Best time to arrive for Super Nintendo World Early Access?

dtk07

Mouseketeer
We purchased Early Access tickets for Super Nintendo World. The park opens at 8am so Early Access hour starts at 7am.

My question is what time should we be arriving? Do they start scanning into the park gates before 7am to allow people to filter back into the SNW or is 7am the time be at the main gate?

Side note:Man, does this sound early!!! Hoping to keep my mind on central time zone so it doesn't feel as early.

We went on Monday 5/15 and arrived between 7:45 and 7:30. It took us almost 1/2 hour to get into the park, buy our bands and get to the point they are scanning the early entry pass. It was a lot of people and not the best organized area and it was right at 8:00 when we finally got down to the bottom of the escalators.

When we went, UH opened at 9am and our early entry was for 8am. We got there at 7:30 and got through security pretty quick. We then went into the first shop on the right and got our power bands. I got them loaded on the ride down the escalators and we were inside as they started opening it up to people at 8.

I would advise you to get the power bands the night before at the store in Citywalk if you're able to do so. That way you're not having to deal with the crowds and you can set them up in advance on the app. I would definitely get there by 6:15-6:30 if you're not getting the bands in advance.

Going to UH next month and wasn't aware we needed to purchase a band to experience. Can you point to more info please? Thanks!

Going to UH next month and wasn't aware we needed to purchase a band to experience. Can you point to more info please? Thanks!

Google "Super Nintendo World Power Up Bands" for more info.

They're $40 each. 6 different character designs to choose from. Can be purchased at numerous stores in the park and the main Nintendo store in City Walk. They are also sold out of cool vending machines inside the land itself.

They use RFID to give you special effects inside the land. You need them to play the mini games that lead to the Bowsers Challenge final game (very fun!). They get tapped all over the land, smashing blocks, making special effects appear on walls, in the binoculars, etc. You really won't get the full land experience without them. At home, they function as Amiibos for your Switch, and unlock special items in several games.

They go on like a slap bracelet, but they do tend to fly off. When you purchase, ask for a band keeper. They will provide a silicone sleeve to slip the end of the band into to keep it fastened to your wrist.

Arrive to the front gate 30 minutes before early opening starts.

If you are driving in, aim to be pulling into the parking structure 45 minutes before, or pony up the $70 for Front Gate parking (a real sweet place to park...literally AT the security checkpoint just outside the gates).

How do you buy the early access tickets? I'm looking at hotel/ticket packages for August and I'm not seeing that as an option. Or might they be already sold out?

How do you buy the early access tickets? I'm looking at hotel/ticket packages for August and I'm not seeing that as an option. Or might they be already sold out?

It's a separate ticket on the page where they sell tickets. You have to choose a date on a calendar. Dates will show sold out when they are sold out. I don't think these can be added to packages.

It's a separate ticket on the page where they sell tickets. You have to choose a date on a calendar. Dates will show sold out when they are sold out. I don't think these can be added to packages.
Thanks, I found the link! It's $30 for my day but I think it will be worth it since we're not local and my kiddo will want to do all of the games with the writsband.

Just be aware that the games will take a long time. We were just there June 1st and we had early access.

We bought our power band the night behind and set it up, very easy to do. We arrived at the parking lot at 7:15 and by the time we went through security and entered the land it was 8. We were on the ride by 8:20.

We went back to go on it again and after waiting for a hour (wait time was 50 minutes at this point when we got in line the 2nd time) they made the announcement that the ride had stopped, we left at 9:40 to do the key challenges.

The Koopa challenge was about about 15-20 minutes, it took 20 minutes for the key to show up.

The Piranha plant challenge was an hour wait. Yep an hour. Ugh. It was a little after 11 when we finished this challenge.

The Thwomp challenge took about 15 minutes. And finally we had all 3 keys and could complete the Bowser challenge. It was 12 by then and we were over the crowds.
We spent 4 hours in the land. And while the challenges were fun it took way too long in my opinion. Thankfully it was overcast and around 65.
Hope this helps.

Just be aware that the games will take a long time. We were just there June 1st and we had early access.

We bought our power band the night behind and set it up, very easy to do. We arrived at the parking lot at 7:15 and by the time we went through security and entered the land it was 8. We were on the ride by 8:20.

We went back to go on it again and after waiting for a hour (wait time was 50 minutes at this point when we got in line the 2nd time) they made the announcement that the ride had stopped, we left at 9:40 to do the key challenges.

The Koopa challenge was about about 15-20 minutes, it took 20 minutes for the key to show up.

The Piranha plant challenge was an hour wait. Yep an hour. Ugh. It was a little after 11 when we finished this challenge.

The Thwomp challenge took about 15 minutes. And finally we had all 3 keys and could complete the Bowser challenge. It was 12 by then and we were over the crowds.
We spent 4 hours in the land. And while the challenges were fun it took way too long in my opinion. Thankfully it was overcast and around 65.
Hope this helps.
Wow, that is a long time in the land. Did you happen to try to order food at toadstool cafe? Was it just as long of a line there as the games?

Wow, that is a long time in the land. Did you happen to try to order food at toadstool cafe? Was it just as long of a line there as the games?

Toadstool Cafe requires a reservation. You can't just walk in unless you do so before 9:30am. You can't access the reservation QR code until you enter the land. Last time we went, reservations were gone for the day by 9am.

Even with a reservation, it's typically at least an hour wait to order. Then about 35-45 minute wait to get your food.

Toadstool Cafe requires a reservation. You can't just walk in unless you do so before 9:30am. You can't access the reservation QR code until you enter the land. Last time we went, reservations were gone for the day by 9am.

Even with a reservation, it's typically at least an hour wait to order. Then about 35-45 minute wait to get your food.
Thanks for the info. I hadn’t seen anything about a reservation until yesterday and even that wasn’t much information, so that is helpful to know. What happens when you scan the qr? Does it ask you what time you want to reserve or just give next available time?

I’ve debated on whether or not the early entry is worth it. I’m sure it is, but I travel with 3 people who sleep in. 🤷‍♂️🤣

The one thing we got going for us is we’re on central time and USH will be our first day while in California, so it may work out

Thanks for the info. I hadn’t seen anything about a reservation until yesterday and even that wasn’t much information, so that is helpful to know. What happens when you scan the qr? Does it ask you what time you want to reserve or just give next available time?

I’ve debated on whether or not the early entry is worth it. I’m sure it is, but I travel with 3 people who sleep in. 🤷‍♂️🤣

The one thing we got going for us is we’re on central time and USH will be our first day while in California, so it may work out

When you scan the QR code, you are taken to a page that asks your party size and then shows you available times. It books up fast, at least on weekends. It is a place where you order at a counter and then they bring your food to your table. You will be seated at a specific table by a team member.

The food is good, but it is a significant time suck to eat here.

If you do the early entry, you stand a better chance of getting the time you would like. BUT, it is important to know that a reservation to the Toadstool Cafe will NOT grant you entry to the land again later if you have left. If you get a reservation, you ALSO need to obtain a VQ entry slot that corresponds to your reservation time so you can get back in if you want to leave the land.

They will allow people to walk in without reservations until the first reservations begin at 9:30am. We have walked in twice and eaten dessert for breakfast. We won't return for a lunch or dinner meal until they drop the reservation system for this place. A reservation simply allows you to get in line, but the line is always super long so it isn't worth the amount of time it takes to eat there all the time.

When you scan the QR code, you are taken to a page that asks your party size and then shows you available times. It books up fast, at least on weekends. It is a place where you order at a counter and then they bring your food to your table. You will be seated at a specific table by a team member.

The food is good, but it is a significant time suck to eat here.

If you do the early entry, you stand a better chance of getting the time you would like. BUT, it is important to know that a reservation to the Toadstool Cafe will NOT grant you entry to the land again later if you have left. If you get a reservation, you ALSO need to obtain a VQ entry slot that corresponds to your reservation time so you can get back in if you want to leave the land.

They will allow people to walk in without reservations until the first reservations begin at 9:30am. We have walked in twice and eaten dessert for breakfast. We won't return for a lunch or dinner meal until they drop the reservation system for this place. A reservation simply allows you to get in line, but the line is always super long so it isn't worth the amount of time it takes to eat there all the time.
thank you! I appreciate the knowledge. We’ll be there in a Saturday, so figured it’d be busy! A couple final questions. Are the QR codes displayed and easy to find once in the land or do you kind of have to search for it/go to toadstool cafe,etc?

Also, are we allowed to send one person in to do the order while the rest continue to enjoy the land? Or would everyone have to go in at the same time, if so can the others sit or is everyone waiting in line together?

I’m thinking we’d likely do a 10am reservation (if we’re lucky) as soon as we walk in the land for early entry then and we’d have some time to play before at least one person goes to order.

What a complicated restaurant! Lol. Seems so fun tho.

thank you! I appreciate the knowledge. We’ll be there in a Saturday, so figured it’d be busy! A couple final questions. Are the QR codes displayed and easy to find once in the land or do you kind of have to search for it/go to toadstool cafe,etc?

Also, are we allowed to send one person in to do the order while the rest continue to enjoy the land? Or would everyone have to go in at the same time, if so can the others sit or is everyone waiting in line together?

I’m thinking we’d likely do a 10am reservation (if we’re lucky) as soon as we walk in the land for early entry then and we’d have some time to play before at least one person goes to order.

What a complicated restaurant! Lol. Seems so fun tho.

The QR code is on a sign outside the restaurant. The land is small. It's not an issue to run over to scan the sign.

When you arrive at your time, there will be a line outside before you go in. The inside line area is small, and a team member sends people in in batches. You can be by yourself while waiting in the outdoor portion of the line, but once you get to the team member at the door, your whole party needs to be present to enter. Once you exit the restaurant, there is no way back in so you cannot have the rest of your party join you once you are let in. There is only one way in and the gatekeepers are strict.

We had my husband wait in the outdoor portion (about 30 minutes) while we did a mini game. He texted us when he was at the front of that line so we could join him before it was his turn to go in.

The QR code is on a sign outside the restaurant. The land is small. It's not an issue to run over to scan the sign.

When you arrive at your time, there will be a line outside before you go in. The inside line area is small, and a team member sends people in in batches. You can be by yourself while waiting in the outdoor portion of the line, but once you get to the team member at the door, your whole party needs to be present to enter. Once you exit the restaurant, there is no way back in so you cannot have the rest of your party join you once you are let in. There is only one way in and the gatekeepers are strict.

We had my husband wait in the outdoor portion (about 30 minutes) while we did a mini game. He texted us when he was at the front of that line so we could join him before it was his turn to go in.
Thank you so much! Such helpful information.

Thanks for posting! I had no idea about the bands. What is the store at Citywalk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter