Big Announcement Coming

Hmmm...very interesting! Has it been confirmed that there will be a M&G there? Last I've heard the only official word is bathrooms, all else is speculation.

Last October on the Disney Parks Blog there was a chat with Imagineer Chris Beatty and he said the there were no plans for a M&G in that area. If they did want to do it I don't know how they would fit it in. That is a pretty small area and part of the reason to build it was to help with traffic glow in that area. Adding an M&G there would just cause traffic problems again.

Jenn Fickley-Baker: We've also received several questions about construction going on elsewhere in Fantasyland, in the area where the old Skyway attraction was. What can you tell us about this area?

Monday October 15, 2012 2:42 Jenn Fickley-Baker

2:45 Chris Beatty: Not only have we looked at adding new guests experiences to the New Fantasyland, but we looked at opportunities to enhance guest comfort. Many of you are curious to know will there be a character meet-and-greet in this area, but at this moment there are no plans.

The blog indicated it was big for all of WDW. Could it be the obvious appointment of George Kalogridis? He gets a lot of love from the DL "purists" out there for continuing and improving on the parks out there after he took over when people were a little concerned... Maybe just bringing some of that west coast magic over here is really what was meant by it. Could it be this is part of a bigger strategy to make sure the MK's 50th is not thrown together and they'll actually start planning for it well in advance?

Based on past experiences either the CMs are repeating rumors or its really not that big of an announcement. Just to point out, when was the last time Disney told CMs something big before a public announcement.

Based on past experiences either the CMs are repeating rumors or its really not that big of an announcement. Just to point out, when was the last time Disney told CMs something big before a public announcement.

As a 40 year CM, I can confirm, they don't tell us anything ahead of press releases (unless it's 15 minutes before)

I found this on the Disney mom's board today in response to someone looking to meet Rapunzel...

A greeting area for Rapunzel is under construction near it's a small world. You can see the top of her tower behind the construction fence. Until that opens, Rapunzel may be one of the princesses appearing in Town Square Theater near the entrance to Main Street USA. That's Mickey's headquarters, too.

I found this on the Disney mom's board today in response to someone looking to meet Rapunzel...

A greeting area for Rapunzel is under construction near it's a small world. You can see the top of her tower behind the construction fence. Until that opens, Rapunzel may be one of the princesses appearing in Town Square Theater near the entrance to Main Street USA. That's Mickey's headquarters, too.

I dislike when the Mom's panel gives out useless, incorrect information. Unless something major has changed, Rapunzel's tower is NOT a meet and greet area, it's only themed bathrooms to replace the ones near Peter Pan.

Not specifically. The original blog post just said "in the coming weeks." EeyoreFan1, can you give us a more specific time frame to look for?

I have only heard that it will be in the coming weeks, possibly month or two. :goodvibes

Anybody else have any "big news" announcements from mini wage employees "in the know"?

I both love it...and look forward to the day when every person on earth learns the lesson to be learned in regards to these "sources"

It might be the Pirates interactive "game" rumored to be coming to Adventureland.

I hope so. We just missed the opening of the new PoTC show at DHS when we were there in October, but we will be back this October. Would love it if this new game is up and running by then. :goodvibes

When I open the DVCMEMBER page it shows Carsland at Disneyland. Now considering that DVC california is not that many rooms and sold out I believe.
I think there is other reasons to have an opening page for DVCMember to show Cars Land than to advertise Disneyland. My guess is the announcement might be Cars Land coming to DHS.

Fingers crossed.

First, WDW is not positioned currently for another 500 mil- 1 billion reinvestment...

Second, if they should decide to strike again - I'd be ridiculously disappointed if it were a cars expansion:

First - Cars is not a great Disney property.
The first was good, the second was bad...and it's been exploited to sell walmart grade junk to the lowest common denominator for 8 years.

Second - it would be another example of the Eisner/Iger over-cloning that has reduced the effectiveness of there attractions for years.

And as to the dvcmember website - if you notice, they're always trying to sell us something that doesn't make a lot if sense.
Like aulani...
I suppose it's nice and all - but the majority of the experienced traveler knows you don't go to Hawaii to have Mickey waffles. It's a limited draw (especially to east coasters) and I don't find it incredibly more desirable than vero or HHI...because of the difficulty of getting there and all the other places I'd want to go.

So as far as putting pictures of Disneyland up - they have the GC villas, but I'm sure they want to have justification to build more. That's the goal.

I don't see the point of Carsland in WDW...on about a dozen levels.

But a big one is that they should not clone rides inside the US any longer...they have the money to be patient and build two individual destinations with their own merit.

I would love to see some major improvements made to Hollywood Studios. There are a few signature attractions, and then the rest seems like wasted space. I can't fill a full day in there even when I try.

To me the best investment they could make is a Star Wars expansion. I'd expect it to go at dhs or ak (possibly ewoky). Cars land would be an improvement at dhs, but Star Wars would generate an all ages attraction. I'd also do Star Wars before I did any avatar attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!