• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best resort with 3 sleeping options?

Sandy55

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm just starting to plan my family's next trip to Disney for next year. We have unusual needs in terms of sleeping arrangements. It will be just me, my husband and teen-age son this trip. Problem is my husband must have his own bed because of a sleep disorder where he kicks and flails his arms during the night (it's actually dangerous because he doesn't know he's doing it.) And since my teen-age son and I don't want to share a bed we are looking for the most economical option with three "beds". A pull-out sofa is one choice and I know these are available at the Poly. Where else are these available and does anyone know of any other good options? I did look at some of the villas but it looks like the way they are set up we would need a 2 bedroom, which is very pricey. Thanks!

Any of the deluxe resorts will have a day bed in addition to two queen sized beds. Another option is the Wilderness Lodge with a bunk bed set up. And a third option would be to book two value rooms that are connecting. That option would give you more space for less than one deluxe if you don't have your heart set on a specific resort.

We are a family of 4: me, husband, & 2 sons who prefer to sleep separately. We like Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou section w/new pull down bed option. It's sturdy enough for either me or my youngest son (10 years old) to sleep on. Also fairly comfortable. We also like Yacht Club room w/day bed option.

I doubt that a teenage boy would be at all comfortable in the murphy bed in the AB rooms at POR.

As well as any of the deluxe resorts or the cabins at Ft. Wilderness, you could also look at the family suites at AsMu. The AoA suites are almost as expensive as the deluxe rooms.

Hi! I'm just starting to plan my family's next trip to Disney for next year. We have unusual needs in terms of sleeping arrangements. It will be just me, my husband and teen-age son this trip. Problem is my husband must have his own bed because of a sleep disorder where he kicks and flails his arms during the night (it's actually dangerous because he doesn't know he's doing it.) And since my teen-age son and I don't want to share a bed we are looking for the most economical option with three "beds". A pull-out sofa is one choice and I know these are available at the Poly. Where else are these available and does anyone know of any other good options? I did look at some of the villas but it looks like the way they are set up we would need a 2 bedroom, which is very pricey. Thanks!

Check out a Contemporary Resort Wing room. That would be in the connected building, not the main tower (and not in Bay Lake Tower). It should have two queen sized beds and a day bed. These usually run a bit less than the tower rooms and some of the other deluxe resorts.

How about you take along an air mattress for your son to sleep on? You could then stay wherever you wish!

We have this same problem when taking a girls trip, we're all adults & no one wants to share a bed.

While the above are great ideas just be aware that they daybed is NOT guaranteed at all deluxes. For example BC & BW rooms do not all have them, you can request one but they go to families of 5 first. AKL & WL do not have the daybed option, but they do offer bunk beds which would be an option for you.

As far as villas, there are some that a 1BR would work because they offer the sleeper chair. AKL (non-value), Kidani, BLT & some OKW do offer the sleeper chair.

If going Deluxe we've found only Poly to work for us. Those rooms are the largest on property & all have the daybed, and it's a nice size daybed. You mentioned Poly has the sleeper sofa, its not a sofa bed, it's a daybed, you can only fit 1 person on it.

The pull-down bed in AB of POR is only meant for a child, they are not even a twin mattress on them, keep that in mind.

There are also the cabins which have 4 "beds" and a Jr Suite at CSR which has 3.

Good luck whatever you decide!

How about you take along an air mattress for your son to sleep on? You could then stay wherever you wish!

Great idea! I've bought inexpensive mattresses for family trips to Gulf Shores, and I've left the mattress in the condo for the use of future guests. It leaves room in the suitcase for all the souvenirs the kids bring back home. :)

At Disney, you could post on this board that you have it, and if there is anyone who could use it on the day you leave, you could leave it at bell services for them.

While the above are great ideas just be aware that they daybed is NOT guaranteed at all deluxes. For example BC & BW rooms do not all have them, you can request one but they go to families of 5 first. AKL & WL do not have the daybed option, but they do offer bunk beds which would be an option for you.

If going Deluxe we've found only Poly to work for us. Those rooms are the largest on property & all have the daybed, and it's a nice size daybed. You mentioned Poly has the sleeper sofa, its not a sofa bed, it's a daybed, you can only fit 1 person on it.

This is correct. Just wanted to add that not all YC rooms have a daybed either. The Poly and CR would be a guarantee as those are the only deluxes where all rooms come with a daybed. At the GF, most rooms come with them, but there are some that do not (not many are without a daybed, but there are a few).

This is exactly what I was thinking of doing (we also need 3 beds - 2 teenagers who won't share a bed). In the past we have always stayed at a deluxe resort for the daybed option but can't afford it this time.

My question is: is there enough space for an air mattress in a Port Orleans resort room?

Thanks

We are a family of 5 and we ALWAYS stay at the YC. But we all like to spread out when we sleep. I have 3 boys ages 12, 12, and 13. They are almost the size of an adult. I take 2 twin size air mattresses for us. It works great, just prop them against the wall during the day. We have also stayed at POR with an air mattress. I think staying at any moderate with an air mattress would be fine. But really, you can have a air mattress at any resort.

Also, AOA family suite. Sofa bed, murphy bed, and queen bed. This will also give you 2 bathrooms, a fridge and microwave and the murphy bed folds back to a table.

My question is: is there enough space for an air mattress in a Port Orleans resort room?

Thanks

not sure - with queen beds added - but you might be able to place a twin at the foot of the beds - just make sure no one needs to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night...

that say CBR - has the biggest rooms of all the moderates - it would definitely have the room. problem is the CBR still has the double beds - not the queen like the other moderate resorts.

Bunk bed room at WL or FW cabin are 2 choices. At FW, you would have a bedroom with a full bed and bunk beds and there's a Murphy bed in the living room. You would also have a kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter