Biggest Loser 8 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers!

I'll have to look up that pumpkin pie recipe...that's dh's favorite! I made a WW pumpkin pie cheesecake a few years ago that he loved but it was too much work for me to do again :).

Just checking in -- the shrimp ring was my friend yesterday, and I didn't eat anything I truly didn't really want. My big indulgence was mimosas and a piece of peppermint stick ice cream pie with chocolate frosting. A very special treat for me, I won't have ice cream pie again until Easter. DH got me plenty of chocolate, but luckily it will be easy to portion. I also received the Biggest Loser Wii game and Wii Fit Plus, so I'm ready to really start using the Wii as an exercise tool.

I just did 9M on the TM in 108 minutes, so I'm feeling very pleased -- a new speed record for me! I also weigh exactly what I weighed last Saturday. I'm considering that a loss (mentally), because yesterday I received the gift no woman wants from Mother Nature -- so even with my extra water gain I maintained! I'm hoping to see a real loss next Saturday, which is definitely an incentive to keep NYE to a dull roar. Pass that shrimp ring!

Maria :upsidedow

Merry Christmas to all of my bl friends!:grouphug: The support, acceptance and friendship from all of you have been great!

To all of my friends who've lost someone close to them...let's remember the good times and love...:littleangel::hug:
Amen to this. Sounds like you had a nice holiday, and I too am looking forward to 2010. Enjoy that bodybugg. I'd like to see what my stats would have showed the past 2 day. :rotfl:

I haven't been on in a few days, just didn't want to spend too much time on the computer, and then not be ready for christmas eve. We had our family over here for christmas eve, and it was a really nice night. We bought ornaments with my mom's pic on them and gave them to my siblings, and we laughed and cried, and overall it was good. Christmas day my son and I hung out in the morning playing with his new toys, and walked to mass, and then went visited a couple friends, and met at my sisters for appetizers and dessert in the evening. Today was a chill day, and I hopped on the scale and went to ww and gained 5.8 pounds.:rolleyes1 I know some of that is fluid, but today I did 90 minutes on wii fit, and started tracking my food again. It was tempting to skip ww, but that might have meant another week of eating way too much, and another 5 pounds. I'm planning to really buckle down, and lose this weight for good.

Bonus Round QOTD: We are almost at the end of 2009. Do you have one especially fun or fond memory and/or photo from this year? Thanks corinna for the qotd, and getting me to think back and be grateful for all the good this year. In the spring my son sang we will rock you in the school talent show, and my mom came with me to watch it, and we both filled up because he and his friend just got up on stage and rocked out, like they had been doing it for years. My mom had a beautiful voice, and always sang in church chiors, and she always said that michael has such a beautiful voice, and she was so proud of him that night. I on the other hand can not carry a tune to save my life, and she always teased me about that. This is a pic of them that night.
_MG_3634.jpg

A huge congratulations to TammyAlphabet for being the biggest loser!!!!:cool1:15% is awesome!!!! And a big whoo hoo for all top losers!!!:cheer2: Those are some impressive numbers. Congrats to all of us who stuck this challenge out. We are all winners for doing that!!

We just watched Up, and now I'm being called to watch G-force. I do love these relaxing saturdays.

Hope everyone had a nice christmas.

First of all, Jennz - I'm so sorry if the QOTD was a painful reminder. It was not the most sensitive question for me to ask, given the year I know some on this thread have endured.

Kathy - thanks for sharing that photo - it brings a smile to my face. You can just see how proud your son was and how much joy he brought to your mother as well.

Maria - congratulations on a solid maintain! Not easy to do this time of year, for sure. Also, great job on the treadmill! Way to rock that one out. The TM is still waiting for me tonight. Send me endurance vibes - I'm going for 12 today.

As for me, I had a very on-track Christmas. I started with a weigh in - down .6 for the week. :yay: Since I'd been holding steady the past few, this felt like a real victory. I think I see my lingering love handles shrinking a bit, too!

Foodwise: In the afternoon, I made a fabulous vegetable pot pie and used so much less crust than called for that I took the pie down from 10 points for one slice of double crusted pie to 6 points for a larger serving of filling with a layer of crust on the top. I also made amazing mushroom gravy that was 1 point for 1/3 cup. And finally, Spiked Cranberries with Maker's Mark bourbon, which was amazing and a small splurge, but workable. I used all of my daily points plus 5.5 of my weekly points yesterday. Not bad for a holiday!

Oh, I have fallen in love with the WW pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust from the website. It's amazingly good. I'll just cut & paste it here for anyone who might also like some rockin' 3 point pie!

Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust

POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 65 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Our take on a Thanksgiving classic features a light graham cracker crust. Just the right sweetness to offset the pumpkin pie spice.

Ingredients
3 oz reduced-fat cinnamon graham crackers, about 5 1/2 sheets
1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 large egg white(s)
1 large egg(s)
1/2 cup(s) dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp table salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or less to taste
1 cup(s) canned pumpkin
1/2 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup(s) lite whipped topping
Instructions

* Position rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 350ºF.

* Place graham crackers and light brown sugar in a food processor; process into crumbs (or smash into crumbs in a sealed plastic food bag with a rolling pin). Spoon crumbs into a small bowl; add melted butter and combine with fingers into a coarse meal. Distribute crumbs evenly on bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Chill for 30 minutes before baking. Bake until crust starts to turn golden, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from oven and let cool.

* Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whip egg whites until frothy; fold in egg, dark brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, canned pumpkin and evaporated milk. Beat pumpkin custard until smooth and pour into pie shell. Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 to 55 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces, top each piece with 1/2 tablespoon of whipped topping and serve warm or at room temperature. Yields 1 slice per serving.

For a week in December, my son's school does a program called "Read for 2010" That's what it was called this year anyhow. Last year it was "Read for 2009." And the idea is that you spend a week doing things like "Stop, Drop and Read" and having special guests in to read aloud, a visit from local sports team's mascot, and pajama day. Just a real fun time throughout the school day in honor of reading and looking toward the next year.

It makes me think of this week, the last week in 2009 - our last week to Lose for 2010! I know the challenge is officially over, but I am going to do my best to lose whatever I can this week.

Which leads to a question for or organizers - is there any way we can count the weight we lose in these interim weeks towards, maybe the group goal for next time? I suppose it would not be fair to those who are starting BL 9 next week if it counted toward personal %, but might it be nice to have a little group "extra credit" going in???

Weekend Bonus Round QOTD: Good support is so helpful to weight loss, it is one of the factors that predicts success. Do you have someone who supports you in your efforts and with whom you can discuss your weight loss?

I just wrote a WW blog entry about how my best real-life friend still does not know that I am on WW. Yes, it's been a year. Yes, I've lost over 50 pounds. Yes, she's noticed that I'm "shrinking." But she hasn't asked how I've done it and I haven't told her. I won't go into the reasons why here, since that's not the question, but the responses I've gotten so far have made me realize how lucky I am to have others I could share this journey with.

My husband, Andrew is an amazing source of support. He has a significant amount of weight to lose himself and really struggles if he tries to follow a program at all, but is always willing to listen to me go on about whatever weight related thing I've got going at the moment. He has also lost 15 pounds this year, and I am very proud of him.

And my wonderful C25K friend I met on the DISboards 2 years ago, Kim (AKA kimwim8.) She has had a very challenging year herself, personally, and is struggling with her weight as well, but she's probably my biggest cheerleader. I hope to be able to return the favor for her in 2010.

And last but not least, all the wonderful support on this thread. Special shout outs to my Ohana teammate, Maria! Our fabulous weight-keeper, Shannon, Lisa, our fearless leader & organizer, Donac, or Keeper of the COW and Pamela, who writes encouragement to so many so often. This thread has been a HUGE part of my success this year!! :grouphug:

I hope everyone has had a nice holiday! Today is my 12th anniversary so the dieting and exercise will have to wait another 2 days! We are heading into Boston for an overnight at a nice hotel and a dinner at Morton's Steakhouse! Tomorrow we will walk around Boston and have lunch. Hope it doesn't rain! Tuesday we are meeting a co-worker of mine and her kids to see the Princess and the Frog so guess it will actually be 3 days until I get exercising again!

Up 4.4 for the holidays but shouldn't have a problem working it off with all the exercise videos/games I got for Christmas.

Took the tree down yesterday. Will leave the rest of the decorations up for awhile and take it down slowly after the New Year. My village won't come down until February unless I really get sick of it!

Looking forward to getting healthy with all of you in 2010. I'm coach beginning the 8th so maybe I should start thinking of some questions to ask!

As someone said, "See you on the other side!" 2010 that is!

Happy New Year everyone!:cheer2:

Here’s the final results for all of our Biggest Loser 8 Challenge!
Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars.

First some stats

Total Participants who reported in at least once----------------85
Total Participants who weighed in during the last 3 weeks ------30
Total gains----------------------------------------------------5
Total maintains-----------------------------------------------10
(5 of those only sent in starting weights)

Total losses---------------------------------------------------71:banana::thumbsup2

Biggest Loser 8 Fall Challenge Group Total Loss was 455.9 pounds!:cool1::thumbsup2
Average percentage of weight lost
Of all participants 2.66%:banana:
Of Participants still active at the end 4.62% :banana::banana:

The WISH Biggest Loser 8 Fall Challenge Week 14 Superstars!!
Superstars with losses & still reporting in the last 3 weeks!
Losers with Less than 3% Loss Group:
LuvBaloo
Cinderella Girl
anut4disney
mikamah
sskem96
Worfiedoodles
lisah0711
mullysisters
Disneyjamie

In 3.0-4.9% Loss Group:
donac
redwalker
ALittlePixieDust
princessbride6205
NC Tink
iluvtig2

In the 5.0-6.9% LOSS Group:
jimmduck
pjlla
susan514
ShortyNBug
Lisaviolet

Now for our BIG LOSERS! All of the BIG LOSERS were active in the last 3 weeks. Nobody who dropped out had reached these levels!

In the 7.0-7.9% LOSS Group:
corinnak
50sjayne
seashell724

AND BL8 TOP 4 LOSERS:

#4- 9.74%- sahbushka

#3- 10.70%- dreamlinda

#2- 12.56%- tigger813

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser 8 Fall Challenge Biggest Loser!!

#1- 15.00%- TammyAlphabet

Congratulations TammyAlphabet!!! Keep up the good work!​

Oh my! I am so excited! I have lost a total of 50 pounds, although the cruise I just went off of may have put a few back on. LOL. I will join you guys in the #9 in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all the support and congrats! Tammy

I hope everyone has had a nice holiday! Today is my 12th anniversary so the dieting and exercise will have to wait another 2 days! We are heading into Boston for an overnight at a nice hotel and a dinner at Morton's Steakhouse! Tomorrow we will walk around Boston and have lunch. Hope it doesn't rain! Tuesday we are meeting a co-worker of mine and her kids to see the Princess and the Frog so guess it will actually be 3 days until I get exercising again!

Up 4.4 for the holidays but shouldn't have a problem working it off with all the exercise videos/games I got for Christmas.

Took the tree down yesterday. Will leave the rest of the decorations up for awhile and take it down slowly after the New Year. My village won't come down until February unless I really get sick of it!

Looking forward to getting healthy with all of you in 2010. I'm coach beginning the 8th so maybe I should start thinking of some questions to ask!

As someone said, "See you on the other side!" 2010 that is!

Happy New Year everyone!:cheer2:

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you had a good day in Boston. Sorry that the weather may not have been cooperative!!

Lucky you getting the tree down. Mine is still haunting me! I want it gone, but I want to wait and hang the ornament that DD ordered for me. I hope it will arrive tomorrow. I can hang it, take a photo, and then say BYE-BYE to the tree!!

First of all, Jennz - I'm so sorry if the QOTD was a painful reminder. It was not the most sensitive question for me to ask, given the year I know some on this thread have endured.

Kathy - thanks for sharing that photo - it brings a smile to my face. You can just see how proud your son was and how much joy he brought to your mother as well.

Maria - congratulations on a solid maintain! Not easy to do this time of year, for sure. Also, great job on the treadmill! Way to rock that one out. The TM is still waiting for me tonight. Send me endurance vibes - I'm going for 12 today.

As for me, I had a very on-track Christmas. I started with a weigh in - down .6 for the week. :yay: Since I'd been holding steady the past few, this felt like a real victory. I think I see my lingering love handles shrinking a bit, too!

Foodwise: In the afternoon, I made a fabulous vegetable pot pie and used so much less crust than called for that I took the pie down from 10 points for one slice of double crusted pie to 6 points for a larger serving of filling with a layer of crust on the top. I also made amazing mushroom gravy that was 1 point for 1/3 cup. And finally, Spiked Cranberries with Maker's Mark bourbon, which was amazing and a small splurge, but workable. I used all of my daily points plus 5.5 of my weekly points yesterday. Not bad for a holiday!

Oh, I have fallen in love with the WW pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust from the website. It's amazingly good. I'll just cut & paste it here for anyone who might also like some rockin' 3 point pie!

Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust

POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 65 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Our take on a Thanksgiving classic features a light graham cracker crust. Just the right sweetness to offset the pumpkin pie spice.

Ingredients
3 oz reduced-fat cinnamon graham crackers, about 5 1/2 sheets
1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 large egg white(s)
1 large egg(s)
1/2 cup(s) dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp table salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, or less to taste
1 cup(s) canned pumpkin
1/2 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup(s) lite whipped topping
Instructions

* Position rack in middle of oven. Preheat oven to 350ºF.

* Place graham crackers and light brown sugar in a food processor; process into crumbs (or smash into crumbs in a sealed plastic food bag with a rolling pin). Spoon crumbs into a small bowl; add melted butter and combine with fingers into a coarse meal. Distribute crumbs evenly on bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Chill for 30 minutes before baking. Bake until crust starts to turn golden, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from oven and let cool.

* Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whip egg whites until frothy; fold in egg, dark brown sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, canned pumpkin and evaporated milk. Beat pumpkin custard until smooth and pour into pie shell. Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 to 55 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces, top each piece with 1/2 tablespoon of whipped topping and serve warm or at room temperature. Yields 1 slice per serving.

For a week in December, my son's school does a program called "Read for 2010" That's what it was called this year anyhow. Last year it was "Read for 2009." And the idea is that you spend a week doing things like "Stop, Drop and Read" and having special guests in to read aloud, a visit from local sports team's mascot, and pajama day. Just a real fun time throughout the school day in honor of reading and looking toward the next year.

It makes me think of this week, the last week in 2009 - our last week to Lose for 2010! I know the challenge is officially over, but I am going to do my best to lose whatever I can this week.

Which leads to a question for or organizers - is there any way we can count the weight we lose in these interim weeks towards, maybe the group goal for next time? I suppose it would not be fair to those who are starting BL 9 next week if it counted toward personal %, but might it be nice to have a little group "extra credit" going in???

Weekend Bonus Round QOTD: Good support is so helpful to weight loss, it is one of the factors that predicts success. Do you have someone who supports you in your efforts and with whom you can discuss your weight loss?

I just wrote a WW blog entry about how my best real-life friend still does not know that I am on WW. Yes, it's been a year. Yes, I've lost over 50 pounds. Yes, she's noticed that I'm "shrinking." But she hasn't asked how I've done it and I haven't told her. I won't go into the reasons why here, since that's not the question, but the responses I've gotten so far have made me realize how lucky I am to have others I could share this journey with.

My husband, Andrew is an amazing source of support. He has a significant amount of weight to lose himself and really struggles if he tries to follow a program at all, but is always willing to listen to me go on about whatever weight related thing I've got going at the moment. He has also lost 15 pounds this year, and I am very proud of him.

And my wonderful C25K friend I met on the DISboards 2 years ago, Kim (AKA kimwim8.) She has had a very challenging year herself, personally, and is struggling with her weight as well, but she's probably my biggest cheerleader. I hope to be able to return the favor for her in 2010.

And last but not least, all the wonderful support on this thread. Special shout outs to my Ohana teammate, Maria! Our fabulous weight-keeper, Shannon, Lisa, our fearless leader & organizer, Donac, or Keeper of the COW and Pamela, who writes encouragement to so many so often. This thread has been a HUGE part of my success this year!! :grouphug:

First of all, thanks for the special shout-out. :hug:

Second... thanks for the recipe. I think I will make it for NYE!! I'm excited to have a nice light dessert to make!

Amen to this. Sounds like you had a nice holiday, and I too am looking forward to 2010. Enjoy that bodybugg. I'd like to see what my stats would have showed the past 2 day. :rotfl:

I haven't been on in a few days, just didn't want to spend too much time on the computer, and then not be ready for christmas eve. We had our family over here for christmas eve, and it was a really nice night. We bought ornaments with my mom's pic on them and gave them to my siblings, and we laughed and cried, and overall it was good. Christmas day my son and I hung out in the morning playing with his new toys, and walked to mass, and then went visited a couple friends, and met at my sisters for appetizers and dessert in the evening. Today was a chill day, and I hopped on the scale and went to ww and gained 5.8 pounds.:rolleyes1 I know some of that is fluid, but today I did 90 minutes on wii fit, and started tracking my food again. It was tempting to skip ww, but that might have meant another week of eating way too much, and another 5 pounds. I'm planning to really buckle down, and lose this weight for good.

Bonus Round QOTD: We are almost at the end of 2009. Do you have one especially fun or fond memory and/or photo from this year? Thanks corinna for the qotd, and getting me to think back and be grateful for all the good this year. In the spring my son sang we will rock you in the school talent show, and my mom came with me to watch it, and we both filled up because he and his friend just got up on stage and rocked out, like they had been doing it for years. My mom had a beautiful voice, and always sang in church chiors, and she always said that michael has such a beautiful voice, and she was so proud of him that night. I on the other hand can not carry a tune to save my life, and she always teased me about that. This is a pic of them that night.
_MG_3634.jpg

A huge congratulations to TammyAlphabet for being the biggest loser!!!!:cool1:15% is awesome!!!! And a big whoo hoo for all top losers!!!:cheer2: Those are some impressive numbers. Congrats to all of us who stuck this challenge out. We are all winners for doing that!!

We just watched Up, and now I'm being called to watch G-force. I do love these relaxing saturdays.

Hope everyone had a nice christmas.

Glad you were able to end the year with happy memories of your Mom. Your DS sounds like a FUN kid!!

I agree about those relaxing Saturdays.... but mine had to be a relaxing Sunday instead. DD's flight got delayed yesterday, so I spent a good portion of my day at the airport with her (yes.... I am one of those neurotic people who actually arrive the "recommended" two hours ahead of a domestic flight.... so we had lots of time to kill at the airport!). My parents went home today, so today was my relaxing day. I even took a bath after my 5.6 mi on the treadmill. I probably haven't taken a bath in months and months! I'm always in too much of a hurry. But I took a long relaxing soak in our jacuzzi tub with a book and a bottle of seltzer.

I've had some trouble ignoring all of the leftover bits and pieces of dessert around here, but I think it is mostly gone, so I may be okay now. I even avoided chips and salsa that DH and DS snacked on today (okay... I had three chips from DS's plate!!;) ) The cookies, squares, rice crispie treats, and such are gone, thank goodness. I had an OP breakfast and lunch and did 71 minutes on the treadmill. I also made a new personal best time for my 5K!! I figured out what why I was having trouble with running at home on my own TM (I don't have trouble at the Y). The incline on my treadmill never gets completely flat, so I was running uphill.... not at a really significant grade, but still uphill nonetheless. I put a piece of lumber under the back of the TM and checked the it with the level and it was good, and I was able to do my full 5K plus some!

I'm going to try and get a bit of scrapbooking done tonight. DH and I are taking DS and maybe a friend to see Avatar tomorrow. I don't really want to see it, but DS does. Maybe I could talk DH into going without me??

Have a good evening friends!....................P

Hey everyone,
I'm really looking forward to the new challenge. Today I worked on getting back into eating healthy food.

Breakfast: Tahini Smoothie (plain yogurt, tahini and frozen banana)

Lunch: Mexican Salad (blackbean & tahini dip, spinach, gaucamole, crumbled Mary's Gone Crackers & Sunflower seeds)

Dinner: Healthy Homemade Creamy Mushroom Soup

It feels good to start to think about eating healthy again!

Hello Losers!:grouphug:

Mikamah - Love the pic of your mom and son!! Thanks for sharing!

Corrinak - Don't worry at all about the qotd - I didn't think it was insensitive at all. I was considering not posting my answer because I didn't want to come across as bitter, but I have been honest on this thread and you all have been great so I stuck with it. I'm sure there was good this year and I'll be able to remember it one day.:hug: Thanks for posting the ww pumpkin pie recipe - I just told dh and he's excited to try it. :rotfl:

Melanie how is that tahini smoothie? I just bought some tahini to make hummus...

We were in Sam's today, I came very close to buying a Leslie Sansone 3-dvd pack for only $13 but didn't - I just got the BL game for wii and have to get tired of it first. lol

Forgot to add Corinna - read your blog and your bf really doesn't know? Wow! I'd feel the same way you do though, absolutely! If you want to tell her, though, and "let it out," because it really isn't that big of a deal, and you know her well enough to know not to expect much (it sounds like) - next time she comments on your weight you can just say "thanks, I've been on ww for the past year." If she's negative cut her off right then and tell her you respect her opinion but don't share it and would prefer not to talk about it. Would that work?

It's great that your dh is so supportive! Mine is too (they are great aren't they?), and he is also trying to lose weight. He wants to buy frozen dinners etc - I want to just cook better meals. Maybe I could portion his out or something...he has been motivated back into exercising the past few days since I have been.

Jennifer! I'm so glad you didn't find the QOTD to be hurtful - I'm glad you shared your feelings on the topic. I've had years like that as well, where it felt at the end of it like most of what there was to look back on was not fun or happy. Sharing your feelings about those years is more difficult but at least as important as sharing about good times. :hug:

About my bf not knowing - I know, it's crazy right? She's been busy with nursing school the past 3 years, so between tests and labs and the hassles of financial aid and anxiety about getting a job in this climate, my changing appearance has been a relatively minor league on her radar. Maybe it's been for the best, actually. And in the end, it isn't really important for her to know how I got to this slim, healthy place. The funny thing is, I think she thinks she knows how I've been losing - she credits 100% of it to running. In reality, running is probably about 15-20% of it. She's at a healthy weight so she doesn't really need my experience or wisdom on the subject, so I think I'm just going to leave things where they are. Thank you so much for looking at my blog! :)

I haven't been on the computer in a few days, so I'm slowly getting caught up again.

It sounds like many of you had great Christmas's. I enjoyed Christmas even though one DD has been sick. Nothing major, just fever since Christmas eve, and a bit of a cough. We really debated on staying home on Christmas Day instead of driving to my Mom's (1.5hours), but DD really wanted to go and I knew she would enjoy the day more on their couch than on ours. We ended up staying up there for a couple nights and then came home today.

I'm excited the I got the WiiPlus for Christmas as well on some wrist and ankle weights and an exercise belt. In the Boxing Day sales, I some new exercise clothes :thumbsup2 This evening I tried out the WiiPlus and I'm really happy with it!

I'll see you in BL9 thread :goodvibes

Morning all!! Glad so many of you are still around to chat.

DS has his best friend coming over to play today and then we are taking the boys to see Avatar. I don't really care to see it, but I haven't yet talked to DH about going without me.

I slept in (8:15 is really late for me!) and did my 4 mi WATP DVD. I did it WITHOUT ankle weights, as I have been having some knee pain lately. I think I need new running sneakers. My usual exercise shoes just aren't cutting it any more. I'm finishing up my breakfast and checking email and such here and then I will hit the shower and try to renew order to this house.

I did get in a bit of scrapbooking time at my table yesterday, but not as much as I had hoped. I am SO far behind where I wanted to be at the end of this year, in regards to my scrapbooking. oh well.

I did overindulge a bit last night with a small serving of light ice cream. It put me over my points for the day, but I'm not going to stress about it too much.

DD is in FL enjoying her time with her cousin and swimming at Miami beach! Lucky girl! She has texted me every few hours to let me know what they are up to and where they are going. I told her she doesn't need to do that, but I think she wants to. And she sends me lots of pictures!

Well.... off to check that pesky email and then hit the shower before DS's friend arrives! Have a super-duper day!............P

Hi All,

Back from my anniversary trip to Boston with DH! Very relaxing and great food! Ate too much but I will be back OP this week! We sat in our room last night and watched Season One of the Big Bang Theory and watched planes land and take off from Logan Airport. We had a Harbor view room and could see the hotel that we spent our wedding night at from our room!

Snowing hard when we got home but it's lightening up now.

Girls are cleaning their rooms and if they ever finish we might watch movies and play some PS3 (Lego Rock Band, Beatles, Indiana Jones, and maybe some Queen Sing Star!).

Time to fix the girls some lunch.

Hi All,

Back from my anniversary trip to Boston with DH! Very relaxing and great food! Ate too much but I will be back OP this week! We sat in our room last night and watched Season One of the Big Bang Theory and watched planes land and take off from Logan Airport. We had a Harbor view room and could see the hotel that we spent our wedding night at from our room!

Girls are cleaning their rooms and if they ever finish we might watch movies and play some PS3 (Lego Rock Band, Beatles, Indiana Jones, and maybe some Queen Sing Star!).

Sounds like a great trip! And eating too much is fine as long as it's once in a while right? I love the realistic approach that you have, it grounds me when I freak out b/c I ate a cookie and decide that I might as well quit.;)

Laughing about your girls cleaning their rooms - sounds like my house today! A 20 minute job takes 3 hours.:rotfl:

Pjilla - same comment to you about eating your ice cream, you're over your points but not stressing about it. Once in a while is fine. I love when you guys post things like that so I can keep everything in perspective!

Yes lucky girl in Miami - it's 19 here - the beach sounds lovely! I've never been to Miami but it looks beautiful. Did you go and see Avatar today or did you get out of it? I can't wait to see it - that and Sherlock Holmes.;)

LuvBaloo - what are you doing on your wii fit plus? I like the cycling on there! How's your dd doing?

Corrina - you're quite welcome! Plus it was fun seeing a picture of you - you look fabulous!

50sjayne - much delayed post but loved the pic of you w/Guy - that must have been a blast! I love how you said that you got so shy around him, I would have too. ;)

Mullysister - even more delayed post - my Christian walk away the pounds is actually on a vhs tape, it's not a cd. Sorry. :(

It took the girls awhile but they finally finished cleaning. They are playing Indiana Jones Lego on the PS3 now! Need to think about supper now and pick a movie we can all watch together!

Definitely get back on some sort of track on Wednesday as I have to get back to work! Hope to do some sort of exercise tomorrow at some point. Off to the movies at a cinema/pub for lunch tomorrow so I probably won't eat too well! Think I'll check out the menu tonight. Think it's time to watch a movie now too!

Jennz - thank you so much! I took that picture with my webcam right after I got my hair cut and colored....basically purplish red last a few weeks ago. :laughing: It's toned down a little now!

I ran 12 miles on the TM yesterday and then went to a friend's house for some sledding. They have a big, big hill and the kids had a great time! My youngest is 6 now and was able to tote his own sled, even! I was amazed by how unbothered my legs were by all the tromping around in the snow after my 2 1/2 hours on the TM earlier in the day! It used to be a long run like that, I'd feel exhausted after. I think the bodypump classes have really increased the stamina and resilience in my legs.

Since I was at the Y this morning for yet another round of bodypump, I stopped by the front desk and asked about these 10 week "FIT clubs" they have It sounded like a good way to maybe meet a few new friends and get my body fat calipers-tested. The one I signed up for is actually called "10 pounds in 10 weeks" and I astounded myself by actually saying "I'm not sure I want to lose 10 pounds." Wow - I don't remember ever saying anything like that.

I'll tell you what I would like - I'd like that healthy hip to waist ratio. It's better than it used to be, for sure, but now it seems like my hips keep getting smaller faster than my waist!!! Maddening. I have another question. If I somehow manage to ditch some more of my stubborn belly fat, if I gain a few pounds will they go right back to my waist or will they have the decency to spread themselves out a little? :laughing:

I just got a new book in the mail today: Fat Chance by Julie Hadden - Julie from Biggest Loser season 4!! It's interesting because it has a lot about how she got cast and stuff you never see on the show.

Taking my kids to the mall tonight. My 6 y/o wants to spend his own money to get some juggling balls of his own. His brother was given some as a gift. Who knew the younger one would be the one with enough excitement and persistence to constantly use them? Well, actually, I could have told you that. ;) This boy's persistence is a gift and will serve him well, but it was, at times, the cause of much frustration for me over the first 4-5 years of his life!

Makes me think of our own journeys, though. This is as hard a task as learning to juggle when you are 6. There is no better ally to our success than persistence. That willingness to pick up the balls and try it again, as many times as it takes. Eventually, with enough do-overs and practicing, anything is possible and we can even become proficient! I feel like I'm there now - I'm juggling, and it's OK. But the next step is the one that scares me. Some people - some crazy people - get so good at juggling that they can actually run a marathon while they are doing it! Can you even imagine? It's called "Joggling" and to me, that's what maintenance looks like. Joggling. Keeping the balls in the air, longterm, while you're going through the other challenges of life. If you drop the balls, you pick them up and keep on going. Check out this guy joggling! He looks so comfortable with it!

Hi All,

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Glad it was relaxing. How much snow did you end up with? We only got a few inches, but it came down HARD for a while! I took a picture with my cell phone and texted it to DD in FL.... but I'm sure she is not jealous!!

Sounds like a great trip! And eating too much is fine as long as it's once in a while right? I love the realistic approach that you have, it grounds me when I freak out b/c I ate a cookie and decide that I might as well quit.;)

Pjilla - same comment to you about eating your ice cream, you're over your points but not stressing about it. Once in a while is fine. I love when you guys post things like that so I can keep everything in perspective!

Yes lucky girl in Miami - it's 19 here - the beach sounds lovely! I've never been to Miami but it looks beautiful. Did you go and see Avatar today or did you get out of it? I can't wait to see it - that and Sherlock Holmes.;)

I guess that is one of the BIG changes I have made along this weight loss journey. I don't throw in the towel if I have a "bad" meal (or day or week for that matter!!). I am able to regroup and readjust my thinking and get back on plan quicker than ever before.

Yes, DD IS a lucky girl. I hope she realizes it. We couldn't afford to always travel like some people in our family do, but we are SO lucky that they want to include our kids. Today she went horseback riding and the last text-picture I got was of her and her cousin in the pool... sunny and in the 70's today.

I did get out of going to the movies. I figured I saved the ticket price PLUS I was able to avoid the movie popcorn and goodies and the post-movie trip to McDonalds! But DS and his friend had a good time, I'm sure. DH just called to say they are on their way home. He said I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the movie, so just as well I skipped it. PLus it is good for DH to have some time with DS. DH works a lot and he rarely had time like this with the kids. I have LITERALLY been sitting at my scrapbook table since they left. I got a LOT done and I am excited about that.

It took the girls awhile but they finally finished cleaning. They are playing Indiana Jones Lego on the PS3 now! Need to think about supper now and pick a movie we can all watch together!

Definitely get back on some sort of track on Wednesday as I have to get back to work! Hope to do some sort of exercise tomorrow at some point. Off to the movies at a cinema/pub for lunch tomorrow so I probably won't eat too well! Think I'll check out the menu tonight. Think it's time to watch a movie now too!

We have so much trouble finding a "family" movie that we can all agree on, now that the kids are a bit older (14 and almost 12). What did you end up watching?

Jennz - thank you so much! I took that picture with my webcam right after I got my hair cut and colored....basically purplish red last a few weeks ago. :laughing: It's toned down a little now!

I ran 12 miles on the TM yesterday and then went to a friend's house for some sledding. They have a big, big hill and the kids had a great time! My youngest is 6 now and was able to tote his own sled, even! I was amazed by how unbothered my legs were by all the tromping around in the snow after my 2 1/2 hours on the TM earlier in the day! It used to be a long run like that, I'd feel exhausted after. I think the bodypump classes have really increased the stamina and resilience in my legs.

Since I was at the Y this morning for yet another round of bodypump, I stopped by the front desk and asked about these 10 week "FIT clubs" they have It sounded like a good way to maybe meet a few new friends and get my body fat calipers-tested. The one I signed up for is actually called "10 pounds in 10 weeks" and I astounded myself by actually saying "I'm not sure I want to lose 10 pounds." Wow - I don't remember ever saying anything like that.

I'll tell you what I would like - I'd like that healthy hip to waist ratio. It's better than it used to be, for sure, but now it seems like my hips keep getting smaller faster than my waist!!! Maddening. I have another question. If I somehow manage to ditch some more of my stubborn belly fat, if I gain a few pounds will they go right back to my waist or will they have the decency to spread themselves out a little? :laughing:

I just got a new book in the mail today: Fat Chance by Julie Hadden - Julie from Biggest Loser season 4!! It's interesting because it has a lot about how she got cast and stuff you never see on the show.

Taking my kids to the mall tonight. My 6 y/o wants to spend his own money to get some juggling balls of his own. His brother was given some as a gift. Who knew the younger one would be the one with enough excitement and persistence to constantly use them? Well, actually, I could have told you that. ;) This boy's persistence is a gift and will serve him well, but it was, at times, the cause of much frustration for me over the first 4-5 years of his life!

Makes me think of our own journeys, though. This is as hard a task as learning to juggle when you are 6. There is no better ally to our success than persistence. That willingness to pick up the balls and try it again, as many times as it takes. Eventually, with enough do-overs and practicing, anything is possible and we can even become proficient! I feel like I'm there now - I'm juggling, and it's OK. But the next step is the one that scares me. Some people - some crazy people - get so good at juggling that they can actually run a marathon while they are doing it! Can you even imagine? It's called "Joggling" and to me, that's what maintenance looks like. Joggling. Keeping the balls in the air, longterm, while you're going through the other challenges of life. If you drop the balls, you pick them up and keep on going. Check out this guy joggling! He looks so comfortable with it!

I'm going to request that book at my library this week. I would love to read it.

I'm with you on the belly fat versus hip fat. But I think that most of my waist trouble is actually just loose leftover skin.... ICK. NOthing short of a tummy tuck is going to make that go away. Glad you are noticing a difference in your endurance. I am too.

I should ask about something like that FIT club at my YMCA. I really need to meet some new, like-minded people (real people, not imaginary friends, like you guys!! :rotfl:).

I didn't watch the joggling video yet... but I like your analogy about keeping the balls in the air, etc.... it is great food for thought!

As I mentioned, I have made the most of my alone time here at home. Scrapping is my fun/relaxing/creative/"me" time and I certainly don't get enough of it. But I am feeling good about how much I got done today. And I haven't even THOUGHT about dinner yet because I was so caught up in what I was doing!

Gotta make the most of my last few minutes alone! I'll hop back on tomorrow to see how everyone is doing!................P

Well, I haven't been to WW in over a month and have hardly been on the boards at all, but thankfully I've maintained through the holidays and am ready to start losing again! I went to my first Zumba class tonight, and will be going 3 times a week starting 1/5. I'll definitely be sore tomorrow, but I really liked the instructor and was able to keep up fine. I decided I want to be at my goal wt. by my 1 yr. anniversary at WW, which is totally doable if I just behave myself! I'm planning on starting back to the meetings on Wed.

They were putting out the swim suits at JC Penney the other day, and it made me realize I need to hurry up and get this thing accomplished! There may be several inches of snow on the ground right now, but summer is right around the corner!

So do we pm luvbaloo our weight friday? Looking forward to this starting back up again. I am hoping to get to my prepregnancy weight by the end of this go round!

Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!