Big Thunder Mountain Railroad For a Ride Chicken?

So I have a very interesting response for you.
Just today, this very day, we returned from disney and spent the morning in the MK. We had a 'ride chicken' with us. He is 12 years old and HATED seven dwarves, thought Flight of Passage was TERRIBLE and HATED the drop of splash mountain. He refused to ride anything with height or drops after those rides and kept saying how terrible they had been.

BUT...today, as we were about to leave, I noticed the wait on Thunder Mountain was only 15 minutes. It's our favorite ride, so I squealed and said, "Let's go!" and we were just going to ask our grandson to wait by the railing for us. BUT HE RODE IT WITH US. He insisted, saying it didn't have big drops.
He LOVED it! He said it was his most favorite ride of all! He couldn't stop talking about it. Yes, it can feel kinda fast on the curves, but it's just curves. We covered our ears on the loud clackety clack sounds on a couple of small hills, but overall, it was a blast for the 'ride chicken' and he would do it again. Hope that helps a bit!

I have never been on a roller coaster. How scary is it, and how high does it go...I really don't like heights.... I really want to try it and go on with my family. Is it that fast and scary? I really want to experience it with my family. by the way, I HATE ferris wheels because of the height and the stomach butterflies. Will I be able to do this? TIA!!! :) and LOL!
I'm the same way, not really afraid of heights, but I hate drops and stuff because of the feeling in your stomach. I won't even do Splash Mountain cause of it. However, I just went in July for my 20th time and rode big thunder for the first time and it was great and a lot of fun. It really isn't that high, there's barely any drops, it's mostly just going fast down turns and a lot of wind. Also it's loud lol, really loud, tbh that's probably the worst part of it is the noise lol. But you should totally give it a try, it wasn't bad, and that's coming from a guy who used to be afraid of the friggin barnstormer lol. Give it a go, it's a good ride. If you have ridden the new Mine Train in fantasy land, it's not even as bad as that. Mine train is worse in my opinion. So if you can do Seven Dwarfs mine, you can totally do Thunder.

I also am a ride chicken.... but have conquered all the Disney Rides....except for Tower of Terror (no way!). You're really missing out if you don't do the rides!

Check out a ride video on YouTube to get a sense of what to expect and then make a decision. You might be scared at first but it might become your favorite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter