Biggest Loser Fall Challenge!

Hi Everyone,
I've enjoyed participating in the October Challenge and am looking forward to the next one. I've just been lurking and sending my updates to Samantha and haven't been involved in posting, so I just want to say what a great support you all have been over the past few weeks. I began the challenge at 162 (when I started on my own I was at 165) and I am now down to 145. I have a way to go but I already feel so much better, physically but even more so mentally. Thank you, thank you for sharing the ups and downs over the past few weeks. I will try to post next time, hoping I can help someone else stay motivated (and when that lapses, help them to see it's not the end of the effort but just a new start again.)
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!:hippie:
Buggie

You are doing really well! I remember a BIG difference in the way I felt between 155 and 135, so I can totally understand the big changes you are seeing and feeling!

We would love to have your wisdom and insight for the holiday chat and the next BL challenge! Stay in touch!

Aww, Pamela, I remember when your poor DH was injured. :hug: I'm so glad that he is fully recovered and that you got to experience some real WISH magic during that stressful time. :littleangel: Thanks for being our Christmas elf and hostessing the holiday chat. :santa:

It was a really dark time for me, when DH was hurt. There was about 24+ hours when I didn't even know if he could be the same person every again, when they were concerned about bleeding in the brain, etc. But with prayers and modern medicine, he is better than ever! And being able to come here and "visit" with my friends really kept me going!!:hug:

It was a disappointment being swept and losing my bid for the Coast to Coast medal this year. I've finished four half marathons so I know I can do it. It's just getting this Western girl to finish one at WDW in the heat and humidity that is the challenge this time. :teeth: That is one of the things I've learned from WISH -- never give up!

And I KNOW you won't give up. Fingers crossed that you can attempt another C2C in the near future!!

We are driving to Seattle for Thanksgiving. It is about a 6 hour drive. We drive over the Cascade mountains but it warmer and rainy so we shouldn't have any problems. We will have Thanksgiving with my Mom and dinner Friday night in the revolving restaurant at the Space Needle.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and don't forget to stick around for the results! Who will be the Biggest Loser of the Fall Challenge???

Enjoy your T.giving and safe travels to you my friend! I know that there have been some reports of big snow storms in the NW. Your dinner at the Space Needle sounds AWESOME! A visit there is definitely on my bucket list!

Time to get off my butt and get something done today! I've been on the computer reading and scanning scrapping websites and blogs and such all morning! I need to get productive with my day! TTYL................P

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It is coming to a close, but we have a holiday week to look forward to now!

Made a new recipe for lunch that was easy, healthy, and tasty! It was a quinoa recipe and if anyone is interested I'd be happy to share it!

Got some scrapbook pages done, but I'm mentally done for now. Just gonna fold some towels and watch Amazing Race and go straight to bed. Alarm goes off at 4:00 on Mondays. Got my "just in case" bag packed in the event I get called to work, but I'll still need to throw breakfast and lunch in my bag in the morning. What a pain in the butt. Also got to pack up my gym bag.

G'night all! TTYL..............P

Woo hoo Liz on your maintain for the challenge! :cool1: And congratulations on the new car. :drive:

I definitely want to meet you in January at the big WISH meet. It will be Friday afternoon before the Donald at around 4 p.m. at the All Stars or maybe the Pop. Are you in the WISH FB group? If not, let me know and I can add you. A lot of this stuff seems to be posted there.

It was a disappointment being swept and losing my bid for the Coast to Coast medal this year. I've finished four half marathons so I know I can do it. It's just getting this Western girl to finish one at WDW in the heat and humidity that is the challenge this time. :teeth: That is one of the things I've learned from WISH -- never give up!

Ooh, I am on the FB group - I'll pay attention! I think our dinner reservation (5:30, I think, at Narcoossee's that night - omnomnom!) might interfere with my ability to make the meet, but here's hoping. And maybe we can find a way to say hi in person if I don't make the meet!

XO
Liz

Hi everyone...

Wow! My last post was on Halloween. Here's a short update:

The last time I posted I talked about how we had talked about building a home. Well, that plan isn't going to work out and we haven't been able to find anything in an area that we like that DOESN'T have an HOA. So, we're moving back to TX.

Don't get me wrong I love Florida and love being close to Disney but things have happened in the past year that really has left me with the impression of "Florida is a great place to vacation but as far as living here, I don't like it." I'm angry that we were lied to from day one when we moved here. The sales guy told us whatever the f*** ever just to get a sale on this house. Then we found out from the HOA "Oh you can't do a, b, and c."

I'm ready to go back to Dallas where I have neighbors that we enjoy spending time with and looking out for one another. I want to go back to my hometown where I know everyone and I feel comfortable driving. We put our FL house on the market middle of last week. We've already had one couple come look at it.

If plans go as scheduled we'll be out of here by the 1st or 2nd week of January.

I'll miss being close to Disney but I have to do what is going to make me happy and in the past few months I've been miserable and stressed out. The straw that broke the camel's back was when we were told "Oh well there was a complaint filed on ya'll because of your barking dogs" Are you for real???

I'm done. Get me the hell out of here...

Sorry that the house and area wasn't what you expected. I hope you have a fast sale and find a lovely home in Dallas.

We heard that during the time some people had power and some people who didn't that there were people who had power complaining about the noise of someone's generator. Compared to other people we were so lucky that there is no reason to compain about minor things. Lose your entire house and then you can complain.

Hi everyone...

Wow! My last post was on Halloween. Here's a short update:

The last time I posted I talked about how we had talked about building a home. Well, that plan isn't going to work out and we haven't been able to find anything in an area that we like that DOESN'T have an HOA. So, we're moving back to TX.

Don't get me wrong I love Florida and love being close to Disney but things have happened in the past year that really has left me with the impression of "Florida is a great place to vacation but as far as living here, I don't like it." I'm angry that we were lied to from day one when we moved here. The sales guy told us whatever the f*** ever just to get a sale on this house. Then we found out from the HOA "Oh you can't do a, b, and c."

I'm ready to go back to Dallas where I have neighbors that we enjoy spending time with and looking out for one another. I want to go back to my hometown where I know everyone and I feel comfortable driving. We put our FL house on the market middle of last week. We've already had one couple come look at it.

If plans go as scheduled we'll be out of here by the 1st or 2nd week of January.

I'll miss being close to Disney but I have to do what is going to make me happy and in the past few months I've been miserable and stressed out. The straw that broke the camel's back was when we were told "Oh well there was a complaint filed on ya'll because of your barking dogs" Are you for real???

I'm done. Get me the hell out of here...

I'm SO sorry things haven't worked out for you. I know you went through a lot of thought before making the move. Fingers crossed that the move back to TX goes smoothly.

Morning all! Workout is DONE, kids are dropped off, breakfast is eaten, dishwasher is run.... and I've had waaaay too much coffee!:hyper:

I went to the Y with DD this morning totally prepared to be called to work, but apparently I wasn't needed, so a day at home is on schedule. I have a few loads of laundry to fold and put away that I didn't get to yesterday, but other than that things are okay here, so after the laundry and making beds, I'm free to scrap!

Never made it to last night's Amazing Race, as I went to bed about 8:30 with a headache. DH watched it alone and the kids and I will try to fit it in before bedtime tonight.

Need to text my SIL this morning about my contribution to T.giving dinner (two desserts) and then make a grocery list before hitting Costco and Market Basket tomorrow night.

Had my breakfast in two parts this morning, because of the early hour. Vitamuffin and cheese stick (with coffee) at 5 am and half a low carb pita with three egg whites, half a serving of melon (and coffee;) ) at 8:30 am. But I'm already hungry. Gonna have to search the fridge pretty hard to come up with something today. As far as produce goes, we are literally down to 2 carrots, 1 onion, a few celery stalks, one sweet potato, a head of cabbage, a handful of clementines, a few bananas and 4 apples. I will save the apples for DD's lunches for the next few days and the bananas are for DS. I might roast up the sweet potato for lunch today. Not sure I want to heat up the entire oven for one potato though.

For dinner I will have some of the quinoa and beans I made yesterday. They were yummy and I was going to pack some up and save it in the freezer for school lunch days, but not sure how it would hold up to freezing. I will freeze one portion as a "test". Dinner for the kids will be ????

Here is a BONUS QOTD for those of you who are sticking around with us for now!!

BONUS QOTD: What is your most HATED piece of exercise equipment at the gym?

For me it has to be the spin bikes! I've taken a spin class several times, but I always hate it! That said, I love the feeling of accomplishment when I am done!

BBL to chat!......................P

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It is coming to a close, but we have a holiday week to look forward to now!

Made a new recipe for lunch that was easy, healthy, and tasty! It was a quinoa recipe and if anyone is interested I'd be happy to share it!

I would like to see the quinoa recipe, Pamela. I love quinoa but I have a hard time cooking it. I follow the directions exactly but it always seems too watery. I have been blaming the fact that I have new stainless steel pots with good fitting lids but it could be the chef. ;) Will your kids have school all week?

Ooh, I am on the FB group - I'll pay attention! I think our dinner reservation (5:30, I think, at Narcoossee's that night - omnomnom!) might interfere with my ability to make the meet, but here's hoping. And maybe we can find a way to say hi in person if I don't make the meet!

XO
Liz

There will be other meets. Are you doing the half or the full? We meet up somewhere in the runners area before the half -- or the full, too, I'm sure -- and then there is Scream Teamin' for the full on Sunday at the Beach Club. I'm sure there will be more information on FB and the main thread soon because I do want to say "hello" and meet you. I had the best time chatting with MelindaRuns before the W&D. :love:

Christina, I hope that your house sale goes smoothly and that you can find a situation that makes you happy. :)

Hi Dona! Hope that you have a great week! :flower3:

Most hated piece of equipment in the gym . . . . the elliptical! Evil! :clown:

Have a great day all!

I would like to see the quinoa recipe, Pamela. I love quinoa but I have a hard time cooking it. I follow the directions exactly but it always seems too watery. I have been blaming the fact that I have new stainless steel pots with good fitting lids but it could be the chef. ;) Will your kids have school all week?

I'll find the recipe on my Pinterest page and post it at lunchtime. I will say that this recipe looked a bit soupy when I first checked it, but I left the lid on and let it sit on on the still-warm burner and when I checked it again a few minutes later it was perfect.

Just school today and tomorrow!!:cool1:

There will be other meets. Are you doing the half or the full? We meet up somewhere in the runners area before the half -- or the full, too, I'm sure -- and then there is Scream Teamin' for the full on Sunday at the Beach Club. I'm sure there will be more information on FB and the main thread soon because I do want to say "hello" and meet you. I had the best time chatting with MelindaRuns before the W&D. :love:

Christina, I hope that your house sale goes smoothly and that you can find a situation that makes you happy. :)

Hi Dona! Hope that you have a great week! :flower3:

Most hated piece of equipment in the gym . . . . the elliptical! Evil! :clown:

Have a great day all!

Why do you hate the elliptical? I don't love it because it makes my toes fall asleep, but I don't mind using it. It is a nice change from the stair machine and the treadmill.

Laundry folded and put away, dishwasher unloaded and scrubbed out (ick), and I sat down to scrap and discovered I only had one photo of the next event on the agenda to do, so I had to come here and try to find another one. And of course, since they are swim photos they are all blurry and icky. So my page title will be "Just a Blur"! :thumbsup2 ................P

I don't go to the gym... but if I did, it would probably be a treadmill. I run outside but I kind of have a fear of treadmills. While I'm about 40 lbs down from my initial weight, I still have a fear of people hearing the loud THUD of every step and I also have a fear that I would break it from being too heavy. Crazy right? But that's why I dread it.

On the opposite end of things, I have an elliptical in my house that I got at Dick's Sporting Goods a few February's ago for $300 ;) It helped start my husband and I out on our journey, so it's well loved. It used to be more of a coat rack until we moved it into our living room. It's not pretty, but it helped us on our journey and my husband still uses it. If we put it in the spare room again, it wouldn't get used.. so we'll have to wait awhile to be on the cover of House Beautiful :rotfl2:

I kind of fell out of checking in over here what with our trip and the half marathon. I finished the challenge just above my maintain range. Maybe 3 weigh ins ago, I ended up several pounds up and haven't been able to shake them - like, nearly exactly the same each week since. I'm awesome at maintaining, I guess - but need to get back to the weight I want to maintain! It's only about 3 pounds, but (this sounds crazy) I can totally tell the difference. I've been exercising more but also eating more, so I'll need to watch calories a little better.

Great job to everyone who stuck with the challenge - whatever the outcome!

Thanks everyone...

