Biggest Loser Princess and Tinker Bell 2011 and 2012 -- OLD please see NEW thread

Hello ladies,

Catch up first-
Maria, I didn't think I'd like the Hunger Series either- loved the 2nd and 3rd books even more than the first- I think I tainted my read of the first by seeing the movie before reading the book. I just finished reading the 5th Kingdom Keepers -love the concept of "the magic continues after the parks close"

Kathy, Loved the rock wall climbing Picture- Way to Go!:cool1:

Lisa H & Nancy- Congrats on your races:thumbsup2

Jen- welcome back- today and tomorrow the weather here is suppose to only get into the 70's and low in the 40's for April:confused: usually we are putting the air on by now and dreading summer temps.

Hello to anyone I may have missed.

We had just enough rain to keep me from running this weekend,not that I needed the excuse cuz I really wasn't feeling it this weekend, but gonna try to get 6 miles in tonight since the weather is suppose to be cool the next two nights.
We traveled to my in-laws yesterday to spend some quality time with them, I brought over homemade lasagna and meatballs so my MIL wouldn't have to cook. Jake and Grandpa played Scrabble and then we all played Uno together. Fil is looked weary but in good spirts, he is down about 8lbs since diagnosis- but he ate a big helping of my lasagna. We will see them in two weeks to celebrate Mother's day a week early since DH will be working that weekend.
This week was tough a neighbor who I occassionaly run with lost her husband on Tuesday, he'd been fighting liver and Pancreatic Cancer for quite some time and a lady I was friendly with from serving togther at AWANNA, children's church group, died very unexpectantly Friday night, she was only in her early 40's and leaves behind a husband and 4 children- 3 of them are under the age of 10 and 2 are special needs. I'm still in disbief, I had just spoke with her the week before.
Jake has testing for FCAT again this week and has Book Bowl Competion as well. The team goes up against 9 other middle schools to answer comprehession questions on 15 books picked by the State each year for the students to read. The team is made up of 5 members, each responsible for 3 of the 15 books. This weekend we plan to go blueberry picking since the fields opened early this year and possible see Advengers at the movies.

Hi everyone!

Jellyrolls after the half sounds wonderful in January! DH will be running the half, too, but he also has a DISDads meet that weekend, so we're figuring on doing some things apart (WISH for me, DISDads for him) and some stuff together that weekend.

Nancy, thanks for asking! :) The toe is annoying, but I'm getting around. I have follow-up x-rays on Wednesday morning to see if the rest has held, and we'll go from there. DH and I leave Friday morning for a wedding in NY that we've been looking forward to for *ages.* I'm trying to focus on all the friends we'll get to see and not on the fact that I won't be hitting the dance floor! :(

Exercise-wise, I've been hitting the stationary bike hard, as that's pretty much the only cardio I'm approved for these days. I did 10.4km in 30 minutes last night, and that felt great. I'm shooting for a good bike session every day this week until we leave; I probably won't be able to get anything in while we're away for the wedding.

XO
Liz

Good morning fellow athletes! :goodvibes

Jen, so glad that you had a great time on your trip and that your family demonstrated how much they missed and needed you right off the bat! ;) When you look at your pictures think of the fun times that you had and nothing else. :hippie:

JellyRolls is so much fun! It's kind of a WISH tradition to go there after a race as a group -- I'm hoping we can do that in January! ::yes::

Something to look forward to after a tough day of Scream Teamin'! ::yes::

Nancy, congratulations on your race yesterday and your new PR. I don't think having a baby slowed you downat all! :yay: You will be so ready to do the marathon in January. Glad that you beat the rain! :umbrella:

Dottie, big hugs for you with all the tough things you have going on now. :hug: Hang in there! Enjoy your bike ride tonight. :thumbsup2 We don't watermelon until July and blueberries until August. :rotfl:

Liz, so glad the toes are getting better. :flower3: I know how tough it is to want to do SOMETHING and not be able to. :hug: I kind of laughed at myself about it because really I used to not even need an excuse to sit around and do nothing. ;)

This week-end we have 3 racers:
Lisa 5K
Lindsay Half
Rose Derby Half

Am I missing anyone? I'll try to finish updating the list this week.

Kathy, glad you had a great time on vacation and way to go with the rock climbing! :thumbsup2

Lindsay, glad you had a good week-end! :goodvibes

Rose, how is that taper madness going? ;)

I really enjoyed my 5 mile race yesterday. Still waiting for the official results. I think the clock said 83:29 when I crossed but I was having to run past some people who were just sauntering along yakking right before the finish line so I could be wrong. My time last year was 88:47. It was in the 70's and you run into the sun for the first half. That wouldn't be so bad except this was the first day it had been in the 70's all year. :sunny:

The really big difference in this race was that I never hated it once while I was running. I didn't like the heat but I just adjusted my pace and it was still faster than I did Tink, although I didn't know it at the time. I had my watch this time but I didn't look at my RunKeeper at all. It was a pretty day and it was just fun to be out and feel strong. :cool2: Several miles of my half next month follow this course.

Where does the time go? This morning has flown by! Have a great day ladies! :goodvibes

These are the flowers Thom sent to our room :lovestruc:lovestruc
disney2012032-1.jpg

Us with Mickey & Minnie
disney2012003-1.jpg

Us at the castle:
disney2012009.jpg

Quick Update.:upsidedow

In-laws had a Hospice RN come over and talk to them and left a bunch of brochures and such, MIL said things are going OK, FIL will continue to see his GP untill things progress and in need of more medical involvement.
I'm offically registered for Mickey, after a fairly good run yesterday of 6.30 miles I registered- the weather here the last few days has been absolutely beautiful- so when I went to pick Jake up from an afterschool activity I parked the car and he and I ran from the school to the YMCA- 3 miles, then he stayed at the Y while I ran back to get the car, This is my usual Saturady route run but we start at the Y and run to the school and back. 6 miles is only 1/4 of a marathon:scared1: I must be cracked in the head :dance3:

Registered Jake for summer camps and he is going to stay with Grandma and Grandpa early in the summer so that they can enjoy time together.

Hope everyone is doing well. Good luck to those racing this weekend!

Dottie

Good Afternoon, Ladies!

Dottie -- Congrats on registering for Mickey! I know you will enjoy the race. Ben starts his summer with a week at my Dad's in Missouri. It's good for everyone, that time with grandparents is very precious. :goodvibes The 5th Kingdom Keepers was in Ben's Easter basket. He'll probably read it this summer. I admit, I didn't like the first chapter of The Hunger Games, but then I went back and read the entire thing in one sitting. I'm looking forward to the next 2 books, I am way, way down the list at the library. I think I'm #569 for Catching Fire, and they have 120 copies. :eek:

Jen -- Love the photos! That is a happy, celebrating couple! :lovestruc

LisaH -- I'm so glad you enjoyed your race! ::yes:: It is wonderful you could go back and really see how far you have come -- you are a rockstar!

Liz -- Enjoy the wedding! :bride: I know it will be disappointing not to be dancing, but seeing your friends will be awesome!

Nancy -- When we come for a race, we just use ME and Disney transportation, and usually it's fine. Since we are going to my SIL's in Tampa before we get to WDW, we'll rent a car and keep it for our entire trip. I admit, I like having the car if I'm trying to get to another hotel. They do not make it easy to get around from hotel to hotel! I have no idea what Ben will pick for sit-down meals, but if he wants to do them, I'm not going to let the QSDP stop us! He said he wants to do a character meal which really surprises me. It will be interesting to see what he picks. I'm hoping for something new we haven't done before -- or Ohana breakfast, which is unbelievably yummy! :thumbsup2

Good Luck to LisaR, Lindsay, and Rose this weekend! You guys are going to have so much fun, and fabulous races! :cheer2:

I've been doing well with my diet and exercise. I am pleased to say I've broken into the 180s, and it is nice to have my weight on a downward slide again! :woohoo:

I am determined to run my next race in August smaller, it is a great motivator (that and seeing my pals in January!).

Maria :upsidedow

Ok so I have just seen the most depressing commercial
It was advertising a PLUS size clothing website with sizes ranging from (are you ready for this)....12-28!

12???? Really? Now I realize that I am in a 12 and my BMI has me overweight but really....no wonder so many have issues with size. It is bad enough that clothing made over seas is at least one size smaller than they are here now you have to wear single digits....

Ok I am done

jen phooey for that commercial. 12 isn't plus sized i don't think. plus, sometimes size just DOESN'T matter! i'm trying to realize that! i'm MUCH stronger and in better shape than i was when i weighed this much pre-babies. BUT, i seem to be more comfy in 10s instead of 8s. but i'm about the same weight. don't worry about the size. just focus on being healthy! :thumbsup2

you look wonderful and happy in your disney pics!

dottie :banana: so excited to have someone i know run mickey too! we should cheer together for the donald! that would be fun!!

maria how are the 180s treating you? i'm wavering around in my decade. i come within 2 lbs of breaking into a lower decade but then (of course) sabotage myself. grr :headache:

i'm signed up for a 10k on 5/12. looking forward/nervous about it. it's the same weekend that i had originally thought i'd do the half marathon but that was just WAY too much. i know there are superwomen who are out there running marathons a month after having a baby but that's just not me. so, i'll just do half a half ;)

a little over three weeks til disney! tomorrow is my 2nd interview and saturday is baby matt's baptism. so yeah, not too much going on ;)

Can I go with you to Disney?!?!?! I will babysit :)

Can't wait to take the kids back...4 days was too short yet too long without the kids. Going to try and seriously look at a land/sea combo for July 2013....

We have a busy weekend as well, Hannah turns 13 tomorrow...don't have a thing for her :( Cameron is Confirmed on Sunday, they both have choral competition on saturday, supposed to got so white vs red sox b-ball game in Chicago Saturday night.... I really need to go back to Disney :laughing:

Signed up for 5k next saturday however that is Zach's special olympics competition and I am sponsoring our friends daughter for her confirmation that day as well so guess I won't be running.:sad1:

the sandals I wore in FL have a really nice arch support in them HOWEVER my arches always feel swollen and bruised after the first day or so walking in them then they typically feel better...well left foot is still really sore...can't hardly walk flat on my foot...have been rolling it out. No tenderness to the heel so and it does not improve with stretching or walking so not plantar fascitis so not sure what is going on...has brought me to a screaching halt with any type of running or jumping at this point :guilty: going to give it a few more days and see what happens.

Good Luck to everyone racing this weekend! :cheer2::cheer2:

Jen-Love the pics. You look great, and so happy. Sorry about the foot. Hope it's nothing serious and rest helps it improve. Bummer on the race, but maybe not a bad thing with the foot issue right now. Happy birthday to Hannah!! Hope the teen years are smooth for you all.:goodvibes

Yay, good vibes smilie is back where he belongs. lol.

Dottie-WHOO HOO!! You're doing the Mickey!! Very exciting! You can do it!! Glad fil and mil have met with hospice and will have them available when the time comes. It will be nice for Jake to have some time with his grandparents this summer. Wow, summer is coming quick. I've got to get moving on camps too.

Liz-How's the toe doing? Hope all is well with you.

I've been busy, baseball suddenly consumes too much free time. I did run a little with the dog tuesday, and it felt good, and I need to make a plan and stick with it. I have a 5k in june, so still some time, but I'd like to get a pr and get out of the 40s' .

Just noticed the clock. gotta run. hello to eveyrone else!! Have a great day!!

Crusin' through here! :car:

Dottie, congrats on registering for Mickey! ::MickeyMo Lots of time for training and working yourself up to that distance. We'll be cheering for you! :yay: And so, so nice to have something fun to look forward to while everything else is going on. :hug:

Maria, so happy for you and your new decade! :cool1: You are going to be doing your halfs this year at goal weight I just know it! :flower3:

Jen, you looked lovely and happy in your pictures! :bride: Hope the feet feel better soon! :flower3:

Phooey on silly commercials -- it's just a sales pitch, nothing to worry about. Quite frankly I will be thrilled to wear a size 12 later this year! ::yes::

Nancy, good luck with the interview and enjoy Matthew's baptism. Your boys are such sweethearts! :love:

Kathy, lots of time to work on that 5K before June. :thumbsup2

Rose, good luck to you on your half this week-end and Mike on his marathon. I know you will both do fabulous! :cool2:

Lindsay, good luck to you on your half this week-end! You are going to rock it! :cool2:

Lisa, have a great time with the family 5K! It's nice for everyone to get out together! :cool1:

And for all of our racers, don't spend one second worrying anything that you wish would have happened up to the time of the race ---- just celebrate how strong and capable you are and how much fun you are having! :hippie:

I have a sick kid today so we will take turns doing the work and home thing. :sick:

Jen--glad you had a nice trip.:goodvibes Loved the pictures. What did you eat at California Grill? We are experts at running through the Atlanta airport. It seems to happen every other trip or so. Sorry you missed your kiddos.:hug: I would ice that foot until it starts to feel better--couple times a day.

Dottie--hope you are hanging in there. Congrats on signing up for Mickey!

Lisah--I am so glad your race went well! I hope Robert is feeling better. I loved what you said about your race!

Liz--have fun at the wedding!

Maria--I know you will be running smaller in August!

Sorry to be so mia. Been dealing with a stomach thing, but I think it is better.

I have been thinking about this time last year when I was getting ready for the KDF half. I was so anxious, and so worried about feeling like being a quitter AGAIN with all the injuries and stuff. This probably makes no sense, but it makes sense to me. :)

I am in such a better place this year. I know with all my grumbling this spring it might not seem like I feel that way. But other than being a little schizo cause of tapering, I am feeling very calm. I think it is very reasonable to expect a pr out of this race, and I am feeling strong and healthy. So different than last year. And I am so proud of myself for sticking with it through all the "stuff.":goodvibes

Now I need it to just not rain on Saturday! That's not looking so good. Fingers crossed.

ttyl.:goodvibes

Rose I am so pleased to hear you are in a better place. Even I can tell you are from last year. Seriously! A little "schizo" lol! Aren't we all??

So everyone, rose and I are going to be in Disney soon!! I'm stressed out with the interview today, the baptism tomorrow, etc etc so I'm just going to twinkle think a little here, ok? I'm sure that anti-DIS site would have a field day with this since I'm on the WISH board and can't wait to splurge on lots od Disney snacks! I want one of those Mickey shaped soft pretzels in a bad way. And a frozen banana. Dole whips? Meh. They don't do it for us.

I'm up to 143 after a three day long binge. I'm so close to 139 and just totally sabotaging myself. Perhaps will Disney 3 weeks away I can use that as a boost. Save the crap eating for then.

I have a massage AND the keys to the kingdom tour AND star wars weekends to look forward to!! Poor Thomas and Matthew. John and I are totally going to geek out to all the star wars stuff and they will just have to go along for the ride. Hehe

Didn't make a ton of ADRs bc we have the little ones but we will be doing sci fi with our friends for SWW. Crystal palace before the park opens one morning for a family pic (no pressure! Lol), raglan road as it is becoming a real favorite, oh and biergarten with our friends too.

Not too many ADRs and we are going to force ourselves to enjoy SSR and the treehouse. I say this every trip and we never relax. But the heat and two kids may make us have to!

And what I'm really looking forward to is seeing rose and mike!! I've already given fair warning that the kiddos may be a nightmare! Hehe

Nancy--We are excited about seeing you too! Though Mike will not look excited--he doesn't ever look excited.:rotfl: It's an engineer thing, I think. I asked him if he could try to not act like a nerd (he's been hanging out with a bunch of programmers lately :thumbsup2) and he said the word you are looking for is extrovert. Haha. I told him whatever, could he try to be social. :lmao: Actually I think everyone will get along great.:goodvibes I've been trying to think if there is a way we could sneak in a run, but I can't come up with a good way. We will have a car, but the only time that looks like it would work would be in the afternoon when it's really hot.....

KDF sent out a message on FB that some of the bibs were misprinted with 2011. I have one of those bibs....I am looking at it as a do over from my horrendously painful run last year.:goodvibes They said after the race we can order a new bib with the correct year, but really who cares. I want the bib I ran in and as long as the results are correct who cares?:goodvibes

Have a good Friday!

oh don't worry, john will do enough talking for the both of them. i actually have asked him to let people say things every once in a while. he has been known to blah blah blah nonstop! :lmao:

i was thinking it would be cool to run together too! i'm much slower than you are though :rolleyes1 if it doesn't work out we will just have to come up with another disney vacation so we can run together. oh wait, marathon weekend!!! hehe wink wink nudge nudge

doing mountains of laundry right now. going to iron my interview shirt, hope in the shower and fix up my hair a little. then i'm off on the 10:45 bus!

wah.

N--does that mean if I run the full you will do intervals with me???:goodvibes I am too old to run 26 without walk breaks.:thumbsup2

I'm so jealous that you two are meeting up! I wanna go to Disneyworld!! (said in my best whiny 4 year old voice) LOL

Have a blast and save some Rice Krispy treats for me!

I'm so jealous that you two are meeting up! I wanna go to Disneyworld!! (said in my best whiny 4 year old voice) LOL

Have a blast and save some Rice Krispy treats for me!

I'm pretty sure I can't have rice krispy treats so you can have mine.:thumbsup2 I am looking forward to a mickey bar. I might even eat a whole one myself.:goodvibes

Ready for the race to start....building up lots of pre race energy.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter