Best Studio

Dan Serson

Earning My Ears
Any opinions on which resort would have the best studio rooms, looking at 2 adults and 2 kids 8 and 5.. we mainly use the room for sleeping but are looking into the option of renting points to stay.. previously we have stay in regular rooms at animal kingdom, POR, and Pop .. We usually visit all theme parks twice without hopper and plan on staying 10 days.

Thanks

Any studio is going to be a tight fit for 4 people. I guess I'd have to go with OKW, as they're the only studios with two actual (queen) beds. The rest have either a queen and a sofa bed, or a queen, sofa bed and pull-down single bed. There's really not any room to walk around once the beds are open. And BLT is, I believe, the smallest of the studios, so I wouldn't recommend that one.

To be honest, with 2 adults and 2 kids, a studio wouldn't be my choice for a 10-day stay. I'd probably choose a moderate.

We are a family of 4 kids ages 7 and 11 and we've stayed BWV, Poly, VGF, and AK studios. We all prefer BWV or VGF. My 11 year old sleeps on pullout and 7 year old on the small pull down under tv and it seems to be plenty of space.

We've stayed at OKW and BWV and I preferred BWV. The resort itself was so much nicer and the rooms felt bigger (not sure if that's the case) and in better condition. OKW did have 2 queen beds whereas BWV had a queen, a pull out couch and a pull down murphy bed. We are a family of 5 (we went to OKW as just adults) and felt totally comfortable in our room at BWV. The sofa bed was much nicer than I anticipated (and MUCH nicer than the sofa bed my kids had to sleep on at the airport hotel in Columbus, OH).

We stayed at the Beach Club last January in a studio. My kids at the time were 9 and 7 and like you we basically used the room to sleep and shower. One thing I liked about the studio at the Beach Club is that it had a queen bed, pull out couch and a bunk that pulled down from under the TV. That way neither one of us had to share a bed with the kids (my kids are wild sleepers).

We have stayed in all the dvc studios, usually as part of a larger 2 bedroom lock off. Poly has the best studios, hands down. They are larger, have 2 bathrooms (only 1 toilet), wonderful location, great dining options and 3 separate sleeping spaces.

I would recommend renting points to stay in a poly studio to make it more affordable. Book early though, as they are extremely popular with dvc members who recognize their greatness:)

I prefer BWV. Not much storage though. Poly is nice too with the two showers.

Up it to a 1 bedroom if you can.

We are DVC for 14 years and have stayed everywhere studios and one bedrooms DH, myself and DSs now age 11 and 17. Although it is great to stay in a one bedroom (really great) you will be fine in a studio. I would choose Poly for the two bathrooms which eases getting ready in the morning . Be prepared for the lack of storage for 4 people! we bring two hanging shelves for the closet and utilize the deep drawers in the bathroom. Good luck!

In terms of rooms: Poly, VGF, BRV, BWV and BCV studios all sleep 5 ...which means they have the additional Murphy bed that would allow each child their own bed.
Poly and VGF have a split bathroom with separate tub/shower and shower only. (Poly gets you an extra sink)

We are huge fans of the Poly studio. We have found there is plenty of storage space if you utilize the the coffee table which opens up and holds a huge amount. There are 2 large drawers under the queen sized bed. Suitcases fit well under the foot of the bed.

We've stayed in Kidani, BWV, and OKW with 4 people in a studio and they were just fine for us! BLT is definitely smaller. That's the only one I wouldn't stay in with 4 people.

Think my vote would be for the Poly IF you are doing a studio. The 2 bathrooms will be a benefit and it is a beautiful resort, so convenient to TTC!

If I were renting points I would pick BWV standard room ( I am frugal). The location would be EPCOT and the price would be half of Poly ( It requires almost half the points).

The Standard Studio at BWV to me is the best value in all of DVC. But it is hard to get even at the 11 month window.

One of the things to consider is how much you are looking at spending and when you are going? Renting DVC points for 10 days. I would also look online at how the DVC rooms are set up. Your children are young so I don't think a studio is going to be a problem. We are DVC and do 4 adults in a studio every time. We also are basically there to sleep and we do 2 weeks at a time.

Something that you may not be aware of: DVC owners can only book 7 nights when they book their home resort at 11 months or a non-home resort at 7 months. If you go through an agency, you will be at a huge disadvantage when trying to book a hard-to-get studio, like BWV Std. View. Agencies won’t ask an owner to secure the first seven nights and then add on two more. They will wait until an owner can book all 9 nights. And by that time, it may be too late to get that studio.

My preference for a young family would be a monorail resort. BLT studios are small but it’s the only DVC where you can walk to MK. Poly wins for its proximity to the TTC (walk there then catch the monorail to Epcot). VGF is great because...it’s the GF!...plus the splash n play area is a lot of fun. There’s also CCV and BRV (at WL). Not on the monorail but the WL lobby is impressive and the pools are outstanding.

As stated, these are the studios that have a Murphy bed: Poly, VGF, BRV, BWV and BCV . The Poly has a great layout and more space than an average studio [or has a layout that makes it feel that way. ] OKW is also an option b/c it has 2 beds if your kids dont mind to sleep together. After staying in most of these (DVC Member) id pick in this order: POLY, BW, BC, OKW or VGF (so expensive). i will add that reservations at BW and BC can be hard to come by.....

Thanks everyone, alot of great info on this thread.. the reasoning behind the possibly of a studio is to be at a deluxe with more food options and possibly food options within walking distance as well as with renting points the prices that are usually better than booking a standard room even at the moderates... we've stayed at standard room at POR Riverside and french quarter, animal kingdom and pop..are studios smaller than that? My kids don't mind sleeping together or separate either...

Thanks all.

Studios at all but BLT are bigger than the rooms you mention. I think studios rooms at deluxes other than BLT are same square feet as regular rooms.

Thanks everyone, alot of great info on this thread.. the reasoning behind the possibly of a studio is to be at a deluxe with more food options and possibly food options within walking distance as well as with renting points the prices that are usually better than booking a standard room even at the moderates... we've stayed at standard room at POR Riverside and french quarter, animal kingdom and pop..are studios smaller than that? My kids don't mind sleeping together or separate either...

Thanks all.
You won't get a food court at any of the deluxe resorts like you have at mods or value resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!