Best time to buy a television

hearts8701

Castle
I don't want the hassle of buying a tv on Black Friday someone suggested I wait to buy a new television the last week of December since stores are looking to get rid of the 2017 inventory does anyone know if this is true

If not black Friday, I'd wait until NFL Football playoff time, TV sales are decent heading into the Super Bowl.
I'd keep my eyes open for special weekend sales from all the retailers over the new few months. Costco seemed to have some offers last weekend when I stopped.

I'm in the market as well. I want a smaller one for my son's dorm as a Christmas gift, but don't want to go real cheap. I also want one for our family room, but that one can wait till after the holiday. I hear some of the special deals around this time are made cheaper. I don't want anything that's not decent quality, but don't need top of the line either.

I'm in the same boat I am looking for one tv for my family room I don't want cheap I don't want to break the bank either somewhere inbetween I guess

I'm in the same boat I am looking for one tv for my family room I don't want cheap I don't want to break the bank either somewhere inbetween I guess
I have a Samsung that we have had for years. Paid a bunch for it back when flat screens were fairly new and expensive. It has been a great tv but has started to show signs of the picture getting ready to go. I'm sure I'll get another Samsung. For the boy, I'm looking for a deal. I've read reviews that say Vizio is a good one for his purposes. I'm also going to need a cheap tv stand and maybe a blu ray player.

We are getting ours the week leading up to Black Friday. As a PP said- Costco is already discounting a big chunk of theirs. If retailers have a good Christmas season on electronics- the deals won't be as good during playoff season in a given year- so we aren't going to wait and see. No idea when the 2017s come off the market- but the Consumer Electronics Show is in January- and it is months after that before the new sets will hit the shelves en mass, so it probably isn't December since the big electronics show is the next month.

Not Black Friday. The TV's on special on Black Friday are often custom ordered without features you might expect to keep the price down. It may not have all the imputs you expect, and I think about 5 years ago the Black Friday TV Target advertised came with just a 30 day warranty.

I picked up two 32” Vizio HD Smart TVs at Target last week. They were on sale for $199 + 10% off Cartwheel + 5% RedCard. Came to $175 apiece after taxes. I wasn’t looking for Smart TVs but it seems if you want HD (1080p) that goes hand in hand. We’ve had a Vizio in our Den/Loft for close to seven years and it’s still going strong. I did not want to go with super cheapy Black Friday versions. Did that once with DVD players and had to replace them less than a year later. I’m pretty sure the 10% Cartwheel is good until the 11th.

I picked up two 32” Vizio HD Smart TVs at Target last week. They were on sale for $199 + 10% off Cartwheel + 5% RedCard. Came to $175 apiece after taxes. I wasn’t looking for Smart TVs but it seems if you want HD (1080p) that goes hand in hand. We’ve had a Vizio in our Den/Loft for close to seven years and it’s still going strong. I did not want to go with super cheapy Black Friday versions. Did that once with DVD players and had to replace them less than a year later. I’m pretty sure the 10% Cartwheel is good until the 11th.
I checked out some reviews and the Vizio is a favorite. I did read that at 32 inches, the 1080p isn't really necessary, but I don't know. That was just one guy's opinion.

I checked out some reviews and the Vizio is a favorite. I did read that at 32 inches, the 1080p isn't really necessary, but I don't know. That was just one guy's opinion.
I have a 32” 720 for my workout TV and a 32” 1080 in my bedroom (both Samsungs) and there’s a definitely a quality difference IMO. Plus the 32” 720 TVs were just about the same price.

i dont suggest black Friday TV as most black friday TV are made cheaper than what they are. You can tell as the number of HDMI ports goes down, the specs also go down that people usually wont notice until they bring it back.

There is no wrong time to buy a TV. what i suggest is going over to slickdeals.net, make a alert for TVs and just wait till you find something u like and afford and make that purchase.

We bought our TV on black friday about 6 years ago. It was the same sharp I had my eye on at Best Buy and has plenty of ports (6 HDMI and 2 standard, and I *think* it's a 1080p resolution, but, like I said, I bought it 6 years ago...). Though it wasn't a "doorbuster" it still was about $100 cheaper than it's normal price. I bought it on Best Buy dot com Thanksgiving morning. As stores comes out with their ads, do the research on what they are actually offering. The info was all right there. I agree that the prices that are "to good to be true" probably are (lesser quality) and the stores seem to only carry 1 or 2 in stock.

I used to sell TV's for a few years... There are three great times to buy.

1. BF but you specifically said you didn't want to do this
2. Before the NFL Superbowl (First week of February) (This past Feb I got my 65" Samsung SUHDTV then for about 1000$ less than it should have been)
3. Mid March-April as this is when the 2018 TV's will be hitting the market, marking down the 2017 models.

I'm sort of in the market. I still have a crt in the family room. Anything would be a step up.

February. CES is in the first part of the year when all the new tvs are revealed. February is when most of the older models go clearance. I've seen last years models at 70% off at Target.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter