Best & Worst / ineffective "worst" voting

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by smw, Jun 7, 2017.

1. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

We did lunch at Le Helles Boulangerie Patisserie last trip and it was one of the best lunches we've ever had at WDW - really good and fresh food and nice options. Nothing super fancy (just nice sandwiches and salads and stuff) but portions were large as we were able to split a few things among my family

05_Food.jpg 06_Peter eating sandwich.jpg

rteetz likes this.
  2. pjweaver

pjweaver just happy to be here

Sorry Max, I look at your tray and I see three snacks and a small glass of rye and water. Maybe I am just a big eater.

Aerin75 and SorcererHeidi like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. StraightToDumbo

StraightToDumbo Monorails kill dreams.

I'm wondering how in one breath they can say "You're in EPCOT, stop getting American food" and then say that Sunshine Seasons is one of the best QS places.

5. Tonyz

Tonyz How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

No it's like ranking ALL the restaurants in NYC and saying the last three are the worst... which makes perfect sense.

6. Tonyz

Tonyz How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

I don't think they're aiming for scientific studies of Disney quick-services.

7. StraightToDumbo

StraightToDumbo Monorails kill dreams.

But isn't that kind of what WDWInfo is suppose to be about? Unbiased reporting of the WDW facts?

8. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

WdwInfo is the news and blog site. The podcasts which this from is for opinions and bias.

9. Elizabeth Smith

Elizabeth Smith DIS Veteran

I think there is something to be said for the bottom three possibly just being forgotten. I mean, if you're memorable, that's something! Even if it's bad. It's like the quote from Pirate of the Caribbean. "You're the worst pirate I've ever heard of!" "Ah, but you have heard of me."

10. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Not really, it would mean those bottom three are the least voted best restauarants

A lot of thing everyonecan be neutral about and not vote for whereas other things could be more decisive where for some it's a favorite and for some it is the worst

11. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Exactly - just think about the EPCOT one that was just released: I know some people that really like Electric Umbrella and a lot of people that hate it - but I don't know anyone that thinks of Starbucks when they are thinking of quick service locations

disneyland_is_magic likes this.
  12. KittyKitty

KittyKitty DIS Veteran

(Disclaimer: I'm from Seattle, home of a Starbucks on every corner)

I don't think of Starbucks as a quick service, more of a quick pick me upper. So the few people who voted for it were saying it was their best choice. I also think it should be 2 polls, best and worst.

Where are these polls located to vote?

13. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

They are posted on the Dis Facebook page.

KittyKitty likes this.
  14. disneyland_is_magic

disneyland_is_magic Mouseketeer

Starbucks isn't listed as quick service on the dining plan, so it's not surprising it did so poorly.