Bittersweet trip last one before DH leaves... again

Oooh can't wait to hear what your birthday surprise is! :yay: Happy Birthday early! :bday:

Sounds like you guys have a great trip planned! I love the idea of having your photos taken - and the outside photographer you were considering was fantastic! We just had our family photos taken by a photographer here, and now I'm kind of wishing we'd waited until our trip next month!

Glad to hear you're giving Mama Melrose a try. I know it's gotten some kind of mixed reviews here on the DIS, but my husband and I went a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Granted, we're not huge foodies or anything, but everything we had tasted good, the atmosphere was fun, and the service was great. Hope you have a good experience, too:)

Oooh can't wait to hear what your birthday surprise is! :yay: Happy Birthday early! :bday:

Thank you!

Sounds like you guys have a great trip planned! I love the idea of having your photos taken - and the outside photographer you were considering was fantastic! We just had our family photos taken by a photographer here, and now I'm kind of wishing we'd waited until our trip next month!

Glad to hear you're giving Mama Melrose a try. I know it's gotten some kind of mixed reviews here on the DIS, but my husband and I went a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Granted, we're not huge foodies or anything, but everything we had tasted good, the atmosphere was fun, and the service was great. Hope you have a good experience, too:)

:welcome: to our PTR! I am glad I keep hearing good things about Mama Melrose. I think people on the dis have very high expectations for theme park food ;). We haven't had anything that thought was terrible in our WDW trips. We won't go back to certain restaurants because we don't think are worth wasting a food credit, but that happens in real life too. You try something new and sometimes it is good sometimes it is bad.

Sorry I didn't come back yesterday, but I will post two days today to get all caught up.

I had a wonderful weekend. Let's go back to Friday morning when DH said he was going to go get breakfast. Well he came back with only breakfast :confused3 and we had breakfast in bed (that is what i thought). Then he told me I have to change because I have an appointment at the Spa :banana:. So i left and when I got there they told me I was schedule to have 90 min massage and a pedicure and manicure. The massage was wonderful and my hips are feeling a million times better. This week I am going to make time to go back to the doctor and have them send me to the chiropractor. After I got out of the spa I came home and the house was decorated in with balloons and streamers and there was a gift in the table. It was this, this and this. I got Ariel she is one of my favorite princess. I wish snow white and rapunzel would be part of the collection. My big gift this year was an iPhone, but we talk to DH and decided to wait until the 5 comes out, it is supposed to be next month. DH told me to change because we needed to leave soon. We left and he took me to a very nice park and we had a nice picnic. When he left to get breakfast he went to pick up all the stuff for the picnic that is why it took him so long. After the picnic we went shopping and I really didn't found anything I wanted :eek: that is very rare when that happens. Then we had dinner and when we got home I blew the candles on some ice creme cupcakes from cold stone :thumbsup2. Then Saturday we just hand out an watched movies in the morning and I was feeling very sad that DH is leaving soon. I knew reality was setting in and it was not going to be good. All of a sudden I started bawling, after the good cry I felt better. Then we went out to dinner with BFF and her DH. We had such a great time as always. We all get along so great, I can't wait to go to Disney with them.

Ok back to the trip.

Day 4
October 7th

First thing we have schedule is breakfast at Kouzzina by Cat Cora. We are going to TL and they don't open until 10 so we have a little more time to sleep this morning. After breakfast we are going back to the CBR and changing to our bathing suits and heading to TL. We never been to TL we have been to BB and we had a great time. We will have some CS for lunch and we probably leave around 3. That will give us enough time to go back take a quick shower and head over to shades of green, because we have a couples massage schedule at 5. After the massage we will head to Downtown Disney and maybe spend a few hours in DQ. We have reservations at the T-rex café at 9:00. Then we will call it a day.

Day 5
October 8th

We don't have many plans for this day. We are going back to Epcot and are going to be there at RD. We don't have any ADR's schedule we figure we will have so many booths to try for the F&W festival we might not be too hungry. We are staying for the Boyz II Men concert and then we will probably take off and go to jellyrolls. We might be too tired and instead go back and get some sleep.

:eek: What a fabulous birthday! Massage AND a mani/pedi AND the Disney gifts? AND a PICNIC ... then DINNER ... with CUPCAKES? :faint: This is for your DH: :worship:

Even after such a fabulous day, I understand your getting upset. I don't know what it's like, but it has to be difficult for you, knowing that he's leaving soon. :hug: :hug: :hug: Please thank him for his service for our country - it is very much appreciated. Thank you, too.

I'll be interested to know what you think of TL. DH and I have been considering doing one of the water parks on our next trip. Hope you both enjoy the couples massage. What a great way to spend some down time together! :lovestruc

Day 6
Ocotber 9th

We are waking up early and going to DHS. We have lunch ADR's at 50's prime, we are exited to eat there again it is so much fun. We might or might not go back to the resort and take a nap. We are staying late to see Fantasmic.

:eek: What a fabulous birthday! Massage AND a mani/pedi AND the Disney gifts? AND a PICNIC ... then DINNER ... with CUPCAKES? :faint: This is for your DH: :worship:

Even after such a fabulous day, I understand your getting upset. I don't know what it's like, but it has to be difficult for you, knowing that he's leaving soon. :hug: :hug: :hug: Please thank him for his service for our country - it is very much appreciated. Thank you, too.

I'll be interested to know what you think of TL. DH and I have been considering doing one of the water parks on our next trip. Hope you both enjoy the couples massage. What a great way to spend some down time together! :lovestruc

Aww thanks it was a wonderful birthday. We had a great time at BB last time. I think TL will be as fun.

Day 6
Ocotber 9th

We are waking up early and going to DHS. We have lunch ADR's at 50's prime, we are exited to eat there again it is so much fun. We might or might not go back to the resort and take a nap. We are staying late to see Fantasmic.

Hope you have fun at 50's. That was the one ADR DH convinced me to give up for our "free day." I'm totally jealous that you're getting to go!

My Disney binder is almost done, I will post pictures later today. As of today our Disney trip is paid completely :).

Things that are done
-I have a deposit down for our Universal hotel
-I also gave the deposit for the photographer
-We join and photo pass share and paid that too
-Made our reservations for the F&W and paid for that
-Bought the MNSSHP tickets

Things left to do
-Buy costumes for the MNSSHP
-Shop for clothes and shoes
-Finish reading the guides
-Make the car rental reservations
-Make dinning reservations Universal
-Buy Universal tickets

Day 7
October 10th

We are starting our day early with ADR's for Kona cafe ( we can't wait for some tonga toast). After breakfast we are heading for RD at the MK. We are planning on having CS for lunch and maybe leave for a nap and come back for wishes. We have reservations at The Plaza for dinner. That is the end of our day.

Ok I lied :crazy2: I didn't post pictures of the folder yesterday. I forgot that Disney movies were being released, so instead we had to drive to the store and get them and well then we had to watch them;). No we didn't watch them all, just no enough time in one day.

I got and interesting call from MIL this morning and she might want to join us on our Disney trip :scared:. I am not close to MIL, we have an ok relationship. DH is also not very close to MIL she is a bit... well controlling. MIL wants to come visit before DH leaves and had no idea we were going to Disney until she called this morning and wanted to come visit the same week we are leaving, so I had to tell her. Just what we need, more guest to join us on this trip. I am pretty sure Dh would not let that happen. We will see what happens.

I will post pictures of the folder today. I am very exited how it came out.

Day 8
October 11th

We are going back to Epcot. We don't have any ADR's plan. Now let me tell you we still have 4 CS and 2 TS credits left and I just don't know where I am going to fit more eating. We will probably end up using some CS this day, but we have to keep in mind the F&W festival will be going on and we love those pastries in France. We will probably end up leaving Epcot early and hoping to DDD to watch a movie or go back to DQ.

Ok as promise here are the photos of my almost completely finish binder.

IMAG1109-1.jpg

IMAG1110-1.jpg

The first divider says plans. On the left every pocket has a park. I will put our touring plan and schedule for the day there. The other two parks are in the back pockets.

IMAG1111.jpg

Budget

IMAG1112.jpg

WDW resort info

IMAG1113-1.jpg

ADRs

IMAG1114.jpg

Transportation

IMAG1115.jpg

MK

IMAG1116.jpg

Epcot

IMAG1118.jpg

AK

IMAG1119.jpg

HS

IMAG1120.jpg

Universal. I still have to buy two pockets to add the daily stuff for each of their parks. It will go under this section.

And there is one more divider that says everything else that for some reason the picture is not uploading.

Here is how I put together my folder.
I order the folder from the Disneystore.com you can customize it. Cost including shipping was $25 I use a discount code.
Then I choose the images and print them out, laminated them and added the tabs.

I also went shopping today and I found something really cute and exiting for our trip. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Congratulations on having the WDW portion paid in full! :yay: :woohoo:

Uhhh did I read that right? MIL wants to join you? :scared: From everything I've read about your DH, I agree with you 100% - I just don't see him letting her join in. Make sure you keep us updated on the details of that little snafu.

LOVE the binder! ::yes:: Very cool! I had no idea you could order them and have them customized. The last two trips, I've just done a basic white binder and added my own plain divider pages. Yours is really a keepsake, though.

Can't wait to see pics of your latest shopping trip! :hyper:

Joining in on this TR ^_^ Im loving everything about this so far! Your husband seems so sweet! The binder is really cute as well. Cant wait to read more!:thumbsup2

Ok DH has been gone a few days now and he will be gone for about month. For security reasons I can't really give any details or post any dates, that is why you will hear of things after they happen. I am heartbroken that he is gone :sad1:. We have done this before, but every time is always different since this was kind of last minute it has been a little harder to grasp the concept that he is actually going to be gone for such a long time again. D-day is getting closer and I am worry that the only thing I am going to be thinking the whole trip is that he is leaving. On the bright side I will have so much extra time this month to get caught up in the guides reading and preparing for our trip.

DH so cute, before he left he put digital copies of our disney movies in his iPad to watch while he is away. I am sure the brainwashing of making love Disney has worked!

So the MIL news aren't good, before I could even talk to DH I got an email form her it was her tickets confirmation for their flight to Orlando :scared1:. Once DH heard about it he was upset, but he does want to see them before he leaves and we love FIL. I guess we are kind of stuck with it, however we are not changing any of our plans for them. They can join us or stay back. They will join us the 13th and leave with us.

Wait it gets better on top of it all they are expecting to stay in our hotel room. Of course that is were I draw the line. That is not happening they can get their own room (they can afford it).

Day 9
October 12th​

This is our last day at Disney :(. Don't you hate it when it ends? ugh. This will be an early morning we have to get ready for our photo session. The location I think I am going to keep it a secret until our trip report. After that we are going to the MK and we have reservations for lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern. The rest of the day We will just hang out at the MK and soak it all in to last until next time. We have to go back to the room and pack to leave early in the morning to Universal.

Congratulations on having the WDW portion paid in full! :yay: :woohoo:

Uhhh did I read that right? MIL wants to join you? :scared: From everything I've read about your DH, I agree with you 100% - I just don't see him letting her join in. Make sure you keep us updated on the details of that little snafu.

LOVE the binder! ::yes:: Very cool! I had no idea you could order them and have them customized. The last two trips, I've just done a basic white binder and added my own plain divider pages. Yours is really a keepsake, though.

Can't wait to see pics of your latest shopping trip! :hyper:

That was my same reaction to the MIL thing! I didn't know you could customize the binders either until I started looking for one for our trip. Here is the link to the Disney store there are a few other movies binders. I did the divider pages and it didn't take too much time. Just got the images from the internet and downloaded walt font. If you are looking for a cheaper option Waltmart has some binders now for back to school, there were some Minnie and Mickey ones that were cute.

Joining in on this TR ^_^ Im loving everything about this so far! Your husband seems so sweet! The binder is really cute as well. Cant wait to read more!:thumbsup2

:welcome: I am exited to have more people joining us.

Ok so yesterday I went to hallmark to buy a birthday gift and I found something great for our trip.

IMAG1125.jpg

IMAG1124.jpg

IMAG1127.jpg

It will be great for our drive down:thumbsup2. It was $12.96 before tax.

I also got new shoes for all the walking we will be doing .

IMAG1129.jpg

And I finally got the guide I order a while ago.

IMAG1130.jpg

the shoes are super cute and that game looks like fun! that's definitely something i need to pick up for when my bf and I go in May. I had no idea hallmark sold those lol. I've seen that guidebook in the bookstore before, but i've never read it lol. Maybe I should one day :)

Love the binder!! I hope your in-laws make reservations for a different room. Love that cup. I didn't know Hallmark had those. You know I am going to totally go look this weekend at the Hallmark store to see if they have them. I always get new sneakers for Disney. Very cute the ones you got.

Love the binder and the guidebook. I think I have that downloaded on my kindle fire. LOL!!

I can totally sympathize with you on the MIL thing. We spent exactly 1/2 a day with my MIL at Disney. It was miserable. She complained because it was hot. Her feet hurt, etc. Anything to complain about she did. I swore then that we would only do Disney alone. LOL!!

Good for you for standing your ground on the hotel though. That's just rude to assume that you are going to stay in the same room as someone else.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter