Better buffet ~ 1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace?

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Was curious where people thought the food was better - Crystal Palace or 1900 Park fare? I Am deciding between the two. Haven't been to 1900 Park fare in about 6 years, did Crystal palace for dinner this August, it was good (DH rated it just ok).

Thanks for any feedback, Marina

We ate at both for dinner on our last trip and I’d say 1900 Park Fare for us hands down! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal there and the character interactions. One of the best meals of our trip. Crystal Palace was somewhere I would gladly never eat again. The food was horrible.

1900PF. I like the breakfast at CP just fine, but between those two 1900PF will always win. I love their pecan sticky buns at breakfast and just about everything at dinner. And both meals have my absolutely favorite thing - strawberry soup!

For lunch and dinner pick your poison. IMO they are both typical mass quantity, minimal quality buffets about stacking it high and repeating many times until one slips into a self-induced coma or until one's pants become too tight they no longer can breath easy. For breakfast, they are both average quality buffets where the same procedure is repeated. I'd say make your choice strictly based on which character experience you desire. :rotfl2:

(I will admit though I am addicted to the breakfast lasagna at CP)

What meal is this for? If breakfast we love CP. Have not been to any other meal there but have heard good things. Have never been to 1900 at all.

Last edited:

1900Park Fare is by far the better choice for dinner. I would go there and eat just the butternut squash ravioli! Make sure to try it if you go, definitely the best item on the buffet!

Hi all,

Was curious where people thought the food was better - Crystal Palace or 1900 Park fare? I Am deciding between the two. Haven't been to 1900 Park fare in about 6 years, did Crystal palace for dinner this August, it was good (DH rated it just ok).

Thanks for any feedback, Marina

1900 Park Fare is our favorite!

This is easy like everyone else 1900 Park Fare. And if possible sometime you should go for the breakfast the character interaction at breakfast is incredible.

We thought the food was better at 1900PF but the atmosphere was more stuffy. CP is more relaxed

Umm.. does Crystal Palace have Strawberry Soup? I don't think so. So it's gotta a be 1900, I mean OBVI.

Seriously though, I think it wins on a few things. 1st, and most important to me, FOOD. It's a smaller venue and at a resort. In my experience resort restaurants are just generally better in food quality than park ones. 2nd Character Interaction, unless you have someone in your party who is REALLY into Pooh and the gang, the 'face' characters at 1900 offer much more improvised iteration. You can ask them silly questions, and they can joke around with you more. I know Crystal tends to be busier and characters can be rushed. But that can happen anywhere. 3rd, 'cause I feel it needs it's own reason, Strawberry Soup. You can only get it at 1900. Not sure what kind of crack they put in it (this is a joke of course) - but it's just a-MAZ-ing.

I am a big Cp fan. Love Pooh & Tigger! I would highly recommend it for breakfast. I have never been there for any other meal. Its a fun place for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter