Best title company?

Check out the closing time thread and see how long it is taking various title companies to send closing docs and get them filed. We used Jeffrey C Sweet as well and the process went incredibly quick compared to what some others have reported.

Wow, thanks. I also keep seeing magic vacation title. Sounds like Sweet is better.
*** operates in high volume and my experience with them was awful. They will be the biggest reason your closing is delayed; it won't be Disney, and it won't be the sellers. It will be your agent and their pile of closing documents that they sit on while they work their way through the backlog. One broker described to me how dropping *** was the best business decision they had ever made.

Second the Jefferey Sweet recommendation. They were the best of the three closing companies we dealt with. The contract that we used them for was taken; the deposit was returned immediately. Their closing cost was reasonable too - though I recommend trying to get Seller to pay the CC.

Great thread! I find that the topic of title companies often gets overlooked in the search of 'best' brokers, but IMO as the buyer you deal with the title co waaay more than the broker. We have used First American, Jeffrey Sweet and Magic Vacation Title. The only one I was really aggravated about was the *** fees were significantly higher than the estimated costs (almost 100 bucks), but this was 2 or 3 years ago so I have no idea what they're charging now.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Here at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® we use many different closing companies. Typically the "happiness" of the buyer or the seller in the transaction comes down to how fast the other party returns their final documents. If a buyer returns their final documents ASAP and the seller takes three weeks the buyer will be upset no matter the closing company (vice versa if seller returns ASAP and buyer takes three weeks).

Second the Jefferey Sweet recommendation. They were the best of the three closing companies we dealt with. The contract that we used them for was taken; the deposit was returned immediately. Their closing cost was reasonable too - though I recommend trying to get Seller to pay the CC.

A third recommendation for Jefferey Sweet. Of all our WDW contracts (used a title company in Nevada for our VGC contract) they were, by far, the best title company. Everything was very timely and their communication was superior.

LT transfers will be around $200 if you're doing a private deal or one where you have the choice.

Attorney Jeffrey C. Sweet. Two contracts, both filed with OCC within 2 business days of receiving funds/closing docs.

We are currently using *** and Jeffrey C. Sweet, the experience with ***, has been very underwhelming. The hurry up and wait syndrome appears to be in full effect at ***. On the other hand, Jenna with Jeffrey C. Sweet has been very professional and efficient through our entire process.

My contract was closed on September 6th with ***, and I have yet to get my closing documents, at least I have access to my points.

Another recommendation for Jeffrey Sweet. Have closed 3 contracts with them in the past 2 years (2 in the past 2 months). All have been done quickly and efficiently with great communication from start to finish with the paralegals.

*** now say they will not accept work from anyone apart from one broker.

I have had a series of bad experiences with ***, including having to hound them for well over a month to be reimbursed multiple thousands of dollars that they were holding in escrow. We are under ROFR for a contract now and one of my stipulations was that *** go nowhere near the contract.

FYI, the buyer can choose the title company. You don’t have to go with the ones the brokers say they use.

I’ve closed 2 contracts with ***, both of which closed without incident or any delay. I’m now waiting on closing documents on a 3rd contract with First American. I would definitely not recommend them.

I passed ROFR on 2 Oct and still haven’t received closing documents. When over 2 weeks had passed without receiving them or hearing anything I asked for an update. Was told that they were preparing them that day and I would receive them shortly. When I still hadn’t received them or heard anything over a week after that update, I sent another email. Received an email stating that because the seller was supposed to pay 2019 MFs they were waiting until Dec 13th to figure out the amount seller should pay. Apparently they thought it was appropriate to just add a 2 month delay into the closing process without asking if that was ok or even reaching out to let me know that was what was happening. Never mind that the contract requires closing to occur 60 days after it was executed. I sent another email asking them just to calculate the 2019 MFs using the 2018 amount (as *** did when I purchased a contract through them that had seller paying for 2019 MFs). Still have heard nothing back 4 days later.

Bottom line, I would run far far away from ever dealing with First American agin, and if I ever buy a 4th contract I will make sure that the terms of my offer include that the closing company will be anyone but First American.

What about Mason Title? Has anyone here used them? Thanks.
Yes We Used them back in April. From offer to points in our account was literally like 5 weeks total. Not sure if we hit things just at a good time but they seemed very efficient. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter