Beverages on dining plan

Lucky'sMom

DIS Veteran
Does the regular dining plan (1 QS, 1TS) include both a regular beverage, like a coke, plus an alcoholic drink or is it either/or? So can I get a Diet Coke AND a wine? Thanks!

The wording of the plans allows for one alcoholic OR one non-alcoholic beverage, but many people have posted on here that they've been permitted an alcoholic drink and a soda at various reataurants. I think others have said they've been told no. I wouldn't plan on it always being permitted, even if one place allows it doesn't mean they all will, but ask your server at each place. I kind of doubt you'd have much luck at QS, but TS might be more willing to include both.

The wording of the plans allows for one alcoholic OR one non-alcoholic beverage, but many people have posted on here that they've been permitted an alcoholic drink and a soda at various reataurants. I think others have said they've been told no. I wouldn't plan on it always being permitted, even if one place allows it doesn't mean they all will, but ask your server at each place. I kind of doubt you'd have much luck at QS, but TS might be more willing to include both.

Agree. QS will be a hard "no". But, experiences vary at TS restaurants. According to the wording in the DDP literature, it's either/or....so there's no "ground" to stand on for arguing for both.

The experiences where people have had the most success with getting both have been at buffets.

We've had significant luck at price fixe type places like Ohana where the meal includes a drink. We have been offered a soda and milkshake at 50s as well, but that only happened once(I chalk that one up to pixie dust). Definitely won't be happening at a qs place.

We've had significant luck at price fixe type places like Ohana where the meal includes a drink.

I agree that it does seem to happen at TS places where the "entree" has a drink built in, which is why prix fixe and buffets seem more likely to work out that way for people. Because the plan covers an entree and a drink, so you may get the drink that comes as part of the entree, plus the drink the plan entitles you to.

Anywhere else I'd really chalk it up to pixie dust if you get both an alcoholic drink and a non-alcoholic drink both covered. :)

I will also say we ordered 2 (expensive) alcoholic drinks each at Brown Derby (signature dining), and we weren't charged for the second ones. I think it really does come down to luck (and honestly, just being kind and chatty with your server goes a really long way).

I believe I read that if you have an under 21 with you on the dining plan, that a 21+ cannot order an alcoholic beverage. Can anyone confirm?

I believe I read that if you have an under 21 with you on the dining plan, that a 21+ cannot order an alcoholic beverage. Can anyone confirm?

That would mean the majority of people using the plan would not be able to order an alcoholic beverage since Disney targets families, so NO, that is not correct.

You have to be 21+ to order one, but it doesn't matter who else is in your party.

Definitely not. Obviously under 21 cannot order an alcoholic beverage but of age adults certainly can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter