Best Park for Independence Day

Hippychickali

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon during the July 4th week. We are not interested in any of the Independence Day festivities and would like to avoid them if possible. I was wondering if anyone could speculate on which park would be the best to visit on July 4th to avoid the crowds. For us, it'll just be another day in Disney and we don't care about special events. I was thinking MGM or Animal Kingdom. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Ali

I would say AK and MGM if son't won't deal with crowds on that day. Avoid MK like everything.

Originally posted by Hippychickali
My fiance and I will be going on our honeymoon during the July 4th week. We are not interested in any of the Independence Day festivities and would like to avoid them if possible. I was wondering if anyone could speculate on which park would be the best to visit on July 4th to avoid the crowds. For us, it'll just be another day in Disney and we don't care about special events. I was thinking MGM or Animal Kingdom. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Ali

We spent July 4th of 1999 at EC. The activities around the American Adventure were great and there was special fireworks after the regular Illuminations show.

We are thinking of going to AK because it is also early entry day. We thought we could take advantage of another park while everyone is at Epcot and MK. Would MGM be less crowed though because of EE at AK? Again, we really could care less about celebrations for Independence Day.

Ali

You might not care about celebrations for Independence Day, but you'll run into them everywhere on property, with the accompanying crowds.

Animal Kingdom will be your best bet for day time, but by dusk all three of the other parks will be packed to the rafters. MK will be worst of all, but it will be shoulder-to-shoulder at the Studios and Epcot too.

Your best bet is to have a PS that night for somewhere in one of the resorts, and enjoy the evening that way. Or by the pool. Once DAK closes, all those fireworks-hungry folks will be headed to the other three parks and you'll be fighting crowds all the way.

:earsboy:

Ok. I think we are going to try AK. It will be our first full day at WDW so we will probably want to brave one of the other parks in the evening. Hopefully, if we go to MGM the crowds will be bearable when most of the people go to Fantasmic. We will skip it that time and go back another. Ideally, I would like to go to AK in the day time and Epcot in the night but you figure this is out of the question.

Ali

P.S. It's not that we are so anti-American that we want to avoid Independence Day activities...we just don't care enough about the festivities to get involved in the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter