• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best resort for waterpark only visit

ruadisneyfan2

DIS Veteran
So we have A LOT (approx 14) of waterpark visits still on our account leftover from old non-expiring tickets. We also have a lot of SWA points and a Companion pass until next March. So without having to buy tickets or flights, we thought we'd pop down for a few weekends this summer for a quickie Sat night stay and use up some waterpark days while ME is still included. We usually stay at BC/YC for its awesome pool but we'd like to try a value resort just to keep costs down. We were just there in March for a week and I'm not really in the "need" for a Disney vacation. I just thought it would jazz up our summer a little. The last time we stayed in a value was 2001, shortly after 9/11 for a $49/nt special. Pop wasn't even built yet.

So first, isn't there a certain value resort bus that goes non-stop to Typhoon Lagoon? We visited BB in March and we uber'd there and took the bus back but connected at AK. It wasn't that bad but obviously if one resort has no transfers, we'd prefer that.
Also, it used to be you had to pay $10/day for a fridge. Is there still a fee? or do all rooms have one?
Finally, do value resorts have a coffeemaker? It's not a dealbreaker but I need coffee as soon as I open my eyes. I could bring a little travel unit if necessary but I'd rather not if I don't have to.
I am currently looking at Pop or ASMovies. We rode the heck out of the Skyliner in March and it doesn't go to any waterparks so that is not a perk for us right now. Do they still have one stop outside the lobby for the whole resort?

Am I missing anything? Any tips about things I haven't considered?
I appreciate your help.
:goodvibes

Last edited:
Typhoon Lagoon is not open and to my knowledge does not have a reopening date yet.

There is no charge for fridges at the Value resorts and yes there are coffee makers. Both Pop and Movies only have the one bus area outside the main lobby buildings. The advantage to Pop is you can walk to/ from Art of Animation for their buses as well ( like if their bus come first at the depot you can catch that one instead of waiting for Pop). I don’t believe any bus has direct service to the water parks.

edit: learn something new everyday. Glad others know about the direct bus from Movies and Coronado!

Last edited:

Also, it used to be you had to pay $10/day for a fridge. Is there still a fee? or do all rooms have one?
Finally, do value resorts have a coffeemaker? It's not a dealbreaker but I need coffee as soon as I open my eyes. I could bring a little travel unit if necessary but I'd rather not if I don't have to.
All value resorts have a mini fridge in the room. And the remodeled rooms also have a coffee maker -- that includes Movies and Pop.

Keep in mind that the mini fridges in the rooms aren't really refrigerators. They are officially "beverage coolers" or something like that because they don't keep food below 40 degrees. Before I knew this, I had milk and leftovers that spoiled due to the temperature not being low enough. Seems ridiculous in my opinion and I have no idea why they can't keep food cold enough to avoid spoiling - does anyone really need a "beverage cooler"???

Keep in mind that the mini fridges in the rooms aren't really refrigerators. They are officially "beverage coolers" or something like that because they don't keep food below 40 degrees. Before I knew this, I had milk and leftovers that spoiled due to the temperature not being low enough. Seems ridiculous in my opinion and I have no idea why they can't keep food cold enough to avoid spoiling - does anyone really need a "beverage cooler"???
I know what you mean. Disney ships used to have those as well. It was just enough to make a drink palatable. It was never a big issue though because room service on a cruise is included with cruise fare. :cloud9: So no need to hold onto a container of milk when you can simply call for a fresh one any time.
I take probiotics that are shipped cold with a super duper disposable, reusable freezer pack. I save them and use them for travel and toss them before flying home. So i could always put one of those in the fridge to help it out. It would easily stay frozen for a 2 hour flight and all of that day as well and would start getting soft by morning.

I usually pack the large ziploc bags to make extra ice bags to place in those mini-frigerators. I make sure I double bag them and they are closed so they don’t leak . I have noticed guests filling styrofoam ice coolers from the ice machines so plan on getting to the machine before them.

This news came on Saturday, more lifeguards being hired. Sounds good for TL possibly opening sometime this summer.
I sure hope so. TL is our favorite, great atmosphere and that laid back vibe that we don't feel at BB. BB is still a nice wp but just feels like something is missing.

I hope hiring is better in FL than in NJ. Up here, some businesses have recently closed because they can't hire enough help.

This news came on Saturday, more lifeguards being hired. Sounds good for TL possibly opening sometime this summer.
Ooooooooh! We have an August trip and I would really love to do TL as we have never been. Thank you for the first "real" news I've seen on this front.

The housekeeping part has me super excited too. I'd love to have the bed made again! Though realistically it is probably still going to be reduced housekeeping and they are just hiring for the resorts that are opening up this summer (boardwalk, wildnerness, poly etc.)

Ooooooooh! We have an August trip and I would really love to do TL as we have never been. Thank you for the first "real" news I've seen on this front.

The housekeeping part has me super excited too. I'd love to have the bed made again! Though realistically it is probably still going to be reduced housekeeping and they are just hiring for the resorts that are opening up this summer (boardwalk, wildnerness, poly etc.)
Fingers crossed for you. Looks good 🌞

And there just might be more pleasant surprises by the time you go. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter