Biggest Loser--SUMMER 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!

QOTD Thursday September 8, 2011:

Compliment the person who posted just before you.
Give some encouragement/motivation/etc.
If you don't know them, make something up!:goodvibes

Dona is a hardworking, dedicated teacher. She goes above and beyond for her students and family. She never wastes a moment!:teacher:

Have a great day all!

Dona is a hardworking, dedicated teacher. She goes above and beyond for her students and family. She never wastes a moment!:teacher:

Have a great day all!

Shawn moved to Germany for a few years, which would be way out of my comfort zone! She moved back to the US this summer and has made more progress on unpacking the 171+ boxes that arrived at her house than most people would! She has also been a great coach this week. :goodvibes

shawn - how is your DS adjusting to his new school? i remember there were some issues - getting any better?

I had Ethnic Gourmet Pad Thai with Tofu. Which is pretty tasty for a frozen meal. It is more expensive, too, but still way less than fast food and much better calorie wise, too. :cool2:

must find those. sounds yummy!

QOTD: I had some grapes and then a use up the leftovers burrito: last of the refried beans, last of the corn, almost last of the rice and some cheese. !

mmm burrito...i need to not come on here before breakfast!

You know, I am a 42C and I'm okay with that. Believe it or not, that is the one thing I don't want to lose!

i wear a 32 DDD and once the baby comes these bad boys will get even bigger. ugh. i would love to be a B or C!

QOTD: i hope i get this posted before someone else posts about gretchen. i'm really proud of her for doing these challenges and starting a healthy lifestyle so early in life. i think we all wish we could go back to our college age self and tell ourselves that we just cannot eat the way we were eating! i was a skinny minnie back then and thought that 8,000 beers a week was totally ok and that if i just ran a little i'd be fine. nope! gretchen is hardworking - doing college AND holding a job AND being healthy AND is musical (i'm not...at all! although i did play flute for years and years but i was bad). she has a great relationship with her mom that i truly envy. :hug: keep up the good work gretchen!

Nancy is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She bravely did her first half marathon (the Princess) on her own this year and met a bunch of crazy people she had only talked to on the internet. :lmao: She is funny and great wife and mother. One of the things I like best about Nancy is that she never gives up and even though she is pregnant she still keeps up her healthy lifestyle. ::yes:: Nancy is a great friend! :flower3:

Wow, we are chatty right down to the end!:goodvibes Don't forget that tomorrow is our last day on this thread and Friday starts the Fall challenge thread! Are you ready?:goodvibes

I'm ready, but I hate meeting new people! Will someone help me out if I end up hiding in a corner???

:cool1: I'm a 40C and would love to be a 40B. You must feel so much better!

All this talk about b**bs. I hate mine! I was a nice healthy 34-36 B through high school and college (but, of course, thought I was too small at the time). Then gained some weight after getting married and progressed to a "C". Throw in two pregnancies, breast feeding, and being 80+ pounds overweight and I ended up, at my biggest, a 42 DD!!! Never in my LIFE would I have imagined that!

Lost the weight and the inches, but not the cup size. I'm now down to a 34 (sometimes a 32, depending on the bra) "D". But things have sagged and changed and I don't fill the "D" like I should.... so I have to buy VS bras that have some padding to kind of take up the slack....:laughing: But I can't seem to go down to a C. Oh well. At least with a good bra on my chest still looks good! Not deflated, like it does without clothes (think clementine in the toe of a sock...;) )..... OKAY... that is probably TMI for most of you!!!:rotfl2:

Another busy day for me. Work 7-2, home working on boxes 3-4:30, gym 4:30-5:30, cooked dinner, cleaned kitchen and after this I need to hit the shower so I'll be ready to hit the door in the morning. One of my favorite stores is having a cyber owl sale starting at 11:00 tonight. Tempted to stay up late but probably won't.

Dona, you are such a dedicated teacher. Glad they got the air going for you!

See you all in the morning! Our last day with "just us". It looks like we'll have lots of new folks joining us on the Fall challenge. I have a fun question planned for our last day:wizard:

Another super busy day and you made it to the gym again! You've been a GREAT coach with SUPER questions! Thanks so much!

I had Ethnic Gourmet Pad Thai with Tofu. Which is pretty tasty for a frozen meal. It is more expensive, too, but still way less than fast food and much better calorie wise, too. :cool2:

MMMM... that does sound tasty.

I did my ten things on Sunday. Actually it was more like 20. I was putting laundry away and ran out of hangers. :sad2: I took that as a sign from the cosmos that some things could be purged from the closet and filled up two trash bags for Salvation Army. :hippie:

That has been my rule for a long time. I used to just keep buying hangers, but that was ridiculous. If I run out of hangers when the laundry is clean now, (other than searching DD's room, which is where they usually end up), I start filling bags for the GW! We do NOT need so many clothes!! Now I try to stick with the one-in-one-out rule for myself and DS (the two places where I actually have some control), but for DD and DH, it isn't so easy. That said, I took a HUGE black trash bag of DH's stuff to the GW last week. HE has lost about 75 pounds since his accident last fall and has been buying new clothes (but of course, not getting rid of stuff). So, knowing what size he was buying, I went into the closet and pulled out every pair of pants that was bigger than that, stacked them up with an nice note asking him to go through them, and when he FINALLY did it (almost 4 weeks later :confused3 ), OUT THE DOOR they went!! Next up I need to do that with his jeans and business suits. Of course, he needs to have a couple of good suits in hand, even though he doesn't wear them every day any more, so that will probably mean a shopping trip. I'm SURE that every one of his suits will have to go.

I feel your pain on the homework thing, Shawn. :hug: We are having some homework adjustments here, too. Like I was in the car waiting to go yesterday and was informed someone needed help typing a paper that was due yesterday. :rolleyes1 He's had his one free shot now so it will be a zero next time. :headache: Unfortunately the school of hard knocks seems to be most effective for this guy. :sad2:

Have a great evening all! :flower3:

DAng it! Why do the boys have to learn the hard way!!?? But glad my DS isn't the only one!!

Here I was thinking DS was off to a great start this year, when he informs me that he got a "60" in one of his classes on Tuesday during a binder check. I mean, GEESH..... all he had to do over the ENTIRE holiday weekend was to put in some labeled dividers and some filler paper and he would have gotten 100!! Of course, he claims that this was a "pop" check and he "was never told" that his binder needed to be ready by this week.... yada, yada, blah, blah. So sick of the "they never told me" excuse from him! And he didn't learn from it at all!! That night I went OUT OF MY WAY to be sure we stopped at Target to pick up some more dividers. Then I practically had to DRAG him into the kitchen to be sure they were labeled, etc. Then, when I asked him if he had done EVERYTHING he needed for the binders he said "YES".... when I could CLEARLY see he hadn't put in ANY filler paper (which is clearly stated was needed on EVERY SINGLE BINDER PREP HANDOUT!!!!!!:headache: ) I think it's going to be a loooooong year. :rolleyes:

Thank you guys for all the well wishes. We are up now after only 4 hours sleep so hopefully ds will fall asleep during the eeg. We'll leave here about 6, to give us plenty of time.

Gretchen- That is a common symptom you described and michael's was similar. The right side of his face was jerking and spasm-ing and he couldn't talk, and then his speech was slurred and he was drooling for a few minutes. He did not lose conciousness so that is a good thing. He did say it happened once before a while ago but not as bad, so he never said anything about it to me. I'm glad your brother is well controlled now on his meds, but it must have been very frightening for you to be alone with him. :hug:

Deb-:hug: a grand mal is so scary. I"m so glad Hunter has done so well.

Sue- I was home with him and we were eating lunch when it happened, so I called the doctor right away and they sent us to the er. He was amazingly calm during it. And got mad when I said we had to go to the Er on his last day of vacation, and once we got there, he got upset and scared, but he did so well at the hospital.

I'll let you all know how things go today. thanks again for the prayers and well wishes. :hug:

Walking on the TM and praying today after I get off here. Please let us know anything asap.:hug:

Have a great day all!

Okay.... the person above me was Lisa, but I had been reading for a while, so I'm not sure if that is still the case. I'm gonna post this and then come back and talk about LISA if she is still the person directly above me! Otherwise, watch out!.............p

Yup, it's her!!!

Lisa is a SUPER hardworker! She has a career that she seems to enjoy and is good at..... plus she had a really cute Disney-fied office space!

She is a great coach here for our BL and goes out of her way to be sure that she talks to everyone!

She is an active member of our thread here as well as the Princess thread. I look forward to reading her posts every day! ...........................P

Well happy rainy Thursday morning friends! The (short) work week is nearly finished! How has it been for you all? I started out with lots of energy (usually the case when I am at the end of TOM).... but it is definitely dwindling now. But I absolutely MUST hit the TM and clean DD's room today. No excuses!

Breakfast today was the same as yesterday, but at least it was tasty! Eggwhite omelet with half serving of light cheddar cheese, sliced tomato, and sauteed spinach, side of blueberries, and coffee. Since tomorrow is weigh-in day, I will treat myself to a hot cooked oatbran cereal with a tsp of brown sugar or a bowl of Fiberone and blueberries with almond milk tomorrow.

Lunch will be leftover pork and veggie stirfry with black bean paste. Not exactly what I am craving and it is pretty salty for the day before weigh-in, but it needs to be used up. Afternoon snack will probably be blueberries again, since that is the only fruit in the house besides bananas. I will be stopping at the market for a few essentials (fruit, veggies, milk, cottage cheese) tonight when I run DD to the chiropractor.

I'm still not sure if my parents are coming to visit this weekend or not. If they ARE coming, I will definitely have to hit the store again tomorrow for some "real" foods...... plus a cake for them! They are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary tomorrow! I thought it would be cute to have a little cake for them to cut and I might even splurge and buy a bottle of champagne to share. It definitely seems like 50 years should be celebrated! (We did have a small celebration in August when we were all on vacation together and we gave them their big gift then.)

DD is biking in her first tri-athalon on Saturday. I don't think that she is feeling really prepared, but with school starting up and the lousy weather, she hasn't had the chance to ride the full route again. She did ride it once, but was absolutely defeated by her time (much longer than she thought it would be). I hope she does well and that the adrenaline of race day pushes her along. She is doing this as a team with two other swim buddies and I know she doesn't want to let them down. I think she is doing GREAT, considering she is a swimmer, not a biker, but she is really hard on herself. I'm just proud of her for trying it!

Well..... I told myself I absolutely HAD to be on the TM by 10 am. I am doing a short workout today in order to get some extra time to work on DD's room.... just 30 minutes.... and I need to get rolling!

TTYL.........................P

Pamela is the Queen of Lower Carb!

She has advice for every situation, she is always ready and willing to help, and she goes out of her way to make everyone posting feel special.

I'm just a little fond of her :lovestruc

Maria :upsidedow

Maria is awesome and very inspiring with all her race tags!! I want to have those tags some day too and it gives me great motivation.

And I like her purple upside down guy. :upsidedow :rotfl2:

Pamela is the Queen of Lower Carb!

She has advice for every situation, she is always ready and willing to help, and she goes out of her way to make everyone posting feel special.

I'm just a little fond of her :lovestruc

Awwww... thanks!!

Maria is awesome and very inspiring with all her race tags!! I want to have those tags some day too and it gives me great motivation.

And I like her purple upside down guy. :upsidedow :rotfl2:

SHe does have the greatest signature!

I know I already did the QOTD, but I LOVE Buffy, so I gotta do this one!

Buffy is SUPER WOMAN! SHe manages all of those kids with her husband away A LOT! She keeps things under control and running smooth in a tiny house! SHe is FUN and full of energy! She is blast to hang around with and her DS is a GREAT kid (as I"m sure all of her kids are). SHe is inspired to be a great runner and I'm SURE she will have many, many race tags in her signature in the not-too-distant future! And she looks GREAT wearing an Expedition Everest 5K race medal!! Love her!..................P

Awwww... thanks!!

SHe does have the greatest signature!

I know I already did the QOTD, but I LOVE Buffy, so I gotta do this one!

Buffy is SUPER WOMAN! SHe manages all of those kids with her husband away A LOT! She keeps things under control and running smooth in a tiny house! SHe is FUN and full of energy! She is blast to hang around with and her DS is a GREAT kid (as I"m sure all of her kids are). SHe is inspired to be a great runner and I'm SURE she will have many, many race tags in her signature in the not-too-distant future! And she looks GREAT wearing an Expedition Everest 5K race medal!! Love her!..................P

AWE!!!! I love my Pjlla!!!!

I'm gonna print and hang this above my treadmill!!

You just made my day!!! :hug::love:

QOTD pamela gives great advice and is patient with all us newbies and very understanding! She is an inspiration!

Today I'm feeling very tire, the week is catching up to me. Last night there was a dog fight at work and it left me feeling very shaken but I still went to the gym and ran a mile. Tonight I would like to do two miles but I'm pretty burnt out so we will see. Been on plan with eating three days in a row.

I'm feeling very tired and stressed but generally happy. This will be my life for the next three months better get used to it

Following up on my post from last week about de-cluttering my closet.

Here’s what I’ve done in that time:

I went through my summer clothes and put aside anything I hadn’t worn all season. I figured if I didn’t wear it, I’m not going to. AND I hope that they will be tooooo big next summer. ;)

Up next – Fall/Winter clothes. I tried on EVERY piece of clothing from last year and put aside anything that was too big. In doing so, I found a bunch of things that I had bought on clearance at the end of the winter in anticipation of losing weight. :thumbsup2

Looks like I am starting out the Fall/Winter season with about 5 hoodies, 3 sweaters, 3 long-sleeved tees, 2 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of black dress pants. Not too bad, huh? Since I’m currently not working, it looks like I can pretty much hold off on buying anything for a while. Those things can get me through for a while. I am taking my niece to the Old Navy Outlet next week, so I can always pick up a few things there if anything catches my eye. Also, last night I ordered a simple black faux wrap dress from Old Navy Online.

The only thing that “hurt” was coming across my interview clothes. When I lost my job, I spent good money at Macy’s on three high-end pieces – blazer, pants, and skirt. They are absolutely swimming on me. I don’t really have the money right now to replace them, and don’t want to spend $$ on tailoring since I hope to lose more weight. My plan – should I wrangle any interviews - is to wear the black dress pants that I found in my closet and carry the blazer as if I just took it off that second.

I also went through all of my miscellaneous clothes – and tried to whittle my lounging/sleeping clothes, underwear, bras, socks, etc. down to a manageable quantity. I went through my shoes and did the same thing.

When all was said and done, I had 4 big Hefty bags of stuff to donate. :eek:

I also have quite a bit that I put aside and was thinking about trying to sell on Craigslist. These are items that were never worn (still have tags), or barely worn. I was thinking about selling them in lots – one lot of 1X/18W-20W, and another lot of 2X/22W-24W. I’ve never sold anything on CL before – have any of you had any luck? :confused3

All in all, I was happy with the results. I’m not going to focus on the $$$ wasted – but rather focus on how organized everything looks now. It is also a nice feeling knowing that everything in my closet fits – I will no longer buy anything that doesn’t fit yet. That’s a bad habit I have.

Wow – that one was long post.

- Laura

QOTD pamela gives great advice and is patient with all us newbies and very understanding! She is an inspiration!

Today I'm feeling very tire, the week is catching up to me. Last night there was a dog fight at work and it left me feeling very shaken but I still went to the gym and ran a mile. Tonight I would like to do two miles but I'm pretty burnt out so we will see. Been on plan with eating three days in a row.

I'm feeling very tired and stressed but generally happy. This will be my life for the next three months better get used to it

Trina perserveres even when she's so tired she can't see straight -- and she keeps going. She is working really hard to have more good days than bad -- and that is what will get her to her goals. She's smart enough to start working on her health and fitness while she's young, and she's going to be so glad she did! :thumbsup2

And can I just say Buffy made me smile all day :hug:

Have a great day all!

Thanks for the kind words.

This morning I was behhind Kathy so I will do Kathy first

Kathy is a great mom to Michael and a calming presence to her patients.

Maria Always has a postive attitude and has been a wonderful friend to all here on the Biggest Loser thread (the second part works for Kathy and many people on this thread)

QOTD: Donac is an enthusiastic "LOSER"! She has been wonderfully supportive in all the challenges we've done together! I really appreciated her taking over as weight keeper this summer.

Looking forward to the next challenge and hopefully will be able to be more involved! Looking forward to being a coach in the coming weeks. It's been a long time and I have missed doing it.

I'm down 2 pounds this week. I haven't weighed in in several weeks so I will start fresh tomorrow with the new challenge! Hoping things will return to some sort of normalcy in the next few weeks.

Booked a flight to NC next month to see Mom and Dad. They are disappointed that I can't bring the kids. Brian will be very busy with the kids while I'm gone.

Got the schedule for musical rehearsals today and it's going to be difficult to do it all! As Tim Gunn says, "Make it work!" That's going to be my motto this fall.

I'm off to work in a few minutes and Brian and the girls will go to soccer practice.

Rain finally went away. It poured a lot today! Weather is looking up for the weekend! First soccer games and church on Sunday!

Well, time to brush my teeth and get myself prepared for work!

TTFN :tigger:

Tracey is a dedicated mom to her beautiful angels, and is the energizer bunny with the exercise when she is on!! She will be on this fall challenge, that's for sure!!

Thanks for this qotd. I didn't go back a page, so I don't even know who's coach today. Is it still Shawn? love this one.

We're back from michael's appt and eeg. It was a long day. He did great with the EEG, and the np and md we saw were both very good. They were gearing toward the mildest form of seizure that wouldn't need treatment, but the eeg ended up coming back with more activity/irritability than they expected so they diagnosed him with simple partial seizures, and recommend we treat him to prevent seizures with Keppra. He's scheduled for his mri in the morning, and it will be nice to have that done.

I'm pooped. I go back to work tomorrow, and hope to just be a few minutes late since his appt should end at 8:30. It will be another early morning though, so we'll get to bed early tonight.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I, of course feel sorry for myself and ds, but when I think of all the kids I saw being pushed around the hospital in wheelchairs with such serious issues, I do count my blessings and am so grateful he is as healthy as he is.

New challenge tomorrow!! I'm ready to get right on it!!!

See you over there over the weekend!!

Kathy is a phenomenal Mom and awesome friend.:hug: She has a fabulous accent and always has positive kind things to say. She is always the first to give out cyber hugs.:hug: I would love to have her as my nurse if I ever have to go in the hospital, cause I bet her patients love her. Her I will never quit attitude inspires me every day.:goodvibes

Great question Shawn!:goodvibes

Rose is quite simply FABULOUS. Her hosting of this thread made it so easy to feel like a part of the group, even though I was so nervous to join the challenge. I'm so glad I did!! She is so sweet and so welcoming and always has kind words to say about everybody!

Kaiti is looking quite FOXY now that she has dropped 10 pounds:cool1:

She gets compliments from strange men and deserves them!

She is not squeamish and can watch things like operations that would send me running out of the room! She's lucky and only works 1/2 days!

Kaiti has made the Summer challenge a lot of fun and she lives in the best state in the USA.....North Carolina:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts