Best Resort to See Fireworks From

outstandinfarmer

<font color=navy>I am not a farmer, but I do live
What is the best resort to see fireworks from your bedroom?
What is the best resort to see the fireworks on the property of the hotel and where is that?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

If you are refering to the Magic kingdom fireworks, I would say any of the monorail resorts. #1 would be Polynesian in my opinion.

From the upper floors of the garden view side of the YC, you can see the MK fireworks. From the lagoon side of the YC and BC, you can see Illuminations (the Epcot fireworks).

Pretty much the ONLY way to get a fireworks view guaranteed from your room is to book lagoon view concierge at the Polynesian.

There are fireworks view rooms at many of the resorts, but you aren't guaranteed of getting one of those rooms.

At the GF, some lagoon view rooms in Conch Key, Boca Chica, and Big Pine have wonderful fireworks views. But there is no guarantee of getting a room in those buildings, let alone one with a fireworks view.

At teh Polynesian, most of the lagoon view rooms have a firworks view, but not all. And again, you are not guaranteed of getting one of those rooms (unless as I said above, you booked concierge lagoon view).

At the Contemporary, about half the tower rooms have a MK view. The others look out over Bay Lake. There is no guarantee of getting a room facing the MK. Some of the garden Wing rooms also have a view, but not many, and in quite a few that do, the view is obstructed.

I have heard there are a very few rooms at the WL with a fireworks view, I don't know anything more. And again, it's certainly not guranteed.

You can seea little of Illuminations from some of the upper floor rooms at the AKL, I think probably the rooms in the very high 54's might have a view, but it's limited. You can also see it from the balcony area by the elevators on the 6th floor.

I've heard that a few rooms at Pop Century and the CBR might have limited Illuminations views, I don't know for sure.

At the BWI, there are some garden view rooms with Illuminations views, again, nothing is guaranteed.

At the BCV, again, there are some villas with Illuminations views, nothing is guaranteed, and these are very hard to get. (I've tried on three stays and not succeeded.)

The standard view villas overlooking Port Cochere at the BWV have limited Illuminations views.

There are a few waterview rooms at the YC and the BC that have Illuminations views, again, this is a request only.

As far as restuarants with fireworks views, the California Grill, O'Hana, Narcooses (has the best view of WISHES IMHO), Rose and Crown outdoors, the Cantina. There is extremely limited Illuminations views from some seats in Bistro de Paris, and a small handfull of tables at Citrico's have limited WISHES views.

Public places you can view fireworks from without going into a park if you aren't a guest of a particular resort would be along the path between the Polynesian and the GF, near the wedding chapel (NOT on the Polynesian beach, unless you are staying at the polynesian), and on the bridge walkway between the BWI and the BC for a view of Illuminations.

Hope this helps.

Anne

The Contemporary Tower offers the best views of the MK fireworks. From the Bay lake side, you can watch illuminations, Fantasmic, and Pleasure Island Fireworks.

Originally posted by Demosthenes
The Contemporary Tower offers the best views of the MK fireworks. From the Bay lake side, you can watch illuminations, Fantasmic, and Pleasure Island Fireworks.

I disagree. I've seen WISHES from the CR several times, it's not as good as it is viewed head on. The Hawaii building at the Polynesian is the only one to offer that view.

Anne

I like Wishes better from the Polynesian, too. A straight on view centers the fireworks so beautifully around the castle.

However, I think the views from Tahiti are just as good.

Also if you book lagoon view at the Polynesian, you are guaranteed lagoon view in the same manner that you are if you book lagoon view concierge.

And at the Polynesian, no matter where your room is, it's a short and pleasant walk to one of the three beaches to watch Wishes.

You can also see the fireworks from the GF Marina. Gasparilla's is located right there too so you can sit and have ice cream or something while you're watching. Also you can request (no guarantee but they try) a MK view lagoon view room at GF.

We had a wonderful view from our north wing CR room! Our dd was 2.5 at the time and to young to stay up that late. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to curl up in my jammies & watch my own private show from our room!!

Everyone has their opinion, but this was truely magical for me!!
:cloud9:

(We were on the 2nd floor, about 1/2 way down.)

We loved watching the firework at the MK from our balcony on the 7th floor of the CR. True, we had a "side angle view" but it was intresting to see how far back from the castle the fireworks were shot off. It gave us a different prespective. It was wonderful laying in our beds at night, hearing the park music and watching the fireworks!! It just doesn't get much more magical than that!!

The beach at the Polynesian looks directly out at the castle, so offers a pretty good view of the fireworks. Still not anywhere near as good as being at the MK though.

from a room at the Dolphin with a great view of Epcot is awesome! It was great to watch from our balcony especially our first night at WDW and after a long drive.

Originally posted by ducklite
The Hawaii building at the Polynesian is the only one to offer that view.

Anne
I disagree. IMHO the view from Tahiti at The Polynesian is just as good, if not better (which it is in my opinion) than the view offered from Hawaii. The beach at Tahiti is also much more secluded and quiet than the beach outside of Hawaii.

Frances.

I would say Lagoon View rooms at the Floridian, Polynesian & Contemporary for the Magic Kingdom. I had a great view (see pic below) from the Wilderness Lodge.

56027936.jpg

I watched the MK fireworks one night from a hallway window at the WL. Top floor about half way down the hall from the lobby.

My favorite place in WDW to watch fireworks from MK is at the GF marina area. LOVE IT!!!
Our rooms have had views (but not from the lodge concierge area). Even when our rooms have had views of the fireworks we have gone out to the marina to watch with others - I don't know why but I like being out with everyone else to enjoy the fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter