Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

Hey GB,

Great update! The pic of all the kids with their ears on was adorable!

Too bad Stitch freaked Preston out so bad. Snow White did that to my daughter many years ago, and had a problem with everything else the whole trip.

And no FIREWORKS??!! Blasphemy!

Hmmm, an "accidental" EMH. I can't wait to see how THAT happened!

Nana Biscuit, you rock:goodvibes!! I don't blame Hailee for picking Minnie as her favorite!! She's a cutie pie!! Biscuit, more great pictures!!:thumbsup2

I can't believe how well the kids are doing on their first night!! Naps are such a great thing!

Curious about the emh!! How tall is Hailee bye the way? My grandson tells me every day that he KNOWS he has grown enough to go on Splash and EE....awww not quite buddy, you have about 3 or 4 inches to go!:mad: (His reaction)!

2 of my 3 favorite MK rides! :thumbsup2 Your girls are super cute!
2 out of 3 aint bad! And thinks! (I’m biased you know.)

an accidental EMH? I can't wait!
Update coming soon!

woohoo on a good evening! Stitch is going to give Disney a bad name :sad1:
I’m telling you. I got off that ride going “What were they thinking?”

Maybe Disney will read enough on here how awful Stitch is, and replace him in the near future. Poor Stitch, I love the show, but have listened to much wisdom on other's TRs and never ridden the ride!
Good call. I usually still try out poorly reviewed places just to get my own opinion on them. (Dining wise, it served me well this trip.) But in this case, I gotta say, I whish I had just taken everyone’s word on it.

I was an updated behind - so I just read about your MAGICAL evening at CM! I'm so glad it was a great meal for you all! The smiles on your girls' faces were precious. We had AMAZING character interaction there - it was an awful night for us, but the characters alone turned that night around. :thumbsup2 (Not sure if you read that TR, or not?)
I don’t think I read that one, but now you got me all curious and stuff so I guess I’ll have to do some digging.

And wow! Tons of rides at MK! Smart on hitting the rides between Spectro and Wishes. Poor Preston not liking fireworks and being scared during Stitch though. :guilty:
Yeah, we don’t really talk about Stitch anymore.

I haven't ridden JC at night-I've read many times it's a whole new experience!
It was really cool. We all definitely enjoyed it.

Hi GB, been away for a bit. Just caught up.
First time I experienced the World, I was 24. First character interatction was at O'Hana. When i hugged Minnie I cried. Didn't know she was my fav either. Your pics brought a tear. Your TR a giggle and sigh.
Can't wait for more. :thumbsup2
Hey Burly! Welcome back! Gotta love a good Minnie interaction!

I'm getting caught up....

Stitch's Great Escape....How about we want to escape the ride....I agree with you 100 percent....now I gotta go back and read the rest.
That’s definitely a good description.

Hey GB,

Great update! The pic of all the kids with their ears on was adorable!

Too bad Stitch freaked Preston out so bad. Snow White did that to my daughter many years ago, and had a problem with everything else the whole trip.
Yikes! We had a Snow White adventure later in the trip. But that’s getting ahead of myself.

And no FIREWORKS??!! Blasphemy!
Tell me about it!

Hmmm, an "accidental" EMH. I can't wait to see how THAT happened!
One thing you should know by now is that if there is an accident to be had, I’m gonna find it.

Nana Biscuit, you rock:goodvibes!! I don't blame Hailee for picking Minnie as her favorite!! She's a cutie pie!! Biscuit, more great pictures!!:thumbsup2
Thanks!

I can't believe how well the kids are doing on their first night!! Naps are such a great thing!
I was SO happy First Lady Biscuit insisted on naps. I made the evening go by with much less drama.

Curious about the emh!! How tall is Hailee bye the way? My grandson tells me every day that he KNOWS he has grown enough to go on Splash and EE....awww not quite buddy, you have about 3 or 4 inches to go!:mad: (His reaction)!
Hailee is 40 inches exactly when she wears her brown sandals and I put her ponytail on top. (I experimented before the trip so I could make sure she could ride Soarin!)

Hailee is 40 inches exactly when she wears her brown sandals and I put her ponytail on top. (I experimented before the trip so I could make sure she could ride Soarin!)[/QUOTE]

GB, your parenting skills are unparallelled. My Father (God Bless Yoda Bueller's little heart...) would no more have BEEN ABLE to do my hair than fly to the Moon! I am truly impressed!

GB, your parenting skills are unparallelled. My Father (God Bless Yoda Bueller's little heart...) would no more have BEEN ABLE to do my hair than fly to the Moon! I am truly impressed!
:lmao: First Lady Biscuit was VERY patient in teaching me. I always got Tahli ready for school so Tracy didn't have to get up as early. I can't do anything fancy, but I can slap in a regular or inverted pony tail with the best of em! (Now, anything involving a part down the middle, well that just befuddles me.) Tahli actually had about 6 inches cut off her hair right before our trip becuase she likes to wear her hair down. I'm still not quite used to it. Makes my baby look older. Don't know how to feel about that.

That’s right. I took a kid who has a massive fear of fireworks, and as an alternative, ensured he’d be harnessed into a seat and subjected to ungodly noises, flashes, odors and darkness. Even though it was clearly marked on my list as a Parent’s Strongly Cautioned ride. Yep. That’s what I did alright. :sad2:

Uh oh...

The terror began almost immediately.

Poor kid:hug:

In the words of Tahli, “That was dumb.” Well said baby girl, well said.

THat is one smart listtle girl you have there GB ::yes::

As it turns out, Buzz was a roaring success.

:thumbsup2

By the end of the week, I didn’t even ask anymore. Whenever we passed a restroom, I just stopped and waited.

You can be trained...I'm impressed;)

Coming up on Episode 55, an Accidental EMH

popcorn::popcorn::

Went away for the weekend and came back to a great update. Can't wait to here more!

They’d have needed a shoehorn, a bucket of grease and an angry goat to get one more person in that car.
Am I the only one picturing this in my mind... complete with 5-legged goat from the mosaic?! :rotfl2:

That’s right. I took a kid who has a massive fear of fireworks, and as an alternative, ensured he’d be harnessed into a seat and subjected to ungodly noises, flashes, odors and darkness. Even though it was clearly marked on my list as a Parent’s Strongly Cautioned ride. Yep. That’s what I did alright.
:scared: I see no happy ending in sight for this one...
The terror began almost immediately. It was bad. VERY VERY BAD.
Yep, that's what I figured. :sad1:
In the words of Tahli, “That was dumb.” Well said baby girl, well said.
:rotfl: She's got it, spot-on!

Hailee was especially enamored with the side stages. She kept pointing them out and saying “Look Daddy! The room changes!” Ahh…the simple things.
:goodvibes I may or may not also still point out the changing side rooms - to whomever is sitting next to me. :teeth:
The day is not yet departed! Oh no my friends! There is still plenty of magic in store!

For real?! I can't believe you haven't all passed out at this point - WTG! :cheer2:

Am I the only one picturing this in my mind... complete with 5-legged goat from the mosaic?! :rotfl2:
How did I miss the 5 legged goat? That demands a return visit right there.

I see no happy ending in sight for this one...

Yep, that's what I figured.
It did not end well. :sad2:

:goodvibes I may or may not also still point out the changing side rooms - to whomever is sitting next to me. :teeth:
Gotta love some COP.

For real?! I can't believe you haven't all passed out at this point - WTG! :cheer2:
I was a bit surprised myself!

Episode 55 - An Accidental EMH

When we left the Jungle Cruise it was past midnight. I knew it was Extra Magic Hour that evening in the Magic Kingdom, but we had not planned on staying. The girls saw Aladdin’s Magic Carpet Ride though and wanted to hit it up. I was still thinking you had to have a wristband for EMH, but was happy to discover that all we needed were our room keys. I dug them out and we immediately boarded our carpet. Tracy and I had the girls in one carpet and Nana & Janna were behind us. Preston did not want to ride so he and Papa stayed behind.

The ride started up and the girls were having a great time. I then looked back and noticed that Nana and Janna were still all the way down at the bottom, while all the other carpets were up in the air. I also noticed that they were just sitting there. After a bit, I hollered down to them “Use the Stick!” They then started laughing and were soon sailing high. Mom later advised they thought theirs was broken because it didn’t go anywhere. Wow…a teacher and a lawyer. I’m pretty sure there’s a joke in there somewhere…but I value my life so I’m not gonna make it.

ANYWAY, once we were done sailing in a circle, the girls wanted to continue the trend with a ride on the carousel. No prob Bob, we’ll head that way. Cause now I got crazy mad EMH skills. Of course once we rounded the corner to Fantasyland, the kids saw It’s a Small World again and they all wanted to go back on it. No worries. I can dig it.

As we were going through the queue, I had to pause and take a shot of the lights.

(Specifically a row of ellipsoidals)

:mic: These suckers haven’t been used in a LONG time. Is there a reason that they can’t at least be dusted? I mean seriously. You couldn’t turn them on now if you wanted to. It’d be a fire hazard. This is just sad. If nothing else, haul ‘em over the Haunted Mansion. At least there, they’d fit in. No point in leaving them where they are, it’s just an eyesore. Surely it wouldn’t be that difficult to stick a ladder up and fetch them down. I do it all the time at church. Sheesh. I am now dismounting my soapbox. Thank you for listening.

We walked right through to a boat and were soon cruising the happy waters of the little world for the second time that day.

After our cruise, we headed to Cinderella’s Golden Carousel and walked right on for another ride. Hailee wanted a pink horse and Tahli wanted purple. I stood and took photos which didn’t really turn out.

Even with naps, I knew we were starting to push the envelope a bit, so we decided to go get something to snack on, and then head back to the Pop Century. We meandered through the castle and I paused for a couple of pics.

I led us to Main Street USA and into the virtually empty Casey’s. I ordered us up some sodas to wash our blues away and Nana grabbed the young un’s some corn dog bites.

We sat and watched the castle a bit and reflected on our first day so far. The kids regaled us with their tales of magic and they all three agreed that It’s A Small World was thus far their favorite. (I was campaigning for Buzz myself.)

As we sat and chatted, Hailee grew more and more grumpy and it was obvious that she had run out of gas. After the snacks were consumed and our thirst properly quenched, we gathered up our gear, bussed our table and headed back to the front gate. I picked Hailee up and after she laid her head on my shoulder, she quickly fell asleep. I vividly remember walking down Main Street that night carrying my daughter, with the music playing softly in the background and simply smiling from ear to ear. I grinned all they way to the bus stop. This had been a fantastic start to our trip. I couldn’t WAIT to see what all the rest of the week had in store.

Nana & Aunt Janna took the ferry back to the Magic Kingdom Parking lot, while the rest of us grabbed ourselves some bus. We were in a standing room only bus and I somehow managed to balance Hailee, my backpack and myself as we lurched back to the resort. Preston was holding onto a pole and within 5 min, was leaning his head into it, sound asleep on his feet. (Poor kid!) By the time we reached our resort, I pretty well had no feeling left in my arm. It was so crowded, I really couldn’t adjust Hailee around in there. When we finally managed to disembark, I rearranged her so I could make it back to the room. Tracy offered to carry the backpack, but she was still limping, plus the backpack actually helped maintain my balance while carrying Hailee.

Tahli (our little night owl) was of course asking to go swimming as soon as she caught sight of the Hippy Dippy. We got back to the room and I was happy to see all our luggage lined up in a nifty little row. I got the girls settled in bed, but it wasn’t time for me to crash just yet.

I powered up the laptop and dumped all the photos from the day off of my digital camera. After about 20 min, Nana and Janna arrived so I dumped the photos from her Kodak Easy Share as well. I repeated this every night, dumping the photos into a separate folder for each day, and backing them up on a flash drive JUST IN CASE.

After Tracy and I had each gotten cleaned up from a day of sweat and sunscreen, we did a little bit of the unpacking to help make the following morning a bit easier. Finally, it was time to crash. I went to bed happy and full of anticipation for the week that was to come.

Coming up on Episode 56 – Nice shirts! So who’s Biscuit?

Last edited:
Oooh, I was so excited to come home this afternoon and see you'd left us an update! Just what I needed to perk up my day - my youngest just started Kindergarten Thursday and it's such a bummer being here by myself. Great Biscuit and his magical Disney TR to the rescue!:worship:

That's great that the kids stayed up as late as they did! I really enjoyed the one MK EMH we did at night. No lines, almost no one in Adventureland, it was weird in a good way!

Here's hoping Tracy's foot improves.

Oooh, I was so excited to come home this afternoon and see you'd left us an update! Just what I needed to perk up my day - my youngest just started Kindergarten Thursday and it's such a bummer being here by myself. Great Biscuit and his magical Disney TR to the rescue!:worship:
Wow, I can't believe school started so early! Hailee start kindergarten in 3 weeks.

YAY for a c.ontinued great day. I'm so happy for you.
Thanks! It was an awesome start!

That's great that the kids stayed up as late as they did! I really enjoyed the one MK EMH we did at night. No lines, almost no one in Adventureland, it was weird in a good way!

Here's hoping Tracy's foot improves.
I gotta say we LOVED evening EMH. It was our favorite time of the day. We are all night owls so that helps. Have fun at DL!

Okay GB I am taking notes...so no Stitch at all... and Buzz is good. We didn't do either of those rides last time and I'm looking forward to trying Buzz on our trip. I CAN'T believe your girls did so well staying up so late! That's amazing! Even with naps my girls would have melted...the youngest would become Stitch like and the oldest is the world's best drama queen...they do not handle tired well at all. I love the lawyer/teacher almost joke...it could be a good one but if I was in your shoes I wouldn't complete the thought either. Sorry you guys had to miss Wishes but it sounds like you had a blast regardless. Looking foward to more!

Whew....I'm all caught up again!

Great updates! Your pictures are awesome! The girls look so excited. I love it!

What a perfect ending to the day. A little EMH late night mojo and carrying ur DD down Main St......doesn't get much better than that.

I'll look for the lights at Small World in Feb.....just to see if they've gotten to them yet.

I dig your camera angles with the castle...:thumbsup2

The ride started up and the girls were having a great time. I then looked back and noticed that Nana and Jana were still all the way down at the bottom, while all the other carpets were up in the air. I also noticed that they were just sitting there. After a bit, I hollered down to them “Use the Stick!” They then started laughing and were soon sailing high. Mom later advised they thought theirs was broken because it didn’t go anywhere. Wow…a teacher and a lawyer. I’m pretty sure there’s a joke in there somewhere…but I value my life so I’m not gonna make it.

that is priceless. truly. :rotfl2:

We meandered through the castle and I paused for a couple of pics.

DSC00950.jpg

(Sony Cybershot DSC-S700, Auto Mode)

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

I led us to Main Street USA and into the virtually empty Casey’s. I ordered us up some sodas to wash our blues away and Nana grabbed the young un’s some corn dog bites.

DSC00954.jpg

(Kodak Easy Share C713, Auto Mode)

I vividly remember walking down Main Street that night carrying my daughter, with the music playing softly in the background and simply smiling from ear to ear. I grinned all they way to the bus stop. This had been a fantastic start to our trip. I couldn’t WAIT to see what all the rest of the week had in store.

And I can't wait to read about it. What a lovely lovely update, fabulous pictures and a magical, accidental EMH.

Sending positive vibes though for the first lady's foot. It worries me.

I don’t think I read that one, but now you got me all curious and stuff so I guess I’ll have to do some digging.

It was our November trip, the "Up Down and All Around!" Beware. Not all parts are pleasant. :rolleyes1

CM was our first night. Nightmare turned into wonderful memory! Only Disney can do that! :rolleyes:

Makes my baby look older. Don't know how to feel about that.

I understand this lament. Every time we cut Henry's hair he grows up. Sigh.

DSC00954.jpg

(Kodak Easy Share C713, Auto Mode)

I have to admit. This is my favorite part of your update. ;)

42 days and you are mine.

What a great evening!! You guys really got a lot done that day-your girls are troopers on staying up so late. I laughed when Thali asked to go swimming! :rotfl2: Aw, kids are so fun!

I find it a bit irritating no one gave their seat to you on the bus though. You were holding a child and a bag! :sad2: I know how it is to carry the dead weight of a child--ugh--and mine isn't even 2 yet!! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter