Beta Signup For Ravenwoodcollege

Since they asked us to send info about our computers, I'm wondering if they are starting with people with certain computers (maybe old computers--mine is three years old) to see how they do on the game, and then add more in later.

I signed up too, but I have a theory - the home page specifies that the site is designed for young teens, so they may be trying to target the test audience at that age group to get a better "feel" for how the game is going to work when launched.

Just a hunch.

Since they asked us to send info about our computers, I'm wondering if they are starting with people with certain computers (maybe old computers--mine is three years old) to see how they do on the game, and then add more in later.
Nah. Mine is 7 years old.

They did say when I signed up that people using Hotmail accounts (mine is MSN) that they would get their responses a few weeks later. Don't know why. :confused3

Are you using Hotmail/MSN?

Also, as Peri suggested, they may be going by the age of the person too.

I am assuming the same, sort of. I think what they are doing is using a test group of different versions of software to see if their game works on all pc's.
I signed up too, but I have a theory - the home page specifies that the site is designed for young teens, so they may be trying to target the test audience at that age group to get a better "feel" for how the game is going to work when launched.

Just a hunch.
Sorry, I'm no teen or tween. Heh, not even close. :rolleyes1
Nah. Mine is 7 years old.

They did say when I signed up that people using Hotmail accounts (mine is MSN) that they would get their responses a few weeks later. Don't know why. :confused3

Are you using Hotmail/MSN?

Also, as Peri suggested, they may be going by the age of the person too.

I used my Hotmail account. I did get the same email, but a few days later, they sent the login email.
I just wish I had more time to devote to this game. I do like the graphics, especially the magic spells. In the short time I did play, I noticed hanging out with friends isn't going to really happen. At this point, you are not able to sit or dance or openly chat. It seems it's mostly about gaining power levels and magic spells. I do like having quests, but it's not going to be a replacement for VMK or SW, imo. I don't think younger kids will grasp all of the information you have to learn for the magic spells, so it won't be much of a family game, either. Definitely a teen game.
Anyway, hope the rest of you get to try it out. I'd like to know some of your opinions. :)

Ooooooh! Food and books - two of my favorite things in life!! Must check it out! :thumbsup2

Oh no, Briar! Not books too? I am way to involved with the Foodies there as it is!:rotfl2:

LOL! It spontaneously broke out inside someone's food report. I've got an invite to a yahoogroup set up for the purpose of the book club, so if you are interesting, I can forward the link to join. :)

I plan on being on around 7:30 mountain to try out some of the new patch features. PM if you're interested in trying to meet up.

could you guys grab a couple screen shots for those of us not so lucky as to have been picked yet? :)

could you guys grab a couple screen shots for those of us not so lucky as to have been picked yet? :)

Sure! Just thought I'd add...I would have taken more screenies of the battle, but I got the Skeleton Pirate on the first spell and really wasn't ready to take on another battle, but the animations and graphics are awesome!

2571029969_62672fe665_o.jpg

2571855574_95ee94b2e0_o.jpg

2571030023_f5172bb81e_o.jpg

2571030199_e1465e950c_o.jpg

2571030235_1323f7ed29_o.jpg

2571030307_65e8004b12_o.jpg

2571030361_4ca1ce144c_o.jpg

oh wow I love it... so are battles like you play a card?

aww pick me next pick me next ROFL

Well I ran into mims and we went off and kicked booty on some dark fairies.

LOL, it is not the age of the computer; both Out and mine are less than 6 mo. old. Nor is it the age of players - Out is in and I am not yet and we are both "of an age."

My daughter tells me they are sending as fast as they can. And the "Mom Guilt Card" didn't work. :furious:

LOL, it is not the age of the computer; both Out and mine are less than 6 mo. old. Nor is it the age of players - Out is in and I am not yet and we are both "of an age."

My daughter tells me they are sending as fast as they can. And the "Mom Guilt Card" didn't work. :furious:

ZOMG see! play it again, and then say i should get to play also @_@

Wow, those pictures look amazing, at least the ones I can see at work. (For some reason the post office doesn't like photobucket;))
Hmmm, maybe I need to go check my email and see if I've gotten an okay yet.
Poor Coriander...it's really bad when the 'Mom' card doesn't work isn't it?:rotfl2:
Kim

Woot! I got my pass today!!!

Going to check it out!!:cool1:

I am now Alura Sea Walker of the Myth School!

I'm in! Don't know why - but I am Morgan Mist Caster if you should run into me.

Cough - we need a list of VMK or Dis to Wizard101 titles.:worship:

Was walking by and saw Alura. I thnk you might have been afk but sent a friend request. Hope you got it - this is Padric Firestalker.

Oops - looks like I saw the wrong Alura - Stormwalker instead of Seawalker.

Was walking by and saw Alura. I thnk you might have been afk but sent a friend request. Hope you got it - this is Padric Firestalker.

Oops - looks like I saw the wrong Alura - Stormwalker instead of Seawalker.

Oops! Somewhere between being AFK to long and getting logged off, I don't think I got it. :worried: '

Sorry! I'll keep my eyes open for you!

I'm in! Don't know why - but I am Morgan Mist Caster if you should run into me.

Cough - we need a list of VMK or Dis to Wizard101 titles.:worship:

We alsoneed a quest thread, like the mission one for Small Worlds. I'm a bit stuck, or there is a bug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter