Biggest Loser--SUMMER 2011 Challenge for Losers & Maintainers!

My 3rd (and final ;) ) boy!

Thanks for the welcome!

ETA: Oh, and my real name is Dawn :)
Very exciting! And I got your bday! Thanks.

Hi -

I'd like to join :wave2:

As you can see by my ticker, I still have quite a way to go before reaching my goal - I could use all the support that's out there :)

- Laura
Welcome!:goodvibes

Hi, Laura -- you can do this! I lost 13 this spring, mostly because of the spring challenge. The Friday weigh-ins are great motivators. I still have at least 27 more to go before I hit where I want to be, so I'm right there with you on needing support!
Congrats on the 13 pounds!:goodvibes

I am running the DLR & Wine and Dine 1/2s in September

I did really well until after Everest and lost all motivation- Im giving myself till the 31st then back in full gear :)

-em
I am planning on the W&D if my knee cooperates! It's a really fun race!

Can I join? I'm Savannah, and I'd be in as a loser.

I wanna be a LOSER!!!! I need to lose a bunch! :scared1:

Hello! My name is Nancy and I W.I.S.H to be a LOSER!!!
Welcome Nancy! You are our 3rd Nancy! :goodvibes

IPlease count me in as a loser! I am looking forward to this challenge and am hoping it will help keep me on track this summer!

Aug 5 works for me! My kids actually start school on the 8th so I'll have time to chat (trying not to think about my baby starting 1st grade that week and my oldest in 4th grade!).

My oldest starts 1st grade in the fall! :scared1: The time just goes so quickly!

So great to see so many familiar faces and a lot of new ones as well.

Sorry, I can't do that week that you need a coach. That's the girls last week of school and I will be getting ready to head down to my Mom's at the end of the week.

My goal is going to be the same one as last round. Hopefully my schedule will be normal so I can get in my workouts. I need to actually get back to working out this week. I know it will help me feel better emotionally as well it always does.

It's a hot one here in MA today and supposed to be worse tomorrow! Got the bedroom ACs in so we only have the dining room one left! I also need to see where my curtain I put up in the hallway last year to keep that part of the house cooler is.

TTFN :tigger:

May I join too? I would like to be a loser. I'm down 4 lbs. so far but lots more to go! The challenge ends when we'll be in DISNEY WORLD! Great goal to work towards! Thanks for this!
Tara

IPlease count me in as a loser! I am looking forward to this challenge and am hoping it will help keep me on track this summer!

My oldest starts 1st grade in the fall! :scared1: The time just goes so quickly!
Good to see you SarahMay!:goodvibes

So great to see so many familiar faces and a lot of new ones as well.

Sorry, I can't do that week that you need a coach. That's the girls last week of school and I will be getting ready to head down to my Mom's at the end of the week.

My goal is going to be the same one as last round. Hopefully my schedule will be normal so I can get in my workouts. I need to actually get back to working out this week. I know it will help me feel better emotionally as well it always does.

It's a hot one here in MA today and supposed to be worse tomorrow! Got the bedroom ACs in so we only have the dining room one left! I also need to see where my curtain I put up in the hallway last year to keep that part of the house cooler is.

Don't even worry about coaching Tracey! You have tons on your plate right now.:hug: I hope you get some workouts in!

May I join too? I would like to be a loser. I'm down 4 lbs. so far but lots more to go! The challenge ends when we'll be in DISNEY WORLD! Great goal to work towards! Thanks for this!
Tara

Welcome Tara! We love hearing about trips!:goodvibes

three nancys (nancies?) here! wow!

growing up the only other nancy i knew was nancy reagan and then, ugh, nancy kerrigan. haha.

we'll need another nancy nickname. gosh, i feel like a "jennifer" or "sarah"!!

looking forward to the new challenge. i am having a really rough few weeks with my eating and i need a good kick in the pants.

first thing i need to do is plan a menu and prepare! sitting around doing nothing but going to BBQs and eating crap at the zoo is just not helping things.

looks like i'm posting again (sometimes i wonder if i have internet B.O. when i post and nobody posts after me:confused3)

today is moving day, right??

looking forward to a new challenge. i am up SEVEN pounds in the last month. :headache: i can't seem to get a handle on my food. i mean, look, i get that i'm pregnant but up 7 pounds for only being 14 weeks is just crazy. i gained alot with my first and it took me until the day before i found out i was pregnant with my second to get to my goal weight! :rolleyes1

i woke up this morning and after getting on the scale and seeing that number i put on my workout clothes and was headed out the door. and like something out of a movie, BOOM! CRASH! DOWNPOUR! really? what a way to start the challenge.

well, after my coffee i'm going to get on the elliptical (ick) for a while and sweat it out here at home. it's HOT and HUMID in that room. we have a ton of errands to do and one of them includes grocery shopping. i've made my menu plan for the week and have a list of healthy foods for the the week.

must get this butt (and gut) in gear! it's going to be a LONG summer chasing around a toddler and i need to get back in shape!

Awww....don't be so touch on yourself. I gained A LOT with each pregnancy even though I watched what I ate with the last 2 pregnancies (with my first one I figured, hey I'm pregnant I'm going to enjoy this and splurge). My doctor said some woman are just predisposed to gain a certain amount no matter what they do.

I am currently working to get the baby weight off after having my 3rd and last 3 months ago. I did it before I know I can do it again.

Hi ladies !!! :goodvibes Please count me in for the Summer Challenge. My BFF is still here visiting but she is leaving tomorrow.

We have had a FANTASTIC 50th birthday extravaganza trip around Europe and we got home late last night.

Most fantastic of all is I lost 1.6 pounds during the trip !!!

I only have 1.2 to lose to reach 30 pounds !!!

I've only read page one so far of this thread but I am looking forward to catching up with everyone soon. I will be posting a brief trip report too even though it wasn't a Disney trip. You can read or not as you like. We had so much fun and no problems at all which is a miracle.

See you soon!

Shawn:cheer2:

Hello, everyone. I am joining for the summer as a loser, but my goal is to be a maintainer by fall. It's exciting to see new names joining, as well as old friends. I am going to try to be good today, but with DH home from work, it will be a challenge. Thanks for all the work that goes into keeping these threads going, it really does make a difference.

three nancys (nancies?) here! wow!

growing up the only other nancy i knew was nancy reagan and then, ugh, nancy kerrigan. haha.

we'll need another nancy nickname. gosh, i feel like a "jennifer" or "sarah"!!
:rotfl: This cracked me up! The only people I meet named Rose are OLD! Though there was a young jockey riding in the KY Derby named Rosie. And she was too cute!

looks like i'm posting again (sometimes i wonder if i have internet B.O. when i post and nobody posts after me:confused3)

today is moving day, right??

looking forward to a new challenge. i am up SEVEN pounds in the last month. :headache: i can't seem to get a handle on my food. i mean, look, i get that i'm pregnant but up 7 pounds for only being 14 weeks is just crazy. i gained alot with my first and it took me until the day before i found out i was pregnant with my second to get to my goal weight! :rolleyes1

i woke up this morning and after getting on the scale and seeing that number i put on my workout clothes and was headed out the door. and like something out of a movie, BOOM! CRASH! DOWNPOUR! really? what a way to start the challenge.

well, after my coffee i'm going to get on the elliptical (ick) for a while and sweat it out here at home. it's HOT and HUMID in that room. we have a ton of errands to do and one of them includes grocery shopping. i've made my menu plan for the week and have a list of healthy foods for the the week.

must get this butt (and gut) in gear! it's going to be a LONG summer chasing around a toddler and i need to get back in shape!
Great job on the meal planning! And I hope the elliptical wasn't too awful! The sun is actually out here again today. It's amazing!

Hi ladies !!! :goodvibes Please count me in for the Summer Challenge. My BFF is still here visiting but she is leaving tomorrow.

We have had a FANTASTIC 50th birthday extravaganza trip around Europe and we got home late last night.

I've only read page one so far of this thread but I am looking forward to catching up with everyone soon. I will be posting a brief trip report too even though it wasn't a Disney trip. You can read or not as you like. We had so much fun and no problems at all which is a miracle.

See you soon!

Welcome back Shawn! Sounds like a fabulous trip. And woohoo on the loss! Very impressive!

Guess what I am doing--yep, icing my knees. BUT I am absolutely THRILLED:cool1: to say that we had a reasonable run today! We have got to start getting up earlier, though. We got to the park around 8:15 and it was already 76 and a billion percent humidity. But I am not complaining. I'd much rather be hot than cold! Mike said the heat might have actually helped my knee a bit.

We went 4 miles at a run 4/ walk 30 sec interval. I think the average ended up being right around 11:00, so pretty slow compared to earlier in the spring. But my goal was to go 4 miles. My knee got sore pretty quickly and then just stayed there. No real pain.:banana: If it wasn't for the fact that I have battled the itbs for so long now, I would have just ignored it. The really exciting news is the soreness went away during the walk breaks and NOTHING hurts now.:banana: I am cautiously optimistic, for the first time in a long time now! We'll see what the doctor says--he might still say more time off, but I'm hoping he says I can keep running for now.:goodvibes I did my rehab exercises and stretched and used the foam roller--so I'm following the rules!

I think I am going to hold off and start the QOTD, maybe on Thursday. Let everyone recover from the holiday weekend.:goodvibes

Have a great day! :goodvibes

May I please join - I'll be a loser. Need to lose 25 lbs by August 26! :) With support I know I can do it.

Thanks.

Angie

Good morning all. So I feel a little blue this morning. Even though I am behaving much better I still see the numbers creep up a bit each morning so I am going to have to break out the old food journal and start writing things down again. I tried a new breakfast with a 1/2 cup egg beaters south western style and a low carb small tortilla and a few bits of diced onion. It was pretty tasty...now we just have to see how long it keeps me full for. It is only 2 points on WW which is the plan that I am on so that still gives me plenty of points for the rest of the day. My dh is making a pulled chicken sandwich for lunch. It is a yummy WW recipe we found and we use the thin buns instead of bread to hold it together.

A little about me for those who don't know me. I am a married mother of two. My son just turned 6 and will be entering 1st grade in the fall. My daughter is almost 3 and is very funny and stuborn! My son is my disney lover...even going on rides my dh is too nervous to go on like tower of terror! I used to be a travel agent and my specialty was Disney so I was able to do an onsite trip to WDW and toured one of the ships quite a while ago. My family is going on our first Disney Cruise and WDW trip in November so we are very excited about that.

I have been on my weight loss journey for just over 2 years now. The first year went great but this past year I have actually gone up and down about 30 lbs...right now I am up so am down about 85 over all right now though I have been down as much as 111 at one time. I have decided to start from where I am as of the begining of this challenge so when I weigh in on friday that will be my 0 and I will go from there. I had great success two summers ago with this challenge and hopefully it will bring me the same motivation as it did last time.

I look forward to getting to know you all as the challenge progresses!

SarahMay

P.S. Oh, and for those of you who know who we are...I am a DIS Diva!

Hi Everyone!

I am definitely in as a loser. I will be coaching Healthy Habits again and have some ideas to keep things fun this summer.

A little about me...my name is Christina but everyone calls me CC. It just takes too long to say my full name. :rotfl: I work in quality control. I used to teach special education, but when no one was hiring after I finished my full-time master's program, I got a job in quality control and loved it. That was a temporary position and I started a full-time one just after Thanksgiving of 2010. I love my new job and love my co-workers too. I am doing some training as well. I also spend a lot of time crunching numbers and running statistical analysis. I have a big presesntation due in a few weeks that will really test my statistics knowledge.

My big plan for today is to clean my bedroom. I toss and turn A LOT at night (I've been having big problems with nightmares lately) and have managed to knock my sheets off my bed. So, I need to change my sheets and pick up all the junk on my floor. :rotfl2:

Then, I'd like to get in some exercise. I'm supposed to go to WW tomorrow and weigh-in and meet the leader. The receptionist who works this meeting with her talked me into coming to meetings when I weighed-in on Friday afternoon. I'm hoping that will help me lose the 20 (or 40 if you are going my mom's opinion :rolleyes1) pounds I need to lose before our trip to WDW in August.

Well, I need to go eat lunch. I woke up about an hour ago so I haven't had breakfast. Better get going on my day...

CC

:rotfl: This cracked me up! The only people I meet named Rose are OLD! Though there was a young jockey riding in the KY Derby named Rosie. And she was too cute!

Great job on the meal planning! And I hope the elliptical wasn't too awful! The sun is actually out here again today. It's amazing!

Guess what I am doing--yep, icing my knees. BUT I am absolutely THRILLED:cool1: to say that we had a reasonable run today! We have got to start getting up earlier, though. We got to the park around 8:15 and it was already 76 and a billion percent humidity. But I am not complaining. I'd much rather be hot than cold! Mike said the heat might have actually helped my knee a bit.

We went 4 miles at a run 4/ walk 30 sec interval. I think the average ended up being right around 11:00, so pretty slow compared to earlier in the spring. But my goal was to go 4 miles. My knee got sore pretty quickly and then just stayed there. No real pain.:banana: If it wasn't for the fact that I have battled the itbs for so long now, I would have just ignored it. The really exciting news is the soreness went away during the walk breaks and NOTHING hurts now.:banana: I am cautiously optimistic, for the first time in a long time now! We'll see what the doctor says--he might still say more time off, but I'm hoping he says I can keep running for now.:goodvibes I did my rehab exercises and stretched and used the foam roller--so I'm following the rules!

I think I am going to hold off and start the QOTD, maybe on Thursday. Let everyone recover from the holiday weekend.:goodvibes

Have a great day! :goodvibes

my friend down the street has a 5 year old named rose and my best friend growing up is a rosa (i call her rosie). i'm like you - everyone i've known named nancy growing up was old ;)

so, um, menu planning starts tonight because we had mcdonalds for lunch. :rolleyes1 i DID make a fairly decent choice though. well, better than my usual two cheeseburger meal and a shake. i got the grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo (hate mayo), ate half the fries and had a water. ok fine, i snuck one of thomas's mcnuggets and a sip of john's shake. hehe.

nice job on the run! keep icing. one of these days that darn knee is going to heal! i actually managed a jog today! it stopped raining and i decided to head out. of course as soon as i was down the street it started to rain but i said the heck with it and kept going. it felt AWESOME! i ran for half an hour straight (that USED to be easy but after all my stomach issues and 1st trimester ickiness i'm almost at square one) and managed a smidge under 3 miles.

i don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones or just the fact that i was able to take a breather for myself but jogging out there in the rain and feeling good made me choke up a little. i imagined how i did this all winter and met my goal of the princess. i thought about how awesome(-ly painful) it felt to run and finish the princess and how in 2013 i WILL be running the WDW marathon.

anyway, i need to remember that feeling and get out there as often as i can, even if i'm only jogging for a little each time. i SHOULD remember that when i'm eating crap....well, one thing at a time ;)

May I please join - I'll be a loser. Need to lose 25 lbs by August 26! :) With support I know I can do it.

Thanks.

Angie

hi angie! welcome! looking forward to getting to know you :)

Good morning all. So I feel a little blue this morning. Even though I am behaving much better I still see the numbers creep up a bit each morning so I am going to have to break out the old food journal and start writing things down again. I tried a new breakfast with a 1/2 cup egg beaters south western style and a low carb small tortilla and a few bits of diced onion. It was pretty tasty...now we just have to see how long it keeps me full for. It is only 2 points on WW which is the plan that I am on so that still gives me plenty of points for the rest of the day. My dh is making a pulled chicken sandwich for lunch. It is a yummy WW recipe we found and we use the thin buns instead of bread to hold it together.

A little about me for those who don't know me. I am a married mother of two. My son just turned 6 and will be entering 1st grade in the fall. My daughter is almost 3 and is very funny and stuborn! My son is my disney lover...even going on rides my dh is too nervous to go on like tower of terror! I used to be a travel agent and my specialty was Disney so I was able to do an onsite trip to WDW and toured one of the ships quite a while ago. My family is going on our first Disney Cruise and WDW trip in November so we are very excited about that.

I have been on my weight loss journey for just over 2 years now. The first year went great but this past year I have actually gone up and down about 30 lbs...right now I am up so am down about 85 over all right now though I have been down as much as 111 at one time. I have decided to start from where I am as of the begining of this challenge so when I weigh in on friday that will be my 0 and I will go from there. I had great success two summers ago with this challenge and hopefully it will bring me the same motivation as it did last time.

I look forward to getting to know you all as the challenge progresses!

SarahMay

P.S. Oh, and for those of you who know who we are...I am a DIS Diva!

hi sarahmay!

i don't know what a dis diva is...but sounds neat :)

i'm a disney travel agent now! i was hoping to tour the dream but i live too far and my little guy is too young to be able to get down there any more often than we do for our vacations. oh well. one of these days i'll take advantage of the perks!!

good luck in your journey! i've found this group to be really supportive. i really enjoy coming on here and posting. i never was much of an internet community person but after meeting some of the WISH people i'm happy happy i did!

See you soon!

great job shawn on the weight loss! woot! :cheer2: glad you had a great trip!

took the dog to get groomed today. while we were waiting we went to famous footwear and bought thomas some really cute toy story sneakers that light up. then at target i bought two pairs of maternity shorts that i'm pretty sure will be what i live in the whole summer. that, and my already big t-shirts :)

we had mcdonalds for lunch but at least i got in a 30 min jog today so i'm feeling ok about it.

after thomas' nap i still need to go back out, get our IDs for the beach/pool club, food shopping, costco, and maybe hit up ashley furniture for a new bedroom set. i'm tired already!

Rose said to move to this thread, so here I am! Just in from a weekend basically spent on our deck in my swimsuit. The good news -- I had to go order a new one in a smaller size on top and bottom -- I'm clearly smaller than last year, even though I think I weigh almost as much as I did a year ago. The bad news -- that's the only good news. I have eaten whatever dh decided to bring me all weekend, and other than deciding June 1st he would start eating healthy, he hasn't made a good nutrition decision once!

I'm packing my healthy lunch for tomorrow, and we have a good menu planned for the week. Now I just have to make myself get back to working out...haven't done that since Friday, either...

Maria :upsidedow

Good afternoon,

Tomorrow is my new beginning once again! I have eaten nothing but bad stuff all weekend including the big burger and fries and cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory for lunch. All I am eating the rest of the day is water with my mango aloe! I also hope to get up and get in a 2 mile workout to get me going again on working out. I have taken far too much time off from that. I will also get in a walk tomorrow night if the weather cooperates for soccer practice. Probably getting the kids take out for supper tomorrow night. I'm planning on doing a shake for breakfast, a protein bar for lunch and a chicken burger for supper with some cole slaw.

Are we doing introductions yet?

Talked to my sister a few minutes ago and they got my mom into a wheelchair and the new meds seem to be helping. She had a visitor and a friend from up here had called so I will talk to her later if she's up to it.

Almost my turn to play LEGO POTC. It's hot outside but the inside has stayed nice and cool while we've been out. Trying to get the kids showered and cleaned up for school tomorrow. I have to work until 2.

Tracey--let's save the big introductions for the end of the week.:goodvibes I figure everyone will slowly be making their way over here. How about Thursday? I will post a QOTD. Glad your Mom is doing a little better.:goodvibes

Maria--Sounds like a relaxing weekend.:goodvibes I hope getting back on plan this week goes fabulously!

Nancy--woohoo for getting a run in! And McDonald's--what can I say. I have been totally craving a Big Mac. What is that about. Even though I've cheated a little bit, I have not had hamburger in almost two years. And I definitely can't have the bun. But the special sauce....Anyhow, next time you want McDs just pretend you are a g-f vegetarian!:rotfl:

Hi CC! Glad you are doing ok!:goodvibes

SarahMay--I think starting at 0 is a good thing. BUT you also need to remind yourself that you are getting back on the wagon before gaining back all of the weight and that is a FABULOUS thing!

Welcome tinkerbellAng!!! We're glad to have you!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! It has been nice and warm here--mid 90s. Lovely!

I'm not sure how much I will be around tomorrow--it's back to work. Uggh. But I'm off Wednesday, so if I am not here tomorrow, I will be back on Wednesday!

Have a great Tuesday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter