Best time for 43 year old girl solo trip

A couple of choices: Food and Wine Festival or the Christmas holiday time which starts Thanksgiving week.

I would do the Christmas holiday. There are special events like MVMCP and the Candlelight Processional. Decorations are everywhere.

A couple of choices: Food and Wine Festival or the Christmas holiday time which starts Thanksgiving week.

I would do the Christmas holiday. There are special events like MVMCP and the Candlelight Processional. Decorations are everywhere.
Thanks!

I like F&W with Halloween party time and end of April early May for Flower and Garden. Did a super short 2 day trip post Thanksgiving last year to see Christmas decorations and do Christmas party didn’t like it as much.

I've found that I enjoy it more if I go in January or February, the weather is much more moderate and I found I was not nearly so tired wandering around the parks. If you go early in January you might find that the Christmas decorations were still up also which made for a lovely experience. Hope that you have loads of fun whenever you decide to go!

Depends...do you love food? Food and wine festival, fall it is! Do you adore Christmas? Easy peasy..November and December for MVMCP....want low crowds and don’t mind cooler weather? Jan/Feb...love flowers or gardens...March/April...Star Wars obsessed? May! Love hot weather and humidity? Summer! Each month has advantages and disadvantages. Focus on your interests!

I am like you and have soloed in April and during Christmas (school breaks). Both were great. April has flower and garden and slightly more tours and after hours events were available (and it was warmer). Christmas was also amazing, but a few less tours and after hours available (and the weather was cooler one year and very cold last year). For December, I scheduled tours and dessert parties well ahead of time.

I loved going on the tours and and will try a new one a revisit a few I loved when I go Christmas solo this year! I also did a dining event that I quite enjoyed (Highway in the Sky). Everyone I met was amazing!

I have stayed at POP and Caribbean Beach. Loved POP much better. Felt very safe and their bus situation worked much better (CB has a ton of stops, POP has one).

Tours I liked were
Keys to the Kingdom (would do again)
Marceline to Magic Kingdom (will do again)
Ultimate Night of Adventures
Backstage Magic
World Showcase DestiNATIONS

Want to try Undiscovered Future World

I didn’t care for the fireworks dessert party at Magic Kingdom. At all. All of the other dessert parties were much better, but I think most are changing or Seasonal (Frozen, Star Wars, Jingle Bell Jingle Bam).

Restaurants were great. Eat where you are interested. I like table service better than counter personally.

Have fun!!!

I like F&W with Halloween party time and end of April early May for Flower and Garden. Did a super short 2 day trip post Thanksgiving last year to see Christmas decorations and do Christmas party didn’t like it as much.
I think I'd love to do Flower and Garden and I am really leaning toward getting dressed up in costume

I am like you and have soloed in April and during Christmas (school breaks). Both were great. April has flower and garden and slightly more tours and after hours events were available (and it was warmer). Christmas was also amazing, but a few less tours and after hours available (and the weather was cooler one year and very cold last year). For December, I scheduled tours and dessert parties well ahead of time.

I loved going on the tours and and will try a new one a revisit a few I loved when I go Christmas solo this year! I also did a dining event that I quite enjoyed (Highway in the Sky). Everyone I met was amazing!

I have stayed at POP and Caribbean Beach. Loved POP much better. Felt very safe and their bus situation worked much better (CB has a ton of stops, POP has one).

Tours I liked were
Backstage Magic

I didn’t care for the fireworks dessert party at Magic Kingdom. At all. All of the other dessert parties were much better, but I think most are changing or Seasonal (Frozen, Star Wars, Jingle Bell Jingle Bam).

Restaurants were great. Eat where you are interested. I like table service better than counter personally.

Have fun!!!
You had me at Tours I liked :flower1::love:

Depends...do you love food? Food and wine festival, fall it is! Do you adore Christmas? Easy peasy..November and December for MVMCP....want low crowds and don’t mind cooler weather? Jan/Feb...love flowers or gardens...March/April...Star Wars obsessed? May! Love hot weather and humidity? Summer! Each month has advantages and disadvantages. Focus on your interests!
Ummm the Force is Strong with this ONE :yoda:

I'm 56 and doing my second solo trip in 3 weeks (Labor Day week). I did the same week last year. It was plenty hot and I got rained on once walking to the bus from HS, but other than that I enjoyed that week. Food and Wine festival was fun. Never did that in the past because I always had kids with me. Planning on focusing on things like that other than rides so much this trip.

Tours I liked were
Backstage Magic

Have fun!!!
I did Caribbean Beach this January. The resort is super huge and very spread out. Didn’t care for it. POP is great especially if you aren’t going to spend a lot of time at hotel because you’re at the parks. My favorite hotel is AKL.

My least favorite time is summer because of the heat! (Although I have done August in 2017 and 2018). September can be brutal some years also. I love October, Feb, and May, and I will be there solo all 3 times in the next year! (Married to a scuba diver) Food & Wine and Halloween are great, February now has the Arts Fest, and the warm weather away from winter, and May has Flower & Garden while not oppressive heat.

I've done Keys to the Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek. Thinking about Savor the Savannah sometime. Will be offsite in Oct and probably Feb to save $$, treating myself in May for my birthday with a DVC rental. :rolleyes1

I did Caribbean Beach this January. The resort is super huge and very spread out. Didn’t care for it. POP is great especially if you aren’t going to spend a lot of time at hotel because you’re at the parks. My favorite hotel is AKL.
I love AKL and may try January

I really like January and late September if you can hit Food and Wine festival. January is when the marathon weekend takes place, so be aware that the race weekend causes some transportation issues on Sunday as late as 1pm.

Most people can take heat better than I can but I see no reason at all to walk around miserable so I will only go between November and early EARLY March. For me the heat can suck the fun out of ANYTHING especially Disney. I make sure to only go when there are no school holidays and no events like Pop Warner and the marathons. Although I've been several times during Pop and didn't notice much by way of crowd differences. What I HAVE noticed in the last few years is that there is no slow time in the Winter anymore. No matter how diligent I am in my planning, the crowds always seem to be soooo much heavier than they ever were back just 8 or 9 years ago. I went to a Christmas party in 2011, I want to say it was the second night of the parties and I had no idea what to expect since it was my first. I got so spoiled! It was as if the company you work for rented out the park! All rides were walk ons and the cast members were making Christmas tree shaped hop scotch thingys on the walkways and things like that. I remember thinking, "now THIS is how you want to visit the MK!" and from that point on I have used the party night as my ONLY day at MK. Of course as time and corporate greed have gone on, those days are gone and no matter when I book my party night, it's always extremely overcrowded and you can tell no difference at all in the party and a regular day crowd. Also, they stopped giving you fresh baked snikerdoodle cookies and now you get a bunch of different pre wrapped gross cookies and the lines for cookies have become a "thing" themselves because people go and collect the ones they like and take them home since they are wrapped. Back when they were fresh, you might go twice in one night for a cookie just because they were free, but there were no lines to speak of because no one was trying to stockpile cookies, you were eating them. Ugh, I just got lost on my rant....sorry. lol Anyway, Winter...go in Winter.:laughing:

Im your age, and i do a solo trip every year. I always go in the fall (end of Oct/early Nov) for Food & Wine. ITS THE BEST! I love the food, and the weather during that time is gorgeous. I highly recommend it.

Im your age, and i do a solo trip every year. I always go in the fall (end of Oct/early Nov) for Food & Wine. ITS THE BEST! I love the food, and the weather during that time is gorgeous. I highly recommend it.
They should just change the name to Merry Solo People Gather. Simpler. To the point. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!