The tenants lease is up the end of December. We're planning to be back in our house the 1st or 2nd week of January. It just depends on how things go. I want to get a flooring company in there before we move in and get floors put down. Its something I've wanted to do since we've owned the house. I just never did it.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We'll be at Disney starting Sunday and will return home on Friday. My best friend flies in on the 1st and will be here a week. I'm ready for some relaxation away from all the craziness.

Okay the "sports" fashion show was a lot of fun. Saw some really cute styles that I would wear as regular clothes.

Unfortunately they did not have fluffy girl sizes so the only thing I came home with was a new sports bra. Got professionally measured and I was only off a little on size. Wearing a 40D and measured a DD. I have been wearing the new one and can say for regular life it is extremely comfortable. I will take it for a 10K run at the turkeytrot and see how well it works keeping the girls contained in the running life. :love:

They had a couple of local celebs/news ladies and some of the ladies in the local sports arena model the fashions and then the guys from the running store modeled some of the mens fashions. It was pretty funny since it was a girls night out and the only men were the vendors. Of course the guys made it a kind of racy fashion show and they tossed out socks, hats and a few shirts so that was a definate plus. Came home with 2 extra pair of feeture socks that I did not have to pay for.

I dislike the gym as a whole but I really detest the treadmill the most. For me it just seems too jerky and I can run much easier on a track or outside. If I do get on the treadmill I just walk fast. Give me a stability ball a couple of hand weights and my stairs at home and I am much happier. :yay:

I even perfer running oustide in the rain to the treadmill at the gym.

The arm weights... I don't mind the eliptical, the treadmill, or the stair climber. And I don't mind doing weights with my legs either. But I hate weight training with my arms... That said, I do pretty good with the rowing machine though. :goodvibes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate thanksgiving week at the grocery store... Turkeys...turkeys everywhere... That aside, it's actually been going fairly smoothly so far. At least it's better than last year when one older lady had a meltdown because her husband (who had the wallet) went to go check the price on something and was taking forever to get back, so when he did get back, she broke loose and used curse words I didn't know ladies her age knew... :scared: Never a boring moment at the store. :rolleyes2

I had intended to try to go to the gym tonight, but after 7 hours of turkeys and my nose still dripping from my head cold, I came home with a headache so I decided to take it easy tonight.

Hope everybody's doing okay!

DH and I are both doing the half (I can't bring myself to even imagine a full yet!) - it's my first half, too, so I'm extra nervous. :) I'll stay tuned and figure out where to go!

My least favorite piece of gym equipment...the caveat is that I haven't belonged to a gym since I started telecommuting 4 days/week - just couldn't make the logistics work on that new schedule. I think that's part of why I started running - I do an occasional Zumba class, and I love my Jillian DVDs (especially Ripped in 30), but running has become my main exercise. I *never* thought I'd say that!!

Anyway, my least favorite piece of gym equipment has to be the stair climber. It all just feels so pointless, like I'm hauling a** to get nowhere. Like Sisyphus who rolls the rock up the hill just to have it roll back down again, and he has to keep going back for it. All I'm missing is the rock. ;)

We leave tomorrow midday for DMIL's, and I'm in a frenzy of work, baking, and packing...if I'm not back on before Thursday - Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

XO
Liz

Why do you hate the elliptical? I don't love it because it makes my toes fall asleep, but I don't mind using it. It is a nice change from the stair machine and the treadmill.

I'm not sure what I dislike about it so much. :confused3 You would think someone who can do 15 miles on an indoor track could take a few minutes of the elliptical. :rotfl: I'm sure I should give it another try when I am working on my exercise goals for 2013 after the Donald.

I don't go to the gym... but if I did, it would probably be a treadmill. I run outside but I kind of have a fear of treadmills. While I'm about 40 lbs down from my initial weight, I still have a fear of people hearing the loud THUD of every step and I also have a fear that I would break it from being too heavy. Crazy right? But that's why I dread it.

On the opposite end of things, I have an elliptical in my house that I got at Dick's Sporting Goods a few February's ago for $300 ;) It helped start my husband and I out on our journey, so it's well loved. It used to be more of a coat rack until we moved it into our living room. It's not pretty, but it helped us on our journey and my husband still uses it. If we put it in the spare room again, it wouldn't get used.. so we'll have to wait awhile to be on the cover of House Beautiful :rotfl2:

Good way to make sure that equipment is used! :thumbsup2 And obviously you have been very successful, too. :goodvibes

I kind of fell out of checking in over here what with our trip and the half marathon. I finished the challenge just above my maintain range. Maybe 3 weigh ins ago, I ended up several pounds up and haven't been able to shake them - like, nearly exactly the same each week since. I'm awesome at maintaining, I guess - but need to get back to the weight I want to maintain! It's only about 3 pounds, but (this sounds crazy) I can totally tell the difference. I've been exercising more but also eating more, so I'll need to watch calories a little better.

Being awesome at maintaining is everyone's goal. Congratulations! :flower3:

Okay the "sports" fashion show was a lot of fun. Saw some really cute styles that I would wear as regular clothes.

Unfortunately they did not have fluffy girl sizes so the only thing I came home with was a new sports bra. Got professionally measured and I was only off a little on size. Wearing a 40D and measured a DD. I have been wearing the new one and can say for regular life it is extremely comfortable. I will take it for a 10K run at the turkeytrot and see how well it works keeping the girls contained in the running life. :love:

They had a couple of local celebs/news ladies and some of the ladies in the local sports arena model the fashions and then the guys from the running store modeled some of the mens fashions. It was pretty funny since it was a girls night out and the only men were the vendors. Of course the guys made it a kind of racy fashion show and they tossed out socks, hats and a few shirts so that was a definate plus. Came home with 2 extra pair of feeture socks that I did not have to pay for.

I dislike the gym as a whole but I really detest the treadmill the most. For me it just seems too jerky and I can run much easier on a track or outside. If I do get on the treadmill I just walk fast. Give me a stability ball a couple of hand weights and my stairs at home and I am much happier. :yay:

Sounds like a fun show and some good freebies! :goodvibes Sparkleskirts.com has skirts in all sizes. I really love mine. I have several.

The arm weights... I don't mind the eliptical, the treadmill, or the stair climber. And I don't mind doing weights with my legs either. But I hate weight training with my arms... That said, I do pretty good with the rowing machine though. :goodvibes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate thanksgiving week at the grocery store... Turkeys...turkeys everywhere... That aside, it's actually been going fairly smoothly so far. At least it's better than last year when one older lady had a meltdown because her husband (who had the wallet) went to go check the price on something and was taking forever to get back, so when he did get back, she broke loose and used curse words I didn't know ladies her age knew... :scared: Never a boring moment at the store. :rolleyes2

I had intended to try to go to the gym tonight, but after 7 hours of turkeys and my nose still dripping from my head cold, I came home with a headache so I decided to take it easy tonight.

Glad that you decided to take that well deserved rest. :hug: Take care of yourself. :flower3:

DH and I are both doing the half (I can't bring myself to even imagine a full yet!) - it's my first half, too, so I'm extra nervous. :) I'll stay tuned and figure out where to go!

My least favorite piece of gym equipment...the caveat is that I haven't belonged to a gym since I started telecommuting 4 days/week - just couldn't make the logistics work on that new schedule. I think that's part of why I started running - I do an occasional Zumba class, and I love my Jillian DVDs (especially Ripped in 30), but running has become my main exercise. I *never* thought I'd say that!!

Anyway, my least favorite piece of gym equipment has to be the stair climber. It all just feels so pointless, like I'm hauling a** to get nowhere. Like Sisyphus who rolls the rock up the hill just to have it roll back down again, and he has to keep going back for it. All I'm missing is the rock. ;)

We leave tomorrow midday for DMIL's, and I'm in a frenzy of work, baking, and packing...if I'm not back on before Thursday - Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

XO
Liz

A half is plenty for me, too. It is fun and you get to run through the Magic Kingdom. :tink: I have no desire to run a full marathon. As it gets closer we will figure out a way to meet up for sure.

Have a safe trip to DMIL's and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

(As the spouse of a classical scholar and mother to a Latin I student, I always enjoy a good mythical reference in every day conversation. :thumbsup2)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my BL friends!

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread for the results while I am travelling and will see you back here or on the new thread. :santa:

I totally understand about exercise equipment in the house! When I bought my TM many, many years ago (probably at least 10!), I had the delivery men put it in the bedroom, not the basement. I KNEW that I would NEVER, EVER go down to the basement to use it. At least in the bedroom I am forced to see it EVERY SINGLE DAY! Sure, at times it sees more use and other times less use and it makes a great clothes rack! :lmao: In fact, it had about an inch of dust on it last time I used it (because I had been running/walking outside most of the summer and fall), but I am SO GLAD that it is "in the way" every day! I can watch TV or Netflix, talk to the family, listen to the radio, etc. I have windows and sunshine, so in the winter I can pretend I'm outside!

I will be last in line after you for that "House Beautiful" cover shot!

I can SO relate to the 3 pounds! I spent a good portion of the last few months anywhere from 3-5 pounds above my ideal weight and HATED IT! I know at 220 pounds I would have thought I was INSANE to stress about just a few pounds, but it's the truth. I am finally FIRMLY back at the mid-point of my maintenance range and feeling SO MUCH BETTER! (Just in time for holiday eating...;) )

Thanks everyone...

The tenants lease is up the end of December. We're planning to be back in our house the 1st or 2nd week of January. It just depends on how things go. I want to get a flooring company in there before we move in and get floors put down. Its something I've wanted to do since we've owned the house. I just never did it.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. We'll be at Disney starting Sunday and will return home on Friday. My best friend flies in on the 1st and will be here a week. I'm ready for some relaxation away from all the craziness.

Enjoy your visit to Disney and your BF time! Relax and enjoy your last holiday season in FL!

The whole thing sounds like so much fun!! And freebies....:cool1:

Is it the gym atmosphere or the equipment that you dislike??

The rowing machine is KILLER! But I love that it strengthens my arms and shoulders and back! I've come to really appreciate sexy strong arms! And as an "old lady" the strong back is so important! Keep it up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THere had to be some significant upper body exercise in handling all those turkeys all day! Cut yourself some slack and get some rest! Hope the cold is gone quickly! Plenty of rest, fluids, green tea with honey and lemon, more rest, and you should be great by Thursday!

WOOHOO on the half!

I actually HATE the stair climber when I'm on it, but if I am short on time, I can get a good workout in much quicker than walking/running. I try to think of things like the firefighters who had to climb up the twin towers carrying 90 pounds of equipment to save lives. If they can do that to save another person's life, I can certainly climb empty-handed to save my own!

XO
Liz

Enjoy your break and Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

I'm not sure what I dislike about it so much. :confused3 You would think someone who can do 15 miles on an indoor track could take a few minutes of the elliptical. :rotfl: I'm sure I should give it another try when I am working on my exercise goals for 2013 after the Donald.

Just curious. It certainly isn't a VITAL piece of equipment to use. My true confession moment here..... I use the elliptical instead of doing my run/walk on the TM when I am at the gym and there is someone there that intimidates me about my running (another swim parent). She is a triathlete (mini's, not Ironman) and is an exercise BEAST and I get feeling pretty lame running/walking next to her. So if she is there, I tend to hit the elliptical instead of the TM.

(As the spouse of a classical scholar and mother to a Latin I student, I always enjoy a good mythical reference in every day conversation. :thumbsup2)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my BL friends!

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread for the results while I am travelling and will see you back here or on the new thread. :santa:

Safe travels to you my friend and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy TUESDAY-BEFORE-TURKEY-DAY my friends! I am guessing by these posts that the holiday traveling has begun. We won't leave until Thursday morning. There was some thought that we might head as far as MIL's house in MA on Wednesday evening after swim practice (since the pool is an hour south of us it seemed to make sense), but between DD's cold and other things, we've decided to wait and leave Thursday morning. It will make for a longer drive on Thursday (nearly 3 hours to DSIL's house on the Cape), but at least we get one more night in our own beds. And as such, we won't be there in time for the Turkey Trot. NBD.

Tomorrow I will be making the desserts for Thursday and Friday and packing overnight bags. Not a big deal. Hoping we can squeeze in a trip to the theater to see Wreck-It Ralph between a.m. and p.m. swim practices as well.

Tonight I hit the markets... Market Basket, Shaw's, and Costco. Not a ton of stuff to buy, but lots of coupons to use to restock our dwindling pantry supplies and need to buy my dessert and casserole stuff for the weekend. I HATE grocery shopping and HATE using coupons, but it is a necessary evil.

Skipping my workout for today to make things move along a little quicker. I'm sure that all of that shopping and lugging of groceries tonight will count for something of a workout! But tomorrow morning I will be on the TM at the Y bright and early. DD has an "optional" HS swim practice in the morning, but since she is team captain, she feels that she MUST attend, even with her bad cold.

Picked up the 50 pictures I ordered from Walgreen's yesterday and will be making myself some scrapping kits to take along to work on over the holiday weekend.

Here is another BONUS QOTD for those of you still around:

You have to pick JUST ONE Thanksgiving food favorite! What is it and why? (And NO, not an entire category like DESSERT! :rotfl2:).

I'll be back to answer later! .........................P

Quinoa with Black Beans

Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 201 | Previous Points: 4 | Points Plus: 5 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 204 mg | Carbohydrates: 33 g | Dietary fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 7 g

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 medium sweet onion, diced

2 cloves garlic, minced

3/4 cup quinoa (uncooked), rinsed

1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 teaspoon chili powder

1 teaspoon cumin

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)

1/2 teaspoon black pepper Kosher and sea salt to taste

1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chilis

1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes

1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro

1 3/4 cup vegetable broth, low sodium

Directions:

In a large skillet add olive oil, turn to medium-low heat and saute diced onions until tender, about 4 minutes, add garlic and saute one additional minute. Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed above. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low boil and cook 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to sit 5 minutes covered before serving. Fluff quinoa with a large spoon and serve.

Link to website http://skinnyms.com/skinny-quinoa-with-black-beans/

** Here is what I did differently...

I used kidney beans instead of black beans, since that is what I had cooked most recently. NBD. I also added two large ribs of celery, diced, when I put in the onion. I was trying to stretch the recipe a bit more. It was an excellent choice and I will definitely make it that way again... and plan to perhaps add bell peppers next time too.

I've never bought a can of green chilies in my life and don't plan to start now, so of course, I didn't add that.... or the red pepper flakes. I don't do "spicy" as a rule.

I used a can of Rotel diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro, since I didn't have any fresh cilantro on hand. And I used homemade, sodium-free vegetable stock.

I really liked it. The liquid wasn't totally absorbed after the 15 minute cooking time, so I just turned off the heat and let it "glide" to a finish. In about another 10 minutes it was perfect. DS could smell it and thought it smelled great and actually ate an entire bowl! This is my "pizza, burgers, and fries only" boy~! I knew that DD wouldn't eat it (doesn't like beans) and that DH wouldn't eat it (too many carbs), so I really was just thinking of myself when I made it.

When I served myself I put a big plop of warmed fat-free refried beans over the top (kind of like Cool Whip on a sundae:rotfl:) and it was delicious!

I will totally be making this again... it will be great to make on a Sunday and pack up for lunches for the week!

Enjoy!.......................P

You have to pick JUST ONE Thanksgiving food favorite! What is it and why? (And NO, not an entire category like DESSERT! ).

Stuffing. My mom makes it in the bird (no giblets or anything) and whatever she does- it's magical. It's moist enough but then you throw the mushroom gravy on it and I could eat just that alone. I wouldn't need anything else on the plate. I may have done that with leftovers a time or two growing up ;)
Go figure- I go for the carbs as my favorite part. Who'd a thunk it? :rotfl2:

Quinoa with Black Beans

Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 201 | Previous Points: 4 | Points Plus: 5 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 204 mg | Carbohydrates: 33 g | Dietary fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 7 g

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 medium sweet onion, diced

2 cloves garlic, minced

3/4 cup quinoa (uncooked), rinsed

1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 teaspoon chili powder

1 teaspoon cumin

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)

1/2 teaspoon black pepper Kosher and sea salt to taste

1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chilis

1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes

1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro

1 3/4 cup vegetable broth, low sodium

Directions:

In a large skillet add olive oil, turn to medium-low heat and saute diced onions until tender, about 4 minutes, add garlic and saute one additional minute. Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed above. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low boil and cook 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to sit 5 minutes covered before serving. Fluff quinoa with a large spoon and serve.

Link to website http://skinnyms.com/skinny-quinoa-with-black-beans/

** Here is what I did differently...

I used kidney beans instead of black beans, since that is what I had cooked most recently. NBD. I also added two large ribs of celery, diced, when I put in the onion. I was trying to stretch the recipe a bit more. It was an excellent choice and I will definitely make it that way again... and plan to perhaps add bell peppers next time too.

I've never bought a can of green chilies in my life and don't plan to start now, so of course, I didn't add that.... or the red pepper flakes. I don't do "spicy" as a rule.

I used a can of Rotel diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro, since I didn't have any fresh cilantro on hand. And I used homemade, sodium-free vegetable stock.

I really liked it. The liquid wasn't totally absorbed after the 15 minute cooking time, so I just turned off the heat and let it "glide" to a finish. In about another 10 minutes it was perfect. DS could smell it and thought it smelled great and actually ate an entire bowl! This is my "pizza, burgers, and fries only" boy~! I knew that DD wouldn't eat it (doesn't like beans) and that DH wouldn't eat it (too many carbs), so I really was just thinking of myself when I made it.

When I served myself I put a big plop of warmed fat-free refried beans over the top (kind of like Cool Whip on a sundae:rotfl:) and it was delicious!

I will totally be making this again... it will be great to make on a Sunday and pack up for lunches for the week!

Enjoy!.......................P
This sounds fabulous! Thanks for putting in the suggestions for less spice - DD has such a sensitive palate that she can tell if you even looked at the pepper grinder when making her food!

You have to pick JUST ONE Thanksgiving food favorite! What is it and why? (And NO, not an entire category like DESSERT!).

While I'm normally a sucker for sweets, I would have to say stuffing. If I had to, I could enjoy Thanksgiving eating nothing else.
Thanks for this question, it really puts things in perspective and will help me make more thoughtful food choices on Turkey Day!

After 2 hours of exercise last night (and checking out my cinched waist in the compression top I was wearing), I was feeling good. I know I was under my calories for the day. So I weighed myself this morning just to see, and the scale hasn't budged! Not even a tenth! I have literally been within two-tenths of the same weight for 4 weeks! I've been at this long enough to know that results aren't instantaneous, but seriously - is my scale broken? :faint:

You have to pick JUST ONE Thanksgiving food favorite! What is it and why? (And NO, not an entire category like DESSERT! ).

Stuffing. My mom makes it in the bird (no giblets or anything) and whatever she does- it's magical. It's moist enough but then you throw the mushroom gravy on it and I could eat just that alone. I wouldn't need anything else on the plate. I may have done that with leftovers a time or two growing up ;)
Go figure- I go for the carbs as my favorite part. Who'd a thunk it? :rotfl2:

I think it will be a carb treat that most of us have as a favorite!

This sounds fabulous! Thanks for putting in the suggestions for less spice - DD has such a sensitive palate that she can tell if you even looked at the pepper grinder when making her food!

Kids are funny! My DS is a very picky eater with lots of food allergies but has always really liked black pepper (which I don't like at all). Go figure!

You have to pick JUST ONE Thanksgiving food favorite! What is it and why? (And NO, not an entire category like DESSERT!).

While I'm normally a sucker for sweets, I would have to say stuffing. If I had to, I could enjoy Thanksgiving eating nothing else.
Thanks for this question, it really puts things in perspective and will help me make more thoughtful food choices on Turkey Day!

Is is bread stuffing or chestnut or meat stuffing/filling??

After 2 hours of exercise last night (and checking out my cinched waist in the compression top I was wearing), I was feeling good. I know I was under my calories for the day. So I weighed myself this morning just to see, and the scale hasn't budged! Not even a tenth! I have literally been within two-tenths of the same weight for 4 weeks! I've been at this long enough to know that results aren't instantaneous, but seriously - is my scale broken? :faint:

THat sounds so frustrating! I would say that you need to shake things up in a big way, but I don't really know what you HAVE been doing, so hard to make any suggestions. Maybe the extra holiday eating will kick start your metabolism?? :confused3

Well, I ended up doing more housework than I planned this morning, then decided to take advantage of the Walgreens photo sale and order one more batch for the swim book. So here it is, MANY hours later, and I haven't done an actual BIT of scrapping yet! And I still need to organize all my coupons for shopping tonight! Guess I had better get moving! I washed DD's sheets and everyone's pillowcases because of DD's cold, so I need to grab those and put them back on the beds! And I have a towel load all washed to hit the line first thing tomorrow morning.

TTYL................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!