• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BIG!!! Changes coming to VMK!!!

LoriR said:
So many new things to read about! Here is a pic of the new staff uniforms that are coming:
staffuniforms.jpg
staffuniforms2.jpg

Of course everyone will be begging the staff for the new uniforms. lol

Yavn said:
Sorry!

Each time you win a game in the Pirates Ship game (both Capture The Flag and Last Man Standing) you will win a key. The key type is related to the game level you win (win at level 3 and get the Gold Key)...

When you use the key you MAY win something. Sometimes you get nothing, other times you may get magic or credits. Play more Pirates to win more keys and try to win more stuff....

Does that help?

Yavn

I was pretty good at the old pirates, I dislike the new one. You can't hit anything with the cannons anymore.

mtlhddoc2 said:
I think all the new ideas are pretty great, except one: Disappearing spells. I think that is an absolutely awful idea.

Unless it's Treasure Detector magic, I'm thinking. Perhaps if it's a one-time
use spell, it prevents overly abusing it. And NOBODY abuses stuff in VMK,
right? :rolleyes: :rolleyes1

That's the only thing that makes the most sense to me.

mtlhddoc2 said:
I think all the new ideas are pretty great, except one: Disappearing spells. I think that is an absolutely awful idea.

I second that. All the work to get it and it disappears???!!!

tigressjewel said:
(hint, hint) :tigger: And btw.. what is coral magic? Did I miss something? I didn't know coral did anything. :confused3

Well, you know there are inherent dangers with Coral Pins.

Carol Brady thought Mike got her the coral pin from the hotel gift shop,
and you know how THAT turned out. :rolleyes2 :eek:

Ok, all kidding aside, I think people are speculating that it's the Davey Jones
magic pin we've been seeing.

BriarRosie said:

Really, I just want the costume.

I don't need another pin like the Pirate Costume magic.

I like magic like snowman and bat and inferno. Heck. I even like the buried in treasure and cursed storm better than that pin. All that pin does is tease us with a costume that no one will actually be able to have and wear all the time. :(
Now, If it was like the diver's magic or spacesuit magic and actually got you into something that you otherwise couldn't get in to, then I'd be ok with that.

Costume magic (to me) is good only if useful. So just give me the costume already!

Can you tell I really like my clothes? lol :teeth:

The staff costumes are really cute but sadly I never seem to see staff members, I don't think I play late enough.

I can't wait for the Pink Superhero Costume and the HM costumes :thumbsup2

Can't wait for the new changes, we will have one cool VMK :dance3:

Ummm? More Magic spells being cast?

It is bad enough when you get into a crowded room and people start doing magic spells, it really slows things up on my computers (yes, computerS). Host events rooms always tell us, please no magic! Now they want us to use it more often. Hmmm?

I absolutely LOVE the staff uniforms and this really prevents anybody from imitating staff or looking like them even a little bit. Hurray for this one.

Disappearing Magic ~ doubt I will ever spend credits for a one time use item unless it is a key to open something else.

Pirate game for keys? Ugh, I am not good with this as this is absolutely my WORSE game. Just can't get into that groove and I never can tell where those cannons are going to shoot nor when I will "stall" for a second to be a sitting duck. Lately, I am also finding my mouse is freezing on me in the game and I can't seem to move at all. Also, will the keys also be a one time use thing? It says sometimes you MAY win something and sometimes not. So I imagine that each time you play and win you will get a key to try. What do you all think?

Costumes? LOVING it. Another shopping spree for me I see.

BriarRosie said:

LOL, you are so old. I remember that episode with the tiki necklace.

Iris said:
Pirate game for keys? Ugh, I am not good with this as this is absolutely my WORSE game. Just can't get into that groove and I never can tell where those cannons are going to shoot nor when I will "stall" for a second to be a sitting duck.

The problem with the new pirate game is the ship doesn't move where you click and stay in that position. It generally moves then realigns it's self on some invisible line we can't see so the cannons are just off enough to miss what you were trying to aim them at. It is so frustrating.

Iris said:
Also, will the keys also be a one time use thing? It says sometimes you MAY win something and sometimes not. So I imagine that each time you play and win you will get a key to try. What do you all think?
I'm wondering the same thing.. is the one time magic and the keys you win one in the same? I found it odd that sometimes you win something and sometimes you don't. Guess time will tell. :)

I still don't get why the Davey Jones magic is called Coral magic, I thought he was a squid-like dude, not coral. :confused3

(Just being silly!)
coralme.jpg

tigressjewel said:
I'm wondering the same thing.. is the one time magic and the keys you win one in the same? I found it odd that sometimes you win something and sometimes you don't. Guess time will tell. :)

According to Yavn (see first page), we will win a key every time we win a game... making them one-time use, I would suppose. That way we are only rewarded when we win.

Just like the Treasure Detector magic as that one-time use magic, if people had it they would constantly be winning credits and items, for nothing. It only makes sense for these to be one-use items.

Yavn said:
Sorry!

Each time you win a game in the Pirates Ship game (both Capture The Flag and Last Man Standing) you will win a key. The key type is related to the game level you win (win at level 3 and get the Gold Key)...

When you use the key you MAY win something. Sometimes you get nothing, other times you may get magic or credits. Play more Pirates to win more keys and try to win more stuff....

Does that help?

Yavn
I have a question about this. So do you still get credits too or just the key. If so I hope not before Halloween because I need to play pirates to get the costumes.

The staff costumes are really cute. I hope that one of the new hairstyles will be long hair.

i wonder if we could get inferno, stitch, green flips, or sparrow from the chests. i wont have a problem getting the keys considering im pretty good and win almost every game. i could soon have a lot of rare and credits. im so excited and i just cant hide it!

It looks like haley is wearing one of the new hairstyles maybe? When she faces front her bangs are parted on the side. Has that style always looked like that?

New and improved site:
I never understand why Web Designers have to rearrange the location of things when they upgrade a site. We're used to calendar being on the left and newsletter being on the right - why flip flop them?! It's a cheap way to say the site's New I guess... "See look at all these Changes we've made!" Bah! I think it's a little too busy. But I'm sure once I get used to it, that won't be so bad. A bit a resource flash hog too.

The talking Haley and Jake characters can be annoying... But I do like the little pop noises their talk bubbles make. Reminds me of Pop Up Video. But I fear the VMKers will put some required bit of knowledge in there so we'll have to "listen" to their dribble. Heh.

The new page sure looks pretty and there seems to be advances in the navigation to find the park pages and what not (though I used to be able to find those just fine before :goodvibes ). They still haven't updated the card list (doesn't show the Well or new Pirate Room, last card is the Animation Desk).

Dear Yeti and Push Trivia:
We've seen various incarnations of the Q&A and this Yeti is cute. The reading glasses in his new pick are a nice touch. Haven't actually seen any Push Trivia yet, but I'm excited by the idea.

Revised Trading
Everything about this is awesome! Pin strength in a trade window? Trade icon? Did I mention this is awesome? Because if I didn't let me stress just how AWESOME it is!!

[Now just waiting for an afk icon. I picture little Zzzzs above your head (like you're sleeping). I read someone suggesting a talking too fast icon. That would be great too (a face with a gag would be hilarious!).]

Larger Pin Inventory:
Way Cool! I feel this to be one of the best improvements EVAR! Did I understand correctly that the pins we wear will display their power level too, I mean not just in trade window? That would be great!

Single Use Items:
You can read my thoughts on those here:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14734339&postcount=26

New Hair
Hmm... Ok. I don't really care about this, except to note that once again girls get more new things than boys... lol :rolleyes:

Pirates Treasure Room:
Well at first I read this and though Yipee! What a neat idea and bonus. A key to open treasure. Sweet! I like the idea of the in-game mechanic too, taking a key to the Treasure Room to unlock a chest. Nifty! But then I read this:
Yavn said:
When you use the key you MAY win something. Sometimes you get nothing, other times you may get magic or credits.
Awww, see now that's just daft silly. "Sometimes you get nothing" - I've seen how VMK does randomness... anyone for a Pirates of the Caribbean poster? I can see it now... some poor kid who isn't so hot at Pirates finally gets a key... goes to the treasure room, opens the chest and gets a big fat goose egg. What a disappointment this sounds like it's going to be. :guilty:

Halloween Hijinx:
But hey enough of the saddness, as I swing right back to the top. And that's what Yavn and team have done - they brought The Awesome. Not only are they giving us a detail schedule of what and when things are coming out [something I've never seen and hope they do more of!], they are releasing some great stuff!! They did a fine job on the schedule too... They can keep their surprises and yet tell us when new things are coming - just put "Mystery Item!" - PERFECTLY DONE! And Oh I so Can't Wait! I'm happy to be finally getting a black and brown mansion costume. I hope for the superhero mask to be released. Oh and red cowboy! Only sad note to this list is that girls get more than boys...

[I know you VMKers don't want boys to wear dresses, but maybe you could still let us buy the items to use in trades. Just a thought :confused3 Or how about a boys-only Prince Charming costume and crown?]

[The only problem with having so many costumes is that it can be a pain to change clothes. One suggestion I'd love to give now, would be a better change clothing window. Use the Stuff Window and Wear each clothing item as we do our pins. The flip-through each item is a pain.]

New Staff Uniforms:
Fantastic! The staff will be quite spiffy!

Omg I Cant Wait!!!! I Want To Get The Costumes Already Lol Im Saving Alot For This Halloween!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter