Best resort for a little girl who loves princesses?

Kelilkam30

Earning My Ears
We are doing a family trip to Disney next year for 6 adults and 2 kids (will be 4.5 and 1). We will need 3 rooms.

The 4.5 year old girl loves the Disney princesses, is there a specific resort has Princess decor?

We were thinking Port Orleans for the princess headboards, but I read that they allow dogs and my father is VERY allergic. Any suggestions for resorts that do not allow pet dogs? Or do you think the dogs would not be an issue?

There is no budget, we just want the best family experience!

I have no comment on the dog situation but the Port Orleans royal rooms are wonderful for kids that love princesses. My daughters (ages 5 and 2 at the time) thought the headboards were fantastic!

We are doing a family trip to Disney next year for 6 adults and 2 kids (will be 4.5 and 1). We will need 3 rooms.

The 4.5 year old girl loves the Disney princesses, is there a specific resort has Princess decor?

We were thinking Port Orleans for the princess headboards, but I read that they allow dogs and my father is VERY allergic. Any suggestions for resorts that do not allow pet dogs? Or do you think the dogs would not be an issue?

I agree with you on POR - the royal rooms are awesome, the details are amazing. We have stayed and my girls are older and they loved it, ages 8 and 10 when we were there. There are so many cool details. I can't make a blanket statement on the dog lodging since I haven't had a ton of stays since dogs were allowed but while we were there we never saw a dog. Our trip was 5 days, 4 nights. We were also there again this past spring for 2 days and never saw a dog at POR. If allergies are a concern, I would call WDW and see what they say. I'm sure it's a concern for many guests and TBH there are likely a lot of guests that arrive at disney and have no clue dogs are even allowed in the rooms. So in that instance I would presume they would have to switch rooms to accommodate a guest with allergy issues. I would give a call first and see what they say. If you don't like their answer, I would pick a non pet friendly resort. For kids that age I would give the Little Mermaid AOA rooms a try, they are super cute.

There are loads of princesses all over Disney property so you might not limit yourself to a resort because of it. I agree GF is great if the budget allows. As far as dogs, service dogs have always been allowed on property so there has always been a possibility of running into one or staying in a room where one has been. I'd just make note on the reservation that you have a person with allergies and need the room special cleaned before arrival, otherwise there isn't much you can do about it.

Bay Lake Tower villas might be nice, since they could accommodate more people and are just a short walk away from MK with some jaw-dropping views of Cinderella castle and MK.

my daughter is older and she was still pretty excited for when the princess and prince did the promenade in the GF lobby. My family loves the hotel, I ould do without the price tag!

We met Cinderella and Tiana in the lobby of Port Orleans Riverside. It was a fun meet and greet. :)

The dog trial expires in October and I haven't heard any word on whether or not Disney plans to continue it.

The Art of Animation has a Little Mermaid section. I'd check out the themes at the AofA and see if that works with the budget if Port Orleans Riverside and the princess rooms are not a good fit.

~NM

My 4 y/o daughter and I love the castle and so last year for her first time to Disney we booked a theme park view at the Contemporary. I have to be honest... I did not find the castle view spectacular. Astro Orbiter is closer/easier to see, the castle ends up looking very small (especially to an excited child.) So I would actually not recommend a theme park view from the Contemporary for a princess-loving little one!

Our DD's loved POR royal room, plus it's a great resort and it is a lot easier on the budget then the deluxes. Now, if $$$ is no object then we also loved GF, when we were there they had the Princess Promenade, which is great if they still have it.:)

Port Orleans Riverside would be a great choice! The Royal Rooms are decked out in princesses and are super pretty! My then 7 year old thought is was awesome. princess:

Our DD's loved POR royal room, plus it's a great resort and it is a lot easier on the budget then the deluxes. Now, if $$$ is no object then we also loved GF, when we were there they had the Princess Promenade, which is great if they still have it.:)

As far as I can tell, the Princess Promenade is still happening at the GF at 3:30. At least that is what we are hoping for our May visit. It's for kids 3-12 and you do not have to be guests of the GF to participate.

The most princess-themed resorts, POR (Royal Rooms) and AoA (Mermaid Rooms), both currently allow pet dogs. If this is still the case at the time of your trip next year, I'd avoid these and forgo the princess theming so that your father can be comfortable. If these resorts no longer have pet dogs by then, and have been cleaned extra thoroughly to remove all dander residue, either could work. While it is true that service dogs have always been allowed, there has been a significant increase in the number of dogs on property lately (including the theme parks), since pets are allowed at some resorts. Even if you stay in a resort that is not princess-themed, you could still visit the princesses at the parks and at some of the character meals.

If allergies are a concern you can request a VIP cleaning which do they for people with allergies.
https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...p-cleaning-done-resorts-entail-thanks-314123/

Also the POR Royal Rooms and AoA Little Mermaid are good choices. Take a look and see what you like.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/royal-rooms-port-orleans-riverside-review/
http://www.disneytouristblog.com/little-mermaid-room-review/

I've requested the VIP cleaning on several stays at various WDW hotels, including POR and others. Unfortunately I have found that often it did not get done, even when requested well in advance. Sometimes even after I'd requested a VIP cleaning, I'd arrive and find that the room looked like it hadn't had even a standard cleaning, let alone a thorough one.

Don't forget that there is a "princess promenade" at the Grand Floridian where Cinderella and Prince Charming come down the stairway. You don't have to be staying there to watch the ceremony.

I've requested the VIP cleaning on several stays at various WDW hotels, including POR and others. Unfortunately I have found that often it did not get done, even when requested well in advance. Sometimes even after I'd requested a VIP cleaning, I'd arrive and find that the room looked like it hadn't had even a standard cleaning, let alone a thorough one.

Wow, that's terrible. We've requested one whenever our niece is with us, which has been 5 times now. All 5 at CBR. They've done it, and done it well, every time. We've always had to wait a couple extra hours to get in the room which is definitely worth it. I'm sorry you've had issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter