• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bice or The Palm?

wdwrule

DIS Veteran
Hubby and I are looking for an upcoming anniversary dinner and we haven’t been to either of these places. Thoughts? Recommendations?

Hubby and I are looking for an upcoming anniversary dinner and we haven’t been to either of these places. Thoughts? Recommendations?
We have ate at both and love them both. The whole lobster at The Palm is amazing! Best dish I have had at Bice is the short rib "little hat" style stuffed pasta ( I forgot what it's actually called. But honestly, the meal I cannot forget that was better than both was Mama Della's at Portofino. Simply amazing! But honestly, which ever you choose, you will be pleased.

The Palm
IMG_4922.jpeg

Bice
IMG_5907.jpeg

IMG_5909.jpeg

IMG_5910.jpeg

Mama Della's
IMG_6071.jpeg
IMG_6072.jpeg
Also at Mama Della's they seranade table side which is pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_6073.jpeg
    IMG_6073.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
We have at at both and love them both. The whole lobster at The Palm is amazing! Best dish I have had at Bice is the short rib "little hat" style stuffed pasta ( I forgot what it's actually called. But honestly, the meal I cannot forget that was better than both was Mama Della's at Portofino. Simply amazing! But honestly, which ever you choose, you will be pleased.
Oh yes I forgot about Mama Della’s. We stayed at PBH awhile back and loved it but didn’t try some of their restaurants… only Sal’s at the time. Thank you!

ETA: oh wow just saw your pics you added! Tough choice!

Last edited:
We did Bice last year for our anniversary and it was a bit underwhelming. Not at all bad just could have been better considering prices. If you want Italian I’d say mama Della’s or vivo.
Have never eaten at the palm but always hear it’s very good.
Amatista at SF is really good and especially lovely if you get a table by the windows or outside.

We did Bice last year for our anniversary and it was a bit underwhelming. Not at all bad just could have been better considering prices. If you want Italian I’d say mama Della’s or vivo.
Have never eaten at the palm but always hear it’s very good.
Amatista at SF is really good and especially lovely if you get a table by the windows or outside.
Thank you! I forgot about Amatista. That’s on my list to try one day for sure.

We avoid Bice and Mamma Della`s as they couldn`t omit certain simple ingredients from dishes, so we don`t go there. We do enjoy Vivo though.

The Palm has changed slightly since Landry`s took it over, food was mixed, but our last experience was exactly that....our last experience, and we have been there lots of times, it just wasn`t the same. On the other hand, friends of ours went recently and loved it. So....not much help there......🥴

Amatista is lovely, maybe not the elaborate anniversary experience you`re looking for, but food is excellent as is service and there are some wonderful restaurants a short Uber ride away like Eddie V`s.

We avoid Bice and Mamma Della`s as they couldn`t omit certain simple ingredients from dishes, so we don`t go there. We do enjoy Vivo though.

The Palm has changed slightly since Landry`s took it over, food was mixed, but our last experience was exactly that....our last experience, and we have been there lots of times, it just wasn`t the same. On the other hand, friends of ours went recently and loved it. So....not much help there......🥴

Amatista is lovely, maybe not the elaborate anniversary experience you`re looking for, but food is excellent as is service and there are some wonderful restaurants a short Uber ride away like Eddie V`s.
Awesome thank you! That’s true too… we could always Uber somewhere. We’ll check that out. We don’t need anything fancy, just looking for something nice and different. Good idea!

Awesome thank you! That’s true too… we could always Uber somewhere. We’ll check that out. We don’t need anything fancy, just looking for something nice and different. Good idea!

You`re welcome :)

Eddie V`s is certainly on the fancier end, but check out that whole Dr Phillips area on Sand Lake, they have many options if you felt like going slightly offsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter