Biggest Loser 10 Fall Challenge -- for losers and maintainers :)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick drop-in, I'm feeling terrible today :sick: Sore throat, achy all over, headache, but I'm trying to stay at work b/c of a meeting we're having this afternoon :sad2:

Hope you're feeling better today :hug:

:hug: I’ve been having that problem with breakfast. I’m not ready to eat at 5:30 AM so I eat something very small, but by the time I get to work, I’m ready to eat. I’m working on it. :goodvibes to you.

And funny, this morning I'm not that hungry. Go figure :confused3

After DD2 got on the bus I headed to the mall. Got there 10 minutes before it opened. I met an employee of the Disney Store on the way in so we got chatting. Then I saw that they had the soft Rapunzel doll that was not available at the World of Disney store last week. And all the plush dolls were buy 1 get 1 so I got the Rapunzel doll and a Stitch plush in pjs that DD1 will go nuts over. Then I got my dad a Sears gift card and headed up to get my DB and DSIL a Pottery Barn gift card. Then I headed to Build A Bear and was able to use all $35 in certificates I had. I got a Santa outfit, a C3PO costume and a Han Solo costume and it only cost my $9!!!! I was out of the mall by 9:30!!! Next I headed to Target and got supplies for DH to make fudge and a few other things including my Peppermint light ice cream. I then ran into Staples to get a few gift cards there. Then I headed home to put the ice cream away and then went to the PO and grocery store, CVS and a gift store that my mom loves to get her a few things. THen I came home to wait for the kids and get the rest of the Christmas cards done which DD1 helped me with. We made some mint chocolate chip cookies. I had a little bit of dough and one cookie. I had a sandwich for lunch and for supper I had a protein shake and one slice of cheese pizza. I've been drinking a lot of water so I should be ok.

Wow, sounds like you got a ton done :cool1:

Poor thing, the pain was so bad, she got up at 4am thinking she was going to be sick, passed out, hit her head, and they couldn't get her up. When the ambulance finally got her to the hospital, they removed 5c. of blood from her abdomen, preliminary diagnosed as ruptured spleen, sent her to a larger hospital, where they found the ruptured cyst. Because of all the diagnosis, she has a very large incision which is impeding her recovery. Hope she got to come home last night, but I haven't heard yet.

Oh that poor girl, that is much worse than what I went through and to pass out on top of everything. I hope she's starting to recover :goodvibes

Good morning! I thought I'd have ample time to post this morning, but michael woke up and came in my bed an asked if I was the tooth fairy. It was so deja vu, when I was a kid, I remember coming in my mom's bedroom when I had lost a tooth and she was sitting at her bureau putting her hair in curlers and I asked her if there was a tooth fairy, and she said no, then I asked about the easter bunny, and then santa. Of course I remember her easily answering me but I had a hard time telling michael the truth. I kind of felt him out and but I did say that yes, I was his tooth fairy, and he was just fine with it. I saved his teeth, and showed them to him, and he thought that was cool. He was about to go get dressed and then asked about the easter bunny, so we talked about that. I suggested he go watch a quick show before school, in hopes that I can ward off the santa talk right now. I know it's coming, but I'd love it to wait til 12/26. That boy is growing up. Bittersweet feelings, but so grateful for all I have in my life today.

DVCcruiser-I'll send you a pm later about our dentist. We've had some issues, and changed dentists a few years ago. I think most kids start around age 3, but I'm not sure on that. Michael goes to fun club run by danvers rec. It's the after school program run at 2 schools and it's very reasonably priced and he loves it. They do lots of fun things, and it's run by mostly young adults who have mostly been there his full 4 years so far. In town, there is that, and the Y. When he was in K, it was part time, so he did the Y on his 2 days off, and fun club on his school days, and we both like the fun club better, but I know many people who go to the y.

Oh no, doesn't it seems so bitter sweet? So sad that this might be the last year for Santa. I have been hearing that a lot from people this year. A friend of mine said her daughter won't let her read the Christmas list that she wrote on the computer this year. She thinks she's testing her, which is probably right. My niece is 10 now, I wonder if she's on the fence too. I'll have to ask my sister.

Thanks for the after school info, I will keep that written down somewhere since I know I'll be needing it some day. I actually signed up Dylan for a nice preschool in town that's hard to get into. I signed him up before he was even born, but the daycare he goes to now has preschool too, so I'll probably end up canceling the other one. The daycare preschool is 7:30-6:00 so it's better than the other one which is only 9-1.

Very few friends knew he would be there, and even as I waited (and not very patiently) for him to arrive, my heart was going pitter patter (in a good way), knowing that my main mouse woud be there. ......here is my reaction when he came in:
100_5012.jpg

Everyone else was watching Mickey; my dear friend Patty knows me well enough to have been watching me and to catch my reaction. :hug:

That picture is priceless, I love it!

Oh WOW I just found out I was this past biggest loser. So cool.

Susan- Thanks so much for your spreadsheet! Don’t worry, I like to look at the details too so your spreadsheet will be so helpful.

Yahoo, great job :cool1:

You're welcome on the spreadsheet.

Okay, I have to apologize, but I can't remember who I was writing to about Vitatops since it was a month or so ago, but they mentioned wishing that there were pumpkin flavored ones. Anyway, yesterday, bam guess what was in my email box? An email from VitaTops with the new flavor. Pumpkin spicepopcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Congratulations to all our losers and to everyone for sticking around. It was great meeting everyone and keeping myself motivated at the same time. Happy Holidays! and here's to another great challenge in the new year :)

On a brighter note, I had another successful week on the new WW plan - down another 3.0 pounds!! I have never had two huge losses in a row in all the years/times I've done WW. It is so validating for me to be in the next decade, and not by the skin of my teeth, either.

This weekend holds a lot of challenges, but I plan to just keep working the plan and doing my best.

You can do it, Cam! :thumbsup2 I'm so happy that you are having such wonderful success on the new WW. I'm thinking about giving it a try myself because of all your positives comments and success. :goodvibes

Hello to everyone else!! Let's finish off this challenge with a bang!! Already over 350 pounds lost is truly awesome.

Isn't that amazing? :hippie:

Ok, might check in later. I'm going to try to do a little more organizing for the next challenge tonight.:goodvibes

Thanks for all your hard work! :flower3:

Jeannette, this has been a great challenge for you! An engagement, met your goal! :goodvibes Princess training is coming along -- missed a run this week but I'm okay with that -- thanks for asking! :flower3:

See you on the Alumni thread and on the Spring Challenge!:wave2:

Remember, never, never, never give up:grouphug::cheer2:pixiedust::jumping1:

Shawnprincess:

Safe travels today, Shawn! :flower3:

YOU LIED TO US! :lmao: Hope you are okay!

:lmao: Yes, I'm fine! Thanks for asking. :hug: Just got busy, exhausted and never got back to the computer.

We do the coolest thing, yes I am bragging. Instead of exchanging gifts, I decided to have the kids bring in something to be used in class, either in centers or whatever, for everyone to share. Stocks my room, the kids get new stuff, and the parents can budget as they please. I tell the parents glue sticks are always appreciated, so they can spend $1 or $5 or $10 or whatever, no one feels bad, we pile them all up and each kid unwraps one thing, so if you didn't bring in anything, there's usually extras (parents will buy 2 or 3 packs of glue sticks and wrap each packs,etc). We got a Toy Story game, Tinkerbell puzzle, Mickey game set, Mickey coloring books, etc!! LOVE IT!

That is a great idea and a wonderful way to restock your class, too, Taryn. :teacher:

Woo! Hoo! Tracey, a new low! :woohoo:

Good morning everyone!! Hope you all see good numbers on the scale this morning, and remember all the positive things you have done throughout this challenge to make you a little healthier this season.

I am down a total of 2.8 for the challenge, and have stayed under 210 by the skin of my teeth, so I am happy. I'd love to have lost more, but I know what I did not do to do that, so for what I have done, I am right where I should be. I am definitely going to join ww.

Down is down, girl! :goodvibes And not only are you down for the challenge but I think that you are down for the year, too, right? :yay:

I'm down 8.5 for the challenge and 34.5 for the year for a total loss of 43.5 since I started with WISH in 2009. Anytime I finish a challenge weighing less than I started I consider a success. I'm also down 13 1/8 inches for the challenge which is really exciting to me -- I wish that I would have kept my measurements from the beginning because it was a great way to motivate me when the scale was not cooperating.

Have a great day all!

Congratulations to all our losers and to everyone for sticking around. It was great meeting everyone and keeping myself motivated at the same time. Happy Holidays! and here's to another great challenge in the new year :)

:santa: Happy Holidays to you too!

As you migrate over to the holiday thread, I would appreciate it if you would consider doing coaching for a day or two. Please take a look at the schedule and PM me.:flower3:

Me again....

We decided not to go to NYC for a few days while we are home. Actually, DH decided that for us and I am a little bummed. After I figured out the best dates and times and prices and had a good package, he was a little worried about the flight home. It left NYC at 8:30 pm on Dec 23rd, layover in Philly and then arrival at RDU at 12:15 am.

thats too bad shawn. At least you will still be home in the US for awhile and visiting with family and friends. If you would have had a lay over in philly I could have kept you company.:lmao: Im only 45 min from the airport....as long as there is no traffic. Im sure you will have a great trip home. Stay safe. Happy Holidays.

Morning everyone! Time for "Deep Thoughts, by Taryn!" Friday version! You crack me up :lmao:

Yesterday was AWFUL! I did nothing but lay on the couch and EAT! Why oh why? TOM was socking it to me hard, honestly, I would have had to take the day off, and I haven't done that in YEARS for TOM. We watched movies (Mamma Mia, Sound of Music, and a couple of sweet Hallmark Christmas movies). Girls did a play, and they can't ever just DO anything. They made programs, tickets, decorated the living room, had props. TOO cute.

I love that! My cousin and I are close in age and I remember we did that stuff when we were little. Brings back memories. I bet you loved watching their play.:lovestruc

Fed Ex pulled their trucks off the road, so they shut DH's plant down early. Just had a skeleton crew of supervisors there to fill rush orders, so they sent them home at lunch. Little bugger didn't call to tell me until he was 5 minutes from home so I wouldn't worry. WHAT IF HE HAD WRECKED?? I would have had no idea! I'm such a worrywart. Him being home is NOT good for my diet, we actually ate lunch, where I usually skim through it, and he got into the treats and kept bringing them in the den!!!!:scared1:

I think that is sweet that he didnt make you worry. I am a worry wart too! Occasionally DH will go out with friends to watch football at night at a sports bar. I worry like crazy until he gets home.:confused3

Wanted to share Disney stuff - you'll appreciate. I told you I did my class in Mickey, and we do lots of Mickey stuff (Put your Mickey ears up when you are finished so I know you are ready, etc.);) One of my students went to WDW in Nov, and brought me back a lanyard w/pins to put my school keys on! So for our Christmas party, one student brought in his inflatable Santa Mickey, and we set him up for a few days in the room. Another brought Mickey candy canes, and another brought a Mickey stocking for our room, another gave me a Mickey ornament. :cloud9: They can be sweet - I can say that since I have 18 days before I have to put up with them again! :woohoo:

Ryans K-teacher loves disney too. I found a snowglobe with mickey and minnie and its christmas decorated with 2010 on it. It was on sale for 7$. I hope she likes it.

We do the coolest thing, yes I am bragging. Instead of exchanging gifts, I decided to have the kids bring in something to be used in class, either in centers or whatever, for everyone to share. Stocks my room, the kids get new stuff, and the parents can budget as they please. I tell the parents glue sticks are always appreciated, so they can spend $1 or $5 or $10 or whatever, no one feels bad, we pile them all up and each kid unwraps one thing, so if you didn't bring in anything, there's usually extras (parents will buy 2 or 3 packs of glue sticks and wrap each packs,etc). We got a Toy Story game, Tinkerbell puzzle, Mickey game set, Mickey coloring books, etc!! LOVE IT!

Great Idea!!!!!

Feeling a bit better this am, so I might actually accomplish something today. Going to wait and weigh around lunch time, feeling mighty bloated this am. Hoping vast amounts of water and some movement will help that.

Love ya -mean it!:hug:
Taryn

Hope you have a great day.

Wow! Here it is, the last day of our challenge! :santa: Give yourself a big pat on the back for sticking it out the whole challenge, through thick and thin, and even the holidays!

I cant believe its the end already!!!! Congrats to everyone! Thank you Lisa for hosting our thread! Thanks to shannon and connie for keeping our weights and measurements!!!! Thank you to Jen A for doing HH, I hope you are ok. Miss talking to you. Thank you to all the coaches and all your great questions!!! You all are amazing women and I could not thank you enough.

This challenge did not have the outcome I originally had planned. I wanted to loose 20lbs and I am not even close. I lost a total of 7.6lbs. I could beat myself up and say I should of, would of, could of....but I am not going to do that. I am proud that I stuck with the challenge. I still lost some weight. I am still running. I am still "watching" what I eat....which is making me healthier. These are all things that in the past I would have given up quickly and would have returned to my starting weight plus some. So overall I am looking at this challenge as a victory in my book.

I am looking forward to the spring challenge!!! Planning on maintaining over the next two weeks and then kicking some major booty starting Jan 1st. I forgot to mention that my dh has started the C25K a few weeks ago. He needs to loose about 40lbs so I am going to help him with his eating too. His goal is to complete a 5K race in may. The funnier thing is he probably will end up beating me and I will be ticked.:rotfl2: but Proud:goodvibes I got my hands on the new WW materials and a I gave one of my staff members $ to buy me a calculator. Not legal im sure.;) I am looking forward to starting the new plan on 1/1/11. Especially since cam is having so much success and loving it.

Today I am off!:yay: Ryan has a vocal concert at school today for the holidays. I am so excited to see it. My parents and nana are coming along. Im glad my nana is here to be able to see it. I know ryan will love that she is there too. Dh couldnt get time off since he just was off for over a wk. He is bummed.

I have not run yet this wk. Skipped it on tues due to the funeral and everything else going on. Now I am sick. congestion and cough. I normally would just push through it but my chest is hurting and is so sore when I cough. I dont want to make myself worse. I am going to shoot for tomorrow or sunday depending on how I feel.

Weigh in was yesterday since I am off today and I was 179.6. Officially made it into the 170's on both of my scales now.:yay: It was a total loss of 1.6lbs this week. :woohoo:

I still have to measure and submit the numbers. Good luck to everyone weighing in today.

TTYL

First--just wanted to say, sorry I have been kind of cruddy with the replies lately! It has taken most of my free time to get the three new threads launched and keep up with my exercise and spend time with DS. I am happy to say they are all up--though they probably need some editing--and I will begin assigning Teams today.

I pm'd Connie my WIN measurements. I lost almost 5 inches. So that's pretty good. My tummy is still not moving much, but what can you do....

I can't remember when this challenge started, but on September 3rd I weighed 147. I think that is right about when I went to maintain. Today I weighed 140.8.:cool1: I am hoping to see 137-139 in January or February and then I am done. Currently I am maintaining at 142. I am feeling good about our trip--and not too worried about a gain. I KNOW I can lose it this time.:goodvibes And that is a wonderful feeling.

At the start of this challenge I was hoping to be able to do 10 "real" pushups. I can do tons of the knee ones. I eeked out 10 this morning. The first 5 were ok, the last 5 were pushing the definition of push-up--but it's a start!

So, even though maintaining is not nearly as exciting as losing;), I feel like I had a pretty successful challenge. Thank you all for your help and support. You are wonderful!:goodvibes

I will try to do some replies later today. At some point today, I probably should think about packing/ getting organized!!!

TTYL!:goodvibes

Shawn - Safe travels home!! I hope the trip is uneventful and smooth. :goodvibes Thank you for offers of help for the cruise. I am really going to have to buckle down after Christmas and start educating myself and planning.

CC - Glad you got some rest. Didn't Taryn's threat of having to deal with her class totally crack you up? :laughing: You were probably like "bring it on. I am sooo ready to teach." :banana: So, when are test results? This coming week, right? I am keeping you in my prayers.

Lisa - Congratulations on sticking with this challenge and showing a LOSS!!!

I just realized when I looked at my tracker that I've only lost a total of 9.4 during this challenge. UGH! However, since my knee surgery in May, I've lost a total of 16.4, so I am going to be happy with that, especially since I spent more than 3 months in bed, a wheelchair and then an immobilizer with crutches, and that was after repairing my non-functioning knee. I am really looking forward to the spring challenge!

Congratulations to everyone doing so well. I am crazy busy today, but I wanted to at least jump on and say hello.

Shawn- Have a safe trip!

Lisa- You were right, the plan worked. Somehow being ready to go made it easier to stick with it and get to the gym.

CC- Great job this week!

Uh, oh, almost just lost everything, Boo attack on the keyboard. Now she's stalking me. Great!

Not as great a number this morning as I was hoping, it was the same as yesterday, so I have a 2.6 lb loss for the week. I am happy with it, I just know it could have been better.
Yesterday was a challenge. I was just within my calories, and I drank all my water, maybe more, for the first time in a week or so. Just towards the end of the day I got extremely hungry and nothing seemed to satisfy. So i kept eating healthy little snacks to try to fix it. I made it through, but something just wasn't right with my combined choices I guess. Or my body was telling me I needed more food to combat the exercise from ealier. The biggest problem was probably since I closed at the store, I couldn't have a proper dinner. All of my meals were too little. I am closing again tonight, so I am planning better.

See everyone on the alumni thread!

Congrats to all who made it to the end of the BL challenge and esp to those who reached goal or got closer to goal!

I did not have the results that I wanted for this challenge. With my knee giving me problems I maintained about where I started. I hope to keep this up for the next two weeks and start up with renewed interest in the spring challenge.

Congrats to all that stayed for the entire challenge and especially those who have done so well.

I'm feeling better tonight. Hopefully I will feel good in the morning. I probably did have a fever, but I am not a temp taker so who really knows.

Colby sang in tonight's concert. All of the kids in grades K through 4 sing with their classes as part of the music program. They sang winter songs as opposed to holiday songs. Some kids also do African drumming. They give up one recess per week to practice. The audience hates it :rotfl2: It sounds exactly the same every concert. Thankfully the concert was only an hour and 15 minutes tonight.
As long as the kids like doing it and the parents appreciate it for what it is, it is all good! How nice for them to give up a recess to do something like that!!

Glad you are feeling better. Hopefully you are all well now!

Going to start w/ the positives!

Very worried about Dh this am. He's on his way to work. We've had about 1 inch of snow, not bad, but now it is sleeting HARD. He left 15 minutes ago, and the tracks are gone in the driveway. I begged him to come back if it was bad. It will be another 30-60 minutes before he gets there, so I am on pins and needles until he calls. The news is full of slick road reports, and it's going to be worse when he leaves this afternoon! Supposed to change to rain late tonight....

We, of course, have the day off. I've done 2 loads of laundry, unloaded dishwasher, etc, hoping to get some cleaning done. Since I've been up since 3:30 checking road/weather reports, a nap will be in order later, I'm sure. Need to make a list of all that I need to accomplish today, so I can get motivated! I'm just looking at all that needs to be done, and sitting at the computer!!!! LOL!

I hope your DH made it okay! I can remember some days in the past when DH was driving away in a snowstorm to go to work and I would worry so much (especially in the days before cell phones!).

I hope you got a nap!

I can not believe it, I did it again. I have been on here atleast 90 minutes catching up but my post is gone. I highlighted it but I think I forgot to hit ctrl C before submitting. I could just cry. I've now done this to myself twice today so I am going to wake up in the morning and start from there. I had lots to say to everyone but I'm not going backwards again

It's 10:18 pm here so I'll be going to bed soon.

Enjoy the rest of your day

Shawnprincess:

Well... you're probably not going to see this until you get back, but SAFE TRAVELS! Sorry that the poof fairy was hitting you hard!

Me again....

We decided not to go to NYC for a few days while we are home. Actually, DH decided that for us and I am a little bummed. After I figured out the best dates and times and prices and had a good package, he was a little worried about the flight home. It left NYC at 8:30 pm on Dec 23rd, layover in Philly and then arrival at RDU at 12:15 am. He felt there were too many possibilities for error, either with weather or flights. He did not want to get stuck somewhere and not make it home for Christmas Eve. I know he's probably right but :rolleyes: We did get invited to spend Dec 26-29 with friends at their house in the NC mountains so that will be lots of fun. It will be difficult to get heavy snow jackets over and back but we'll do it somehow.

I think this will be my last post on this thread but I will continue reading throughout the day. Then when we get home and get settled, I will switch over to the Alumni thread and hope to see you there.

It's been such a wonderful experience finding this group and "meeting" all of you. It really helped me out on many lonely days over here and gave me much needed motivation and encouragement. You will never know how much your words have meant to me and helped me along with my journey.

See you on the Alumni thread and on the Spring Challenge!

Remember, never, never, never give up.

Shawnprincess:

Again, SAFE TRAVELS!! I agree with you completely... being with this group is a wonderful experience! We will NEVER GIVE UP!!:hug:

Morning everyone! Time for "Deep Thoughts, by Taryn!" Friday version!

Yesterday was AWFUL! I did nothing but lay on the couch and EAT! Why oh why? TOM was socking it to me hard, honestly, I would have had to take the day off, and I haven't done that in YEARS for TOM. We watched movies (Mamma Mia, Sound of Music, and a couple of sweet Hallmark Christmas movies). Girls did a play, and they can't ever just DO anything. They made programs, tickets, decorated the living room, had props. TOO cute.

Fed Ex pulled their trucks off the road, so they shut DH's plant down early. Just had a skeleton crew of supervisors there to fill rush orders, so they sent them home at lunch. Little bugger didn't call to tell me until he was 5 minutes from home so I wouldn't worry. WHAT IF HE HAD WRECKED?? I would have had no idea! I'm such a worrywart. Him being home is NOT good for my diet, we actually ate lunch, where I usually skim through it, and he got into the treats and kept bringing them in the den!!!!:scared1:

Wanted to share Disney stuff - you'll appreciate. I told you I did my class in Mickey, and we do lots of Mickey stuff (Put your Mickey ears up when you are finished so I know you are ready, etc.0 One of my students went to WDW in Nov, and brought me back a lanyard w/pins to put my school keys on! So for our Christmas party, one student brought in his inflatable Santa Mickey, and we set him up for a few days in the room. Another brought Mickey candy canes, and another brought a Mickey stocking for our room, another gave me a Mickey ornament. They can be sweet - I can say that since I have 18 days before I have to put up with them again!

Feeling a bit better this am, so I might actually accomplish something today. Going to wait and weigh around lunch time, feeling mighty bloated this am. Hoping vast amounts of water and some movement will help that.

Love ya -mean it!:hug:
Taryn

Sounds like you run a FUN classroom! DS had a great K teacher like that. Great memories from that year! Hope the water helps the bloaty feeling. I was feeling that way this morning before weigh-in, but I know that TOM is on its way and that feeling won't leave for many days now... oh well. Maybe I'll get a good weigh-in as an early Christmas gift next Friday!!:laughing:

Wow! Here it is, the last day of our challenge! Give yourself a big pat on the back for sticking it out the whole challenge, through thick and thin, and even the holidays!

I saw my new decade today! I have to go look to see how much I lost this challenge and do my WIN! measurements but this is really exciting for me. I'm finally below my prepregnancy weight for good and I know now that I will be in ONE-derland by the time I get to the Princess!

I agree... we all deserve a big pat on the back for sticking it out through the holiday season!!

NEW DECADE DANCE!! :dance3: WOOHOO! I'm so proud of you! What a GREAT Christmas gift you have given to yourself.... the gift of a healthier body!! You are gonna ROCK the Princess!!

Okay, I have to apologize, but I can't remember who I was writing to about Vitatops since it was a month or so ago, but they mentioned wishing that there were pumpkin flavored ones. Anyway, yesterday, bam guess what was in my email box? An email from VitaTops with the new flavor. Pumpkin spice.

Congratulations to all our losers and to everyone for sticking around. It was great meeting everyone and keeping myself motivated at the same time. Happy Holidays! and here's to another great challenge in the new year

I think it was me who talked about the Vitatops.... PUMPKIN SPICE... YUM!! I can't wait... maybe I'll order some tonight! Merry Christmas to me!

This challenge did not have the outcome I originally had planned. I wanted to loose 20lbs and I am not even close. I lost a total of 7.6lbs. I could beat myself up and say I should of, would of, could of....but I am not going to do that. I am proud that I stuck with the challenge. I still lost some weight. I am still running. I am still "watching" what I eat....which is making me healthier. These are all things that in the past I would have given up quickly and would have returned to my starting weight plus some. So overall I am looking at this challenge as a victory in my book.

I am looking forward to the spring challenge!!! Planning on maintaining over the next two weeks and then kicking some major booty starting Jan 1st. I forgot to mention that my dh has started the C25K a few weeks ago. He needs to loose about 40lbs so I am going to help him with his eating too. His goal is to complete a 5K race in may. The funnier thing is he probably will end up beating me and I will be ticked. but Proud:goodvibes I got my hands on the new WW materials and a I gave one of my staff members $ to buy me a calculator. Not legal im sure.;) I am looking forward to starting the new plan on 1/1/11. Especially since cam is having so much success and loving it.

Today I am off! Ryan has a vocal concert at school today for the holidays. I am so excited to see it. My parents and nana are coming along. Im glad my nana is here to be able to see it. I know ryan will love that she is there too. Dh couldnt get time off since he just was off for over a wk. He is bummed.

I have not run yet this wk. Skipped it on tues due to the funeral and everything else going on. Now I am sick. congestion and cough. I normally would just push through it but my chest is hurting and is so sore when I cough. I dont want to make myself worse. I am going to shoot for tomorrow or sunday depending on how I feel.

Weigh in was yesterday since I am off today and I was 179.6. Officially made it into the 170's on both of my scales now. It was a total loss of 1.6lbs this week.

I still have to measure and submit the numbers. Good luck to everyone weighing in today.

TTYL

Nice attitude about maintaining through the holidays and then KICKING it into HIGH GEAR come January. I think that is where I am right now.

Sorry you are sick....:hug:

WOOHOO on being in the 170's!! That is such a nice normal number!!:cheer2:

First--just wanted to say, sorry I have been kind of cruddy with the replies lately! It has taken most of my free time to get the three new threads launched and keep up with my exercise and spend time with DS. I am happy to say they are all up--though they probably need some editing--and I will begin assigning Teams today.

I pm'd Connie my WIN measurements. I lost almost 5 inches. So that's pretty good. My tummy is still not moving much, but what can you do....

I can't remember when this challenge started, but on September 3rd I weighed 147. I think that is right about when I went to maintain. Today I weighed 140.8.:cool1: I am hoping to see 137-139 in January or February and then I am done. Currently I am maintaining at 142. I am feeling good about our trip--and not too worried about a gain. I KNOW I can lose it this time.:goodvibes And that is a wonderful feeling.

At the start of this challenge I was hoping to be able to do 10 "real" pushups. I can do tons of the knee ones. I eeked out 10 this morning. The first 5 were ok, the last 5 were pushing the definition of push-up--but it's a start!

So, even though maintaining is not nearly as exciting as losing;), I feel like I had a pretty successful challenge. Thank you all for your help and support. You are wonderful!:goodvibes

I will try to do some replies later today. At some point today, I probably should think about packing/ getting organized!!!

TTYL!:goodvibes

WOW.... dropping all that weight through maintenance!!?? Maybe I should try harder to "maintain" :laughing: ! And great job with the 5 inches.... where did it come from??

IF I don't get to "talk" to you again, have a SUPER-DUPER fabulous trip!!

I just realized when I looked at my tracker that I've only lost a total of 9.4 during this challenge. UGH! However, since my knee surgery in May, I've lost a total of 16.4, so I am going to be happy with that, especially since I spent more than 3 months in bed, a wheelchair and then an immobilizer with crutches, and that was after repairing my non-functioning knee. I am really looking forward to the spring challenge!

Congratulations to everyone doing so well. I am crazy busy today, but I wanted to at least jump on and say hello.

Every bit of weight off is a step in the right direction.... especially since you have been dealing with so many issues with your knee! You've done GREAT! That is more than a half pound a week off since May! That is the right way to do it.... slow and steady! Just ask the person who has spent the last 5 years losing 87 pounds!!

Evening friends! DH had a nice visit from his sister and Mom today. She hadn't seen him since the accident. She was SO PLEASED to see him looking fairly normal and healthy (he wore a ball cap all day to hide the big head incision). She was so scared that we were still hiding something from her (which we are, but as long as he looks good to her, no harm done, right?). Plus they brought a big load of food from BJ's for us... lots of nice soups (high calorie though... I'm gonna freeze them and bring them to my Mom's for the holidays... lobster bisque with 8 points per CUP:scared1: ), big bags of salad, a big bowl of prepared fruit, and 8 bottles (half gallons) of juices for DH... mango, tangerine, grapefruit, pomegranate, carrot, berry, acai, and a tropical blend. YIKES... not sure how we will drink it all before it expires.... thank GOODNESS it is cold out and I can leave it in the garage! I may end up donating a bottle or two to the food pantry. But anyhow, we definitely WON'T starve!! I can skip that planned trip to Shaw's tomorrow! Plus they bought a big take and bake pizza for the kids! And his Mom brought a bag of her homemade cookies for the kids too.... but no eating them in front of DH... that is just not fair!

I was up a bit this morning on the scale (TOM is due any second). Honestly, I cannot remember where I started this challenge, but I think I may be down a pound or two from then. But whatever the case, I'm happy where I am. I am definitely in maintenance mode these days. I maybe try again in January to get to that elusive 128.

Except for one nephew, I am done shopping! Of course, the tree still has no decorations (other than some lights and a bit of popcorn string) and nothing is wrapped... but no pressure.

On a side note.... my DD brought home the results of the PSATs that she took in October. She scored FABULOUSLY! I don't really understand all of it, but in critical reading she scored better than 93% of sophomores, in math and writing she scored better than 94% of all other sophomores!! I am so impressed with her! This was just practice for next year, so I am so excited for next year's scores (no pressure ;) )

I need to go figure out the points on the pizza DSIL brought today.... not sure if I am going to splurge on some or not. We have plenty of salad and fruit in the house, so I won't go hungry!

I've gotta run and email another SIL... she hasn't started her shopping yet (her Dad died while my DH was in the hospital :guilty:) and I told her that I had overbought for my kids and that I would give her some of my stuff to give to my kids.... hopefully that will lighten her load a bit...........P

Hello everyone. I barely squeeked in a loss, but I'll take it! 125.8:cool1: this am. Thank you everyone for all your support, motivation, understanding, and kind words. This group has definitely helped me in so many ways. See you all in the alumni thread and next BL challenge!!!

Shawn- Safe travels. Have a great time back home and shop till you drop!

CC- some of the snacks I like: granola bars, luna bars (even luna minis), pieces of fruit, vitatops. These are all easy to carry around in a purse.
Taryn- that is so cool how your class is all Mickey. Good way to keep you happy around the “heathens”.

Tracey- your weight and inches loss is so impressive. Congrats on reaching a new low. It must feel really good!

Lisa- congratulations on your new decade! You are on your way to onderland, you have done so well this year. Thank you so much for hosting the challenge. You have been very motivational and supportive, I really appreciate it.

Susan- I looove vitatops too. Thanks for the pumpkin spice tip. I cant wait to try them.

Lindsay- I agree, the challenge was a success for you. Congratulations! Have fun tonight at the concert.

Rose- Congratulations on getting the 10 pushups. As for the tummy, a coworker told me yesterday about her results using a weighted hula-hoop. She said it was a similar workout as situps and has noticeably lost some inches.

Cam- A loss a loss, you will rock the next BL challenge!

Kelli- that’s a great loss for the week.

P- congrats to DD, those are great scores! How nice of his sister and mom to bring over some stuff for him. Glad DH is doing so great!

:cutie: Jeanette

Taryn: :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Cam: She had me on the verge of tears! I do miss the kids, but at the same time, there are other things that I don't miss. Of course, I'm sure Taryn is an amazing teacher and I'd love to see her teach. :worship: Same with you Dona. :worship: My test results come out on the 27th. I felt confident when I left them, so I'm hopeful.

Jeanette: Thanks for the ideas! :) It occurred to me yesterday that I am no longer working in a nut-free building so I may start bring something with peanut butter. A thin/flat roll or bagel, or celery, I'll get creative. I do really well when I eat good amounts of protein.

Need to weigh-in in the morning. Thinking about going to the gym after breakfast. Not sure about the weather, but I'm hoping to make it there sometime this weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

CC

I forgot to weigh in this morning as I normally weigh in on Sunday. Of course TOM showed up this morning with vengence. Who knows how the weigh in will go, but I know that I will be doing the new WW program after the first of the year and I WILL see my goals this go round

Evening everybody. Amazing how time flies by. Sorry I wasn't more active in the thread. Just too much going on and too hard to keep up with this time around.

Will do final weigh in tomorrow. Just can't make myself weigh in at 5:30am:sad2: I'm off tomorrow so I'll do it then. Shannon says I've lost over 10lbs in this challenge. OK:rolleyes1 Its a good thing i didn't make a goal otherwise I'd still be stuck at start. That's what happened in the summer challenge. I made a goal and lost a total of 4lbs the whole summer:rotfl2:

Now can I offer some friendly advice from your favorite Target team member?

It is now 1 week before Christmas so there are certain dos and don'ts to get the best shopping experience as well as to keep the team members from killing you:rolleyes1

Rule #1: DON'T stand in the Wii Aisle for 20 minutes waiting for a team member to pass you by to get service. Because while you're standing still there are 5 other guests at the camera boat hijacking every available team member. Hence they get served first.

Rule#2: LEAVE MY SHELVES ALONE! yes i know the stuffed animals are crowded, but that's no reason to have an entire 4ft long shelf upside down in the middle of the toy aisle. If I see you pull it down, I WILL kick you out. NO I don't need security's help to do it. If you just happen to spot the shelf, just tell me so I can fix it BEFORE a blind person winds up in a wheelchair.

Rule #3: If you drop the breadsticks w/ Marinara: PICK IT UP! Don't leave it there for somebody to kill themselves over. If it spills a little just call us, we'll clean it up. No they don't pay us enough, but we'll clean it anyway.

Rule#4: If you're looking for a certain game, its best to write the name down or find your receipt. I CAN do an item search for "ants" but it'll only come up with a few hundred matches. And a sidebar to this is if I've already talked to your husband about the game, the answers aren't going to change when you ask me the same questions.

It is now 1 week before Christmas so there are certain dos and don'ts to get the best shopping experience as well as to keep the team members from killing you:rolleyes1

Rule #1: DON'T stand in the Wii Aisle for 20 minutes waiting for a team member to pass you by to get service. Because while you're standing still there are 5 other guests at the camera boat hijacking every available team member. Hence they get served first.

Rule#2: LEAVE MY SHELVES ALONE! yes i know the stuffed animals are crowded, but that's no reason to have an entire 4ft long shelf upside down in the middle of the toy aisle. If I see you pull it down, I WILL kick you out. NO I don't need security's help to do it. If you just happen to spot the shelf, just tell me so I can fix it BEFORE a blind person winds up in a wheelchair.

Rule #3: If you drop the breadsticks w/ Marinara: PICK IT UP! Don't leave it there for somebody to kill themselves over. If it spills a little just call us, we'll clean it up. No they don't pay us enough, but we'll clean it anyway.

Rule#4: If you're looking for a certain game, its best to write the name down or find your receipt. I CAN do an item search for "ants" but it'll only come up with a few hundred matches. And a sidebar to this is if I've already talked to your husband about the game, the answers aren't going to change when you ask me the same questions.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
That is too funny, but I'm sure it is not funny to you. My sister who works at K-mart always contemplated early retirement this time of year. Hang in there. I hope you survive the season reasonably unscathed, and that all the stupid shoppers go to walmart this weekend. :hug:

I saw my new decade today! I'm finally below my prepregnancy weight for good and I know now that I will be in ONE-derland by the time I get to the Princess! Hope that it wasn't too hairy for your DH to get to work yesterday. How many snow days are built into your schedule? Are you going to have to start making up days if you keep having more? .
WAY TO GO LISA!!!!!!!!!!! What an accomplishment!! Thursday was very rough for DH to get in, he said he should have stayed at home. Yesterday wasn't as bad overall, but lots of black ice, which can sneak up on you! As for the snow days, there are 15 built into our schedule every year. We usually end up with 15-20 due to the geographics of our county. We've used 5 already.:scared1: Unfortunately, those 5 have come off our our spring break that was scheduled to be a week long in March, it's now a 4 day weekend. The rest will be added to the end of the year up to 15, and then we apply for a waiver from the state for the rest. Our last day is always scheduled for mid-May (we start at the beginning of August), but we usually end up finishing up around the first of June!

I wanted to loose 20lbs and I am not even close. I lost a total of 7.6lbs. I could beat myself up and say I should of, would of, could of....but I am not going to do that. I am proud that I stuck with the challenge. I still lost some weight. I am still running. I am still "watching" what I eat....which is making me healthier. Today I am off Ryan has a vocal concert at school today for the holidays. I am so excited to see it. Weigh in was yesterday since I am off today and I was 179.6. Officially made it into the 170's on both of my scales now.:yay: It was a total loss of 1.6lbs this week.
Bolded part is different from any other day because.....:lmao: Just kidding, couldn't resist! You know I love ya! You should consider it to be a victory! This has been a tough mental challenge for us, and just think what we would have been without it! Hope the vocal concert went well, bet it was cute as can be! GREAT job making it to the 170s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are feeling better!

It has taken most of my free time to get the three new threads launched and keep up with my exercise and spend time with DS.
They look great, and your priorities are right on target!

I just realized when I looked at my tracker that I've only lost a total of 9.4 during this challenge. UGH! However, since my knee surgery in May, I've lost a total of 16.4, so I am going to be happy with that, especially since I spent more than 3 months in bed, a wheelchair and then an immobilizer with crutches, and that was after repairing my non-functioning knee.
That's an amazing feat! Do you know how many people would have gained at LEAST that in your surgery. BE PROUD CAM!!!!!

Uh, oh, almost just lost everything, Boo attack on the keyboard. Now she's stalking me.
:lmao::rotfl2:

I did not have the results that I wanted for this challenge. With my knee giving me problems I maintained about where I started.
Maintain is better than a gain, dear lady!!!!!

Hello everyone. I barely squeeked in a loss, but I'll take it! 125.8:cool1:
:woohoo:

I do miss the kids, but at the same time, there are other things that I don't miss. Of course, I'm sure Taryn is an amazing teacher and I'd love to see her teach. My test results come out on the 27th. I felt confident when I left them, so I'm hopeful.
I know you aced them. You would not love to see me teach. I PROMISE!

WISH I WORKED IN A NUT FREE BUILDING!
:lmao: I'm pretty full of myself this morning!

I forgot to weigh in this morning as I normally weigh in on Sunday. Of course TOM showed up this morning with vengence.
Isn't he so sweet. :rolleyes1

Now can I offer some friendly advice from your favorite Target team member?It is now 1 week before Christmas so there are certain dos and don'ts to get the best shopping experience as well as to keep the team members from killing you:
Thanks so much for the advice, I'd love to stay alive for Christmas!

Okay, that is my last official post on this thread. DO NOT COMMENT TO ME here, or I will feel compelled to respond. I'm OCD that way. :lmao: Send it to the alum thread!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611953

To all those we haven't heard from in a while, please join us!

Evening everybody. Amazing how time flies by. Sorry I wasn't more active in the thread. Just too much going on and too hard to keep up with this time around.

Will do final weigh in tomorrow. Just can't make myself weigh in at 5:30am:sad2: I'm off tomorrow so I'll do it then. Shannon says I've lost over 10lbs in this challenge. OK:rolleyes1 Its a good thing i didn't make a goal otherwise I'd still be stuck at start. That's what happened in the summer challenge. I made a goal and lost a total of 4lbs the whole summer:rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
I feel your pain! It brings back memories (aka nightmares!!!) from when I used to work at target.

Hang in there!

I'm still here at the end (though it's actually after the end) even if as a lurker. popcorn:: We got whalloped by the 20" of snow (can you say 5 hours with a shovel last Saturday?) and then strep throat struck. Not to mention the new WW plan. I dont' want to whine or complain about it, but I really think it has too much "wiggle room" for me to be really happy with it - I had a big jump in weight last week and thought "I've got to do something differently." so now I'm tracking calories with myfitnesspal.com So far, so good.

As for the challenge...I don't remember! I am now within 1 pound of my goal weight (two weeks ago, it was .6, then that jump - ugh). I did find the tape measure at last and need to get my final WIN measurements in, but I don't remember which type of bust measurement I did, so I either gained an inch and a half or I lost 4 inches. :confused3

I'll move my lurking to the new thread now, I guess! :grouphug:

Hi everyone! Don't forget to PM your weights to Shannon!

I almost forgot, and I'm guessing I am not the only one who is a little distracted at this time of the year!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!