Best way to carry soda onboard?

EPeel

Earning My Ears
Hey all,
We'll be traveling on the WBPC cruise next March, and will be bringing a case of Mountain Dew onboard for my DW, who would not agree to the trip otherwise LOL. Any suggestions on the best way to transport? I'm clear that it needs to be in "carry-on", so obviously I'll be hauling it onboard, but after that I'm unclear. Does "carry-on" literally mean zipped inside a suitcase, or is it more informal than that? I remember years ago traveling on Norwegian, and a good number of passengers had cases of water strapped to their luggage. Is something like that permissible? Also, I read somewhere that it needs to be in cans, rather than bottles, but can find no official source for this. For our purposes resealable bottles would be preferable, since she often doesn't finish a full one in a sitting (and won't want to waste a single sip), but we will of course comply with whatever the official policy is. In all honesty I'm just excited, and mulling over my to do list. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

Hey all,
We'll be traveling on the WBPC cruise next March, and will be bringing a case of Mountain Dew onboard for my DW, who would not agree to the trip otherwise LOL. Any suggestions on the best way to transport? I'm clear that it needs to be in "carry-on", so obviously I'll be hauling it onboard, but after that I'm unclear. Does "carry-on" literally mean zipped inside a suitcase, or is it more informal than that? I remember years ago traveling on Norwegian, and a good number of passengers had cases of water strapped to their luggage. Is something like that permissible? Also, I read somewhere that it needs to be in cans, rather than bottles, but can find no official source for this. For our purposes resealable bottles would be preferable, since she often doesn't finish a full one in a sitting (and won't want to waste a single sip), but we will of course comply with whatever the official policy is. In all honesty I'm just excited, and mulling over my to do list. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!
You may use whatever type of "container" you wish to bring your soda onboard. Some people put them in a small, roll-around bag. Others just use a luggage carrier, with the sodas in the open.

The "cans only, no bottles" thing is on Carnival. You can't bring any beverages onboard that are in bottles.

You can carry it on any way that is easiest for you to cart it around until your stateroom is ready. It does not need to be in a bag, but I find it easiest to put beverages I am carrying on in a roller bag to wheel around until I can put it in my stateroom. I've heard other cruise lines only allow cans due to people trying to sneak alcohol in in resealable bottles, but DCL allows bottles as well as cans.

We use a collapsible luggage cart to haul our Diet Dr. Pepper. When we get to the security checkpoint we have to unload the cans to be scanned -- just like a TSA scanner at the airport -- then reload the cart after the screening. Since Dr. Pepper isn't available onboard, the crew offered to help us drink it. :tongue: No matter how many cartons we haul onboard, we end up having to restock when we arrive in port. (Assuming it's available there.)

And stick to your guns about bringing it on. I had read here on disboards to hand carry my soda on, but when I got to the porters, they said "No problem! Let me take those for you, it won't be any trouble!" So I let them. Lucky for me, nothing burst open, but I still would have been liable for damages if the cans had burst...

It took me by surprise that the porters were so willing to take the soda from me instead of saying "You know, you should hand carry that on..."

For sodas, water, etc: carry-on means you have to carry it on. I would just carry it on in its own carton.

As mentioned above, do not let the porters talk you out of carrying it on yourself. That would be against the DCL rules; the porters do not work for DCL and don't care; if there is a mishap you will be responsible for all damages.

For sodas, water, etc: carry-on means you have to carry it on. I would just carry it on in its own carton.

As mentioned above, do not let the porters talk you out of carrying it on yourself. That would be against the DCL rules; the porters do not work for DCL and don't care; if there is a mishap you will be responsible for all damages.

This. The porters just want a bigger tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter