mrs Fields Cookie Basket - $16.88
HoMedics Massager - $19.98 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $19.96!
Houdini Wine Attache Case - $39.88
DeLonghi Expresso/Cappuccino Maker - $39.87 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $39.86!
Ginsu 14 Piece Knife Set - $19.88
1/2 CT Diamond Studs Yellow Gold Earrings - $188.00 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $188.00!
1/2 CT Diamond Studs White Gold Earrings - $188.00 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $188.00!
Diamond Circle Pendant - $199.97
2 ct. Diamond Bracelet - $998.00 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $998.00!
HyperScan w/ Controller - $65.00
Baby Born Bundle - $29.00
Tamagotchi 2 for $20 - $20.00 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $20.00!
Little Touch Leappad Blue - $29.00 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $29.00!
Little Touch Leappad Pink - $29.00 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $29.00!
K'Nex Rippin Rocket Roller Coaster - $35.00
Barbie Guitar - $20.00
Blue Man Group Percussions - $55.00
Rip Roar Video Free Video Recorder (DVR) - $118.00
Meade Jupiter 60 mm Computer Guided Telescope - $59.00 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $59.00!
Suisse Sport 3 Room Tent - $49.00
Robot Chicken Season One - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Smallville: Season One - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Smallville: Season Two - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Smallville: Season Three - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Oz: Season One - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Vol 4 - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Mind of the Married Man: Season One - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
One Tree Hill: Season One - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
One Tree Hill: Season Two - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Friends: Season One - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Friends: Season Two - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Friends: Season Three - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Gilmore Girls: Season One - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Gilmore Girls: Season Two - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!
Gilmore Girls: Season Three - $19.86 - AVAILABLE NOW FOR $15.88!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter