Best shoes to wear in the rain?

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
Anyone have good tips?

I would probably prefer a sandal, with heel support/strap, but also good traction. I'm a total klutz so tend to slip and slide on wet concrete or tiles.

I've had a pair of Sketchers "fisherman" style sandals for several years and they're my go to shoes for Disney in the rain. Very comfortable, able to get wet but don't hold water to make squishy, dry easily and most importantly easily stay on my feet.

I haven't seen in Sketchers brand anytime recently (which I really like because they have a full heel to slide into not just a strap around back) but have seen similar in Clarks and of course Keens.

Last edited:

I'll add them to my list of ones to try! I like flip flops but tend to accidentally kick my foot too much and walk out of them!

I have Olukai Ohana sandals, kind of on recommendation from another person who wears them at Disney. I was *very* skeptical, but they so far are living up to the hype. I've been wearing them on long walks and they're A+.

I also have these in a few colors and they will probably fit a lot of your criteria:
https://www.amazon.com/Teva-Womens-Tirra-Athletic-Sandal/dp/B0055X2U3W

Our first trip was during a hurricane last year & most of DS & MK flooded. Despite rain gear we were completely soaked. Wetter than a shower soaked. Most rides were shut down during our visit due to weather. So I can 100% recommend the waterproof keen sandals I wore. Socks help with the slipping (I'm klutzy too.) I waded through calf high puddles (mini-lakes?) and they were consistently submerged without taking any damage or smelling weird after. :)

I have a pair of Teva sandals (I think these http://a.co/5HA6vDp ) and this will be my 6th summer in them and 4th time in the parks. I live in them every summer and even wear them on some hikes. They dry quickly and are so comfortable.

As unattractive as they are, Crocs are my go-to shoe when I know I'll be getting wet at a park. They don't absorb water, are somewhat supportive and dry quickly. I have a pair of black Mary-Jane style ones that honestly only wear at WDW, lol!

My son and I have Natives in a low converse type style. They are made of plastic, I think. Fit like a slip on, lots of circulation and support, and no worry about tripping or being slippery on wet surfaces. And super comfy - I wear them all summer now.

My husband was too cool for them, and then regretted his coolness all vacation last year and DS and I marched through puddles without a care, and had bone dry shows by the next morning.

These are all so awesome! I've been able to find most on Amazon and added to a (hidden) disneyworld packing list. A lot have free returns, so I can probably order a bunch, try them on, and keep the best ones!

I am a huge Teva advocate, but I bought 2 pairs this summer and both seem to give me blisters on long walks (testing for DisneyWorld).

I am thinking of taking some FitKicks (water/beach shoes) in my purse in case it rains. They are like walking barefoot, but with nice flexible rubber sole with minimal foam padding. Both shoes should be under 1/2" thick when packed in my purse (very slim).

I wish my tevas were blisterfree like my older ones, but i don't want any blisters ruining my day in a park. Will wear super cushioned runners and will switch to FitKicks at the first sight of rain.

Plastic bag for carrying shoes during rain can transform into bag for wet poncho after I switch back to normal shoes once things dry up a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!