Biggest Loser 8 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers!

Its great to see how everybody is doing over the holidays. I'm happy my DD is starting to feel better. We spent the day at home enjoying ourselves and all trying out Christmas presents. This evening we set up the Disney Cars race car track that we bought with some money we got for Christmas. It was a laugh as we all took turns controlling the cars. :goodvibes

I've decided to take not track at all over the holidays and just have vacation time with exercising. I did about 1.5 hours yesterday and again today on WiiFit Plus :thumbsup2 One thing I don't like about the WiiFit Plus is because I'm in Canada it automatically uses metric, but normally we use lbs for weight not kg, so now I have to pull out the calculator and convert the numbers :mad: They really should be made it an option to pick the units to use.:mad:

pjlla - glad you enjoyed your time scrapbooking while you had the house to yourself

tigger813 - glad you enjoyed your anniversary trip.

jennz - I'm really enjoying the cycling one because its long. I also like the Rhythm Parade. I also like putting together some fo the WiiFit Plus routines into a longer one.

corinna - Julie's book sounds interesting

sskem96 - what's Zumba?

sahbushka - ::yes:: starting weights this Friday!

Yikes weigh in starts Friday! :scared1: I thought I had another week to lose what I had gained :rotfl2:

Shannon I like the rhythm parade too but I ain't got none :lmao: I usually end up with two or three people following me - dd has the whole street lined! It's still fun though.:thumbsup2

I want to try Zumba but...back to the rhythm thing...;) Maybe I'll get a dvd from the library. It's sort of a latin dance class - remember jazzercise? That times 100. Supposed to be an awesome calorie burner and a lot of fun.

We watched UP and then I want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown. DH, DDs and I also played SORRY Sliders that the girls got for Christmas. It's a quick game and everyone can do it! Even the 5 yr old with help!

Bad night of sleep last night between both girls coughing, the howling wind and my mind wandering non-stop. Was awake from 2-6 and then fell back asleep until 8. Heading to see Princess and the Frog with a co-worker and her kids later this morning and then home to probably take a nap! Otherwise I will be out really early!

They were putting out the swim suits at JC Penney the other day, and it made me realize I need to hurry up and get this thing accomplished! There may be several inches of snow on the ground right now, but summer is right around the corner!

Isn't that the truth?!? Welcome back! Sounds like you did a great job maintaining! :thumbsup2

So do we pm luvbaloo our weight friday? Looking forward to this starting back up again. I am hoping to get to my prepregnancy weight by the end of this go round!

Sarah

Yep, Friday is first weigh-in for starting weights. We'll be off to a rip-roarin' start losing this holiday weight right off the bat! :goodvibes

Its great to see how everybody is doing over the holidays. I'm happy my DD is starting to feel better. We spent the day at home enjoying ourselves and all trying out Christmas presents. This evening we set up the Disney Cars race car track that we bought with some money we got for Christmas. It was a laugh as we all took turns controlling the cars. :goodvibes

I've decided to take not track at all over the holidays and just have vacation time with exercising. I did about 1.5 hours yesterday and again today on WiiFit Plus :thumbsup2 One thing I don't like about the WiiFit Plus is because I'm in Canada it automatically uses metric, but normally we use lbs for weight not kg, so now I have to pull out the calculator and convert the numbers :mad: They really should be made it an option to pick the units to use.:mad:

pjlla - glad you enjoyed your time scrapbooking while you had the house to yourself

tigger813 - glad you enjoyed your anniversary trip.

jennz - I'm really enjoying the cycling one because its long. I also like the Rhythm Parade. I also like putting together some fo the WiiFit Plus routines into a longer one.

corinna - Julie's book sounds interesting

sskem96 - what's Zumba?

Glad your DD is feeling better, Shannon!

Yikes weigh in starts Friday! :scared1: I thought I had another week to lose what I had gained :rotfl2:

Shannon I like the rhythm parade too but I ain't got none :lmao: I usually end up with two or three people following me - dd has the whole street lined! It's still fun though.:thumbsup2

I want to try Zumba but...back to the rhythm thing...;) Maybe I'll get a dvd from the library. It's sort of a latin dance class - remember jazzercise? That times 100. Supposed to be an awesome calorie burner and a lot of fun.

No worries, jenn! We'll all get a good start on our group goal this time around if we decide to do that again.

We watched UP and then I want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown. DH, DDs and I also played SORRY Sliders that the girls got for Christmas. It's a quick game and everyone can do it! Even the 5 yr old with help!

Bad night of sleep last night between both girls coughing, the howling wind and my mind wandering non-stop. Was awake from 2-6 and then fell back asleep until 8. Heading to see Princess and the Frog with a co-worker and her kids later this morning and then home to probably take a nap! Otherwise I will be out really early!

Don't you hate it when you can't sleep? Hope that your girls get better soon and that you can get some rest. :hug:

We had a wonderful time at WDW last week. It was crowded and cold but we got a lot done by getting to the parks at rope drop every morning. The Christmas decorations were so beautiful and the Osborne Family Lights is amazing in person.

We had the same room that we had two years ago at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. And a great time watching the animals come and go in our room at the Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House. We love our DVC and the extra room but I'm not so sure having a washer and dryer is a good thing on vacation -- we did 15 loads of laundry in 8 nights! :laundy: Is that crazy or what?!? :lmao:

I'm glad that everyone had a great Christmas and I think that we are off to a great start on our new challenge. I will be starting the chat thread later today or tonight!

Melanie how is that tahini smoothie? I just bought some tahini to make hummus...

I love it, but then again I love tahini and eat it all the time in and on tons of stuff. Do you have a hummus recipe? If not let me know, I have a super easy one that I use ALL the time!

We had a wonderful time at WDW last week. It was crowded and cold but we got a lot done by getting to the parks at rope drop every morning. The Christmas decorations were so beautiful and the Osborne Family Lights is amazing in person.

We had the same room that we had two years ago at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge. And a great time watching the animals come and go in our room at the Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House. We love our DVC and the extra room but I'm not so sure having a washer and dryer is a good thing on vacation -- we did 15 loads of laundry in 8 nights! :laundy: Is that crazy or what?!? :lmao:

I'm glad that everyone had a great Christmas and I think that we are off to a great start on our new challenge. I will be starting the chat thread later today or tonight!

Glad to hear more about your trip. A stay at AKL is on my long wish list of things I want to experience at WDW. And I agree with you about the washer/dryer... it is sort of a mixed blessing. Nice to go home with clean clothes and such, but too much "real world".

Sorry to hear about the coughing. And it seems like sometimes the kids can sleep through their own coughing, but the parents can't!

DS got Sorry Sliders for Christmas also. It is fun and easy and QUICK!! Gotta love that kind of game!

I tried Zumba at my Y about 3-4 years ago. I was SO self-conscious about my weight and being uncoordinated that I only tried it once or twice. DD loved it and did it several times, but the timing didn't work out well with her swim schedule. Then they didn't have the class for a while because the teacher left (she was FABULOUS!) and the new teacher isn't nearly as charasmatic and lively, so I don't see many people in the class when I pass it. All in all, it still looks like fun. It seems to be a combination of Latin and belly dancing. Great if you want some cardio without the boring treadmill or elliptical.

Glad your DD is feeling better. Sounds like you are enjoying your relaxing time as a family.

YIKES... weigh-in is this FRIDAY??? :eek: I think I might have been better over the past few days if I had realized that!! I was going to bring my scale to my Mom's house to weigh-in on Thursday morning any how. I will use Thursday's weight as my official starting weight I guess.

Well, I haven't been to WW in over a month and have hardly been on the boards at all, but thankfully I've maintained through the holidays and am ready to start losing again! I went to my first Zumba class tonight, and will be going 3 times a week starting 1/5. I'll definitely be sore tomorrow, but I really liked the instructor and was able to keep up fine. I decided I want to be at my goal wt. by my 1 yr. anniversary at WW, which is totally doable if I just behave myself! I'm planning on starting back to the meetings on Wed.

They were putting out the swim suits at JC Penney the other day, and it made me realize I need to hurry up and get this thing accomplished! There may be several inches of snow on the ground right now, but summer is right around the corner!

That is what I have to keep telling myself every time it snows... "Summer is right around the corner, summer is right around the corner, summer is right around the corner!"

Nice job on maintaining your weight. Maintaining is definitely under-rated... it is TOUGH. Enjoy your Zumba class and have fun with it!

Morning friends! I can't believe it is almost 11 am.... I need to get my day moving!

I hit the TM this morning for my 5K run and I finished with a new personal best time.... but my foot REALLY hurts now. I ran for a full 40 minutes and then I walked for 5 minutes and tried to run for another 10, but the foot pain was too much and I didn't even finish the full 60 minutes I had planned. I may end up having to visit the doctor this week to see what is up. I would definitely say that this is what a stress fracture feels like, but I've never had one, so how would I really know?? It is just a pain I have had since grocery shopping last Tuesday wearing a pair of worn out exercise shoes and it hasn't gone away yet. So strange.

I am going out this afternoon and may spend a few minutes looking for a new pair of running shoes. I'm pretty sure that these New Balance 608 that I have are cross-trainers or walkers, so I probably need something else. HOpefully I can find something affordable that might solve this pain problem.

I'm off to shower and scrapbook a bit and probably head out later today with DS.... he has a gift left to find for his cousin (we will exchange with them next weekend). I'm looking forward to the new BL9 thread and some new friends to chat with!! .................P

Good morning everybody!

Zumba sounds like fun. And I've got no rhythm on the rhythm parade. I usually have nobody following me. I'll get a follower for a couple beats and then they are gone :lmao:

hope the girls' coughs clear up.
We got Sorry Sliders last year and have had lots of laughs with it. I like that the kids can do just as well as the adults :thumbsup2

The villas sound great. We had a mini-washer & dryer on one trip and it was nice to be able to wash things the kids spilled on but I don't like doing :laundy: on vacation

I hit the TM this morning for my 5K run and I finished with a new personal best time.... but my foot REALLY hurts now. I ran for a full 40 minutes and then I walked for 5 minutes and tried to run for another 10, but the foot pain was too much and I didn't even finish the full 60 minutes I had planned. I may end up having to visit the doctor this week to see what is up. I would definitely say that this is what a stress fracture feels like, but I've never had one, so how would I really know?? It is just a pain I have had since grocery shopping last Tuesday wearing a pair of worn out exercise shoes and it hasn't gone away yet. So strange.

I am going out this afternoon and may spend a few minutes looking for a new pair of running shoes. I'm pretty sure that these New Balance 608 that I have are cross-trainers or walkers, so I probably need something else. HOpefully I can find something affordable that might solve this pain problem.

I'm off to shower and scrapbook a bit and probably head out later today with DS.... he has a gift left to find for his cousin (we will exchange with them next weekend). I'm looking forward to the new BL9 thread and some new friends to chat with!! .................P

hope you got some new shoes. Are you wearing shoes in the house? I had problems with my feet a couple years ago and ended up wearing good shoes all the time until it healed up.

hope you got some new shoes. Are you wearing shoes in the house? I had problems with my feet a couple years ago and ended up wearing good shoes all the time until it healed up.

Nope... I ended up not going out. Maybe tomorrow, before we head to DM's house for the long weekend. I go barefoot (or stocking foot in the winter) 99.9% of the time at home (see my tag). I am in less pain like this than with shoes I think. Plus my best supportive shoes would be my exercise sneakers, and obviously those aren't helping a lot. Maybe I will ice it later.

Well.... can you believe it? I have the house to myself AGAIN!! I totally forgot there was a family drop-in Lego building time at a local library, so I sent DH and DS on their way. Then they have b.ball practice tonight, so I told them to stop and get a pizza in between the two things, so I won't see them until about 7pm!! WOOHOO! So I decided NOT to go out and run my errands. I will do it tomorrow. I couldn't pass up this time at home again!!! This RARELY happens, never mind two days in a row!! Now if I could just stay out of the tub of cookie dough in the fridge, I'd be doing great!............P

I thought SORRY sliders was new! I had never heard of it until DD1 talked about it! It's a great quick game!

Hopefully they will both sleep tonight. I gave them water during the night which seemed to help the tickles in their throats. I've had a sleep deprived headache all day and downing some Cherry Zero now to help with that. Just put the chop suey in the oven. We'll have that for a few days at least!

DH and DD1 just put in Little Big Planet for the first time so I want to go watch them play that while dinner is cooking!

just a quick hello here from work. School vacation is hard to get on the computer. My son is at his cousin's house on the days I work, and I miss my morning computer time after he gets on the bus. I'm proud to say I am on track and journalling all my food and this is day 4. I've lost 4 of the 5.8 pounds I had gained, so I'm working towards getting down to my ending bl8 weight. I'm off tomorrow and heading up to NH to visit my aunt and uncle.

Hope everyone is having a great ending to 2009.

Jumping on to say I have sore arms today. All the fun with the WiiFit Plus has left me with sore arms, but at least its a good type of sore.

Headed out today to open the kids bank accounts, but couldn't get it done - apparently you have to make appointments to open bank accounts :rolleyes: Oh well, we're set to get it done tomorrow and we got a load of crap to the dump and got some other errands done.

Sitting here watching Mickey MouseClubhouse - Adventures in Wonderland right now. The kids are laughing like crazy I love it.

have a great day everybody. I'm going to go put the exercise clothes on and try out my new wrist and ankle weights with the stepper :thumbsup2

Ok so I haven't really kept up with the thread, kind of doing my own thing when time allows.

But I had to come and say I lost 6.2 lbs while at Disney!!!!! :woohoo: I'm so happy that I didn't gain weight on vacation!!

I'm just stopping by with a quick update about the book I had mentioned yesterday, Fat Chance by Julie Hadden

It's really pretty good reading. She's got some good insights and some mildly entertaining stories. I did want to mention that faith seems to be a really major part of Julie's journey and this book includes many quotes from the Bible. I know some will find this to be wonderful, whereas others may find it not to their taste, so I wanted to mention it since I'd brought up the book the other day.

I am really enjoying her perspective on being on the Black Team and working out with Jillian. Interesting quote:

There actually is no such thing as a "last-chance workout" on The Biggest Loser. The term was cooked up for TV. I wishwe would have had them, because that would have meant the other workouts were less intense in nature! In actuality, we worked out siz to eight hours a day every day and every hour was just as hard as the one that had just passed.

Man. Talk about disillusioned! The Last Chance Workout is just more of the same? Hoooo-man.

Ok so I haven't really kept up with the thread, kind of doing my own thing when time allows.

But I had to come and say I lost 6.2 lbs while at Disney!!!!! :woohoo: I'm so happy that I didn't gain weight on vacation!!

:cool1::thumbsup2 way to go!

I'm just stopping by with a quick update about the book I had mentioned yesterday, Fat Chance by Julie Hadden

It's really pretty good reading. She's got some good insights and some mildly entertaining stories. I did want to mention that faith seems to be a really major part of Julie's journey and this book includes many quotes from the Bible. I know some will find this to be wonderful, whereas others may find it not to their taste, so I wanted to mention it since I'd brought up the book the other day.

I am really enjoying her perspective on being on the Black Team and working out with Jillian. Interesting quote:

Man. Talk about disillusioned! The Last Chance Workout is just more of the same? Hoooo-man.

I think I'll have to go to the library and look for that book amongst others. I think its interesting to find out more about what it was really like since what makes it onto TV is such a small portion of their time there.

I think that book sounds interesting too Shannon. Our library doesn't have it, I checked today but I did get Ali Vincent's book - I think it'll be a quick read and it's good so far. I read it today while the girls ice skated. (Yes I know I could have gotten some exercise skating rather than reading but it would have ended with me in serious pain somehow - trust me! I did take breaks and walk around the rink though. ;) )

I also picked up a cookbook by Devin Alexander, the chef on BL - it's something like Fast Food Fix 75 makeovers of your fast food favorites and it looks great! I'm excited to try a bunch of these! Has anyone used this book?

pjlla, hope that your foot starts feeling better soon. :hug: You might want to try rolling a golf ball around under your foot or a soup can to massage the tendon. Don't be afraid to go to the doctor or physical therapist. I had plantar faciitis and waited way too long to get help. I wear orthotics now and walked all over WDW without any problems.

tigger813, hope that you can get some sleep tonight and that your girls are doing better. :hug:

just a quick hello here from work. School vacation is hard to get on the computer. My son is at his cousin's house on the days I work, and I miss my morning computer time after he gets on the bus. I'm proud to say I am on track and journalling all my food and this is day 4. I've lost 4 of the 5.8 pounds I had gained, so I'm working towards getting down to my ending bl8 weight. I'm off tomorrow and heading up to NH to visit my aunt and uncle.

Hope everyone is having a great ending to 2009.

Way to go with a 4 pound weight loss, Kathy! :cool1:

Wow! That is super! :yay:

corinnak and jennz, thanks for telling us about the new books. I'm always looking for easy, quick and healthy dishes.

Yeah! I slept well and am feeling much better today! Minimal coughing from the girls though DD2 is coughing a lot this morning! It's 5 degrees here this morning. Not looking forward to going outside later this morning on the way to work. Client will definitely appreciate the heat on the massage table today!

Plan for today: Go do a 2 mile workout in a few minutes. Have some yogurt and a BL Protein drink for breakfast and a clementine, do some more cleaning and straightening of the new Stuff from Santa, play some games to with DDs, go to work and give a hot stone massage, come home and hang with my girls!

Gotta be good during the day tomorrow as we will be having Chinese and snack stuff tomorrow night for NYE! Also some drinks will be had!

Good morning everyone. I haven't been the best this week. TOo many snacky things around the house. I have been trying but not being too successful

We are still waiting for ds2's visa. It should be here by tomorow at the latest. Keep yours fingers crossed. He is leaving on Sunday night. He has to pack and get some last minute things. I went for his malaria medicine expecting the pharmacy to tell me that it would have to order it. BUT they had it in stock. :yay::yay: Now just the visa.

Have a dentist appointment today. I had one on Monday and she found some cavities so in order to use my insurance money for this year she had some time today. SHe is doing 3 out of the 4 cavities and a gum treatment. Not my favortite thing to do but it has to be done.

Dh and I went to the movies last night. Saw George Clooney in Up in the Air. We enjoyed the entire movie except for the end. I hate endings where you have to guess what happens next. The rest of the movie was a lot of fun. If you are married you might enjoy it a little more. That's the way we felt.

Have a great day everyone.

Tracey hooray for sleeping through the night! It's been a while since you've done that - you must be feeling great today.

pjilla and lisa0711 plantar fasc - :sad2: I have that. I wear my shoes all the time, usually birkentocks or sneakers. It gets better and then comes back. Stretching my calf and achilles helps a LOT, along with some naproxen. I hope your foot gets better soon pjilla!

Donac :hug: for your fillings...

B&M - wow just saw your weight loss, you MUST get to Disney more often!:thumbsup2

Mikamah down 4 excellent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter