Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, more like Big Blunder Ranch BBQ

Habfan888

Earning My Ears
So, We are currently at disney, and tonight we decided to have dinner in the park, based on the disney brochure/map my dear wife suggested we go to the bbq for all you can eat.

We were hoping to fit it into our plans to fill our stomachs along with the kids, plus at 25 bucks for adults and 10 bucks for kids, it seemed quite reasonable, as I can my fair share of 25 bucks worth of food and then 2.99 for adults soft drink. (plus I really hadn't eaten anything since lunch time , so I was rather hungry.)
we were seated promptly, Drink orders were taken and then the issues began,
took a short time to get drinks, food came out, started digging into the bucket of meat, ribs/chicken and sausage and eating. then came upon a sausage with something that looked like a short curly hair on it.. quite odd but it didn't really bother me that much, I just wanted to inform the staff of the problem, .. So I started looking for a waiter, but they had seemed to disappear. I was looking for my particular server (let's call him Alex) but he was nowhere to be found, kept eating, finally they all came back out, informed my server, he took the item to his supervisor (let's call him Christian), who came over with his laminated table map of what tables were being used, and apologized for it , our server asked us if we wanted more food and I said yes, we'd like more food so my wife and I said we wanted more chicken/ribs/sausage and corn. Our waiter disappears again, We then waited for a short while 5 to 10 mins and the chicken comes out, nothing else, just chicken. so give the kids some chicken, but we wanted more ribs, sausage and corn. waiter no where to be found , waiting , waiting waiting no waiter, 10-15 mins pass by, Alex finally reappears and says he punched in the order, but someone else must have taken our food to a different table, ARGH! finally get refill on my coke wife gets a refill.
wait more time for food to come to table, and it finally comes along.

as I am completely frustrated with the service, I call over a lady who looks like a manager/supervisor (lets call her Denise) as she is dressed differently than the other servers and has an earpiece/mic which no other server has on.
I ask her for a comment card, but she says they don't have one, so she says why don't you give me your comments. So I tell her i had a problem with the food and the service time, she asked what was in the food and I tell her and I told her I found it completely unacceptable that the service was so slow, She asks who my server was, I tell her. From that point things still didn't get much better, refills of drinks were not made , Alex did come by once more to see if we needed anything and asked if we wanted dessert,we declined, but we wanted to get back out to the rides, plus I lost my appetite with the lack of service..

So we finally get our bill, we paid it, and left.
Overall experience 2 out of 10
Food , would have been a 7 out of 10, reduced to a 2 out of 10 due to for object on sausage
Service 1 out of 10 - SLOW!
Ambience 3 out of 10 music was cheesy but they tried, but the lack of servers killed it too!

anyways It must be a new business model to serve a little bit of food at the start and then be slow with the rest of the food so you don't eat too much as you want to head back out to the rest of the park attractions.

And hope none of you have had or will have the same experience that we did.

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience:sad1: My friend and I were at DR the same day as you, Aug 22-24. I have always wanted to eat there but have never made it. All of our eating experiences while at the park were wonderful, with the exception of the hostess at Carnation Cafe. She seemed to intentionally ignore us on three occasions before my friend forced her to acknowledge us. But seeing Chef Oscar and eating the delicious food made us soon forget. I hope the rest of your eating experiences were much better.

the other meal that we did have was at Goofys kitchen and that was good. seated nicely, service was good from Ramon, Characters made their way around to each table, food was good etc.

Just ticked at the experience with the BBQ
I expected much more in terms of customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter