Bicycles on Castaway Cay

lovethatdisney

Mouseketeer
Should we book bicycles ahead of time or is it easy to rent them on the island? Do they sell out with prebookings?

Also, if you prebook to you have to reserve a specific time?

Thanks for the help!

Last August, there were a ton of them. We just walked up to rent them. They told us to take the 2 we wanted. We were very close on the hour when we returned them and they were just like "no problem - just park them anywhere" - didn't even check our times.

We did the package that gives you the snorkel equip, bike rentals & floats. It's worth it if you do all this stuff. 1st time we didn't pre-book & 2nd time we did. There were definitely plenty of bikes. The only advantage I found is that if you know for sure you're going to do it, it makes life so much easier than standing in a line on the ship. I just called DCL last time & "charged it". Also, then I felt comfortable that there would definitely be equipment for us when we got there.

Hubby loves to rent the bikes, and I don't think he's ever booked them in advance. He just wanders over and there has always been plenty of bikes available.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Do they have bikes with training wheels? My 4 yo DD would love a bike ride around the island!

I know they have a lot of different sizes and bike with the kid seat on the back. I would assume they would have the training wheels ones, too, but can't specifically remember.. Maybe someone else can remember ...

when we cruised last Nov. there were bikes with training wheels and bike helmets (my DS5) used them. They also have adult bikes with small seats for infants and toddlers to ride on the back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter