• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best two bedroom suite

mamita

Mouseketeer
I need some help picking a hotel that offers a two bedroom suite with a kitchen, we have three kids including 2 teens so we need the room. this will be the first time we don`t stay at a disney hotel but my husband wants try staying off site and renting a car.
so far I`m considering residence inn lake buena vista and staybridge suites...can anyone recomend either one.... thanks.

I can't help you with the suites.
I just wanted to mention that we just stayed off site for the first time last month at Windsor Hills. (condos and villas) We payed 99 a night for 3 bedrooms 2 baths with big screen TV. -Some people get better deals than this.
I don't know if you have considered a condo -but I just wanted to mention it.
I had always thought a condo would be too much work-but it really wasn't. I didn't cook so I didn't feel like I spent the trip cooking and cleaning.

There are the Homewood Suites on International Drive which are 1 and 2 bedroom - can't recommend them personally though. Like Clarabelle, I would suggest a condo or townhome which will probably work out cheaper than a 2 bedroom suite. You can get townhomes with private splash pools or hot-tubs and some, like Coral Cay, have gamesrooms too. If you are planning on doing more than just Disney look for developments in Kissimmee which will be somewhere in between so not too much driving :goodvibes

Before we bought our timeshare, we rented single homes with our own private pool. We rented many times thru www.villadirect.com and had a great experience each time though many disers will say to avoid them. :confused3
Their homes were always exactly as shown in the photos and were always decorated beautifully. Many have big screen tvs, garage converted to game rooms with air hockey, billiards, foosball, etc.
Once you have that much space and privacy, it's awful going back to a tiny hotel room with 1 bathroom.

Here are the neighborhoods that are closest to Disney:
Formosa Gardens
Indian Creek
Rolling Hills
Windsor Hills
Windsor Palms
Emerald Island
These are all near Formosa Gardens Blvd. in Kissimmee if you want to Mapquest/aerial view. (southwest of Disney)

There are many newer areas on Rt. 27 but it's a longer drive to Disney and even further to Universal.

Unless you're going in summer, I'd recommend paying the extra for pool heat. It's heavenly to swim at night after a busy day in the parks.:cloud9: The one time we didn't get it, the water was freezing at night. :headache:

We're not ones to order room service and we really don't care if the beds aren't made when we return so it's a no-brainer for us but some like more service so they prefer a hotel. We also don't need to be "immersed in Disney" 24/7 and enjoy the quietness of being offsite. ymmv.

thanks for all the info, but I`d actually prefer the housekeeping and I think a hotel would be best for us and also I`ve heard of people getting nagged into buying oportunities and I don`t want anyone to bug me while I`m on vacation:mad: so that kind of scared me off to the idea.

We've stayed at Lake Buena Vista Village Resort in a 2 bedroom and loved it. It was only for a 1-2 night stay before we checked into a DVC resort. It's brand new and close to Disney. Best rate I've found was thru condoexpress. You could also look into renting points and staying at a DVC property in a 2 bedroom. They're all great, OKW has the largest rooms, the 2 bedroom is huge!! We'll be in one in July!

Hawthorne Suites on Canada Avenue is nice clean hotel with good free hot breakfast.

Also check out the Orlando Magic Rate for the hotel.

We just stayed at the Residence Inn LBV in a 2 br suite. I thought it was very nice. Quiet, clean, good breakfast and great pool. The pool was warm and the kids just loved swimming in the evening. The beds were comfortable. Overall, I was very pleased. We are Marriott fans, so this was what we expected.

Our family really enjoys Cypress point Villas we book through Hotelkingdom.com for resevations to get the best price. There is plenty of room in a 2 bedroom. We have stayed in a 3 bedroom with 12ppl before. the third room has a seperate bath and kitchenette.

If your a Marriott rewards member you can get a great deal at Horizons.
Stay 2 nights and get the third night free !! We just booked a quick trip in July. We stayed there a couple of years ago, in a 2 bedroom with our 3 kids,
and everyone had plenty of room to roam and have fun. :banana:

We're staying in the LBV Village Resort in about a months time and it has everything we need, I'm 18 and going with my mum, dad and brother (16) so we're nearly like your family, and I can tell you from a teen point of view it looks great!

Not sure when your going but we're trying the Quality Inn Royale Suites next week. We are booked for a 2 bedroom. When I get back on the 5th I'll let you know how it was!;) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter