Best Options for 12 of us?

Boulder Ridge doesn't have any Grand Villas, only studios, one and two bedroom villas.

I would definitely NOT want 12 people staying together. You might think you do, but I'm not sure it'd be as peaceful or fun as you think!
I agree. If there are 3-4 families in the 12 people going.....I lean to everyone deciding on a resort so all of you could be together but each family book on their own. You could still meet at the pool on a mid day break or after the parks and ride the busses together in the mornings and be together as much as you want at the parks but yet go back to your own space whenever you want.

I agree. If there are 3-4 families in the 12 people going.....I lean to everyone deciding on a resort so all of you could be together but each family book on their own. You could still meet at the pool on a mid day break or after the parks and ride the busses together in the mornings and be together as much as you want at the parks but yet go back to your own space whenever you want.

Or be like my family and stay in 3 different places 🤣🤣🤣

But really whatever floats everyone's boat, aside from 12 people in one space. I think that's a bit much. Maybe for a day or two...but after that it gets real old, real fast.

Or be like my family and stay in 3 different places 🤣🤣🤣

But really whatever floats everyone's boat, aside from 12 people in one space. I think that's a bit much. Maybe for a day or two...but after that it gets real old, real fast.
Three different places works for me if I were going with 12 of my family members!! haha!!

If it were my family all convening at Disneyworld I'd prefer to stay at different hotels. I know I need a break from them most of the time or else I'll just be miserable. Although at least having separate spaces would be nice.

We did a 12 person trip - we are DVC owners. My brother-in-law rented points and we did 2 2bedrooms at OKW that were next to each other. Worked out great.

The problem with staying at different resorts is that you can’t gather as a family to let the kids let off steam in the pool together. I would try to stay at the same resort and then have every family book their own room.

What is the makeup of these 12 people?

As someone who is planning for a 10 person family trip, it's best to let each family unit figure out their budget and go from there...and a couple people who are gung ho now, may get cold feet when it's time to commit.

WL can be super hard to get, so every person who is responsible for their family unit needs to be on top of things when they book.

It's me, DH, son (17) my mother and her husband, my MIL and her Fiance and my SIL & BIL and their 2 kids -12& 5

It's me, DH, son (17) my mother and her husband, my MIL and her Fiance and my SIL & BIL and their 2 kids -12& 5
With that mix of people, the only grand villa that might fit you comfortably is at the Grand Floridian. Like all GVs, it has 3 bedrooms but it also has a media room with a sleeper sofa that can serve as a 4th bedroom. It also has 4 full bathrooms. It is also a lot of DVC points!

Yourself, husband and son in one bedroom with 2 queen beds. SIL and BIL and their kids in the other room with 2 queen beds. One of the parents in the master bedroom and the other in the media room.

Probably not the ideal setup but it’s the only GV that would afford everyone a modicum of privacy. Personally, I would still opt for separate rooms at WL since you like that resort.

Sounds like way too many adult couples to make it comfortable. In this situation I would suggest 4 bedrooms, not 3, to give everyone sufficient privacy. Sofa beds don't tend to work as well for adults, either. If the makeup of the travel party was a lot more children, I might be more inclined to say a grand villa would work, but not in this case unless everyone is on board with sharing bedrooms, bathrooms, and sleeping on sofa beds.

Thanks everyone ... I think we are just going to go for the individual rooms... Appreciate the input ..

We're going with 13 (one infant) gin a couple of weeks. We looked at getting a GV, but it wasn't feasible since four families were traveling. We're DVC members, so we got a 2BR and rented enough points to get another 2BR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter