BIbbidi Bobbidi Boutique - buy or take dress?

jwb811

Earning My Ears
My 6yo will be doing BBB for the first time during our upcoming SB trip, and we are debating whether to take a dress with us or buy a package that includes a dress. Our reservation is at 12:30 pm and will be in MK for a while afterwards before doing dinner at CM that night. I’m curious based on people’s experiences:
1. If my child will feel like she is “missing out” on anything if she brings a dress but gets to pick out some accessories?
2. If the dresses you get with the package would be comfortable wearing the rest of the day?
TIA for the input!

1) My kids did not seem bothered by not choosing costumes during their appointments. You still get to use the dressing rooms to change into your own dress so the only difference is not walking around the shop and telling a cast member which dress you'd like to try on. One of my kids did choose a new dress and jewelry, but she bought the jewelry at Hollywood Studios and the dress at Sir Mickeys. So she did get the thrill of a new outfit, but you can get that thrill with a lower price tag.
2) This is going to depend on your kid. So my gal with the Sir Mickeys dress (which would be the same styles as you would get at BBB) and my gal who wore her Disney store dress both wore their dresses without complaining from our afternoon appointment until bedtime and then one of them wanted to wear the dress the next day. I'm not suggesting they were particularly comfortable-- one of the dresses was very long and I made her hold it up when she walked-- just that they put up with it. They fed off the compliments. If you're going to be disappointed about paying a lot of money for a dress only to have your kid demand to remove it immediately, then I'd probably save the money. The weather was nice when we went so they weren't too hot, which definitely helps. On non-BBB days my girls like to wear these dresses from Walmart/Target that have soft material for the top and a lined tutu for the bottom--we have Elsa, Ariel, Tiana, Cinderella, and Minnie. They are fancy enough that you could use them for BBB if comfort were a big concern.

When my daughter did this a few years ago, we bought one of the off brand cotton dresses and brought it with us. She didn't care at all that she didn't get to pick out a dress during the experience because she changed into it there. She was definitely way more comfortable in it all day.

I ordered one of the deluxe dresses from Disney Store on clearance and was really surprised at how much higher quality it was than the ones available at the BBB in Disney Springs. Even the Photoass photographer commented on it. She survived in it just fine from mid morning to a character dinner at Garden Grove. Like someone else mentioned, she loved all the compliments.

My daughter wore her own dress, and she did not have any desire to get one of the dresses in the store while we were waiting for her makeover!

We went in May one year it was quite hot so I got a cute Cotton Sun Dress.

Since we were stationed overseas at the time, we bought my daughter’s dress there, but would have opted to buy elsewhere if it had been an option for us. She did have a great time picking out her dress, but I don’t think already having it would have taken away from the overall experience at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter