Best Surfing Lessons

soft_spell

Earning My Ears
Coming to California (going to Disney) in Dec, I would like to take some surfing lessons. Where is the best place to do so?
thanks
_m

Hello,

Surfing in December will be in pretty cold water. Anyhow UCLA has a great program to take all sorts of aquatic lessons. since this is my first post I could not post the link. Do a search for UCLA Marine Aquatic Center

if you will be here for only a few days, then this is not your best bet. However they may be able to point you to another place.

Have fun,

Marc

My kids took surf lessons last summer from Surf LA. They had a ball. It was a very upbeat, positive couple hours. We took the lessons at Santa Monica Beach by the Santa Monica Pier. They include wetsuits and the board and some great instruction. I cant remember the exact price but I think it was about $200 for both kids (not each) and it was just the two of them and the instructor, not a big group. I think the lessons were about 2 hours long. It was great. They only took one lesson, which probably wasn't enough to really SURF, but they can both stand up on the board and go a few feet. We plan on doing more lessons this summer.

Here is their phone number: 310-663-2479

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter