Best place to celebrate 2nd birthday

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I’m starting to plan for my baby’s 2nd birthday trip and trying to decide where would be best to celebrate on the actual day. My parents will be joining us and are on the fence if they want to actually go into the parks so I think the safe option would be to book something outside of the parks. But not sure which to pick. Anyone have a birthday dinner at one of the hotels for their baby they’d recommend?

On our other trip we went to yachtsman steakhouse and the food wasn’t good. Ohana was good, but my parents are bit of health nuts so I’m not sure they’d eat much there.

Also would love to celebrate inside the park a different day, which restaurant would you suggest for that? We plan to go into all 4 parks.

It would depend on what type of atmosphere your baby does best in. My immediate thoughts were Cali Grill (even at a young age, my DS enjoyed the view there), Citricos (best signature on property IMHO) or Topolino's. Capa at Fours Seasons also gets incredible reviews. In DS, I would consider the Boathouse - good food, fun atmosphere.

In the parks, again, what type of atmosphere are you looking for? For character meals, we really enjoy Tusker House. If you want something more upscale, I would try Hollywood Brown Derby.

It would depend on what type of atmosphere your baby does best in. My immediate thoughts were Cali Grill (even at a young age, my DS enjoyed the view there), Citricos (best signature on property IMHO) or Topolino's. Capa at Fours Seasons also gets incredible reviews. In DS, I would consider the Boathouse - good food, fun atmosphere.

In the parks, again, what type of atmosphere are you looking for? For character meals, we really enjoy Tusker House. If you want something more upscale, I would try Hollywood Brown Derby.
She does great in any restaurant. Really chill baby as long as we are giving her food lol. And she likes fancy food, her favorite is lobster so any menu is good too. I’d consider California grill but they have the set menu and that’s just way too much for her to eat

She does great in any restaurant. Really chill baby as long as we are giving her food lol. And she likes fancy food, her favorite is lobster so any menu is good too. I’d consider California grill but they have the set menu and that’s just way too much for her to eat

Aw! She sounds adorable! I would go to the Boathouse - the food is so good and they have lobster! Maybe even consider an amphicar ride after your meal? You could also consider Narcoosees if it reopens by then, though we really prefer the food at the Boathouse.

Aw! She sounds adorable! I would go to the Boathouse - the food is so good and they have lobster! Maybe even consider an amphicar ride after your meal? You could also consider Narcoosees if it reopens by then, though we really prefer the food at the Boathouse.
That’s a great idea! I totally forgot about the Disney springs restaurants. Are toddlers allowed in the amphicar? She’d probably find that fun to do. Her birthday is in November, I’m not sure when Narcoossee opens

We did Boathouse for his 1st birthday and the food was delicious as always but it wasn't "special" - I think they brought a cupcake out for him but that was about it. Felt the same as dining there on a normal day, really, but he was 1 and didn't care anyways. We did cake at the hotel prior due to potential mess.

I wanted more for his 2nd, since he had more of an idea that something was going on and now had favorite Disney characters, so we did Topolino's. It was great! We did the cake there at the restaurant this time.

Haven't decided on 3rd birthday yet, but leaning towards Topolino's again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter