• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Big River Grille Reviews Please

TXTink

DIS Veteran
We will be going to WDW in June, staying at the BWV (we have never stayed at BWV, or any Villa for that matter, and are very excited!).

We have never heard of the Big River Grille and were thinking of trying it out for lunch one day. We already have plans for dinner at Spoodles one night and have been to Beaches and Cream before, so we were thinking of trying someplace new. We are a family of 4 including 2 DD's in their late teens so ESPN is not a big draw for us. Any thoughts or reviews would be appreciated!!

Thank you!

Great lunch spot, especially if you can get a table outside on the Boardwalk. Never very crowded, pretty good pub type food (burgers, sandwiches, quesadillas, etc.), great beers, decent service. Others on these boards have not enjoyed their experiences there so much, but we have never had a bad meal there. It is a must do for us at least once each trip to WDW.

And it was very good.
I had delicious grilled meat loaf and potatoes.
And of course, some great beer, but I can't remember which of their varieties I tried.

Service was good, too.

Yes, this place gets ripped on these boards. But my experience was really nice.

I was disappointed by the pasta I had there last year for dinner. From everything else I've read the beer and burgers are good, but if not you're not getting those your meal is best spent elsewhere.

-DH

The beer's pretty good. The best I could say about the food was that it was edible. I haven't had anything there that was any better than ordinary.

we have always had a good meal here and the service has been good also. going again in a few weeks!:tongue:

Thank you all for your responses and reviews! After what you all have said I think we will give it a try. We are looking forward to spending time on the BoardWalk, and I think a burger or chicken outside (weather permitting) will be a nice lunch. We plan on an early lunch there on our "off day" before heading over to the Hoop Dee Doo Music Review that night.

Thank you TooBoyz4us, the link was great, it was nice to see the pictures!

We just ate there last week for the first time and we liked it ok. Nothing fancy. I had the pasta and chicken and DH had the sirloin. Kids had hotdogs. We ate outside so that was a bonus. We did have a ps for this. (Watch out for the birds! :) )

We all like Spoodles and ate dinner there one night. I had another pasta and chicken dish and it was tasty. DH had the tuna and liked it. Kids had noodles.

You will LOVE the Boardwalk area! :) We just got back and our room was right above Spoodles - great view! Try to see some of the big turtles that swim near the ferry landing. They are also near the machines that dispense (for a quarter) food for the fish. There are also some good size bass in the water.

What about trying Cape May at the Beach Club?

We did Hoop Dee Doo for the first time this trip and we all enjoyed it. I loved the chicken and DH ate the ribs. The strawberry shortcake for dessert is also good. Fun show.

Have fun! :)

Jill

We've tried BRG 2 times and were not impressed. Their hot sauce was a total waste of money-might as well have been ketchup. For a hamburger, we preferred ESPN or Beaches and Cream. We were very pleased with our meal at Spoodle's last year.

They DO take PSs--you just can't do it through WDW-DINE. You have to call the restaurant directly. I just made PSs last week for our upcoming trip. :wave2:

Had a nice hamburger and their special "Christmas Brew". We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn for the first time and just "walked in" for lunch one day and we really liked it.

Originally posted by alliecats
They DO take PSs--you just can't do it through WDW-DINE. You have to call the restaurant directly. I just made PSs last week for our upcoming trip. :wave2:

Do you happen to have the number alliecats ?

~Chris

We have eaten there many times. The micro beers are great!! In terms of food, we highly recommend the burgers and the meatloaf. Ribs were so so.

Graet location, especially if you can get a table outside on the boardwalk.

Originally posted by alliecats
I did call the restaurant directly about 1 month ago to make a reservation for the end of May and they told me that they do not take reservations or do priority seating or whatever you want to call it. It is first come first served. Did I get the wrong info or did you? I'll have to call back. Anybody else have success with this?

Last week they had out the wheat, and it will be there through the summer. It was a little weak, but it was some of the first batch, it will get better. I like the rocket red as well, it is a little hoppy. I think the beer there isn't as good as at other big river locations, and the selection is a little more accessible, but there are a couple good enough to go for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter